• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 A Not So Scarey Merry Trip to see Mickey!!! 11-1/11-11

So now we will cover Animal Kingdom. We all love this park more than we originally thought we would. I think it is a good park to relax and take in the atmosphere. We always go at it with a slower pace than the other parks.

My personal favorite thing about this park is the availability of Characters. Seems there is always someone out and no line to see them! The thing I like least about this park is it seems hotter and the layout is weird.

We have a few things at this park we still have not done. Nemo Musical, the Boneyard and the parade. Well we have played int he play area near the Boneyard but never actually dig the dig for bones part.

Our favorites here are:

Expedition Everest, well it is one of my DH and DD's favs. I ride one time and don't really feel the need to do it again. Rollercoasters are not really my thing.

Kilimanjaro Safari, we have been on this rode when it was REALLY cool and REALLY boring. It is a crap shoot I think, depends on the weather and the time of day.

Kali River Rapids, we normally wait for this one until close to park closing and ride as many times as we can right in a row. Most people don't want to be wet when leaving the park so it is pretty empty, sometimes we even ride without getting off the raft!

It's Tough To Be A Bug, we love this one. My kids think it is FUNNY!

Dinosaur, my DH and DD ride it a few times. My DS rode once last year and was not freaked out but did not want to ride again, we will see how he is this year. ;) I like it but I tend to sit out rides if it is between DH and I to ride.

Primeval Whirl, I have not ridden this one. DH and DD like it. I have a feeling with MIL being along with us that I will have to try it at least once this trip.

Tree of Life, we actaully find it very cool and always take the walk underneath to gawk at it!!!

Triceratops Spin we always do this. Kara was 2mo old when she first rode it!!

Wildlife Train, Affections Section and Conservation Station we like, the kids always want to do it.

Discovery Island Trails and Habitat Habit are something we always do too.

These are cool attractions but we do not out them on our priority list. Kinda if we hit then fine, if not then that is fine too.

Flights of Wonder, if you have not seen it then I say definately see it once. We like it is really a cool show the birds are very interesting.

Jungle Trek, we found it interesting(especially the tigers) but not a ABSOLUTE MUST DO.

Pangani Forest it is another interesting walk but in the heat we skip it.

Festival of the Lion King, we have seen it twice and this trip we may see it again because Jack probably does not remember and Kara will love all the music! ;)

To eat we Love Flame Tree BBQ, almost as much for the seating atmosphere as the food! We also like Restaurantosaurus(the A/C), Pizzafari and Yak and Yeti counter service! Also at the Harambi Fruit Market they have the frozen lemonade we love!

Magic Kingdom is my fav. When we get there I always go upstairs in the train station onto the balcony and just take in the view of Main Street and really take a minute to be greatful for beign there with my family and making precious memories. I try and always snap a picture of DH and the kids too! I like the feeling fo that picture. Usually it is from behind but I still love that I know what they are feeling in it. Then we take our time down Main Street and usually break off before the Hub and go to either Frontierland for POTC or to Future World for FPs then to POTC. It is always our first tide! We all love it!

It's awesome that you have a tradition to start your trips off! I hope at some point we will have a few traditions that we work into every trip!

It's awesome that you have a tradition to start your trips off! I hope at some point we will have a few traditions that we work into every trip!

We also take the kids pic on the bench with Minnie each year. It was to jugde how much they grow, but 2 years ago we took Gracie's picture with the Indian on Main Street and I think we will add that one too, GREAT judge of how much taller they are! ;)

I may actually take tennis shoes this trip. When it is hot I just can't wear tennis shoes. I love my crocs, I have Minnie Mouse Mary Janes that I love. I saw onthe Croc web site they have new Mickey crocs for kids....must resist!!!!

I hit your Halloween PTR, now to hit the CHristmas one!!!

Mickey crocs for kids...oh my, why oh why did I have to read this?? :rotfl: Must...resist...going...to...Crocs...website.

We missed out on SOOOOOO much when we were at AK a few years back. We arent going there in Oct, but have 2 days planned there in Dec.

Hope you enjoy the Christmas PTR. I have so much more I can talk about on that one b/c of how much longer that trip is.

Hi There! I jumped over from Debra's PTR! :wave2: Plans look good so far! I am in the same boat of waiting for party dates to be announced and waiting no so patiently for October hours to be released. I was so excited the other day when the TA site had the September hours up. :cool1:

Can't wait to hear more!! Oh and shameless plug - feel free to pop over to my PTR and also there is a link in my siggy for our Dec 2010 TR where we did a MVMCP. :thumbsup2

I cant remember if I read your Dec 2010 TR...I need to check it out too. We are going to be there on what is hopefully the last MVMCP day. FINGERS CROSSED!!

Anyone going in the same general time frame that is interested in a Photopass share PM me. I got room for 3!!!

:)

:laundy:
Hi There! I jumped over from Debra's PTR! :wave2: Plans look good so far! I am in the same boat of waiting for party dates to be announced and waiting no so patiently for October hours to be released. I was so excited the other day when the TA site had the September hours up. :cool1:

Can't wait to hear more!! Oh and shameless plug - feel free to pop over to my PTR and also there is a link in my siggy for our Dec 2010 TR where we did a MVMCP. :thumbsup2

Waiting seems so unfair when we have nothing else to do. Once they start releasing everything my schedule will be way less WIDE open. :) I am super excited for flights to open up, once we have our airfare set I will be REALLY happy!!!

THanks for following. I will hit your PTR later!!! ;)

Mickey crocs for kids...oh my, why oh why did I have to read this?? :rotfl: Must...resist...going...to...Crocs...website.

We missed out on SOOOOOO much when we were at AK a few years back. We arent going there in Oct, but have 2 days planned there in Dec.

Hope you enjoy the Christmas PTR. I have so much more I can talk about on that one b/c of how much longer that trip is.

I know RIGHT!!! THe Mickey crocs are CUTE too!!! I will check your xmas PTR later tonite when things quiet down.

I know RIGHT!!! THe Mickey crocs are CUTE too!!! I will check your xmas PTR later tonite when things quiet down.

OH MY GOSH...those Mickey crocs are ADORABLE!! I had to get off that website quick b/c I ALMOST bought 2 pair for my little boys. I have been thinking about them all day, but have resisted...so far.

OH MY GOSH...those Mickey crocs are ADORABLE!! I had to get off that website quick b/c I ALMOST bought 2 pair for my little boys. I have been thinking about them all day, but have resisted...so far.

I will probably cave....but they are new so I can cave in a few weeks!!! LOL I have a 20% off for registering my email. If you register a new email address they send you one. Heck it is worth it to go make a new Hotmail!!! LOL

Would you be interested in a photopass share for your halloween trip? I have 2 people so far and like to keep the groups small. Just thought I would ask. This is my 5th share. ;) If not NO problem! I organize it through facebook because they no longer allow them on here. ;)

Your kids are so adorable!! :goodvibes Your oldest daughter certainly looks like you as well. I LOVE the picture of them in the matching dresses/shirt looking at the castle with the baby trying to get up on the fence. I'm sure that is a picture that you will always treasure! :cloud9:

I can't wait to take my baby there in November! Although, I'm kinda scared to take her at only 19 months old. :eek: But you keep going with your small ones- so it can't be that bad… Right???? :worship:

Your kids are so adorable!! :goodvibes Your oldest daughter certainly looks like you as well. I LOVE the picture of them in the matching dresses/shirt looking at the castle with the baby trying to get up on the fence. I'm sure that is a picture that you will always treasure! :cloud9:

I can't wait to take my baby there in November! Although, I'm kinda scared to take her at only 19 months old. :eek: But you keep going with your small ones- so it can't be that bad… Right???? :worship:

Thank you! I DO love that picture!

Actually I think little ones are the best because they don't care what you do, they just need their snacks and naps and they are happy to just have all your attension for a week! My oldest always says the best part of vacation is that we all get to be together and Daddy goes not have go to work. On our first trip my DH asked her if she was ready to go home after a week and she said "No, but not because I don't want tog o home, it is because I don't want you to hav eto go back to work." My DH really GOT it then. It is part of the reason we always take a vacation each year. Time away to make memories is SUPER important to the kids as well as us. Disney at this point is just so much fun for us. You see it each year in a new way through your kids eyes. ANd I did not take my oldest until she was 4 because I listened to everyone who said "she won't remember". Now I wish I had ignored them because while my son and youngest daughter do not remember their first Disney trips, I DO. I would not trade those memories for anything. ;)

Most important thing with little ones it to keep expectations low. Know your going to be enjoying the simple things and maybe not riding ALL the big rides. Also make sure you keep them on some version of their schedule. Bring snacks they are used to and go at their pace. You can NEVER get back these trips and once they are big enough to ride the rides they will be forever.

Welcome to my PTR!!!

Thank you! I DO love that picture!

Actually I think little ones are the best because they don't care what you do, they just need their snacks and naps and they are happy to just have all your attension for a week! My oldest always says the best part of vacation is that we all get to be together and Daddy goes not have go to work. On our first trip my DH asked her if she was ready to go home after a week and she said "No, but not because I don't want tog o home, it is because I don't want you to hav eto go back to work." My DH really GOT it then. It is part of the reason we always take a vacation each year. Time away to make memories is SUPER important to the kids as well as us. Disney at this point is just so much fun for us. You see it each year in a new way through your kids eyes. ANd I did not take my oldest until she was 4 because I listened to everyone who said "she won't remember". Now I wish I had ignored them because while my son and youngest daughter do not remember their first Disney trips, I DO. I would not trade those memories for anything. ;)

Most important thing with little ones it to keep expectations low. Know your going to be enjoying the simple things and maybe not riding ALL the big rides. Also make sure you keep them on some version of their schedule. Bring snacks they are used to and go at their pace. You can NEVER get back these trips and once they are big enough to ride the rides they will be forever.

Welcome to my PTR!!!

We took my ODD when she was 2.5 and EVERYONE said the same thing. "She won't remember! You are wasting your money!" Umm… NOPE! She is FREE! She's not costing us a dime on this trip. :rotfl: AND like you said, the memories are MINE to keep! But I will say- she STILL talks about Disney over a year later and loves to look at our pictures. And she says that she can ONLY get her hair cut at Disney World- she refuses to believe me that there are places here in town that will cut her hair! :lmao:

I will probably cave....but they are new so I can cave in a few weeks!!! LOL I have a 20% off for registering my email. If you register a new email address they send you one. Heck it is worth it to go make a new Hotmail!!! LOL

Would you be interested in a photopass share for your halloween trip? I have 2 people so far and like to keep the groups small. Just thought I would ask. This is my 5th share. ;) If not NO problem! I organize it through facebook because they no longer allow them on here. ;)

How would something like that work?? Never done a share.

We took my ODD when she was 2.5 and EVERYONE said the same thing. "She won't remember! You are wasting your money!" Umm… NOPE! She is FREE! She's not costing us a dime on this trip. :rotfl: AND like you said, the memories are MINE to keep! But I will say- she STILL talks about Disney over a year later and loves to look at our pictures. And she says that she can ONLY get her hair cut at Disney World- she refuses to believe me that there are places here in town that will cut her hair! :lmao:

AWWW! My son was 3 the last time but he remembers too!

How would something like that work?? Never done a share.

I will message you with the details. ;)

SO today on the Southwest/Airtran site it says airfare through Jan 4th will open up on 5-21-12! So I have a date when I can start pricing out my flights! On the phone when I called Disney over the weekend they said CHristmas party tickets and dates would not be out until June. I thought they came out together...Halloween and CHristmas party tickets? Maybe not?

We added 3 to our cast of Characters over the weekend. My SIL, niece and nephew are now going with us. THey will not be arriving until 11-3 along with MIL but it will be fun to have a group there. PLUS we get a few days alone before anyone gets there!

I am toying with an idea also of going on 10-31 instead of 11-1. It would HAVE to involve a BIG % room discount though. I want to get a room at the Contemporary MK view for that night and we would go to the MNSSHP that night. My DH would LOVE it and it is his bday!!! It is purley hypothetical at this moment because I cannot afford $545 for one night. So we will see what discounts come out!!!

SO today on the Southwest/Airtran site it says airfare through Jan 4th will open up on 5-21-12! So I have a date when I can start pricing out my flights! On the phone when I called Disney over the weekend they said CHristmas party tickets and dates would not be out until June. I thought they came out together...Halloween and CHristmas party tickets? Maybe not?

We added 3 to our cast of Characters over the weekend. My SIL, niece and nephew are now going with us. THey will not be arriving until 11-3 along with MIL but it will be fun to have a group there. PLUS we get a few days alone before anyone gets there!

I am toying with an idea also of going on 10-31 instead of 11-1. It would HAVE to involve a BIG % room discount though. I want to get a room at the Contemporary MK view for that night and we would go to the MNSSHP that night. My DH would LOVE it and it is his bday!!! It is purley hypothetical at this moment because I cannot afford $545 for one night. So we will see what discounts come out!!!

Good news to hear a date for SW flights! I am waiting for those schedules to come out very anxiously :)

How fun that you added 3 more family members to your trip. That should be fun.

I think the CMs give all sorts of misinformation here and there. The CM I spoke with a couple weeks ago when I added the 2 extra days at the beginning of our Dec trip told me that MVMCP dates would be released in April sometime and go on sale a month later :confused3 Who knows which one is right.

I talked to DH about the Photopass CD...he doesnt think we will utilize it much since we are in the parks for such a short amount of time, so, I guess we wont be interested in the share. Thanks for the invite though. :thumbsup2

Good news to hear a date for SW flights! I am waiting for those schedules to come out very anxiously :)

How fun that you added 3 more family members to your trip. That should be fun.

I think the CMs give all sorts of misinformation here and there. The CM I spoke with a couple weeks ago when I added the 2 extra days at the beginning of our Dec trip told me that MVMCP dates would be released in April sometime and go on sale a month later :confused3 Who knows which one is right.

I talked to DH about the Photopass CD...he doesnt think we will utilize it much since we are in the parks for such a short amount of time, so, I guess we wont be interested in the share. Thanks for the invite though. :thumbsup2

Well I hope it is APRIL!

No problem about the photopass share! I just know that there are lots of ops for the MNSSHP! I cannot wait!!!! If you change your mind let me know and since your only going a few days I can add you even if I get my other 4 people! ;)

Well I hope it is APRIL!

No problem about the photopass share! I just know that there are lots of ops for the MNSSHP! I cannot wait!!!! If you change your mind let me know and since your only going a few days I can add you even if I get my other 4 people! ;)

I'm hoping I can change HIS mind!! I think we will want it, he doesnt. I will let you know if I get him on board :thumbsup2

Today on the DIS someone else was asking about MNSSHP ticket dates and someone else mentioned June. They said thats what their TA told them. I dont know :confused3, regardless, when they announce those dates and they go on sale...I will be ready with my CC...whether that be May or June. Luckily we know we will hear about it here when it all happens :)

sounds so fun we will be there the same time you will be but leaving earlier.
We are going 10-26- 11-2 i want to do the mnsshp too! i can't deiced if we should do 11-1 or 10-31 i just worried Halloween will be crazy day to go!

thanks for the sw flight info too!

love the pic the kids are soo cute and i love there matching outfits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter