2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

WHEW! I was just going in circles over the BC vs. YC decision and then the question of club level... and with the spring room offer expiring tonight, I was running out of time. So I finally made a decision tonight and booked the new reservation just now.

Kept the first two nights at POR and then upgraded the second two nights to Club Level at Beach Club. I am ridiculously excited. Can't stop grinning! And I know y'all can relate! :woohoo:

Thank you for sharing your experiences! So incredibly helpful!!

Awesome! We surely are counting down the days together! I didn't realize that the tables at Teppan Edo sat more than one family... Well, my DD wants to head straight to Japan (after the pool of course!) so it will work out great for us anyway...

Anyone do the pick a pearl in Japan? Worth the cash??? My DD loves anime, Studio Ghibli and all things Japanese so we're looking forward to the gift shop there. Hoping for something Totoro or Domo.

I was just talking about Studio Ghibli in my trip report.

We didn't look too closely at the pick a pearl in Japan but we were all over the Studio Ghibli stuff. There is a Studio Ghibli tribute in Toronto right now so we went to see Howl's Moving Castle on the big screen this morning.

This is my 4th year in a row using the Bwi/bc/yc ipo conceirge staff and the last 3 years I loved them. They knew everything and were so helpful.

For this trip it has been a series of either things they know nothing of (SAB closing) or I feel like any question I had was answered with a phone number of someone to call.

I wanted to order a cake- no info provided but I was given a line for a cake hotline. Fine but I was passed around to 3 different groups before someone could help me. I feel the IPO should have asked where did I want the cake and here is THEIR direct line.

Wanted to book a fireworks dessert party. They were adament no seats were assigned for this and you just showed up. I actually emailed them pictures of tables with guests names on them that YES seats were assigned.

The latest I wanted to book a photography session and had a few questions. Boom here you go, call this number. No info, no nothing.

I think they have had turnover there - Xio, Brittney are gone...It doesn't feel like it use to there and that makes me sort of sad. I loved the way they ran in the past.

Maybe I am just catching them at in a training phase or something ....They are all VERY NICE, no issues there AT ALL. But maybe they are trying not to hand hold as much anymore?

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered but I just got to BC and didn't know of the SAB construction. Does anyone know what exactly they're doing in middle of pool?

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered but I just got to BC and didn't know of the SAB construction. Does anyone know what exactly they're doing in middle of pool?

From what I understand the whole pool is open now but the decking around the pool is chopped up with a pipe issue. Meaning the water is available to swim in but there are closures around the decking. Starting NEXT week - towards the 8th or so I believe a decent chunk of the main pool is shut down for repair work. LAzy river will be open and kiddie area open. But for NOW the whole pool should be open

P7150402.jpg

There are no words! :rotfl:

Tara: Hubby wasn't home last night to see it, so we're watching it again now. LOL (We should have a DIS meet at the YC flagship store.)

Ok, I have a dilemma. There is a chance that Be Our Guest, the new restaurant at MK will be open when we go in October, so we're considering it for our trip. I would really like to go if it's open. Rumor is the BoG will be a CS at lunch and a TS at dinner.

As it is now, we have all our dinners planned. Mostly 2TS and then Cape May. We don't have a dinner planned for the night we want to go to MNSHHP. We were thinking a late lunch that day before the party.

So I'm trying to figure out what to do if BoG is open.

1. Do we go for lunch, trading out our Yak & Yeti lunch (yes, I know, different parks, but that's not a concern) which was my original thought? (keep in mind, it may be a CS at lunch.)

2. Do we go to BoG for an earlier dinner on the night of our MNSHHP instead of the Kona lunch?

3. Other? Throw out your ideas.

Of course, this is all speculation because we're not sure when BoG is going to be open and it might just be a soft opening.

We're facing the same dilemma. For us, I have a couple of ADR's picked that we do every trip. If BoG is open, I'll probably trade one of those out for BoG. I'll also probably try and sneak in for lunch QS one day.

For you, I'd say CS lunch is a better idea than a dinner on your party night. If you're not willing to give up one of your other dinner ADR's that's probably your best option. :)

We've stayed in standard, garden and water view at BC (we did on-line check, so just grabbed our packet, said "thank you," and didn't realize we received an upgrade until we walked in the room!) We've loved every one of our rooms, but prefer to book garden view, if it's available. I love sitting out on the balcony, and a good view is VERY important to me at non-WDW resorts and when we're doing a non-parks stay at WDW. But for our traditional WDW visits, a garden view is the right balance between possible parking lot view and the extra cost of a water view. But if garden view was not available, I'd probably go with standard.

Much of this depends on how much time you will spend on your balcony or looking out at the view. I'm staying at YC with our youngest son in less than two weeks, and I'm likely to spend more time on the balcony than usual because it's just the two of us and he's likely to fall asleep early. But I still booked YC GV so that I could be assured of a full balcony, not overlook the parking lot, but not pay the extra cost of the water view.

Good luck with your decision!

Thank you! I think I will check the rates for garden view - since we are going in August I don't see us sitting on the balcony with the heat so I am hesitating on the water view. You gave us great food for thought!

Where is the closest grocery store, super Wal-Mart or Target work too. Just looking for a place to get breakfast items and beverages for our stay. Thinking it may be significantly cheaper off property as compared to the Marketplace

I go to the Publix on Vineland, across the street from The Premium Outlets- 2 birds with one stone :goodvibes It's close to DTD area.

Thank you! I think I will check the rates for garden view - since we are going in August I don't see us sitting on the balcony with the heat so I am hesitating on the water view. You gave us great food for thought!

We had a Garden View room last Aug and used it a fair bit. Having morning coffee, and evenings.

We always do laundry half-way through our vacation to help save room when we pack. This is our first time at BC and we saw they have a laundry service. I figure it's a steep price, but does anyone know the exact price of their laundry service? Not the dry cleaning that is also available, but the valet laundry service.

Thank you!
Amy in NC

Here are pictures of the price list. These were taken by MsCoz2000, I believe in December 2000, but they should give you an idea of price points.

laundryvaletpricelist1-1.jpg

laundryvaletpricelist2-1.jpg

laundryvaletpricelist3-1.jpg

laundryvaletpricelist4-1.jpg

:welcome: New posters and Guests!

We just booked our first stay at the Beach Club for July, and I am BEYOND excited. I've never stayed at a deluxe resort. We've stayed at POFQ that last few years.

Let us know your dates in July and I will add you to the Be Our Guest List on Page 1. :cool1:

I haven't been to WDW in 7 years and I looking forward to celebrating my 10 year anniversary with my DH. The kids are staying with grandma and grandpa! We were booked at the BC but changed to the YC for the full balcony, GV.

The tap water at the time share had an awful sulfur smell, so much so that I felt we smelled like sulfur too. I can't remember if the water at PO smelled as well. Does Disney filter their water or does it smell too? Am I going to smell like sulfur while at the YC? I guess I can always jump in the pool and smell like chlorine.

Thanks

What are your dates? Or do I already have you on the list? :cheer2:

I haven't noticed any strong smell of Disney water, although I know a lot of people avoid the bubblers (water fountains). Anyone else want to chime in?

Okay, okay, OKAY! I have officially been lured out of disboards lurkdom. The fact that Marlton Mom is from the town right next to the place I was born and raised almost got me on this board, but now I find out that Teena is from South Jersey, too! Well, that and all the Tastycake talk just pushed me right over the edge, so here I am! I live in NC now, but I dream of moving back to my hometown in New Jersey (let's be honest, who doesn't dream of moving to New Jersey?).

We stayed at the BC in early March and booked a bounce back offer for September. We've always been WL fans, but now are torn between WL and BC (actually my 6 year old is a full BC convert). Teena, I'm looking forward to meeting you in September, and you can expect a Tastycake replenishment as I will have just been in NJ visiting my parents!

Glad that we got you out of lurkdom. We have a specialized closet inspection crew, so those of you who think you can hide forever- we will get you!!!

If you want to be added to the BoG list for your Septemember trip, let us know your dates.

:banana:

So my future wife and I FINALLY chose Beach Club garden view for our last week of our Honeymoon in July. We will be there July 20-27th. Three week honeymoon can't wait :) It was a hard choice because my dream has been to stay at the grand however with the construction going on now it was a sell off ... also I love the pictures of the pool and were huge pool lovers. Also the short walk to the boardwalk and Epcot :) So needless to say Beach Club won! My dream of seeing the castle from my window will have to wait lol

Congratulations!!! I think you made an excellent choice.

I'll add you to the BoG list! :woohoo:

After much deliberation and a spreadsheet or two, my DH and I decided to skip on free dining and stick with our BC reservation from 8/20-8/28. As it turns out, we really don't save anything since my DH insists on Deluxe dining and we had an awesome pin discount.

So now we are wondering if we should upgrade from a standard view to a water view. The difference is about $550. Are the rooms any different besides the view? What about their location at the resort? We are taking our two sons (7 and 9) so we will frequent the pool and bus lines daily - the closer we are to those areas the better. I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks!
Maria

Yeah!!!

I always book Standard View. A balcony is important to me so I have a place to go with my book and coffee before everyone else gets up in the morning, but I don't care what I am looking at.

SV, GV and WV rooms are located all through the resort, so you may want to request "Near lobby" on your reservation. Rooms near the lobby will be close to the bus stop and Stormalong Bay.

Though I made our reservations in August, I finally decided to stop lurking and post. We are going to be staying at the Yacht Club September 24-30. I'm really excited! We were originally scheduled to stay at the Beach Club, but I needed to shift our dates because my Air Force husband will be overseas (not any combat areas) until the 22nd. We couldn't take advantage of the awesome military promotion at the Beach Club for our new dates so switched to Yacht Club. We've never stayed deluxe and prI'obably won't be able to again so this is a thrilling trip. I'm really happy that we get to take attend the first days of Food & Wine now and possibly run the Tower of Terror 10-miler. While I'm a little bummed not to be staying at BC, the resorts seem to be quite similar and I know we'll have a wonderful trip with lots to celebrate.

I'll add you to the list on page 1. :goodvibes

Thank you to your husband for his service and to your family for all of your sacrifices.

Another lost weekend! Last 3 shows of Bye Bye Birdie today, and it has been all theatre, all the time. Concessions purchases, baking cookies, tallying the money, making signs, washing popcorn boxes...

Trying to keep up, and I am going to update the BoG list in a few minutes, but please check to make sure I have you listed correctly!

Totally off topic post here but did anyone watch Undercover Boss tonight? I was on! Woo hoo my TV debut. Ok well 2nd TV debut, in 1988 when I was a junior in high school I was on a local game show called Scholastic Scrimmage....LOL!!!

That is really cool!!!

I showed DS and he said your Death Star is upside down! :lmao:

:upsidedow

OOPS!!!

Now that you mention it, I think one of my sons told me that too. I'm sure it was accompanied by rolling eys and :sad2:

Have you guys been over to the Theme Park boards yet this morning?

They are reporting an anticipated shortage of Mickey Bars for the next few months due to a dairy farm workers strike in Wisconsin.

:mickeybar :scared1:

On a related note, don't forget to turn the page on your calendar today!!!

This is my 4th year in a row using the Bwi/bc/yc ipo conceirge staff and the last 3 years I loved them. They knew everything and were so helpful.

For this trip it has been a series of either things they know nothing of (SAB closing) or I feel like any question I had was answered with a phone number of someone to call.

I wanted to order a cake- no info provided but I was given a line for a cake hotline. Fine but I was passed around to 3 different groups before someone could help me. I feel the IPO should have asked where did I want the cake and here is THEIR direct line.

Wanted to book a fireworks dessert party. They were adament no seats were assigned for this and you just showed up. I actually emailed them pictures of tables with guests names on them that YES seats were assigned.

The latest I wanted to book a photography session and had a few questions. Boom here you go, call this number. No info, no nothing.

I think they have had turnover there - Xio, Brittney are gone...It doesn't feel like it use to there and that makes me sort of sad. I loved the way they ran in the past.

Maybe I am just catching them at in a training phase or something ....They are all VERY NICE, no issues there AT ALL. But maybe they are trying not to hand hold as much anymore?

Brittany is still there. You have to remember, although you are calling the Y&B IPO, you could be getting the one over at the Poly, GF, Contemporary. When phones are busy, they bump over there. You are welcome to just call and leave a message for Brittany to return your call. When we used IPO, I always just dealt with one person and always left a message for that one person if she wasn't working on the day I called or if I got another IPO office. Once in a while that person wouldn't get the message so I got her personal IPO email and then just sent emails directly to her. That worked better for me.

Have you guys been over to the Theme Park boards yet this morning?

They are reporting an anticipated shortage of Mickey Bars for the next few months due to a dairy farm workers strike in Wisconsin.

:mickeybar :scared1:

On a related note, don't forget to turn the page on your calendar today!!!

OH NO!!!! :scared1:

:thumbsup2

:lmao:

Amanda

PS We're leaving today for our 1st trip to Disney's Vero Beach Resort. I couldn't stomach Spring Break crowds at Disney but I don't 100% promise that we won't make a day trip over.... :love:

We truly loved our water view room. I think that it totally spoiled us. We had a direct view of the resorts across the water. I would think the balcony would get used in the morning and the evening but certainly not in the heat of the day.

I have been MIA for awhile. Just crazy spring. Here I am posting but am leaving for my parents today because Mom is having major surgery tomorrow. They have kept cancelling it due to the risks but now it is a go. I need to be there just in case because I do not want my Dad to be alone.

I just want to say that Nate and I are missing the BC like crazy! Feb. was our first stay there and we were totally spoiled. Sad thing is we know that we will not be able to get back for a long time. So we have to live through your trip reports. Wish we were there right now!

Stragglers from previous thread...

Hi Everyone!

Thought I would pop over to say "hi!"

Even though we can't stay at Beach Club this time around... It is and y'all will always be my favorite!!!

Looking forward to our trip to the World and the Lodge anyway. But, will definitely miss the Beach Club & Teena! Will try to stop by and see you Teena!

Does the BC have HE washers in the laundry rooms for guest staying in a studio

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter