2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
PixarMom

Regarding the soy milk, something called Pearl was in stock at BC Marketplace last October. I think it's soy milk. You can see it near the milk in the photo of the case in my BC Marketplace photo thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

Thanks for the info on the Pearl Soy Milk. Looks like single serve, which is fine, since it is only one DS & myself who drink it. I usually keep it handy for coffee anyway. I know many coffee spots in WDW have it in stock, but I try not to depend on it. And no one in my family wants to deal with Mama until she has had her coffee. lol :surfweb:

And thanks too for all of your wonderful photos. I, too, have found our spot at SAB. I think I am even more excited now than I was before... if that is even possible.

:love::love::worship::worship::love::love:

What are the hours (for food service) at Hurricane Hanna's? Are they mirroring the pool hours? Are there set hours? Just how late can I get lobster roll or burger? Just thinking about if I want to utilize HH for a QS meal when we are around the resort.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

We love SciFi for lunch. I've always had a good meal. Love the Rueben sp? Sandwich.

We ate at the Brown Derby last Aug. loved the salad. I had that as my lunch. And the grapefruit cake :goodvibes

GF has a few different tea services to pick from. And a gazillion types of tea. We had the sandwiches, scones, and pastries. It was called The Buckingham.
Allears.net has the menu.

I'm glad to hear you liked the Sci Fi, before I found Dis I would get disney travel books from library & buy the Unofficial Guide before each trip, and read the several hundred pages (enjoying every minute) in each book, & they always gave such negative reviews we never tried it.

At the Brown Derby DH & I each got the Cobb salad for appetizer (Deluxe Dining Plan), after we got it we realized it was so big we could of split it, though DH had his made to order by chef as he has a allergy to fish which is a base for the dressing. I think I had Charred-glazed Filet of Beef, which was delicious. The guide books hyped up the grapefruit cake (& im a big lover of grapefruit) but I'd have to say it was one of the few thing on the trip I didn't like. :confused3 I love the atmosphere, and it was totally what I thought an old Hollywood haunt would look like inside.

The GF tea sounds awesome! :thumbsup2

I have not seen the answer to this. Once I think someone speculated that the resort looks more architecturally pleasing with the mix of balconies, so that could be why.

But I don't like it either!!!

I feel like for the price you pay for this great deluxe hotel you should just get a full balcony & most people seem to want them. In my opinion it just seems wrong that 2 people next to each other in same type room pay the same thing, but get a totally different experience. I truly love sitting out on balcony reading, people watching & starring out onto crescent lake... I know YC pretty much has all balconies, so it is an option to just go there if im really concerned. Thanks for listening to my rant:furious:!!! Lol!

:offtopic:
Hey Dee!
Good to see the green dot by your name. Guess you guys made it through the storm OK?
Sounds like a lot of folks in your state without power. That would be the pits.
Maybe they can recover reasonably quick.......
And to all those folks out there working in less than ideal conditions :worship:

Sorry I'm trying to learn all the lingo & you guys have been so helpful! What does "green dot" mean? :confused3

Is the best way back from AK resort, poly and WL either taxi or bus to epcot then walk back to yacht club. We have ADR's there and I'm trying to get the plan together.

Angeejoe said:
Sorry I'm trying to learn all the lingo & you guys have been so helpful! What does "green dot" mean? :confused3

"Green Dot" is when you are currently online/active on the site. Red is offline.

2mom said:
Is the best way back from AK resort, poly and WL either taxi or bus to epcot then walk back to yacht club. We have ADR's there and I'm trying to get the plan together.

Depends on what time you are traveling. Taxi from resort to resort is always easiest and quickest, but does cost. The free option, using Disney Transport, will vary. If the closest park is open, so MK when at Poly or WL, AK when at AKL, go there & transfer to the YC bus. If the closest park is not open, you can transfer at any open park or DTD. But it may not be quick, the DTD buses especially seem to be on the very slow side, more often than not.

Taking a bus (or monorail) TO Epcot and walking through, while a nice option, is not quick & does require Park Hopper tickets. But if you are in no particular hurry & Epcot is open, is a great way back. Bonus, you can grab a quick beer or cider at the UK Pavilion before heading out the back door towards Y&BC.

Look down at the lower left hand corner of your user profile. You should see a green dot that indicates you are on the DIS. If you scroll up, you will see some of the dots are clear or grey, indicating the user is off doing something else.

Quickest way is to return by taxi.

Depends on what time it is and whether you feel like doing something before returning to your room. You can take the bus (or mono if you are at Poly or CR) to EPCOT and walk through enjoying attractions on your way back to your room. We do that frequently.

We sometimes even go to HS- our tradition on our AK day (which also includes BB) is to eat an early dinner at Boma, then take a bus to HS, then either walk or take the boat back to BC.

Hi, Dee. I used Online Check-In for our upcoming BC Stay from 3/24 to 3/28, because I was concerned that we might get thrown into one of the Magic Band/Fast Pass + tests unexpectedly.

Some info on how it worked:

- The advanced online check-in is now available 60 days before your check-in date (though for me, the option wasn't available until the 59th day before.)

- You complete online check-in via the new My Disney Experience section of the Disney World web site. You also may be able to do this via the new My Disney Experience mobile app, but the app still has a lot of bugs/kinks, so we didn't want to risk it. (The web site also has bugs/kinks, but the check-in functionality worked relatively smoothly.)

- There isn't an open field for typing room requests. The only options are 3 pre-defined "check mark" boxes, and you can select 2 of three choices:

- Large balcony
- Lower floor
- Near transportation

Based on the smart thinking of everyone on this thread, we followed up with a call to WDW to add more specificity to make sure our request (close to lobby, 2nd floor) was clear.

- The system also asks for a credit card for purchases you may make while at WDW as well as a PIN number that you set and will need to enter when makin g purchases using your KTTW card or Magic Band (depending on the timing of the rollout of Magic Bands, which, regrettably, no one knows at this point.) I don't recall whether adding a credit card was optional or not -- I did this too many weeks ago to remember.

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this detailed info.

I actually have loved online checkin since it was instituted. At most resorts, the room assignor really seems to pay attention to requests which I make by phone well in advance of doing online checkin. In addition, one time when I used it but was placed on the first floor of BCV (only floor I hate), I asked the CM is it was ok to ask for a change even though the keys were ready. He assured me that was fine. I wouldn't do that if it was a busy time at the front desk but I typically check in early in the morning with no one else around.

What are the hours (for food service) at Hurricane Hanna's? Are they mirroring the pool hours? Are there set hours? Just how late can I get lobster roll or burger? Just thinking about if I want to utilize HH for a QS meal when we are around the resort.

When I've asked in the past, CMs have said the hours normally match SAB hours.

It means that Dee is on the DIS. When one is signed in, a small green dot appears next to your posts.

We drive our rental when we dine at other resorts. Without one, you could do the Epcot route or take a bus to DHS and then take the boat to Y&BC (or walk). However, from WL or the Polynesian I would probably take a boat (or monorail from Polynesian) to the MK and then bus to Y&BC unless it was near closing.

Love Brown Derby. Cobb salad is a family favorite but the pork chop is to die for. Lately, my DH and I split those two. Our younger son has enjoyed many fish entrees there over the years, too.

I've just made some Rice Whiskey Treats which are setting in the fridge as we speak!

Dee,

That looks beautiful and cold! How long before they start plowing the side streets? Any word yet?

Just a note about transferring at a park in order to reach another resort... I tried this a couple times in the morning and found that they were not running buses from the park to the resort. (I was a bit of confused by this since the buses dropping people off would have to go back to resorts to pick up more guests???). Anyway in my case it worked out because I was trying to get to the Poly and the bus to TTC was running. Then it was an easy walk from there.

Look down at the lower left hand corner of your user profile. You should see a green dot that indicates you are on the DIS. If you scroll up, you will see some of the dots are clear or grey, indicating the user is off doing something else.

It means that Dee is on the DIS. When one is signed in, a small green dot appears next to your posts.

More quick responses from Natebenma & BVC23! Thank you so much! You guys are so welcoming to a newby! I also learned how to do a double quote from your great step by step advice Natebenma!! :woohoo::yay:

Hello All. Hope you NewEnglanders and New Yorkers are surviving the bad weather. Philadelphia got a dusting..

We just booked our trip to the Beach Club for Early June (10th thru 17th). I can't wait to see what it's like there during warmer weather (December was freezing this past year).

I wanted to book a different restaurant for dinner. We usually do Epcot, Cape May Cafe or one of the MK resort restaurants. How hard is it to get to Wilderness Lodge (Whispering Canyon) from BC? Any suggested routes? Any other favorite restaurants you can suggest near BC (easy to get to from BC)?

thanks.
stay warm!
di

We take the bus to MK, then hop on the WL boat. We really enjoy that boat ride. Or if you feel like shopping or looking around CR like we do sometimes, there is another boat that goes to WL behind CR, the dock is just past the pool.
WCC is fun, be sure you ask for ketchup :rotfl:
I've heard good things about Artist Point too.
We like Captains Grille in YC. There are lots of restaurants along the Boardwalk. This August we plan on a Boardwalk Crawl and try them all!

I'm glad to hear you liked the Sci Fi, before I found Dis I would get disney travel books from library & buy the Unofficial Guide before each trip, and read the several hundred pages (enjoying every minute) in each book, & they always gave such negative reviews we never tried it.

At the Brown Derby DH & I each got the Cobb salad for appetizer (Deluxe Dining Plan), after we got it we realized it was so big we could of split it, though DH had his made to order by chef as he has a allergy to fish which is a base for the dressing. I think I had Charred-glazed Filet of Beef, which was delicious. The guide books hyped up the grapefruit cake (& im a big lover of grapefruit) but I'd have to say it was one of the few thing on the trip I didn't like. :confused3 I love the atmosphere, and it was totally what I thought an old Hollywood haunt would look like inside.

The GF tea sounds awesome! :thumbsup2

Love The Uofficial Guide. They give some really good advice. And learned how to tour the parks with them!! Don't know why they didn't like Sci Fi. Your right about the lack of good food at DHS. So that's a good lunch option for us, along with 50's. their fried chicken is really good! Starring Rolls has good sandwiches, and cupcakes to die for :goodvibes
Boy, you put down the salad and entree!!! :thumbsup2. We went for lunch, and that salad is a meal in itself. We wanted to save room for the grapefruit cake too. I liked it, but nothing I'd go out of my way for. I think we may book a lunch there again for this next trip.

Dee good luck to you and your family. Having power is a good thing. I have friends in Hull, MA, Commack, NY (30") and Hamden, CT (40"). They are posting their stories and photos on Facebook.

Powers back on :cool1:
B7D29D34-CE77-410D-A8CB-D3CF69AA2CA7-258-0000007F79F7EC6F_zps3f9c315f.jpg

Just a note about transferring at a park in order to reach another resort... I tried this a couple times in the morning and found that they were not running buses from the park to the resort. (I was a bit of confused by this since the buses dropping people off would have to go back to resorts to pick up more guests???). Anyway in my case it worked out because I was trying to get to the Poly and the bus to TTC was running. Then it was an easy walk from there.

I'm not sure if this is true in all cases.

When we were staying at the CR in 2010, we wanted to go over to the BC resort in the morning, so we walked to MK to get a bus to the BC. At first we thought that since the park had just opened they wouldn't be running buses back to the resort, and there was no one in the lines for the resort buses. After standing in the BC bus line for only a couple of minutes, I saw a transit supervisor so I went over to ask him if the buses were running to the resorts and he said that as soon as he saw us he had called for a bus to come, and that we just needed to wait a few more minutes.

I think they may not have regular buses running from the parks to the resorts in the morning, but they do call one over if they see people waiting in the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter