2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had to suck it up and go non club after going club the previous year 2 yrs ago (if that makes sense-travel agent messed up booking which is why I will only do it myself now but that's another story). Anyway what I was going to say was -we still had an amazing time and while we did miss some of the luxeries provided by club (swedish fish among them:lmao:) we still had a great time and you will too:thumbsup2 When the kids graduate tell them they have to take you to disney as a thank-you for all the sacrifices you made for their education:rotfl2:

Thanks - I know we'll still have a fantastic time. It seems crazy to even be feeling bad about not staying CL. I know how lucky we are to be able to go to Disney every year. It's just that we've been staying CL for the last six years and it feels like "home" to us.

1971DBday said:
Enjoy! I'm really looking forward to another frequent Poly guest comparison! Good luck on your marathon! I've got hopefully my last doctors appt today. I injured my knee this past summer (thank god after WDW trip) and I'm hopefully getting the okay to start working out again so I can get in shape for our June trip.

Good luck again!

Yes I can't wait, I'm trying to be very open minded, that this is an entirely different resort with its special features, my DD15 is the opposite --pouting all over the place"WHY, I don't want too!" So annoying I don't want her to bring everyone down, especially her little brother!!!

Good luck ;-) Your knee... I'm glad it was after you're Walt Disney World trip! I hope it heals nicely for your June trip... Take care!!!!

My family is staying at BC for the first time in May-June. Anyone have suggestions for a room request location? Is the pool view noisy? Maybe not a factor since it closes at 10:00 and we tend to stay out late.

thanks!

Hey, I noticed the title of your post was "Request for Studio Location". Studios are at the BCV, not the BC, and nothing at the BCV has a view of SAB which is the pool that closes at 10:00.

I'm sorry to just jump in!! I have a quick question. Does beach club offer late check out(for a fee obviously)??

This is our first stay at BC however we have requested late check out at the Poly every time we have stayed there. We were granted the request 3 out of the 4 times we asked and there was no charge. However, late check out only gets you to 1 p.m. versus 11 a.m..

Yes I can't wait, I'm trying to be very open minded, that this is an entirely different resort with its special features, my DD15 is the opposite --pouting all over the place"WHY, I don't want too!" So annoying I don't want her to bring everyone down, especially her little brother!!!

Good luck ;-) Your knee... I'm glad it was after you're Walt Disney World trip! I hope it heals nicely for your June trip... Take care!!!!

My DD16 is OVERLY disappointed that there are no hammocks! However, I simply remind her not to judge and to find something unique at the BC that will be special to her. The hammocks have always been her escape place to have some time on her own.

natebenma said:
Adios, mi amigos

Dee :beach:

Have a great trip!

KAZPRINCESS said:
Hello all,

I've had a very exciting week, I reached my 180 days out milestone on Tuesday so I've spent this week ringing Disney to book my ADRs.

This is what i've booked:

[*]Coral Reef - Dinner
[*](CD) Cape May Café - Breakfast
[*](CD) Tusker House - Lunch
[*](CD) 1900 Park Fare - Dinner
[*]Sci-Fi Dine in - Lunch
[*](CD) Crystal Palace - Breakfast
[*]Hoop De Do Musical - Dinner Show
[*]Yachtsmans at Yacht Club - Dinner
[*]Mama Melrose’s Fantastic Package - Lunch
[*]Ohana’s - Dinner
[*](CD) Garden Grill - Dinner
[*]Captains Grille - Breakfast
[*](CD) Chef Mickey's - Dinner

Really excited, got everything I wanted.

I'm thinking about booking the Pirates and Pals Firework Cruise as well.

Did you book the Fantasmic package already? I tried to book it last week too and it looked like it only had bookings up to the end of May.

Having grown up in Florida and also lived in Massachusetts for 3 years, I can tell you that Florida-cold is way different than Northern-cold. The humidity stays year-round in Florida, and when the temperatures drop, the moist, cold air cuts right to your bones. Bone-chilling-cold...At least that is what we tell ourselves when people laugh at us for wearing winter coats in 50 degree weather. hehe. ;):);)

So bundle up, and stay comfy!

I agree that it is a different kind of cold but my Dad who lives in West Palm Beach has called me and wanted sympathy for their 45 degree temps when I have a blizzard raging outside.

I opened my garage door, took a picture and emailed it to him and said that I would trade his cold weather with him if he wanted to deal with this instead. He stopped complaining for a while.

Well Dee, I'm probably too late with this post, but in case you are checking - Have a fantastic trip!!!

THIS!!!!

This is the (not so) secret BCV hang spot! See how nice it is!! When it was time to hit the road again at WDW we would go over to fetch DH and he would roll his eyes at us and want to stay there. :lmao:

With 5 people in a hotel room my husband is very good at finding hiding spots like this in the hotels that we stay at. His all time favorite was the Wilderness lodge with it's plethora of 'hidey holes". When booking this last BC stay he was bummed that we weren't going back to the WL because he missed his hidey holes there. After he found this one at the Villas he was good to go!

Thanks MickeyT! :worship:

~NM

That room looks so wonderful.

I gotta admit I have a soft spot for WL and all the little hiding spots. I had a terrible stomach bug on the last day of one of our trips to WL. We didn't need to leave on DME until 4ish, but there was no way I could go to a park. Soooo, we arranged for a Noon check out, and the boys headed off to MK while I stayed at the Lodge. I was super sick, but just moved from couch to couch relaxing my afternoon away. I wouldn't want to be that sick again, but I could easily relax all day throughout WL.

My DD16 is OVERLY disappointed that there are no hammocks! However, I simply remind her not to judge and to find something unique at the BC that will be special to her. The hammocks have always been her escape place to have some time on her own.

There may not be hammocks, but there are plenty of wonderful beach chairs that would make for a fabulous escape!

Teena - I hope you find some good ways to stay warm this weekend!

Trying to figure out what to share for room request. i just noticed that on the Disney website, for CL-GV it only lists one bed-type, 2Q+daybed. So...I don't need to request a daybed? Also, does anyone know if they (CL-GV) all have full balconies (I read that on another post).

Thanks!
This info is from our last trip in 2011. Only 1 GV CL had a daybed. We had a party of 5 and were lucky to get it. At that time, there was a lot of chatter on here that families of 5 in GV CL were stuck getting rollaways. I kept my fingers crossed that we did not get stuck with the rollaway. Our room was 5636.

At that time all, of the GV CL had full dormer balconies.

This go around our family of 5 could not reserve CL GV because the max oocupancy is now listed at 4, not matter the bed configuration.

Thanks, still deciding if CL will be worth it for us. It sounds fabulous, but I am not completely sure it will fit our needs for this trip!:goodvibes

Hey DisneyLifeMel :goodvibes I was in the same boat as you and I was stressing BIG time :eek: I want to do CL so bad after reading all the rave reviews for it. However, after talking with my DH and a good friend, and "planning" our ADRs, we are still going to do DP again :cool2: I am definitely thinking as a reward when we are completely out of debt in 3 years, CL it will be :dance3:

I did find a great excel spreadsheet on a website from one of the dining threads that also helped me really figure out what was best for our family :thumbsup2 Let me know if you are interested in the spreadsheet :cutie:

Where can you get a quick breakfast at they YC. I know about the market place. Is there any place on the YC side to grab something quick? This will be our 4th stay at the resort, but we have always stayed Club level. At the moment all that is available for our stay with AP discount is a LV club level, and that is over my budget. Thanks.

magicalmoments4 said:
I did find a great excel spreadsheet on a website from one of the dining threads that also helped me really figure out what was best for our family :thumbsup2 Let me know if you are interested in the spreadsheet :cutie:

This is probably the spreadsheet I posted a page or 2 back. SO helpful!

Where can you get a quick breakfast at they YC. I know about the market place. Is there any place on the YC side to grab something quick? This will be our 4th stay at the resort, but we have always stayed Club level. At the moment all that is available for our stay with AP discount is a LV club level, and that is over my budget. Thanks.

There isn't a quick service location at the YC, but I think you can get coffee and some danish at Ale and Compass lounge. I think Pixar mom had some pictures earlier in the thread that said there is a decent quick service spot at the Swolphin that was a fairly close walk from the YC.

I keep meaning to ask this this question, but forget by the time I am at my computer or phone. Do the fridges at the BC have a small freezer section? My husband has issues with his foot sometimes and needs to ice it. The ones at AoA last year did have the freezer part and it really came in handy.

Anyway, I want to wish you all a wonderful week! Ill be checking back a couple of times before I go, but Ill probably be mostly lurking. Lots of last minute things to do.

MickeyT- The list is yours!

Adios, mi amigos

Dee :beach:

Have a fantastic time!

Have a super time Dee. We'll miss you!!!

Suppose to be record lows here on Sunday. Can you imagine what I'll look like walking from the CM parking lot to the BC Sunday morning? Ski mask, winter coat, mittens, scarfS ... gonna be a rough day for me!!!!

I want photos lol!

I keep meaning to ask this this question, but forget by the time I am at my computer or phone. Do the fridges at the BC have a small freezer section? My husband has issues with his foot sometimes and needs to ice it. The ones at AoA last year did have the freezer part and it really came in handy.

Mine didn't.

MickeyT said:
If you do stay close to SAB (main pool) it can get noisy. Even more so during the day as they have activities. We are a Garden View family.

Thanks MickeyT. I called MS and added a garden view request to our room. Hopefully, the request is granted!

This info is from our last trip in 2011. Only 1 GV CL had a daybed. We had a party of 5 and were lucky to get it. At that time, there was a lot of chatter on here that families of 5 in GV CL were stuck getting rollaways. I kept my fingers crossed that we did not get stuck with the rollaway. Our room was 5636.

At that time all, of the GV CL had full dormer balconies.

This go around our family of 5 could not reserve CL GV because the max oocupancy is now listed at 4, not matter the bed configuration.

Thanks! We are only 4, but the boys are restless sleepers. The reports seem to be consistent...it is just weird that the Disney booking webpage lists 2Q+daybed, occupancy 4. Doesn't jive.

Close. Was best man for my son then went to the BC. Last June.

Ah close but no cigar :lmao:

I'm sorry to just jump in!! I have a quick question. Does beach club offer late check out(for a fee obviously)??

We have had a late check out granted for no fee. It was for 1pm :)

Dont know if it helps but there are hammocks at the beach between the swan and dolphin resorts. My older kids have used them when I took the youngest to play on the climbing frame bit :goodvibes It's maybe a 5 minute walk from the YC/BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter