2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having done the YC to DTD trek today I unfortunately agree with other posts that it was horrible! Our trips to MK have been fine and will be going to AK Thurs. so cant speak for that one yet. Trip to DTD was not too bad except i was disappointed to see the # of people who didnt at least their seats to little kids....but thats another story! Anyway we were at DTD bus stop at about 1 (DH had sent text to friend at 5min til) there were about 5 already there. We waited and waited and watched multiple buses for other resorts come and go (3 for AoA, 2 Pop, 2OKW, 2CB, 2Poly...) Finally a YC/BC bus showed and we got on at 2:00!! Then stop at Pleas. Island (driver change) and then to TL - this I didnt understand because we stopped here on way to DTD too?? So at TL another bus was in spot so we waited about 20 min before even pulling into stop. Due to downpour their was a ton of people leaving so a bit of traffic jam getting back out then to Swan/Dolphin before getting to YC just after 3. So just over 2 hours spent getting point A-B!!! What is hard to understand is why multiple buses from one group of resorts come and go in time it takes 1bus from another??!

333disneymom said:
You can make requests for BCV, but they are not guaranteed. You can't request an Epcot view. From what I understand, you can request a pool view, woods view or (I think) courtyard view.

Thanks so much for the info! Very helpful. :)

In regards to the busing, we rent a car now. We love the BC, but hate waiting on buses that come already full.
On a side note we have had a "I will never take a bus to DTD pact" in place for years. Those routes are ridiculous, from every resort, not just the YC/BC. If we have to go and we don't have a car, we get a cab.

I am pleased to report that we have some Noodles. After 5 visits to Bell Services, they rang Lost and Found and brought over every noodle they had in the place! We now have a collection of 6 (these do not include the two that Dee mentioned earlier, which were centimetres from my grasp but were taken away again when the Bell Service guy went off to look for more and were never brought back!)

I am pleased they have turned up today as I would have hated to have my wedding photos with no noodles to join us :sad2: :lmao:

Hope all your tomorrows are as magical as today! Congratulations on your wedding:goodvibes

In regards to the busing, we rent a car now. We love the BC, but hate waiting on buses that come already full.
On a side note we have had a "I will never take a bus to DTD pact" in place for years. Those routes are ridiculous, from every resort, not just the YC/BC. If we have to go and we don't have a car, we get a cab.

We just avoid DTD all together. I know I'm in the minority but there is nothing down there that really interests me and the idea of spending time shopping when I'm paying for a vacation just doesn't interest me either.

Thanks MMrules and DT83097 for sharing your frustration with the bus transportation. If you have followed our previous threads you will know many of our Y&BC regulars are not 'fans' of the bus system. MK is a hit or miss. The DTD route is the worst with AK route following with the second place honor. I leave negative feedback on every survey possible. Only when enough people do this will it change. I refuse to take the bus to DTD. And remember. This is not just a Y&BC problem but also a problem for Swan, Dolphin, and BWI (and all the deluxe's for that matter as they all share).

That being said my absolute worst bus experience ever was one trip we took to my 'other' beloved resort, The Wilderness Lodge. Everywhere we went (except MK) that trip it took forever. It got to be a joke when when we were leaving HS or AK that it would be easier to walk. Not sure if it was timing or just a glitch. And yep. I completed my survey that trip also.

I do hate that it seemed real bad this time. Hope this is not a trend or another Disney cost cutting move.

Once again thanks for sharing and do not feel snotty. We welcome all feedback here.

Good morning BC/YC friends. It's been a few days since my last post, but take that only to mean we're having a wonderful time! We did have to leave BC and that gorgeous suite yesterday, but with the promise that we WILL be back. Teena downstairs and Chip and Jill upstairs worked overtime to make our stay magical. It's truly a beautiful resort. The good news is that we don have to leave Disney yet either. We zipped right over to BWI, which we know we love. And though I miss BC, I think I can handle this view for the next 6 days.... ;-)

556EF538-06F0-4958-806A-89D4EFA72E43-464-000000A83F3720D5.jpg

46A5929D-61B0-4D45-B099-0BA9D9A21754-464-000000A844775212.jpg

It's so nice to know now that we have two resorts that we love and feel welcome at! Thanks to all on this thread who help make it so informative and friendly!

Oh! And DP and I made 2 new contributions to the noodle family. We donated a pink one and a purple one which I marked with the names of our 2 cats, Grace and Henry. If you get one of those noodles... Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello all.... First of all, we'll be staying at BCV for the first time from 11/11-11/17, if you'd like to add our dates to the list.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

natebenma, whenever you get around to it, can you update our info on the BOG list? Our dates are 6/9/13-6/15/13. We are staying at BC, garden view, and it'll be me (DH), DW, and DD (13). Can't wait!

Thanks,
Andy

You bet!

:goodvibes

Please add me to the Be Out Guest List: 10/22-10/27 BC (Surprise Trip!)

Will do!

:woohoo:

I can not wait for the next 30 days to fly by and we will be at the Yacht Club for the very 1st time. We usually stay at the Beach Club, but thought we'd try the Yacht Club to celebrate my big 40th birthday. Hope we like it just as much!! All the planning is done and all I need to do is pack:) Getting so excited!!

I am pleased to report that we have some Noodles. After 5 visits to Bell Services, they rang Lost and Found and brought over every noodle they had in the place! We now have a collection of 6 (these do not include the two that Dee mentioned earlier, which were centimetres from my grasp but were taken away again when the Bell Service guy went off to look for more and were never brought back!)

I am pleased they have turned up today as I would have hated to have my wedding photos with no noodles to join us :sad2: :lmao:

Thank you so much for your persistence!!!

Have a wonderfully magical day today! :love:

:bride::groom:

Glad to hear the Noodle family has turned up! Can anyone confirm whether or not there are noodles for sale at the Marketplace or the stand at SAB? I'm looking forward to floating along with minimal muscle power :upsidedow

There SHOULD be. Last time I saw a picture with a price tag, they were $5 each! :crazy2:

Has anyone seen them on display recently?

A couple of last-minute questions as we hit 11 days on the countdown:

1) I know swim diapers are required for babies. Are babies in swim diapers restricted to the kids pool? Or can they "swim" with mom and dad in the rest of SAB too? (Obviously not taking her down the Flying Jib or anything insane like that! Haha!)

Bumping this up- I have never been to SAB with young kids, so I don't have personal experience, but as far as I know, kids in swim diapers are welcome anywhere in the pool. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

As some of you know (and many of you do not) I have had an extremely stressful past 4 months. After 26 years in the same job, I was told my job was being eliminated :sad: and our plant was being complexed with another plant. I would have to apply:scared1: for the position that would be over both plants and that the applications would be open to the entire company since this was happening across the entire nation within our company.

The process took forever but I am happy to report that I got the new position (a promotion) with twice as much responsibility (but only a little more pay). It certainly beats unemployment.

Congrats!!!

I'm so happy for you!

:goodvibes

To everyone returning from recent trips who have had problems with buses, chair hogs, cleanliness or other issues- I just want to say sorry for the issues you have experienced.

As much as I hate to hear these disappointing reports, it is very important that you share your experiences, positive and negative, about your stay.

Thanks for letting us know about your trips, and as MickeyT says, please please please write to Disney and/or the Yacht & Beach Club General manager about your concerns!

It's so nice to know now that we have two resorts that we love and feel welcome at! Thanks to all on this thread who help make it so informative and friendly!

Oh! And DP and I made 2 new contributions to the noodle family. We donated a pink one and a purple one which I marked with the names of our 2 cats, Grace and Henry. If you get one of those noodles... Enjoy!

Awesome views!!!

Thanks for the noodle contributions. It sounds like these two noodles were seperated from the new herd formed by Pinkgirl. Are they under the name Grace and Henry Noodle, or just Grace and Henry?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

I am not bashing by any means...Disney is my happy place and overall the vacation was wonderful. I have never complained about buses or other issues on any disboards as I am very easy to please....this was just a few things that were disappointing compared to beach club stays past. You will have a great time as the CM's, beauty of the hotal and SAB make up for the negatives. I hope you have perfect bus rides and luck finding chairs pixiedust:pixiedust:

I'm sorry, I hope it didn't seem like I was talking about your post- rather, a few posts on other areas of the Dis, not from the YC/BC thread! I appreciate the honest feedback and thre thoughtful reviews that you and others have posted here.

natebenma said:
Awesome views!!!

Thanks for the noodle contributions. It sounds like these two noodles were seperated from the new herd formed by Pinkgirl. Are they under the name Grace and Henry Noodle, or just Grace and Henry?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

I just wrote Grace and Henry on them with sharpie and gave them to bell services yesterday morning.

With all of the bus issues, has anyone taken the monorail from Epcot to MK? Just wondering how that is.

We've done it while staying at the Poly.

It's delightful-- maybe 10 minutes??

But keep in mind, from the BC, that means a bag check at International Gateway, a walk all the way through Epcot, waiting on line for the monorail, changing monorails at the TTC (right?? someone check me here) and another bag check at the MK. The bus is a lot faster.

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from Downtown Disney back to Beach Club? (Sorry if it's already here somewhere- I searched around the faqs, but didn't see anything...)
Thanks!

With all of the bus issues, has anyone taken the monorail from Epcot to MK? Just wondering how that is.

We always take the bus from the BC to MK (we are at the bus stop at 7:30 to reach the 8 AM EMH opening show), but we use the monorail to get back to the BC in the afternoon. It is a really pleasant ride (Yes, Nate, the monorail is TOO a ride) and then we hit a couple of attractions on the way back to the resort, or check on FPs to use if we are returning to EPCOT that evening.

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from Downtown Disney back to Beach Club? (Sorry if it's already here somewhere- I searched around the faqs, but didn't see anything...)
Thanks!

Under $20 with tip, I believe. AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! Many of you know my feelings about the DTD to BC bus. DTD to anywhere, really. I avoid it at all costs and have even devised a complicated-clever way to avoid that route home from DTD.

You can read about it in the last posts of the FAQ (Post 12 on page 1, I think)

Cliffs Note version- When you are done at DTD, take a DTD resort boat (take a boat, any boat) to one of the resorts. Take the bus from that resort (POR, POFQ, OKW or SSR) to EPCOT. As above, enjoy a few attractions on your way back to BC or YC.

It is probably not quicker than taking a bus directly back (but sometimes it is), but it is certainly a lot more pleasant!!!

Wouldn't work for those folks who were caught in the rain earlier this week, but in that situation, I would definitely take a cab.

I can't believe that summer is winding down and our trip is just a little over 2 months away. And I still have so much to do between now and then...totally not related to the trip.

This Friday we're going to Country Music Fest - totally unexpected. I won tickets yesterday.
In September we're going to a WWE event - which is more for my husband and really not my thing, but since he wants to go...
Then in October, I'm meeting up with some folks from another Disney board to tour Salem the first weekend. And on the 14th I'm doing the walk for Juvenile Diabetes in Providence.
Plus there are a few other small things going on between now and then.

Before we know it, Oct. 27th will be here and we'll be checking in at the YC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter