2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mylildarlings

mylildarlings Earning My Ears

Thanks for the heads up. We're heading there in a few days but will have a rental car since we're going to Cocoa Beach first. I debated between turning in the car at Disney or keeping it the whole week and then got a great deal ($165 total after fees for 9 days!), so after reading your report, I'm so glad that I decided to keep it for the week. :)

Did you find the bus to MK ok? I hear that's faster then driving.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mariamouse

mariamouse <font color=CC66CC>Believes in the magic!!<br><fon

The bus to the MK is certainly not exempt from the issues the PP had. The bus ride itself will often take longer than driving your own car would, but the reason that it typically ends up being faster is because it drops off right outside the MK entrance. When you drive, you have to park at the TTC and then take either the boat or monorail over to the MK from there.

If there is a minimal MK bus wait time, then it will get you there faster. But, if the bus wait time starts to approach 15-20 mins, it evens out.

4. mylildarlings

mylildarlings Earning My Ears

Ok. That makes sense. Is there a way to know when the next bus arrives? Do they post pick up times?

5. mariamouse

Unfortunately, no posted pick up times. There is sometimes a CM there, though, that can sort of give you a heads-up as to when the last bus departed/when the next bus might arrive... or at least this was the case for us at the GF last December.

6. georgiasmom

georgiasmom Mouseketeer

YEAH for the NOODLES!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Text me when you are ready to do the swap.

Have a great wedding!!!

Amy

7. KJay

KJay DIS Veteran

Trying not to get too concerned over the not-so-good (ok, maybe closer to scathing or bashing in some cases!) BC reviews that are suddenly popping up around the boards. I'm going in with a positive attitude! :thumbsup2 Who's with me? :cool1:

Glad to hear the Noodle family has turned up! Can anyone confirm whether or not there are noodles for sale at the Marketplace or the stand at SAB? I'm looking forward to floating along with minimal muscle power :upsidedow

8. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

Bus is shared among all 5 resorts to/from AK, water parks and at least in the am to MK. In the evening, the MK bus was shared only between 3 of the 5 resorts. Bus does take a long time, so plan accordingly. We only spend one day at MK and now drive to AK, so we still choose BC/YC. We spend most of our time at Epcot, DHS and the pool. If visiting MK were a priority, I would rent a car. Even with having to take the monorail over from TTC, it is quicker than driving (we have done it both ways).

9. vinotinto

OK, desperate times call for desperate measures.

With all the talk that there will only be limited and drinks in the pool area (hot dogs and soda ain't going to cut it), can we order from the room service menu and have it delivered at the pool? I have a whole pool day built into our schedule and didn't really want to root us away from it to have lunch. TIA!

10. vinotinto

Now, *that's* the right attitude! :thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip!

11. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

Congrats on the promotion :cool1: It must be such a relief to know you will not be unemployed

Have fun setting up the classroom and of course visiting the princessprincess:princess:
    I just set up my classroom today. So happy that is done!

12. MMrules

MMrules DIS Veteran

I am hoping that the bus issue was just for us and it is straightened out. We didn't complain to the resort as we know snags can happen, but I did give an honest reply to the survey I received when I got home.

Personally, I just loved waking up and seeing that giant Epcot ball out of my windows (and we could see some higher fireworks at night). This years view of the pool was very relaxing and pretty (although my kids wanted to visit it the entire time they could see it :).). This time we tried to request an Epcot view through DVC and were told that they don't do room requests, but the did last year. So I am not sure if that is a new policy or not. The service road area was not loud at all, but the fireworks are :thumbsup2

13. MMrules

MMrules DIS Veteran

This is what we were questioning when we were there. We are Disney transportation people. I don't rent a car and have no issues waiting for buses. I expect that I will have to wait and I don't usually mind at all. The buses were fine to MK as they were only YC and BC that shared a bus. AK was the one that had 5 hotels plus the waterpark and DTD had the 5 hotels. I am not sure if it is because volume wise there are less people that visit those destinations, however, everytime we went there were lots of people going there too. I understand that they need to pack folks on the buses, but it is scary to see so many people standing (sometimes small children) and then the bus takes a corner or fast stop and there are people almost falling. I am sure that it is not easy for the drivers because if they don't pack the bus in, they will get yelled at by folks waiting. It just seems to me that there should be either more buses available or the swan/dolphin should have their own buses as they are huge. They also aren't part of magical express so I am not sure why DIsney provides them transportation. In the past it has been fine, so maybe this was a fluke???? I hope so for my fellow vacationerspixiedust:

14. MMrules

MMrules DIS Veteran

I am not bashing by any means...Disney is my happy place and overall the vacation was wonderful. I have never complained about buses or other issues on any disboards as I am very easy to please....this was just a few things that were disappointing compared to beach club stays past. You will have a great time as the CM's, beauty of the hotal and SAB make up for the negatives. I hope you have perfect bus rides and luck finding chairs pixiedust:pixiedust:

15. mariamouse

Thanks so much for the info and heads-up about the potential new DVC requests policy.. I'll have to look into that since all of this indecisive worrying may end up being pointless!

16. MMrules

MMrules DIS Veteran

The bus to MK only has BC and YC on it. We found the bus to/from MK was great. We hardly waited for it at all. Hollywood studios uses the boats which is great. Epcot is a short walk away. The most stops are to AK and DTD. I would suggest a car for them if you are going to rent one and don't want to chance the buses. In years past this hasn't been an issue (and last FEb. when I was at the Boardwalk) so I am hoping there was a snag and they are fixing it or have new management or something. We have always relied on Disney transportation and will continue to do so in the future. Don't stress over it, I am hoping it was just bad timing or luck on my family's trip.

17. MMrules

MMrules DIS Veteran

You are welcome:). I am not sure if it is true or just the CM I got on the phone. Honestly it didn't matter where we were so I wasn't too upset when they told me on the phone. THe pool view was very pretty and peaceful :thumbsup2

18. BLTtinkerbell

BLTtinkerbell DIS Veteran

Have a great time!

Congrats on the job! "We are family" now stuck in my head! :cool1:

Have a nice visit with Jeanne and Lily!

Best Wishes for a wonderful wedding!:flower3:

19. stepdisney

stepdisney <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

This is what we are experiencing this week. Last night was the worst. We got caught in a thunderstorm at DHS yesterday. We ran to the bus (knowing that the boats will not run in a storm.) It was POURING. We stood in line for way too long along with too many others and watched buses come and go for resorts all around us. One bus came and too many people squeezed on board. The rest of us were left in the pouring rain, again. The bus situation here is not good at all. We all sat and stood in the cold, air conditioned bus after standing in the rain forever and they sent one bus for 5 resorts. I am not one to complain but something needs to be done about this.

20. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

You can make requests for BCV, but they are not guaranteed. You can't request an Epcot view. From what I understand, you can request a pool view, woods view or (I think) courtyard view.

21. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Congrats on your wedding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.