2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

I just "swept the thread", going through the past 5 days of pages- we have some new folks to welcome and I have bumped up a couple of questions.

Hello! I just book the Beach Club (May 20 - 25), this will be are first stay at this resort! I'm actually surprizing my DH with this as he's always wanted to stay here! Are first part of the trip will be spent at CBR (checking in May 2) I'm just hoping I can keep this a secret till check in day at the BC, I can't wait to see he's face when I tell him! Now to think of a way to surprise him with the news! Haha
I've read through the first few pages of this thread, so much info, really enjoyed reading it, even learned a few things! Thanks for the info and letting me share my excitement!!!

:welcome: I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1. :cool1:

Could you please add me to the Be Our Guest list for YC CL on 10/21 - 10/26?
Thanks!

Found my answer regarding balconies (awesome thread!!)

You bet! :welcome: back! :yay:

I'm so glad i found this thread!! We will be staying in a 1BR villa in 11 days!!! It will be the 5 of us, myself, DH, DS17, DD3, and DD10 months. Thank you all for all the information throughout this thread, I've lurked a bit trying to learn all I can before our arrival :-)

:welcome:

:woohoo:

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list? What are the dates of your trip?

Hi guys,

First off, let me congratulate all of you for this incredible thread. Disney WISHES they could have so much in-depth information on their resorts as I have found here.

Even though we are Disney fans here in my house, we have never been able to stay in a Disney resort... Until now that is! Thanks to a convention taking place at the Yacht Club (and therefore the reduced rates) we will be staying from May 3 to 7 so I will bring my DW and two of my DD so we can go to the Magic Kingdom and DHS.

:welcome: and congrats on your first Disney resort stay. :cheer2:

Leaving Saturday for my first stay at Coronado Springs (1 night) but more importantly for my first stay at Yacht Club! I booked this kind of last minute and could only stay at Yacht Club with either no discount or an AP-rate CL room for the dates I needed. So, CL it is! Very excited!

:welcome:

:banana::banana::banana:

So you can Get Juice at the Compass lounge!?

I only know what has been posted on this thread before because I have never gotten the offerings here, but since it is a bar, it should have OJ and maybe tomato juice.

I don't know if anyone is interested...or if this is allowed, but once we leave Beach Club on June 7, we aren't going to need our stroller.

So, if anyone wants a free stroller (and heck, you can pass it on to someone else when you leave Disney...or take it home...I don't care!)...PM me.

It is this one, but in solid black.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First-Years-Jet-Stroller-in-Elegance-Red-Black/17176984

OMG! I wish we were going to be there!!! Our youngest has mild cerebral palsy and needs a stroller. Sadly we won't be at Disney until June 23rd...

Amanda

Have you had any takers on the stroller? If not, and Amanda is still interested, is it possible to leave it at Bell Services under her name, with the pickup date?

Hi all, I am writing this as I sit in the BC lobby waiting for ME (boo).. We had a terrific trip .. I loved the SAB.. I definitely enjoyed BC but I actually liked YC a little bit better.. The weather has been really crazy since we have been here.. But the crowds have been awesome and by awesome I mean, they haven't bothered us at all. We really never waited in any lines, how awesome is that? I will tell you I found people this trip to not be very friendly.. Maybe I'm overly friendly and that freaks people out.. Haha
Teena, I saw you in the lobby on Monday but you were talking to someone and by the time I got back there, you were gone..
I will write more.. I have a lot to say.. :laughing:

So sorry your trip is over. I'm already dreading the last day.

We're overly friendly folks also.......after all we're cajuns from Lafayette!!! Don't know a stranger, will talk to lamp posts if necessary, others probably think were "stalkers"!!! :rotfl:

I find myself telling passerbys in the parks "Good Morning, how are you today"

Since the noodles (or reasonable facsimilies) have "resurfaced", I am once again taking reservations for the Noodle Swap.

If you are interested, please check out the list on Page 1 (Post 14), to see if the noodles are available during your stay. If so, post your request here on the thread.

First come, first served for requests.

Please note that is it probably best that we keep the noodles as busy as possible. If they go for too long without being taken out to play, they may get bored and disappear again.

And please, tip your waiters and waitresses. I mean Bell Service CMs. on the way in and out.

Thanks!

Dee

So sorry your trip is over. I'm already dreading the last day.

We're overly friendly folks also.......after all we're cajuns from Lafayette!!! Don't know a stranger, will talk to lamp posts if necessary, others probably think were "stalkers"!!! :rotfl:

I find myself telling passerbys in the parks "Good Morning, how are you today"

Ha ha, another kindred spirit! :)

Since the noodles (or reasonable facsimilies) have "resurfaced", I am once again taking reservations for the Noodle Swap.

If you are interested, please check out the list on Page 1 (Post 14), to see if the noodles are available during your stay. If so, post your request here on the thread.

First come, first served for requests.

Please note that is it probably best that we keep the noodles as busy as possible. If they go for too long without being taken out to play, they may get bored and disappear again.

And please, tip your waiters and waitresses. I mean Bell Service CMs. on the way in and out.

Thanks!

Dee

So it's ok to tip bell service? I thought I read somewhere here (from Teena) that CMs aren't allowed to accept tips? I am a firm believer in tipping, but the last thing I want to do is get anyone in trouble. :sad2:

So it's ok to tip bell service? I thought I read somewhere here (from Teena) that CMs aren't allowed to accept tips? I am a firm believer in tipping, but the last thing I want to do is get anyone in trouble. :sad2:

I believe anyone who handles your bags (bell services, etc.) and anyone who delivers food / dry cleaning is still fair game for tips. :goodvibes It's concierge, greeters, IPO, etc who cannot accept tips.

Can someone confirm that for me?:confused3

Just returned from a 6 night stay at BCV's. the good: SAB was open, bell services and valet were terrific. The bad: mousekeeping and condition of the villas (we stayed in 2 different ones). Could not get any dishwasher soap after calling mousekeeping 2 times and asking at the front desk. Mousekeeping came on the wrong day for trash and towel service. The ugly: front desk/check-in. For some reason, if you give them a cell phone number with online checkin and/or when you actually get there, they call your home phone to tell you the room is ready. So, we waited hours to get the call that our room was ready both times and the call never came to our cell phone. So, when you check-in, ask them to text you when the room is ready instead of a phone call.

Can you elaborate on the condition of your villa? and which two rooms you were in thanks! I will be in the villas in 3 weeks and I am concerned

I believe anyone who handles your bags (bell services, etc.) and anyone who delivers food / dry cleaning is still fair game for tips. :goodvibes It's concierge, greeters, IPO, etc who cannot accept tips.

Here is my understanding of the tipping situation:

CMs in non-tipped positions are not permitted to accept CASH tips. They may accept "goods" (food, books, etc) as long as the value is under $75. I have been told that gift certificates are not considered to be cash and are acceptable.

A little foggy on this part... Bell Services/Luggage CMs are tipped positions, I believe. Valets, the ones who hail your cabs, are not. I could be wrong on this so if anyone can confirm... When in doubt, I will ask the CM if they are permitted to accept tips.

For club level CMs, I try to put together a group gift, maybe local specialties (think Vermont maple candy, Tasty Cakes, that sort of thing).

Mousekeeping- I keep reading that this is NOT a tipped position, but they can accept tips but are supposed to pool them. This always confuses me. So I tip every day and also leave a couple of dollars for turndown service if I am staying at club level.

Here is my understanding of the tipping situation:

CMs in non-tipped positions are not permitted to accept CASH tips. They may accept "goods" (food, books, etc) as long as the value is under $75. I have been told that gift certificates are not considered to be cash and are acceptable.

A little foggy on this part... Bell Services/Luggage CMs are tipped positions, I believe. Valets, the ones who hail your cabs, are not. I could be wrong on this so if anyone can confirm... When in doubt, I will ask the CM if they are permitted to accept tips.

For club level CMs, I try to put together a group gift, maybe local specialties (think Vermont maple candy, Tasty Cakes, that sort of thing).

Mousekeeping- I keep reading that this is NOT a tipped position, but they can accept tips but are supposed to pool them. This always confuses me. So I tip every day and also leave a couple of dollars for turndown service if I am staying at club level.

Valet is also a tipped position. Otherwise, everything you said above is absolutely true.

Hi guys - just stopping in for a minute to ask for prayers from my BC/YC "family". My mom is back in the hospital.

Sunday night everything was fine. We had my grandson's "birthday dinner" and mom seemed a little tired but other than that was in good spirits.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from her - she was having definite breathing problems and asked me to take her to the ER. Now if you know my Mom there is nothing she hates more than hospitals so I KNEW she was not doing well.

She has been admitted with respiratory and kidney problems. As most of you know she is a real fighter and I'm hoping for the best. If you can, please keep our family in your prayers today.

Thanks so much

Robyn,
Hugs, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family :grouphug:

OK, Feckless- it's on! The great ticker competition. Will your Mickey push pin be totally free of Spaceship Earth before my Mickey is no longer being "mousehandled" by the monorail?

:lmao: We shall see! I'm still wondering how much higher Mickey's voice will go.

:lmao: We shall see! I'm still wondering how much higher Mickey's voice will go.

Obviously I have not been on the board enough lately, last time I was Mickey was just STARTING to go after Spaceship earth, wow Feckless, you'll be there in no time at all now!:thumbsup2

Obviously I have not been on the board enough lately, last time I was Mickey was just STARTING to go after Spaceship earth, wow Feckless, you'll be there in no time at all now!:thumbsup2

I can't believe it. I booked this trip about 10 months ago. All the anticipation has been so fun, and this thread has been an incredible part of it. Thanks to all!!!!

I can't believe it. I booked this trip about 10 months ago. All the anticipation has been so fun, and this thread has been an incredible part of it. Thanks to all!!!!

I love booking trips early -- you get so many months of planning and anticipation that way! We booked this one late and I somehow feel cheated of all that time I could have been looking forward to it! :rotfl: Congrats on being so close to your trip!!!:yay:

Valet is also a tipped position. Otherwise, everything you said above is absolutely true.

Thank you for the clarification, Dee and Teena! Mousekeeping is another one I just normally take for granted as being "tippable." Well, at least, it has been since my husband introduced me to the concept over 15 years ago durng our first vacation together. Right after I walked out of the hotel room and handed him a $10 bill, saying, "Wow, you almost lost ten bucks! I found this on the pillow...aren't you glad I saw it?" :rolleyes:

I love booking trips early -- you get so many months of planning and anticipation that way!

Here, here! :thumbsup2

Very true -- we have had horrible experiences getting to DTD from both the Poly and the GF. You would think that Disney would make it easier to get there and spend $$$. As it is, we often just skip DTD because it's so hard to get to.

mmmears, we feel the same way. It's tough to get to DTD from anywhere, so this absolutely isn't a BC/YC issue. After staying in a number of resorts, I have no complaints regarding BC/YC bus service as compared with other resorts. I'll admit I got just a bit discouraged getting to Epcot from POFQ in the evening - one of the reasons I was SO happy to transfer to YC on the last night of our trip!

Thanks!

Dee

Hi Dee! I'm guessing this was going well because the BC Bell Services team was VERY friendly and enthusiastic about the noodles when I asked!

Dee, I know Teena provided the official response - just wanted to add our personal experience. We always tip Bell Services and valets. At the end of our last YC stay, there were a number of Bell Services CMs who helped get our bags while we ran into F&F to buy one last bag of Goofy Character Gummy Sours (best packaged candy EVER!), so at the end I wasn't sure what to do with the tip! So I just asked who assisted us with our luggage. I think they all knew why I was asking and nominated one person to accept the tip.

I love booking trips early -- you get so many months of planning and anticipation that way! We booked this one late and I somehow feel cheated of all that time I could have been looking forward to it! :rotfl: Congrats on being so close to your trip!!!:yay:

Feckless, I'm so excited for you!!! mmmears, I'm with you on that - the planning is such a huge part of the fun! But even a late-booked trip is exciting to plan! :)

Anyone hear anything about AP summer rates? Still hoping for something - may be a trigger to turn our imaginary summer visit into a real one!

I interrupt this thread to announce:

I've got Tickets to see Bruce Springsteen at Gillette Stadium in August!! :cheer2:

Ok, now back to your regular posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter