2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
TeenaS said:
I'm dancing to that song on my way to put my suitcases in the car to go to airport. So HAPPY for you!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Enjoy your trip!! Say hello to Jeanne and Lily for me! Thank you for ALL you do!

Thinking of moving our Sept. trip up to Labor Day weekend, wondering if anyone has been over Labor Day weekend and what they thought about the crowds? :confused3

As some of you know (and many of you do not) I have had an extremely stressful past 4 months. After 26 years in the same job, I was told my job was being eliminated :sad: and our plant was being complexed with another plant. I would have to apply:scared1: for the position that would be over both plants and that the applications would be open to the entire company since this was happening across the entire nation within our company.

The process took forever but I am happy to report that I got the new position (a promotion) with twice as much responsibility (but only a little more pay). It certainly beats unemployment. I also figure I only have about 10 years of work life left and I didn't want to have to start over with pension, vacation, etc. I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

I want to thank all of you on this board that knew about it and offered moral and emotional support during this extremely stressful time. :faint: I also want to thank those of you that didn't know about it because this board was the one place I could go and completely get away from the stress. :grouphug:

I have thoroughly enjoyed the stories, trips, pictures and :rotfl2:NinjaMom descriptions and hypothetical situations!!!! This board is so informational but also acts as a "get away." As the Pointer Sisters would say, "We are Family." Thanks for adopting me.:flower3:

Congrats! :)

Lifeisgood1 said:
Thinking of moving our Sept. trip up to Labor Day weekend, wondering if anyone has been over Labor Day weekend and what they thought about the crowds? :confused3

I just looked into this last night. The crowd level is not horrible as most of the northern schools go back that week. I think it is mostly locals going for a long weekend. That said I pulled the extended forecast and it looks like a lot of storms and temps in the 90's with a heat index well above 100. We are also monitoring a storm in the Atlantic that may end up moving towards FL. Just some food for thought regarding Labor Day Weekend.

YCFAN said:
The process took forever but I am happy to report that I got the new position (a promotion) with twice as much responsibility (but only a little more pay). It certainly beats unemployment. I also figure I only have about 10 years of work life left and I didn't want to have to start over with pension, vacation, etc. I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the stories, trips, pictures and :rotfl2:NinjaMom descriptions and hypothetical situations!!!! This board is so informational but also acts as a "get away." As the Pointer Sisters would say, "We are Family." Thanks for adopting me.:flower3:

Congrats on your new position! I agree that this board is great to just "get away" from the stresses of everyday life.

I just looked into this last night. The crowd level is not horrible as most of the northern schools go back that week. I think it is mostly locals going for a long weekend. That said I pulled the extended forecast and it looks like a lot of storms and temps in the 90's with a heat index well above 100. We are also monitoring a storm in the Atlantic that may end up moving towards FL. Just some food for thought regarding Labor Day Weekend.

Oh you are right there is a tropical depression hanging out there right now. We are in south florida so I know how quickly the weather can change. Maybe I will be better waiting until mid september but I dont' think it will be any cooler...:rotfl:

Lifeisgood1 said:
Oh you are right there is a tropical depression hanging out there right now. We are in south florida so I know how quickly the weather can change. Maybe I will be better waiting until mid september but I dont' think it will be any cooler...:rotfl:

Yeah after I posted I looked and saw you were in Wellington, I am in Boca ;) We are booked for Sep 15-17 and know that it probably won't be any cooler than Labor day weekend, but hoping for less rain although that is doubtful. It's that time of year :)

Yeah after I posted I looked and saw you were in Wellington, I am in Boca ;) We are booked for Sep 15-17 and know that it probably won't be any cooler than Labor day weekend, but hoping for less rain although that is doubtful. It's that time of year :)

I worked in Boca for years right on Yamato rd. :) Just checked touring plans and they have the crowd levels higher for Labor Day weekend than most of Sept. so I may just have to stick with mid Sept.

As some of you know (and many of you do not) I have had an extremely stressful past 4 months. After 26 years in the same job, I was told my job was being eliminated :sad: and our plant was being complexed with another plant. I would have to apply:scared1: for the position that would be over both plants and that the applications would be open to the entire company since this was happening across the entire nation within our company.

I want to thank all of you on this board that knew about it and offered moral and emotional support during this extremely stressful time. :faint: I also want to thank those of you that didn't know about it because this board was the one place I could go and completely get away from the stress. :grouphug:

CONGRATS on the job!!! :cheer2: Definitely better than unemployment!

I worked in Boca for years right on Yamato rd. :) Just checked touring plans and they have the crowd levels higher for Labor Day weekend than most of Sept. so I may just have to stick with mid Sept.

Small world....I live off of Yamato Rd ::yes:: Yeah between a moderate crowd level and the impending storm we decided not to move our dates up either. Although the kids keep asking if we can go this weekend :p

Melissa

Small world....I live off of Yamato Rd ::yes:: Yeah between a moderate crowd level and the impending storm we decided not to move our dates up either. Although the kids keep asking if we can go this weekend :p

Melissa[/QUOTE]

I see you stayed at a Tree House Villa, we have always wanted to check those out. I have 3 boys and I think they would love it but from some of thes pictures I have seen online think?

Lynn

I see you stayed at a Tree House Villa, we have always wanted to check those out. I have 3 boys and I think they would love it but from some of thes pictures I have seen online think?

Lynn[/QUOTE]

I was about 10 when I stayed in one :lmao: But I actually do remember it! My mom and I were just talking about the that stay the other night. She said it was an "experience". I remember it being fun but cant really comment to space. I would say give it a try, I am sure the boys would love it!

TEENA I have a question for you :wave2: I am trying to figure out when the resorts start taking down the Christmas decorations. It seems like the date I am seeing is Friday, Jan 4th. Do you think there is any chance the decorations will be left up through that weekend? We are coming in Jan 5th and I really wanted to take the kids around to the different resorts to see all the decorations. Thanks for all your help!

Melissa

I just checked in for our Jet Blue flight tomorrow at 9:00!!

After booking it a year ago on a Bounceback it is finally here!!!

Jay
Have a great trip:cool1:

So glad everything worked out for you-congratulations:goodvibes

NM just wanted to tell you I'm thinking of you and hope you are coping with all life is throwing your way at the minute!

I just wanted to give a small trip report for my stay from 8/8 to 8/17.

I want to give a spectacular report, however, there are a few things about the BC that left me feeling a bit less magical :sad2:.

We stayed in the Villlas in room 305. The room was clean and everything was in working order. we had a view of the quiet pool which was nice, however, not as spectacular as last year's view of spaceship earth :thumbsup2.

As usual Stormalong bay was fantastic. We spent hours there swimming and laying by the pool. I will say that some folks took advantage of the pool area by hoarding (no lie) 15 chairs (as we could hear them counting them out) and then as my husband and I sat on our chairs watching our children, noone ever came to at least 12 of those chairs during the 4 hours we were there. Very disappointing for guests who had no chair. Not sure how the resort could monitor that, but it is a pet peeve.

The cleanliness of the general hotel is a bit more upsetting. The mens room off of the main lobby had a broken urinal in it during our entire stay. With all the maintenance staff WDW employs one would think it would have been fixed within 10 days. My husband reported that it was also dirty and smelled every time he went in it. I used the women's room off the lobby and it too smelled of very strong urine. It appeared clean, but didn't smell it. The bathroom near Cape May's was also covered in toilet paper and not very tidy the few times I went in there.

The food tasted good at the quick service and Cape May's Breakfast (although this costs way too much money if you pay OOP). THe burgers at Hurricane Hanna was very greasy as it seemed like it sat on the bun way too long, causing the bun to fall apart. The poor staff at Hurricane Hanna's had a non-stop continuous line. I felt really bad for them because the obviously didn't have enough staff to get orders cooked fast enough. Some patrons were complaining and getting mad about the wait.

My biggest complaint is the buses. I don't want to sound snotty:snooty:, but for the price of the hotel rooms the bus situation should be addressed and corrected. I realize that BC is in close proximity to the BW and swan/dolphin. However, having 5 bus stops plus a ride to blizzard beach and then AK or to DTD is absurd. The bus drivers pack guests in like sardines which I think could be in various violations of the acutal # of guests allowed. Then it takes forever to go to/from your hotel or park. I don't usually complain about the buses because I know it is public transportation, but this time was the worst I ever had (and it wasn't as busy as it has been in the past). The worst instance we had was going to DTD. On the night we were coming home a huge thunder/lightning storm was approaching. We saw a bus leaving as we got there. We were waiting with another family who got dropped off from the water parks after they waited for over a 1/2 hour for a bus. We were at the bus stop for over 1 hour and 15 minutes before a bus finally arrived. During this time at least 5 or 6 buses came for all other resorts (as the crowd grew so did the number of folks counting buses) and no BC bus came. There was a bus monitor CM there and we tried asking him for an answer to where a bus was, could he send a bus etc. He kinda gave the crowd the run around for about a half hour then he left and we still had no bus. Sadly when the bus showed up the entire crowd couldn't fit on it and many folks were left out in the storm. I have no idea how much longer they had to wait. I have never had issues with buses like this before and don't know if it is a fluke or poor management but I hope it gets corrected soon.

THe rest of the vacation was great and the CM's throughout the resort were friendly, courteous and kind. I just hope the BC can work through some kinks that were very noticable compared to visits past. I am sure that there have been staff cuts due to the economy, but those cuts are definitely felt by the consumer who isn't being charged less for less service.

MMrules said:

I want to give a spectacular report, however, there are a few things about the BC that left me feeling a bit less magical :sad2:.

We stayed in the Villlas in room 305. The room was clean and everything was in working order. we had a view of the quiet pool which was nice, however, not as spectacular as last year's view of spaceship earth :thumbsup2.

As usual Stormalong bay was fantastic. We spent hours there swimming and laying by the pool. I will say that some folks took advantage of the pool area by hoarding (no lie) 15 chairs (as we could hear them counting them out) and then as my husband and I sat on our chairs watching our children, noone ever came to at least 12 of those chairs during the 4 hours we were there. Very disappointing for guests who had no chair. Not sure how the resort could monitor that, but it is a pet peeve.

The cleanliness of the general hotel is a bit more upsetting. The mens room off of the main lobby had a broken urinal in it during our entire stay. With all the maintenance staff WDW employs one would think it would have been fixed within 10 days. My husband reported that it was also dirty and smelled every time he went in it. I used the women's room off the lobby and it too smelled of very strong urine. It appeared clean, but didn't smell it. The bathroom near Cape May's was also covered in toilet paper and not very tidy the few times I went in there.

The food tasted good at the quick service and Cape May's Breakfast (although this costs way too much money if you pay OOP). THe burgers at Hurricane Hanna was very greasy as it seemed like it sat on the bun way too long, causing the bun to fall apart. The poor staff at Hurricane Hanna's had a non-stop continuous line. I felt really bad for them because the obviously didn't have enough staff to get orders cooked fast enough. Some patrons were complaining and getting mad about the wait.

My biggest complaint is the buses. I don't want to sound snotty:snooty:, but for the price of the hotel rooms the bus situation should be addressed and corrected. I realize that BC is in close proximity to the BW and swan/dolphin. However, having 5 bus stops plus a ride to blizzard beach and then AK or to DTD is absurd. The bus drivers pack guests in like sardines which I think could be in various violations of the acutal # of guests allowed. Then it takes forever to go to/from your hotel or park. I don't usually complain about the buses because I know it is public transportation, but this time was the worst I ever had (and it wasn't as busy as it has been in the past). The worst instance we had was going to DTD. On the night we were coming home a huge thunder/lightning storm was approaching. We saw a bus leaving as we got there. We were waiting with another family who got dropped off from the water parks after they waited for over a 1/2 hour for a bus. We were at the bus stop for over 1 hour and 15 minutes before a bus finally arrived. During this time at least 5 or 6 buses came for all other resorts (as the crowd grew so did the number of folks counting buses) and no BC bus came. There was a bus monitor CM there and we tried asking him for an answer to where a bus was, could he send a bus etc. He kinda gave the crowd the run around for about a half hour then he left and we still had no bus. Sadly when the bus showed up the entire crowd couldn't fit on it and many folks were left out in the storm. I have no idea how much longer they had to wait. I have never had issues with buses like this before and don't know if it is a fluke or poor management but I hope it gets corrected soon.

THe rest of the vacation was great and the CM's throughout the resort were friendly, courteous and kind. I just hope the BC can work through some kinks that were very noticable compared to visits past. I am sure that there have been staff cuts due to the economy, but those cuts are definitely felt by the consumer who isn't being charged less for less service.

Sounds like we had similar experiences. We were there 8/4-8/11. Chair hogging was a major issue. If you saw my trip report I told the story of me being attacked by some psycho people with a huge row of chairs who never sat in them all day. It almost ruined my entire SAB experience. I was just floored by it all. Also, I don't know if you tried the laundry room but all the washers had signs on them saying they were broken. A lady I talked to down there said the signs had been like that all week. I also agree with you about buses. It's sad when you look forward to a vacation and then you end up feeling like the problems outweighed the good parts. :(

MMrules- Thank you for your honest feedback about the BC. I am sorry to hear that your stay was a bit less than magical. :sad2: I completely agree that the bus issues need to be sorted out stat! Given the insane amount of complaints the BC likely receives from guests about this, you would think they would have already made the necessary changes.

Also- do you mind my asking what you liked better about your BCV Epcot view than the pool view? We are debating which view to request, but I was apprehensive about the Epcot view due to the service road beneath. Was this a non-issue for you in terms of noise, etc?

Thanks again for sharing your honest review! :flower3:

I am pleased to report that we have some Noodles. After 5 visits to Bell Services, they rang Lost and Found and brought over every noodle they had in the place! We now have a collection of 6 (these do not include the two that Dee mentioned earlier, which were centimetres from my grasp but were taken away again when the Bell Service guy went off to look for more and were never brought back!)

I am pleased they have turned up today as I would have hated to have my wedding photos with no noodles to join us :sad2: :lmao:

After reading a couple posts, I've begun to really be concerned about the bus system at the BC. I'm hoping someone can set my mind at ease!

We rely entirely on Disney transportation and are generally very patient in regards to waiting for buses. What I've read today, though, is that the bus for the BC shares with YC (understandable), Boardwalk, Swan, AND Dolphin? Really? This just surprises me completely as these are all pretty big resorts - what makes Disney think that Pop and AoA need separate buses but 5 deluxe resorts can share?

Can anyone help me understand or, even better, tell me that what I've heard is not typical? Maybe there are problems with the buses right now so they are grouping hotels together but only as a short term solution to a problem?

Thanks!

I am pleased to report that we have some Noodles. After 5 visits to Bell Services, they rang Lost and Found and brought over every noodle they had in the place! We now have a collection of 6 (these do not include the two that Dee mentioned earlier, which were centimetres from my grasp but were taken away again when the Bell Service guy went off to look for more and were never brought back!)

I am pleased they have turned up today as I would have hated to have my wedding photos with no noodles to join us :sad2: :lmao:
Glad they showed up!

Pinkgirl, Wishing you every happiness on your wedding day tomorrow!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter