2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ths is going to seem a bit weird. But does the yaht club have no counter service? If not how far of a walk is it to beach club? Also are the 2 buildings connected in some way? We are going down in Aug and can get a good deal on the YC but the lack of CS scares me. We are mostly a CS family with a few TS meals thrown in. Wecwould be going for 12 nights.
There isn't really a CS option at the YC. There is Hurricane Hannah's at the pool for lunch and dinner. The Marketplace at BC has what would be considered close to CS, but the options are extremely limited - no waffles or pancakes with bacon. :sad2:. When we wanted CS we would go into Epcot or plan to eat at one of the other parks. It is one of the disadvantages of staying at the YC/BC or BWI.

Is there a place around SAB to get soft serve ice cream. I know some CS places have the self serve machine which was a big hit with the kids at WL. Does the Marketplace have this?
I don't know of any soft serve ice cream machines at the YC/BC. Beaches and Cream restaurant sells real ice cream, though.

ETA: By real, I mean hand scooped ice cream. :)

There isn't really a CS option at the YC. There is Hurricane Hannah's at the pool for lunch and dinner. The Marketplace at BC has what would be considered close to CS, but the options are extremely limited - no waffles or pancakes or bacon. :sad2:. When we wanted CS we would go into Epcot or plan to eat at one of the other parks. It is one of the disadvantages of staying at the YC/BC or BWI.

I don't know of any soft serve ice cream machines at the YC/BC. Beaches and Cream restaurant sells real ice cream, though.

This! There is a separate entrance to get ice cream to go.:thumbsup2

Brooklyn, great photos!!! That suite looks particularly outstanding. I love how it retains the usual YC decor and layout, just in a bigger room!

Pixarmom probably already pointed you in this direction, but here is the link to a trip report by eandesmom:

I didn't, but that's a great idea. I love Cynthia's report - read it more than once when we were preparing for our cruise!

I
Please take a moment to look over the list to make sure I have your info listed correctly, and most importantly, that I didn't forget to include you!!!

You could include our extended stay! It's now January 26-Feb. 3: Poly/BWI :-)cheer2: for Luna Park closure - see you at SAB!)/AKV-Jambo!

Based on all of the helpful info you've shared in this thread, we'd like to request being close to the lobby, 2nf floor preferred. Would "near transportation" be consistent with the "close to the lobby" part of our preference, or would it be the opposite of close to the lobby?

We'll also follow up with a call to WDW to request them adding "close to the lobby" to our reservation.

I think that's right. If you're close to the lobby, you're close to "transportation." The rooms close to the lobby are the closest to each bus stop, and even if "close to transportation" includes the boat launch, it still works.

I do think it's a good idea to call in all of your requests, or to confirm that the ones you made earlier are still there - especially because the second floor request isn't an option for on-line check in.

This is unusual for me, but I did on-line check in for all three of our upcoming resorts. I was in the same boat - some of our requests were available on the screen and some were not.

At Poly: Called in request for Samoa, balcony, facing Volcano Pool. On-line check-in allowed me to check boxes for Samoa and balcony.

At BWI: Called in and sent IPO request for Boardwalk View. On-line check-in allowed me to reiterate my request exactly.

At AKL: Booked standard 1-bedroom villa. Called in request for pool view. On-line check-in only offers different Savannah view requests - I guess they don't think anyone wants the pool view!

So at this point, I'm thinking the best strategy is to do exactly what you're doing - call in all of your requests, and then check the stuff you can on-line.

Pictures of the Solarium since the health club was vacated

Picture (and review) of the French Toast Bread Pudding available as a kids breakfast selection at the Marketplace.

I'll cover the solarium photos, but I don't think anyone in our family will be up for the french toast bread pudding!

Ok ths is going to seem a bit weird. But does the yaht club have no counter service? If not how far of a walk is it to beach club? Also are the 2 buildings connected in some way? We are going down in Aug and can get a good deal on the YC but the lack of CS scares me. We are mostly a CS family with a few TS meals thrown in. Wecwould be going for 12 nights.

As Dee mentioned, it's a quick walk from YC over to BC Marketplace. We do prefer to stay at BC because we like the proximity to the Marketplace, but it when we stayed at YC last year, it was still pretty easy to get over to BC for CS. And with Hurricane Hanna's open, that's another CS option closer to YC. One benefit of YC is that it's closer to the Dolphin and Picabu, which has a huge selection of CS and is open 24 hours. We'll be walking around there next week, and I'm happy to note the time.

Well, we are in Orlando airport preparing to board our flight back to the 10 degree weather at home. It is chilly in Orlando today, but perfectly clear and warm in the sunlight. So hard to leave! :(

But we had a great 5-night stay in a studio at the BCV, so I really can't complain too much. Will post a full review within the next few days, which hopefully will be helpful to some of you. Please feel free to post any questions and I will be happy to (at least attempt to) answer them.

Great question! And thanks for the compliments!

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but I have a chronic condition. Whenever someones starts a sentence saying "Can you ...?", my hand involuntarily shoots up into the air and I am unable to mouth the word "N." There is no known cure!

About 3 weeks after my second trip to the Beach Club, the FAQ thread got closed down because it was too large (269 pages). The person who was the last caretaker of the thread had not been active for awhile, and a bunch of the photos on the thread had been moved or expired.

Click on this link to take you to the first page of the 2008-2010 thread. (can you believe, 2 years for a single thread- we go thru 3-4 a year now)

2010 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ(June 2008- August 2010)

Having just returned from a trip, I had many of the pictures needed, so I copied off all of the info that was there into a new thread and added in my pictures. And then I did some major remodeling!

I may be a teeny tiny bit OCD, :lmao: and the organization of the prior thread was driving me crazy, so I added lots of sections and lots of info.

Frankly, with only two trips to the resort under my belt, I am by no means an expert. What I know about the resorts I learned here! Fortunately, we have lots of loyal, friendly people who hang out on this thread and I can't even begin to say how helpful it is to have Teena posting here!

I put in lots of requests for pictures and information from others and many people have volunteered to go on information missions during their trips. Pixarmom has taken a task list mounted on index cards for every trip she has taken since knowing me!

I am lucky that having a very part time job allows me to devote a lot of time to my volunteer efforts. I work as a museum/historical teacher at a farm-we have a horse, a donkey, several goats and sheep, roosters, a turkey, a pig, a cat and a bunny- all rescue animals- who will live the rest of their lives on the farm being ambassadors to visiting children and other members of the public. The stone manor on the property was built in 1690 and has had some fascinating inhabitants over the years. Students come in for A Day at the Farm, an archaeology program (Dirt Detectives), a historical fiction program or sometimes we go into classrooms- lots of Colonial fun!

So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Wow, I feel like I know you now! I work part time as a pre-school teacher and every year we take our kids on a field trip to a local farm that sounds a lot like the place you work. :goodvibes Thanks again for the great job on this thread. It really is my afternoon oasis in the midst of the cold Connecticut winter!

(And, BTW, I loved the flying monkeys too...what great costumes!)

Check out the expression on the teen in this one!

Photo0019FourBySix.jpg

Love this! :lmao:

Yeah.... but you don't have Jack Sparrow's cell number.... :p ~NM

Hmm nope I don't have that cell number.... can you share?!?

~Nan

Oh, yeah???

When my DH and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary last year, we encountered a certain someone in the rainforest of Puerto Rico:

In the Depps of the Forest:

intheDeppsoftheforest.jpg

Lol! Also the pic of your son with his arm out and sipping on the drink is so funny!!

~Nan

Shakira at yc cl is the nicest cm I have ever met. She was so nice to my kids , remembered their names and gave hugs when we had to leave. I want her to be my nanny. Such a sweetheart. Made our stay great

Shakira at yc cl is the nicest cm I have ever met. She was so nice to my kids , remembered their names and gave hugs when we had to leave. I want her to be my nanny. Such a sweetheart. Made our stay great

Great to know! Can't wait to meet all of these folks when we stay in July/Aug.

mariamouse said:
Well, we are in Orlando airport preparing to board our flight back to the 10 degree weather at home. It is chilly in Orlando today, but perfectly clear and warm in the sunlight. So hard to leave! :(

But we had a great 5-night stay in a studio at the BCV, so I really can't complain too much. Will post a full review within the next few days, which hopefully will be helpful to some of you. Please feel free to post any questions and I will be happy to (at least attempt to) answer them.

Safe travels!!

lililoo12 said:

And she's like that every time I've been there!

mariamouse said:
Thank you! Just landed and on our way home. It is freeeezing! As our pilot so accurately stated, perfect weather for polar bears.

Yes, we're in NY and its a nippy -2 degrees. I'm not a fan. :0/

Northern Saratoga
Special Weather Statement in effect

ARCTIC AIR MASS WILL RESULT IN VERY COLD TEMPERATURES THIS WEEK.

.... Oh how I dream of WDW....

2 days until we leave. It's freezing here -can't wait to head for warmer temperatures. As a tease, I checked the website and can it possibly be that the YC is sold out for this weekend? Wow - I don't think I have ever stayed at a sold out resort. Anyone ever experience this and does it feel crowded? I was hoping for a relaxed feel and now I am afraid its going to feel a bit overwhelming. Do I just go with it? Could it be that bad?

We have stayed at YC/BC when it was sold out many times. Nonissue. You will not feel crowded. The only time it's noticeable is summer at SAB. I hope you have an awesome trip!!!!

Anyone ever experience this and does it feel crowded? I was hoping for a relaxed feel and now I am afraid its going to feel a bit overwhelming. Do I just go with it? Could it be that bad?

It is pretty normal and usually doesn't feel crowded. The atmosphere at the Epcot resorts are a lot more relaxed than at the monorail resorts. The Poly, GF and CR often have lots of people there who aren't resort guests. You don't see as many outsiders at the BC/YC. It is very relaxing. :beach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter