2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

There isn't really a CS option at the YC. There is Hurricane Hannah's at the pool for lunch and dinner. The Marketplace at BC has what would be considered close to CS, but the options are extremely limited - no waffles or pancakes with bacon. :sad2:. When we wanted CS we would go into Epcot or plan to eat at one of the other parks. It is one of the disadvantages of staying at the YC/BC or BWI.

I don't know of any soft serve ice cream machines at the YC/BC. Beaches and Cream restaurant sells real ice cream, though.

ETA: By real, I mean hand scooped ice cream. :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. my2princessgirls

my2princessgirls DIS Veteran

This! There is a separate entrance to get ice cream to go.:thumbsup2

4. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Brooklyn, great photos!!! That suite looks particularly outstanding. I love how it retains the usual YC decor and layout, just in a bigger room!

I didn't, but that's a great idea. I love Cynthia's report - read it more than once when we were preparing for our cruise!

You could include our extended stay! It's now January 26-Feb. 3: Poly/BWI :-)cheer2: for Luna Park closure - see you at SAB!)/AKV-Jambo!

I think that's right. If you're close to the lobby, you're close to "transportation." The rooms close to the lobby are the closest to each bus stop, and even if "close to transportation" includes the boat launch, it still works.

I do think it's a good idea to call in all of your requests, or to confirm that the ones you made earlier are still there - especially because the second floor request isn't an option for on-line check in.

This is unusual for me, but I did on-line check in for all three of our upcoming resorts. I was in the same boat - some of our requests were available on the screen and some were not.

At Poly: Called in request for Samoa, balcony, facing Volcano Pool. On-line check-in allowed me to check boxes for Samoa and balcony.

At BWI: Called in and sent IPO request for Boardwalk View. On-line check-in allowed me to reiterate my request exactly.

At AKL: Booked standard 1-bedroom villa. Called in request for pool view. On-line check-in only offers different Savannah view requests - I guess they don't think anyone wants the pool view!

So at this point, I'm thinking the best strategy is to do exactly what you're doing - call in all of your requests, and then check the stuff you can on-line.

I'll cover the solarium photos, but I don't think anyone in our family will be up for the french toast bread pudding!

As Dee mentioned, it's a quick walk from YC over to BC Marketplace. We do prefer to stay at BC because we like the proximity to the Marketplace, but it when we stayed at YC last year, it was still pretty easy to get over to BC for CS. And with Hurricane Hanna's open, that's another CS option closer to YC. One benefit of YC is that it's closer to the Dolphin and Picabu, which has a huge selection of CS and is open 24 hours. We'll be walking around there next week, and I'm happy to note the time.

5. mariamouse

mariamouse <font color=CC66CC>Believes in the magic!!<br><fon

Well, we are in Orlando airport preparing to board our flight back to the 10 degree weather at home. It is chilly in Orlando today, but perfectly clear and warm in the sunlight. So hard to leave! :(

But we had a great 5-night stay in a studio at the BCV, so I really can't complain too much. Will post a full review within the next few days, which hopefully will be helpful to some of you. Please feel free to post any questions and I will be happy to (at least attempt to) answer them.

6. CT Disney

CT Disney Mouseketeer

Wow, I feel like I know you now! I work part time as a pre-school teacher and every year we take our kids on a field trip to a local farm that sounds a lot like the place you work. :goodvibes Thanks again for the great job on this thread. It really is my afternoon oasis in the midst of the cold Connecticut winter!

(And, BTW, I loved the flying monkeys too...what great costumes!)

7. JanetMom

JanetMom DIS Veteran

Love this! :lmao:

8. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

Hmm nope I don't have that cell number.... can you share?!?

~Nan

Lol! Also the pic of your son with his arm out and sipping on the drink is so funny!!

~Nan

9. ALMinVA

ALMinVA Mouseketeer

excellent! I can't wait to meet her! 2 days and counting!!:thumbsup2

10. lililoo12

lililoo12 Mouseketeer

Shakira at yc cl is the nicest cm I have ever met. She was so nice to my kids , remembered their names and gave hugs when we had to leave. I want her to be my nanny. Such a sweetheart. Made our stay great

11. daneenm

daneenm Just call me Pollyanna ...

Great to know! Can't wait to meet all of these folks when we stay in July/Aug.

12. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

Safe travels!!

13. mariamouse

mariamouse <font color=CC66CC>Believes in the magic!!<br><fon

Thank you! Just landed and on our way home. It is freeeezing! As our pilot so accurately stated, perfect weather for polar bears.

14. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

I shall ask him tonight when he stops over, late, with a bottle of rum and a sunken treasure for me. ;)

[​IMG][​IMG]

~NM

15. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

And she's like that every time I've been there!

16. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

Excellent! I await your reply!! :surfweb:popcorn::

17. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

Yes, we're in NY and its a nippy -2 degrees. I'm not a fan. :0/

18. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

Northern Saratoga
    Special Weather Statement in effect

ARCTIC AIR MASS WILL RESULT IN VERY COLD TEMPERATURES THIS WEEK.

.... Oh how I dream of WDW....

19. ALMinVA

ALMinVA Mouseketeer

2 days until we leave. It's freezing here -can't wait to head for warmer temperatures. As a tease, I checked the website and can it possibly be that the YC is sold out for this weekend? Wow - I don't think I have ever stayed at a sold out resort. Anyone ever experience this and does it feel crowded? I was hoping for a relaxed feel and now I am afraid its going to feel a bit overwhelming. Do I just go with it? Could it be that bad?

20. HelenParr

HelenParr DIS Veteran

We have stayed at YC/BC when it was sold out many times. Nonissue. You will not feel crowded. The only time it's noticeable is summer at SAB. I hope you have an awesome trip!!!!

21. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

It is pretty normal and usually doesn't feel crowded. The atmosphere at the Epcot resorts are a lot more relaxed than at the monorail resorts. The Poly, GF and CR often have lots of people there who aren't resort guests. You don't see as many outsiders at the BC/YC. It is very relaxing. :beach:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.