• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone. I have 2 SV CL rooms reserved. The only request I have made is for connecting rooms. I know I may not get connecting. My question is does anyone know if any of the connecting rooms SV CL also have a daybed? In one of the rooms we have 2 adults who are brother and sister and would prefer not to have share a bed, I wouldn't want to share either. We can always request a rollaway but if someone knows of a connecting room with a daybed then I will change my request to add the daybed. Having connecting rooms is really important to me and I don't want to lessen my chances by adding more requests. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Where can you get a quick breakfast at they YC. I know about the market place. Is there any place on the YC side to grab something quick? This will be our 4th stay at the resort, but we have always stayed Club level. At the moment all that is available for our stay with AP discount is a LV club level, and that is over my budget. Thanks.

There is a really great link with lots of pictures of the ale and compass breakfast offerings on page 1 in the dining section. Hth.

at airport.
Have a great week everybody

Good morning everyone. I have 2 SV CL rooms reserved. The only request I have made is for connecting rooms. I know I may not get connecting. My question is does anyone know if any of the connecting rooms SV CL also have a daybed? In one of the rooms we have 2 adults who are brother and sister and would prefer not to have share a bed, I wouldn't want to share either. We can always request a rollaway but if someone knows of a connecting room with a daybed then I will change my request to add the daybed. Having connecting rooms is really important to me and I don't want to lessen my chances by adding more requests. What should I do? Any suggestions?

On both rooms make sure the first request is "connecting with ....". On the room that you also want a daybed, just add "daybed requested" as a second request.

I would also call IPO five days before your arrival date and ask them to transfer you to the Concierge Room Assignor. Call early afternoon. Just tell them that although connecting rooms is the most important thing for you, the one room has an adult brother and sister in it that would love a daybed.

Still no guarantee of course but it might help.

Just a thought - we bring an inflatable air mattress in case we get a room without a daybed. Not likely since we're a family of 5 but still possible. This way we just deflate it each morning so no rollaway in the room. We used it last trip and the kids were actually fighting over who got to sleep on it! It doesn't take up that my suitcase room when deflated.

Now my mom and my three sons shared a gv cl room without a daybed. They had a rollaway and didn't have any problem just folding the bed up each morning.

Don't worry and have a great trip!

TeenaS said:
On both rooms make sure the first request is "connecting with ....". On the room that you also want a daybed, just add "daybed requested" as a second request.

I would also call IPO five days before your arrival date and ask them to transfer you to the Concierge Room Assignor. Call early afternoon. Just tell them that although connecting rooms is the most important thing for you, the one room has an adult brother and sister in it that would love a daybed.

Still no guarantee of course but it might help.

Great idea about the wording "connecting with" plus the daybed on the one room. We will actually be at the BCV prior to switching to CL, do you think it is better to call the room assignor or is it possible to stop by and add the request?

DisneyMomx7 said:
Just a thought - we bring an inflatable air mattress in case we get a room without a daybed. Not likely since we're a family of 5 but still possible. This way we just deflate it each morning so no rollaway in the room. We used it last trip and the kids were actually fighting over who got to sleep on it! It doesn't take up that my suitcase room when deflated.

Now my mom and my three sons shared a gv cl room without a daybed. They had a rollaway and didn't have any problem just folding the bed up each morning.

Don't worry and have a great trip!

Good idea about the air mattress. Do you think the mattress would be more comfortable than the rollaway?

Hello all,

I've had a very exciting week, I reached my 180 days out milestone on Tuesday so I've spent this week ringing Disney to book my ADRs.

This is what i've booked:

• Coral Reef - Dinner
  • (CD) Cape May Café - Breakfast
  • (CD) Tusker House - Lunch
  • (CD) 1900 Park Fare - Dinner
  • Sci-Fi Dine in - Lunch
  • (CD) Crystal Palace - Breakfast
  • Hoop De Do Musical - Dinner Show
  • Yachtsmans at Yacht Club - Dinner
  • Mama Melrose’s Fantastic Package - Lunch
  • Ohana’s - Dinner
  • (CD) Garden Grill - Dinner
  • Captains Grille - Breakfast
  • (CD) Chef Mickey's - Dinner

Really excited, got everything I wanted.

I'm thinking about booking the Pirates and Pals Firework Cruise as well.

This looks like an awesome ADR list!! That's so great that you got everything you wanted! :yay:

I was finally able to do online check-in today after the link not quite working the past two days. At least I can check that off my list! Although, it would not allow me to put in my Disney Visa for a credit card, which I heard had been happening. So, it still wasn't a perfect experience. I wasn't able to get a Yacht Club ressie for our dates, so I requested a large balcony for my option.

So, now I'm 58 days left and counting! Supposed to snow...again...today and tonight. The snow was starting to melt Wed. when it snowed again that night. So sick of snow! I can't wait to be at that Flower and Garden show at Epcot! It really brings me out of my winter depression when we go down there in April.

I keep meaning to ask this this question, but forget by the time I am at my computer or phone. Do the fridges at the BC have a small freezer section? My husband has issues with his foot sometimes and needs to ice it. The ones at AoA last year did have the freezer part and it really came in handy.

I cant remember if BC had a little freezer for our 2011 stay, but I know YC didn't last year. My DH has a bad knee that has resulted in several surgeries, so I took a lot of zip locks & filled them with ice sometimes more that once a day. He missed he regular ice packs, but this worked.

Stay warm. We were there in 2009 when the lows were in the 30's and froze, even though we had our winter coats, hats and gloves. They don't heat the buildings the way we do up north. I hope your cold spell is very short.

One year when we went in December it was very cold for FL. When we first arrived and we were on the DME, we were laughing at all the hotel staff bundled up and under heat lamps - flash forward a week and we were doing the same thing! It felt warm compared to home (RI) when we arrived but we quickly adjusted and soon it felt cold to us, too. Not that it stopped us from swimming at night.

Where can you get a quick breakfast at they YC. I know about the market place. Is there any place on the YC side to grab something quick? This will be our 4th stay at the resort, but we have always stayed Club level. At the moment all that is available for our stay with AP discount is a LV club level, and that is over my budget. Thanks.

According to some other posts, France's bakery is now open in am before WS opens, so if you're having a Epcot day you can head over there! I think I heard the bakery at BW is closed for refurb. Also the Captain Grille is a TS, but meal is very quick as is not as busy a Cape May & they have buffet or you can order from menu.

Good idea about the air mattress. Do you think the mattress would be more comfortable than the rollaway?

Both were comfortable, but we found it easier just to inflate and night, deflate and put back in the bag and put it in the closet. It gaves us a little more room during the day. Either way should work for you though.

To the poster who asked about the freezer in the BC frig - none of our frigs ever had a freezer compartment at BC. HTH.

DisneyMomx7 said:
Both were comfortable, but we found it easier just to inflate and night, deflate and put back in the bag and put it in the closet. It gaves us a little more room during the day. Either way should work for you though.

To the poster who asked about the freezer in the BC frig - none of our frigs ever had a freezer compartment at BC. HTH.

thanks

DisneyMomx7 said:

Can you fit a queen sized air mattress or is a twin sized better? And lol'ing at the FL cold comments. Embrace the cold! 3.5" new snow here this morning in Central Mass. Skiing later, thinking about ADRs and fast pass plus...

Great idea about the wording "connecting with" plus the daybed on the one room. We will actually be at the BCV prior to switching to CL, do you think it is better to call the room assignor or is it possible to stop by and add the request?

Personally I'd call but go through IPO. The front desk people don't assign the rooms.

TeenaS said:
Personally I'd call but go through IPO. The front desk people don't assign the rooms.

Okay, I will call the IPO, Thanks for your help and I hope to see you while we are there. We will be there 9/7 through 9/16

Okay, I will call the IPO, Thanks for your help and I hope to see you while we are there. We will be there 9/7 through 9/16

Make the call about five days before check-in. That's when they "start" assigning some rooms.

I should be there Sunday while you are there. Right now I'm still Sundays and Mondays but they keep saying it may change to Saturdays and Sundays.

TeenaS said:
Make the call about five days before check-in. That's when they "start" assigning some rooms.

I should be there Sunday while you are there. Right now I'm still Sundays and Mondays but they keep saying it may change to Saturdays and Sundays.

Well, we are there for 2 Saturdays, 2 Sundays, and 1 Monday, so I hope to get to meet you in person at least once!

Can you fit a queen sized air mattress or is a twin sized better? And lol'ing at the FL cold comments. Embrace the cold! 3.5" new snow here this morning in Central Mass. Skiing later, thinking about ADRs and fast pass plus...

I think the twin is your best bet. That's what we bring.

We had a great sv cl room last summer that didn't have a daybed. We loved the room so we didn't want to switch. The air mattress came in very handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter