• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Pixarmom!! Can't wait to hear all about it (we are staying BWI CL in May and eating at Artist Point for the first time...so that's one dining review I'm super interested in!)

....on an unrelated note to all those up in New England....hope that Nemo doesn't give you too much grief!

Welcome back pixarmom!

Sounds like a fabulous trip. Can't wait to hear all about your dining adventures.
We're waiting for 8-12 inches of snow (and that's nothing compared to what my New England Dis buddies have coming) so I could really use a dose of your fabulous pictures to get us through the storm.

BTW while you were gone we decided to fly this year (finally got some good rates), but then DH said since we werent' driving and wouldn't have our car he didn't want to do a split stay. So we are now doing - count em - 16 nights at BC! No CL this year - even though we love it. We now are getting ready to send our next dd to high school too so tuition payments/CL? Unfortunately tuition won. We could have done a shorter trip but we all just LOVE our long summer vacation.

I was watching the weather forecasts for Orlando and was so happy to see that you were having just the best weather!

Hi, all. I'm new to this thread, and I just scanned through the last 40 or so pages (wow, you all are a prolific bunch). My family and I will be at BCV for the first time Mar 20-24. I've got several questions, sorry if I missed previous discussions about these...

1. We're taking DME from the airport. What are the typical stops before BC?

2. We're checking in relatively early in the morning and would like to use the SAB pool while we wait for the room. I'm sure I can ask at the desk about this, but does anyone here have experience with this? I think I read there are changing rooms close to Beaches and Cream - is that right?

3. I did online check-in, so I assume I'll be able to pick up our KTTW cards right away so we can access the pool. Do they give you a wrist band for the pool? I was wondering if we needed to carry our KTTW card every time we exited the fence, and how the kids could get from the main pool to the jib slide. Are wrist bands the answer?

I've seen some discussion here about the upcoming MyMagic+ system. Someone asked if there was anything about it in the online check-in process. At this point, no there isn't. The only mention was in the Terms and Conditions at the end with a reference about using your KTTW card or MagicBand to enter your room.

If anyone's interested, or maybe having trouble with it... I'm maintaining a thread to discuss updates to the features of the My Disney Experience website and mobile apps. Come and visit if you like... Navigating the My Disney Experience Web Site and App

I worked at Ridge High School! Still work for the district just moved over to one of the Elementary Schools. My kid goes to school in Pluckemin.

I can't believe there are so many of us from this area on this particular thread.

:wave2: Another one from Somerset County, south end, Montgomery Township. Too funny so many of us!

I have to temper my Disney talk at home. In his words " I don't mind talking Disney, I just want to talk about other things as well" :confused3

I now make sure I only bring it once and a while. It is hard ...

Couchy,

We're like twins! I learn new stuff on the Dis & want to tell DH. I get a lot of eye rolls & questions like "is this about Disney?" It's nice to have my Disney chat filled here! Disney is like my crack....:lmao:

Angeejoe

hi, all. I'm new to this thread, and i just scanned through the last 40 or so pages (wow, you all are a prolific bunch). My family and i will be at bcv for the first time mar 20-24. I've got several questions, sorry if i missed previous discussions about these...

1. We're taking dme from the airport. What are the typical stops before bc?

not sure, it's usually 2, boardwalk and yacht club with maybe one other thrown in. It depends on the schedule and demand for the magical express so it can vary.

2. We're checking in relatively early in the morning and would like to use the sab pool while we wait for the room. I'm sure i can ask at the desk about this, but does anyone here have experience with this? I think i read there are changing rooms close to beaches and cream - is that right?

step one. Go out to the pool and flash your keys to the world card at the gate attendant to get your wrist band. Step 2 go to the fitness center/spa and get changed in the locker room. Lock up you valuables in the lockers there including room key card. These lockers work much better than the steel lockers at the pool with the rusty locks. Step 3 do not take any valuables to pool and leave unattended. Stuff get's stolen everywhere, not just at storm along bay. Step 4 you can get changed and showered in the locker room if you please, as all the shower stuff is there for you to use (shampoo, soap towels)

3. I did online check-in, so i assume i'll be able to pick up our kttw cards right away so we can access the pool. Do they give you a wrist band for the pool? I was wondering if we needed to carry our kttw card every time we exited the fence, and how the kids could get from the main pool to the jib slide. Are wrist bands the answer? you get your wristbands before you change and leave your stuff in the fitness center locker. If you need money for food/drinks then you would have to take that to the pool with you.

i've seen some discussion here about the upcoming mymagic+ system. Someone asked if there was anything about it in the online check-in process. At this point, no there isn't. The only mention was in the terms and conditions at the end with a reference about using your kttw card or magicband to enter your room.

If anyone's interested, or maybe having trouble with it... I'm maintaining a thread to discuss updates to the features of the my disney experience website and mobile apps. Come and visit if you like... navigating the my disney experience web site and app

i've been reading this for awhile and i think you are doing a fabulous job! Thank you so much for keeping this organized. As to why things are in such a state, this article might explain where disney went (way) wrong http://www.zdnet.com/hcl-to-get-disneys-it-contract-drops-some-xerox-employees-in-us-7000000139/

ps. Dopey is for sure working in the i.t. Department. It's the only plausible explanation!

~nm

Hello BC/YC fans! I'm afraid it's just not possible for me to catch up after nearly two weeks away from the boards!

On Sunday, we returned from an amazing 8 nights at WDW. We started with three nights at Poly, and then spent the rest at BWI CL. The entire stay was incredible. It was the most relaxed WDW trip ever - parks in the morning and afternoons by the pool. Sunshine for the entire time. We even enjoyed a FULL day in Epcot, with plenty of time in World Showcase. And I can't recommend the sea racers at the YC marina highly enough - fun, fun, fun!

It was definitely our best trip for dining: Garden Grill, Liberty Tree, Artist Point, Kona Cafe, Be Our Guest, Chef's de France, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose, Bluezoo, San Angel Inn, Via Napoli, Three Broomsticks (it really is the dark side - glad we did it and loved Potter, but that's our last time!), Kouzinna, Big River Grill, Tokyo Dining and Les Halles (new/improved bakery in France.)

We LOVED the ability to use SAB while Luna Park was closed. We also found that we really love the BWI quiet pool. SAB wasn't too busy at all - just right. And the hours were 10am-8pm during our entire stay.

So I have much to report, but it's been a busy week and I haven't dumped a single photo into photobucket. I enjoyed a beautiful view of YC/BC from our Boardwalk view balcony at BWI, so I have many photos to share. I took a ton of photos around SAB (including my new favorite spot there and the new Hurricane Hanna's!) I also have photos of the new bakery in France, which is WONDERFUL! I took new photos of both the YC and BC secret entrances and created a photo path from the YC lobby to Picabu in the Dolphin. I also created a photo path from the slide exit up to the stairs for those new to SAB.

Poly was great, but there is nothing like staying in the Epcot area. And don't get me started about MK vs. Epcot area transportation - it took us 1.5 hours to get from MK to Poly on a Monday night during value season!

Only two regrets: We didn't have time to stop by the BC lobby while Teena was working and I actually did not step into BC Marketplace at all! That's only because CL at BWI really had everything we needed, and we primarily use the Marketplace when staying non-CL.

A word about CL. We've decided that, at least for the next several years, CL is essential for us unless we're staying at BC (we could go either CL or non-CL there.) More on that later if anyone is considering CL at BC or elsewhere and would like our two cents!

So I'll organize those photos when I can, but please let me know if anyone has any questions! :)

I would love to hear your thoughts on BC CL and worth it/not. I couldn't get BC GV for our whole trip so I booked 3 nights YC GV then 6 nits BC GV. Other option was the first 3 nights BC CL standard view. Obviously could also do BC CL the whole time, but that's a bit over budget. My concern is that we would feel let down to switch to a GV room after a few nights of CL. What do you think. I also considered booking the CL for 3 nights and just maybe they'd let us stay in that room for the last 6. That would be awesome!:thumbsup2

Oh boy... the snow amounts were just upped once again... NYC 12-18 inches... This made me check the Orlando weather forecast for 2 weeks from today... Sunny and mid 70's! After what we are about to get (unless of course Nemo decides to swim out to sea) I'll take those 70's!!

Be safe everyone in the path!!

~Nannette

Hi, all. I'm new to this thread, and I just scanned through the last 40 or so pages (wow, you all are a prolific bunch). My family and I will be at BCV for the first time Mar 20-24. I've got several questions, sorry if I missed previous discussions about these...

POR/POFQ
Board Walk
Swan & Dolphin

We've always been the last stop.

2. We're checking in relatively early in the morning and would like to use the SAB pool while we wait for the room. I'm sure I can ask at the desk about this, but does anyone here have experience with this? I think I read there are changing rooms close to Beaches and Cream - is that right?

Also bathrooms by Hurricane Hannahs

3. I did online check-in, so I assume I'll be able to pick up our KTTW cards right away so we can access the pool. Do they give you a wrist band for the pool? I was wondering if we needed to carry our KTTW card every time we exited the fence, and how the kids could get from the main pool to the jib slide. Are wrist bands the answer?

You get wrist bands from the life guards who check your room key card before entering the pool area. Once you have the wrist band, you are good for the day and don't have to show your key card, just your band.

I've seen some discussion here about the upcoming MyMagic+ system. Someone asked if there was anything about it in the online check-in process. At this point, no there isn't. The only mention was in the Terms and Conditions at the end with a reference about using your KTTW card or MagicBand to enter your room.

If anyone's interested, or maybe having trouble with it... I'm maintaining a thread to discuss updates to the features of the My Disney Experience website and mobile apps. Come and visit if you like... Navigating the My Disney Experience Web Site and App

Have a great trip!

bigAWL said:

Hi bigAWL, my family will be at BCV 3/20-3/27! You will beat us there as our flight doesn't land til 5, but maybe we see you around at SAB. ;)

After check in you will be able to use the pool area. No problem. You should be able to change in the locker rooms at the health club.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Hey pixarmom:wave2:!

Welcome back and can't wait to see your pictures (always great).

Thank you, thank you!! OK, you've inspired me to dump everything into photobucket, although my photography skills don't hold a candle to yours!

:welcome: back!!!

Thanks for your mini-report. I have been DYING to hear some details, but I was able to restrain myself from bugging you while you returned to the "real" world. :sad:

Color me officially JEALOUS over your dining line up!!! Some of our traditional standbys, a couple we haven't visited in a dog's age and many that I desperately want to try.

I'll be excited to see all of your pictures in good time. Waiting patiently. popcorn::

NOT!

Loved to be able to share a few happy and relaxing moments with you via text during the trip! Knew you would appreciate! And thanks for all the "dark side" advice - Potter was truly amazing. Cab to/fro Universal was a breeze and I am SO happy that we stayed at Disney and did the day trip - highly recommend it!

Hi Pixarmom!

Thanks so much for your review!

I would love to hear your thoughts on Bluezoo and Artist Point (what you ordered, how it was, etc.)!

Happy to help! Bluezoo is an old favorite. I love the scallop/short rib appetizer and the serenity cocktail. Our youngest son likes it (until he falls asleep in the booth, which he does frequently) and our middle son (12) is a big fan of the "blue" theme. Our oldest son is still "meh" on it because it's not Disney owned and he doesn't think blue is a theme. But my husband and I really enjoy it and I absolutely recommend it. Can't say enough about that scallop/short rib appetizer.

As for Artist Point, the highlight of that meal was the lounge. Great atmosphere -very cozy - and we all LOVED the fondue appetizer. It's a yummy fondue with soft pretzel bread, sourdough, apples and dates. Incredible. Also loved the house made chips with three dips. (Dee alert - house made chips - not house of chips - laughed about that every time I ate a chip in the BWI lounge!) The dinner was quite good and the service was great. I was way too full after the fondue to eat much, so I had a bit of our oldest son's filet - very yummy, but not as good as Le Cellier's ribeye or strip. Seriously, if anyone doesn't want to invest in Artist Point or happens to be in the WL area, that lounge is tied with Crew's Cup for my favorite in Disney. I might consider a trip over to WL just for that lounge - yum!

Welcome back!!! Can't wait to hear some more and see some pictures!

Thank you! Photos soon! :)

Welcome back pixarmom!!! :wave2:

Can't wait to see your photos!!! :goodvibes

Thank you!!! :) I hope you love the Epcot area as much as we do!! I think you will!

:thumbsup2 I would like your two cents, as I would like to try CL, but don't know if it's worth it and we are staying at BC. I would also need to get my DH on board, but it might be easier if there is a discount, but for that only time will tell!! So, I will wait patiently to hear your opinion :thumbsup2!!!

The discount for CL is a huge factor for us, too. But with a family of five (and goodness, our older boys are eating a TON at this point) the cut-off for CL is getting higher. I used to say it had to be under $100 extra per night, but now I'm getting a little weak on that.

A primary consideration for us is breakfast. At this point, we're all good with a light breakfast and even CS breakfasts require us to commit to more food than we want. The oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, pastries, bagels, hard boiled eggs, fruit, coffee, juice, etc. is perfect for us. I don't even usually eat breakfast, but in the CL lounge, I'll grab a couple hard boiled eggs and strawberries with my coffee and juice. After three mornings of breakfast at Captain Cook's (CL was closed for renovations at Poly) followed by five mornings of easy breakfast at BWI CL, we decided it would be CL for us from now on (assuming we can find a decent discount.) On the other hand, if we're going to stay non-CL anywhere, it would be BC - BC Marketplace is super easy and offers lots of grocery items to make it easier to eat something quick in the room, on the beach or in the seating areas around BC Marketplace.

Next good part - evening appetizers. We love stopping by for healthy snacks, and I appreciate a glass of wine that doesn't cost $10. In the afternoon, it always helps to have a few chips, goldfish crackers and other snacks. And for our youngest, a few juice boxes are great. No worries about overbuying packaged snacks - the lounge has everything we need. Before this trip, I said that the evening appetizers reduced the cost of our TS dinners. Well, forget that for us at this point - our 12-year-old, 13-year-old and 47-year-old eat just as much at dinner with or without those CL appetizers! But I eat certainly less at dinner with CL, and so does our 6-year-old. So it depends on your family's eating styles, but it could reduce the cost of dinners!

And finally - dessert. I don't eat much dessert, but it's nice to have something tiny at the end of the day - along with some decaf coffee.

So I love and recommend CL, but it does depend on your family's eating styles, your touring style (will you use the lounge?) and the discounts available at the time.

Welcome back pixarmom!!!

Sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to read all about it in a TR and see those pics!:thumbsup2

Thanks! We really did! :)

Welcome back Pixarmom!! Can't wait to hear all about it (we are staying BWI CL in May and eating at Artist Point for the first time...so that's one dining review I'm super interested in!)

....on an unrelated note to all those up in New England....hope that Nemo doesn't give you too much grief!

Can't stay enough good things about BWI CL - really wonderful. If you're staying standard CL, I highly recommend requesting the boardwalk view. And just wanted to mention that we returned to SAI again for lunch because we have grown to love it and couldn't miss it this trip. Funny that I was singing La Hacienda's praises, and now our family prefers SAI. Those tostadas de tinga are one of my favorites in all of WDW!

Welcome back pixarmom!

Sounds like a fabulous trip. Can't wait to hear all about your dining adventures.
We're waiting for 8-12 inches of snow (and that's nothing compared to what my New England Dis buddies have coming) so I could really use a dose of your fabulous pictures to get us through the storm.

BTW while you were gone we decided to fly this year (finally got some good rates), but then DH said since we werent' driving and wouldn't have our car he didn't want to do a split stay. So we are now doing - count em - 16 nights at BC! No CL this year - even though we love it. We now are getting ready to send our next dd to high school too so tuition payments/CL? Unfortunately tuition won. We could have done a shorter trip but we all just LOVE our long summer vacation.

I was watching the weather forecasts for Orlando and was so happy to see that you were having just the best weather!

Robyn, thought of you when we extended our trip to eight nights and enjoyed all that afternoon pool time. I used to think short trips were the way to go and I've entirely changed my tune. Your family knows how to do this! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the down time - we've had a bit before, but never like this. There is so much at WDW that we've missed in the past. And I can actually say that this trip was relaxing. I entirely understand that tuition wins, but maybe a discount will pop up to make CL possible again???

As for the demise of the split stay - sounds like a good plan. I think our next stay (two years from now - I've agreed to take a break) will still be split. But that's only because the boys love Poly and we want to make that happen for them. My husband and I are Epcot area all the way. Seriously, as we waited to get back to Poly from MK that night, my husband mentioned that we'd be back to BC on the bus more quickly than 1.5 hours! I just can't say enough about my love of Epcot and the Epcot area resorts.

Welcome back, Pixarmom! I can't wait to see your pictures!

Thanks, Alice!! :)

Welcome!!! Usually, we stop at POR and BWI before reaching BC on Magical Express. I know the routes can vary, but that's been our route for the past several BC stays. As for SAB, you can definitely use it the day of check in before your room is ready. It's been opening at 10am pretty consistently, but the quiet pools are available earlier. Yes, you can use the bathrooms near B&C to change - they are spacious and quite clean - I was in there less than a week ago and they are easy to find and use! (And there is far less water on the floor than in the bathrooms located near HH inside of SAB.) Yes, you should get your KTTW cards during check in so that you can present them at SAB when it opens. You show your cards once, and then they give you the wristbands for the day so that you don't need to show them again when you enter.

We had dinner at Cape May tonight. It was SO DELICIOUS. They asked us if we have ever been there before and we said, Oh, yeah, lots of times. :) It is our favorite restaurant. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I would love to hear your thoughts on BC CL and worth it/not. I couldn't get BC GV for our whole trip so I booked 3 nights YC GV then 6 nits BC GV. Other option was the first 3 nights BC CL standard view. Obviously could also do BC CL the whole time, but that's a bit over budget. My concern is that we would feel let down to switch to a GV room after a few nights of CL. What do you think. I also considered booking the CL for 3 nights and just maybe they'd let us stay in that room for the last 6. That would be awesome!:thumbsup2

Hello! Hmm, that's tough. I know we would have a really tough time going from CL to non-CL. That's one of many reasons we ditched our AKL reservation last week and stayed at BWI CL for the rest of the trip. (We had a 1-bd villa booked at AKL, but couldn't give up the Epcot area or CL, even for the additional space.) Could you start with BC or YC GC and then switch to CL at the end? That would be ideal, but it would be too tough for me to start with CL and then give it up! Good luck!

We had dinner at Cape May tonight. It was SO DELICIOUS. They asked us if we have ever been there before and we said, Oh, yeah, lots of times. :) It is our favorite restaurant. :)

Hope you're enjoying your trip, and that you have time to stop by the Territory Lounge for some of that excellent fondue! :)

Reading these posts has been very comforting as we brace ourselves for Mother Nature's next superstorm.

Pixarmom, really can't wait to see your pics and hear more about your trip. Nice to have a BW visit and still use SAB!

pixarmom said:
Hope you're enjoying your trip, and that you have time to stop by the Territory Lounge for some of that excellent fondue! :)

Thanks. The fondue sounds delicious. We'll have to check it out. :)

Angeejoe said:
I liked your suggestion Missyrose, so I told DH. DH seems to be open to this possibility. I suggested to DH about maybe arrive to BCV for a couple days to try & then trans to BC/YC for remainder of trip with crescent lake view. I want to leave now :rotfl2:.......lol!

This looks like a good plan.

pixarmom said:
Hello BC/YC fans! I'm afraid it's just not possible for me to catch up after nearly two weeks away from the boards!

On Sunday, we returned from an amazing 8 nights at WDW. We started with three nights at Poly, and then spent the rest at BWI CL. The entire stay was incredible. It was the most relaxed WDW trip ever - parks in the morning and afternoons by the pool. Sunshine for the entire time. We even enjoyed a FULL day in Epcot, with plenty of time in World Showcase. And I can't recommend the sea racers at the YC marina highly enough - fun, fun, fun!

It was definitely our best trip for dining: Garden Grill, Liberty Tree, Artist Point, Kona Cafe, Be Our Guest, Chef's de France, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose, Bluezoo, San Angel Inn, Via Napoli, Three Broomsticks (it really is the dark side - glad we did it and loved Potter, but that's our last time!), Kouzinna, Big River Grill, Tokyo Dining and Les Halles (new/improved bakery in France.)!

So I'll organize those photos when I can, but please let me know if anyone has any questions! :)

Sounds like a great trip, with fabulous dining!

bigAWL said:

For us, it always stopped at Port Orleans and Boardwalk first. One time, it also stopped at Yacht Club too.

Because it's late and I'm not feeling particularly organized, I'll just share a few happy view photos:

DSCN0125_zps81837fec.jpg

DSCN0123_zps47ea4cdd.jpg

DSCN0113_zps62f5b94f.jpg

DSCN0095_zpsed046ec3.jpg

DSCN0092_zps6a6e2dbd.jpg

DSCN0091_zps4ad5737d.jpg

DSCN0050_zpsb8ebb896.jpg

DSCN0034_zpse59dedbe.jpg

DSCN9940_zps02c205d5.jpg

DSCN9938_zps936046d7.jpg

DSCN9934_zps07ecbbb7.jpg

DSCN9933_zps325676bc.jpg

DSCN9932_zps57cc8053.jpg

DSCN9925_zps726afe05.jpg

DSCN9924_zpsae977bc2.jpg

DSCN9875_zps423bb608.jpg

DSCN9831_zps2bbf5e19.jpg

DSCN9830_zps43e7501e.jpg

DSCN9811_zpsb81b2203.jpg

DSCN9805_zpsd2c0fdd0.jpg

DSCN9788_zps1f746318.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter