2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
JulieT3 said:
We always stayed at WL and loved it, but I decided to branch out last year and we tried BC - loved it so much that it is now tied with WL for our favorite WDW resort! Besides the wonderful pool and having EP literally right outside your back door, the bigger rooms, daybeds (if you are lucky enough to get one - we were on our last trip!), and bright atmosphere were some of my favorite differences. Oh, and I loved that they had flavored syrups for the coffee out for anyone to use in the BC Marketplace. Compared to the WL, the BC seemed a little more "maze-like", but after a day or two I was able to navigate my way around without leaving a trail of breadcrumbs in case I got lost ;). Also, I love that at WL, I am guaranteed to have a full balcony and that there is quite a bit more seating at Roaring Fork than anywhere around the BC Marketplace. WL also has a much more peaceful atmosphere, but at BC I always feel like I am right in the middle of all the action - there is so much to do in that area! I honestly can't tell you which resort I prefer because they both have such different and great attributes. After this trip you might be just as torn as I am!

Thanks for your insights! We did call and request a full balcony, so I hope we will be able to have that. DH loves to sit out there and drink his coffee in the morning. I didn't realize the rooms were bigger at BC! That will be nice! WL does have a peaceful atmosphere, but we really wanted a change, so more activity might be good for us. As for getting lost, I think I managed to do that at WL before, so that is bound to happen anyway! Loving the flavored coffee syrups, too!!! Yum! Can't wait to check it all out for myself now!

:offtopic:
I will be SO amused if there is like a "poof" of white stuff here in NY. Everyone is preparing for the Apocalypse:furious:. Hehehehe. Meanwhile I'll be dreaming of my beloved...:cloud9: T-93 days...:hourglass Sigh...:coffee:

Everyone everywhere stay safe!!!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:offtopic: I know, already talking delays and cancelling things and it hasn't even started yet. Last time they did this a year or 2 ago, we got nothing. They just upped our totals and looks like we are on the edge of being in the 12-24" range now in Western Albany County. We better get something after all this hype. :rolleyes2

Gonna pass the time looking at pictures of the YC and BC and plan ADR's. :goodvibes

:offtopic: I know, already talking delays and cancelling things and it hasn't even started yet. Last time they did this a year or 2 ago, we got nothing. They just upped our totals and looks like we are on the edge of being in the 12-24" range now in Western Albany County. We better get something after all this hype. :rolleyes2

Gonna pass the time looking at pictures of the YC and BC and plan ADR's. :goodvibes

They keep changing the totals of what we are supposed to get here on Long Island. Its maddening.

I'm dreaming of the Beach Club, a pool, a drink in my hand and most importantly, warm sunshine! Scorching sunshine!

I saw on the Be Our Guest list that you will be at YC when we are at BC. I'll have to look for you at the pool! :)

So today, I was fiddling around with the disney website and i put in my march dates for the beach club...and the garden view club level is booked solid! :crazy2:

How many garden view club level rooms does the beach club offer?

Not many. I believe it is around 10.

JulieT3 said:
We always stayed at WL and loved it, but I decided to branch out last year and we tried BC - loved it so much that it is now tied with WL for our favorite WDW resort! !

We also stayed at WL & loved it too! I was upgraded at check in for free- from WV to Courtyard/Pool! Such a lovely stay, very peaceful! My hubby & I sat on the full balcony every evening, we also watched the Electrical Water Pageant from there, nice surprise! I've never stayed CL there, I'm sure it would be nice.

Our snow totals have been upped to 18-24 inches...:scared:
Both of my kids schools are closing early tomorrow, so I probably just won't go to work. :rolleyes:
I will be dreaming of having a Sunken Treasure and sitting by SAB.

Only 70 more days, only 70 more days...:goodvibes

Oh, and we absolutely LOVED everything about WL CL....I can't wait to see how YC CL compares!

I'm beginning to feel like I need to move so I can be a part of the Northeast group on here!! Does it count that I live along the lakeshore of Michigan

Hi fellow Michigander! :wave2:
Another MI fam here! :wave2: Although we've only been here a few years (originally from VA). DD has a lock-in at dance tomorrow that is going to be open "no matter what" so we just hope we can get to her to bring her home Saturday morning! I remember the same thing happened last year during her lock-in!

20 days til BC! :beach:

Hi! My daughter and I will be at the YC in August & my husband and I may be there in March for our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. (I say "may" because he has booked the trip with the help of our travel agent and is surprising me with all the details other than the dates. I know we are staying on site & I think it might be the YC, but we shall see!) Nevertheless, we stayed at the YC back in 2011 and enjoyed it very much. One thing we never got around to figuring out though is where we can grab a quick bite for breakfast there at the resort. We ended up eating something in the parks each morning & on our check-out day hoofed it over to the BC. In reading the first post in this thread, it looks like the Ale & Compass sets up for a continental type breakfast. Correct? It was listed as TBA whether or not a DDP snack credit could be used. Anyone have any experience with using snack credits there? Please forgive me if this has already been asked & answered!

BusyMom2Three said:
Another MI fam here! :wave2: Although we've only been here a few years (originally from VA). DD has a lock-in at dance tomorrow that is going to be open "no matter what" so we just hope we can get to her to bring her home Saturday morning! I remember the same thing happened last year during her lock-in!

20 days til BC! :beach:

:wave2: Hey there!! Where do you live in MI?

DH & I have been looking into DVC (ok mostly me, :rotfl2:), and have been in contact w/ DVC. We watched the DVD & read over the paperwork. I'd really like BCV. So DH & I had long talk about it today & he said "I like staying at BC/YC only.". DH loves the water view & at BCV no crescent lake view! I wish they put it in another spot! DH would rather pay more for the view, whereas I truly do love the view, but want to go more often. I know you can stay in the hotel using DVC, but it's so many points! I love how DH is standing up for BC/YC though, so cute! I'm not really looking for any real advice, its just i love talking Disney which drives DH nuts :scared1:, so it's nice to have a group of Disney lovers to gab with! I'm just missing my BC/YC! Thanks for listening to my rant! :lmao:

I have to temper my Disney talk at home. In his words " I don't mind talking Disney, I just want to talk about other things as well" :confused3

I now make sure I only bring it once and a while. It is hard ...

I live in WNY and they are calling for Nemo to hit around 1 a.m. I am pretty sure there will still be school because around here they never close. My district in particular. We have not had a snow day in 3 or 4 years

Hello BC/YC fans! I'm afraid it's just not possible for me to catch up after nearly two weeks away from the boards!

On Sunday, we returned from an amazing 8 nights at WDW. We started with three nights at Poly, and then spent the rest at BWI CL. The entire stay was incredible. It was the most relaxed WDW trip ever - parks in the morning and afternoons by the pool. Sunshine for the entire time. We even enjoyed a FULL day in Epcot, with plenty of time in World Showcase. And I can't recommend the sea racers at the YC marina highly enough - fun, fun, fun!

It was definitely our best trip for dining: Garden Grill, Liberty Tree, Artist Point, Kona Cafe, Be Our Guest, Chef's de France, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose, Bluezoo, San Angel Inn, Via Napoli, Three Broomsticks (it really is the dark side - glad we did it and loved Potter, but that's our last time!), Kouzinna, Big River Grill, Tokyo Dining and Les Halles (new/improved bakery in France.)

We LOVED the ability to use SAB while Luna Park was closed. We also found that we really love the BWI quiet pool. SAB wasn't too busy at all - just right. And the hours were 10am-8pm during our entire stay.

So I have much to report, but it's been a busy week and I haven't dumped a single photo into photobucket. I enjoyed a beautiful view of YC/BC from our Boardwalk view balcony at BWI, so I have many photos to share. I took a ton of photos around SAB (including my new favorite spot there and the new Hurricane Hanna's!) I also have photos of the new bakery in France, which is WONDERFUL! I took new photos of both the YC and BC secret entrances and created a photo path from the YC lobby to Picabu in the Dolphin. I also created a photo path from the slide exit up to the stairs for those new to SAB.

Poly was great, but there is nothing like staying in the Epcot area. And don't get me started about MK vs. Epcot area transportation - it took us 1.5 hours to get from MK to Poly on a Monday night during value season!

Only two regrets: We didn't have time to stop by the BC lobby while Teena was working and I actually did not step into BC Marketplace at all! That's only because CL at BWI really had everything we needed, and we primarily use the Marketplace when staying non-CL.

A word about CL. We've decided that, at least for the next several years, CL is essential for us unless we're staying at BC (we could go either CL or non-CL there.) More on that later if anyone is considering CL at BC or elsewhere and would like our two cents!

So I'll organize those photos when I can, but please let me know if anyone has any questions! :)

P.S. We were originally scheduled to spend our last two nights at AKL-Jambo, but could not leave CL at BWI or the Epcot resort area. So we switched our last two nights and continued our BWI stay instead. We were so happy with our decision, and we hope all of you with upcoming stays in the Epcot resort area love it as much as we do!!!

:welcome: back!!!

Thanks for your mini-report. I have been DYING to hear some details, but I was able to restrain myself from bugging you while you returned to the "real" world. :sad:

Color me officially JEALOUS over your dining line up!!! Some of our traditional standbys, a couple we haven't visited in a dog's age and many that I desperately want to try.

I'll be excited to see all of your pictures in good time. Waiting patiently. popcorn::

NOT!

Hi Pixarmom!

Thanks so much for your review!

I would love to hear your thoughts on Bluezoo and Artist Point (what you ordered, how it was, etc.)!

Hello BC/YC fans! I'm afraid it's just not possible for me to catch up after nearly two weeks away from the boards!

On Sunday, we returned from an amazing 8 nights at WDW. We started with three nights at Poly, and then spent the rest at BWI CL. The entire stay was incredible. It was the most relaxed WDW trip ever - parks in the morning and afternoons by the pool. Sunshine for the entire time. We even enjoyed a FULL day in Epcot, with plenty of time in World Showcase. And I can't recommend the sea racers at the YC marina highly enough - fun, fun, fun!

It was definitely our best trip for dining: Garden Grill, Liberty Tree, Artist Point, Kona Cafe, Be Our Guest, Chef's de France, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose, Bluezoo, San Angel Inn, Via Napoli, Three Broomsticks (it really is the dark side - glad we did it and loved Potter, but that's our last time!), Kouzinna, Big River Grill, Tokyo Dining and Les Halles (new/improved bakery in France.)

We LOVED the ability to use SAB while Luna Park was closed. We also found that we really love the BWI quiet pool. SAB wasn't too busy at all - just right. And the hours were 10am-8pm during our entire stay.

So I have much to report, but it's been a busy week and I haven't dumped a single photo into photobucket. I enjoyed a beautiful view of YC/BC from our Boardwalk view balcony at BWI, so I have many photos to share. I took a ton of photos around SAB (including my new favorite spot there and the new Hurricane Hanna's!) I also have photos of the new bakery in France, which is WONDERFUL! I took new photos of both the YC and BC secret entrances and created a photo path from the YC lobby to Picabu in the Dolphin. I also created a photo path from the slide exit up to the stairs for those new to SAB.

Poly was great, but there is nothing like staying in the Epcot area. And don't get me started about MK vs. Epcot area transportation - it took us 1.5 hours to get from MK to Poly on a Monday night during value season!

Only two regrets: We didn't have time to stop by the BC lobby while Teena was working and I actually did not step into BC Marketplace at all! That's only because CL at BWI really had everything we needed, and we primarily use the Marketplace when staying non-CL.

A word about CL. We've decided that, at least for the next several years, CL is essential for us unless we're staying at BC (we could go either CL or non-CL there.) More on that later if anyone is considering CL at BC or elsewhere and would like our two cents!

So I'll organize those photos when I can, but please let me know if anyone has any questions! :)

Welcome back!!! Can't wait to hear some more and see some pictures!

:thumbsup2 I would like your two cents, as I would like to try CL, but don't know if it's worth it and we are staying at BC. I would also need to get my DH on board, but it might be easier if there is a discount, but for that only time will tell!! So, I will wait patiently to hear your opinion :thumbsup2!!!

Welcome back pixarmom!!!

Sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to read all about it in a TR and see those pics!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter