• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jellomaker said:
Is there a toaster which would be available for us to use in the morning? I am assuming there is not one in the standard rooms. We will be at Beach Club in 7 weeks!!!!!!! YAY!

I think there is a toaster at the Marketplace. My husband would use it to toast his bagels in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Only one more week for me! Dancing banana, dancing banana, dancing banana (hmmm, doesn't quite convey my excitement when I have to type it out, but I'm on the iPad, so that's the best I can do)!
My trip has become more of a family reunion than I had originally planned. We started out bringing my aunt with us - she has a pretty tough life, so we like to treat her to a break from the real world whenever we can. Now my sister and nephew are tagging along as well. They just decided to come last week and are staying at Shades of Green (the BC was full by the time they decided to join us). Anyway, since my sister won't have use of the magical express, she will be renting a car. Does anyone know if guests of BC guest can get any type of parking pass if they are visiting BC guests one day? We are planning on at least one dinner at Beaches and Cream (i have been dreaming of the day I would finally have enough people with me to finish the kitchen sink - my husband and i can put down some ice cream, but my 2 and 7 year-olds just don't pull their weight), and I would love for them to be able to drive over.

JulieT3 said:
Only one more week for me! Dancing banana, dancing banana, dancing banana (hmmm, doesn't quite convey my excitement when I have to type it out, but I'm on the iPad, so that's the best I can do)!
My trip has become more of a family reunion than I had originally planned. We started out bringing my aunt with us - she has a pretty tough life, so we like to treat her to a break from the real world whenever we can. Now my sister and nephew are tagging along as well. They just decided to come last week and are staying at Shades of Green (the BC was full by the time they decided to join us). Anyway, since my sister won't have use of the magical express, she will be renting a car. Does anyone know if guests of BC guest can get any type of parking pass if they are visiting BC guests one day? We are planning on at least one dinner at Beaches and Cream (i have been dreaming of the day I would finally have enough people with me to finish the kitchen sink - my husband and i can put down some ice cream, but my 2 and 7 year-olds just don't pull their weight), and I would love for them to be able to drive over.

My sisters were staying at CBR and they were able to drive over to see us at the BCV'S.

Is there a toaster which would be available for us to use in the morning? I am assuming there is not one in the standard rooms. We will be at Beach Club in 7 weeks!!!!!!! YAY!

I think there is a toaster at the Marketplace. My husband would use it to toast his bagels in the morning.

Yes! That's a toaster in the corner next to the microwave:

DSCN8594_zps219b5300.jpg

I took this photo in October 2012, and it's been there for a while, so I bet it will stick around through your stay!

I always carry on meds and valuables, but not a change of clothing. I will be sure and add a clothing change to my carry on.

I know we will be hungry when we arrive, but since we won't have park tickets for that day I wasn't sure what to do about dinner. Since Cape May took reservations I thought I would go with that. Maybe I should rethink that. Any other suggestions for dinner on arrival night?

Thanks for your help.

Jan

Another vote here for the Captains Grille! It's got great food and a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere, just the thing to sooth your nerves after a travel day.

Dee - Welcome Back!

You were missed, although Mike did a stellar job!

Love that you travel with your own sunken treasure recipe!

I'm not so sure about that... That link was never fixed was it??

Mike was also running around peeping in all your 'List Maven' drawers. If you are missing any chocolate you might want to check Mike's pockets for Hershey Bars wrappers. We smelled chocolate on his breath every time he posted so your secret stash may be a little low. You know how those "list baby sitters" eat up all the good stuff when you are gone!

We did miss you and I'm happy to report there were no fights or snarky posts. Janet managed to contain herself (well almost!) and Nannette is off on a trip so that limits her ability to get in trouble (we hope!). There were a few posters who got caught in the liquor cabinet (jennyjinx3, 333disneymom, Scott MC and catho72) so we may be a little low on Sunkin Treasure ingredients! Next time be sure to lock the liquor cabinet because you know how we can get on this thread!

~NM
PS. Leaving Sunday for POFQ!

The breakfast buffet looks great--thanks for posting! Does anybody know if there is a kids price on the buffet? It looks like it is the same price for everyone....

wdwinfo has it listed for 8.99. I also just got my disney visa benefits info in the mail today and if you use it, you get a 10% discount on breakfast and lunch. :cool1:

We did miss you and I'm happy to report there were no fights or snarky posts. Janet managed to contain herself (well almost!) and Nannette is off on a trip so that limits her ability to get in trouble (we hope!). There were a few posters who got caught in the liquor cabinet (jennyjinx3, 333disneymom, Scott MC and catho72) so we may be a little low on Sunkin Treasure ingredients! Next time be sure to lock the liquor cabinet because you know how we can get on this thread!

~NM
PS. Leaving Sunday for POFQ!

Always stirring up trouble aren't you? You just can't leave well enough alone. Dee doesn't need to know everything that went on here while she was gone, and you don't need to be the official BC/YC tattle tale.

Ninja Mom...you kill me.

That's all. ;)

Sadly, when poeple like Scott encourage you, you just can't help yourself. :sad2:

Scott - try not to encourage Ninja Mom in the future.

If anyone sees a spot of trouble POFQ next week, we know who will be having fun in the centre of it all! :banana: :banana: :banana:

To all of you who have been sad that there haven't been any recent installments of the Adventures of Flat Ben
(Janetmom, I'm looking at YOU!)- here is Flat Ben's first international journey:

Flat Ben in Mexico

Well it looks like he had a fab time and I love his magic clothes which don't get wet in the pool ;) :lmao:

We're heading down to Florida again next month, stopping in Vero Beach and staying at the Kimpton. We're visiting Disney's Vero Beach Resort for lunch and to check it out. If any DVC members (or others interested in Vero) have photo or other mission requests, please let me know! We're AP holders traveling to Florida without plans to stop at WDW, but my husband has been a great sport on our many Disney trips, so no complaints. I always miss my missions when we're on non-Disney trips. :)

I have a picture request: of the beach. It's been quite a few years since I took DNeph down to do a turtle walk (btw awesome, we watched a turtle come up and lay her eggs and since he was the youngest in the tour, he got to name her - he named her with his recently deceased dad's initials as we watched her swim back into the sea under a full moon:love: truly a night we will never forget!)
Anyway, back then the beach had such a sharp drop off from the resort, I've heard they've leveled it out.

My daughter saw Dr. Today bad foot sprain they want her off it as much as possible for 2 wks. We are leaving for our trip in 2 days. I think I'll have to get her a wheelchair for our stay no way could she do crutches :sad2:
Can't wait for our 1st YC stay

Okay...I did it. With all this great information I have gotten from everyone I was beginning to feel that a 8 night stay would be too short for our first visit. I just got off the phone and I have extended our stay 2 more nights for a total 10 night stay. Now to go and make more dining reservations!!!!

BTW , I am thinking about spending one of my days at the Kennedy Space center. How easy is it to rent a car for a day. Is this something I can ask the BC IPO to do? Has anyone here had experience doing that?

Thanks everyone.

Jan

My daughter saw Dr. Today bad foot sprain they want her off it as much as possible for 2 wks. We are leaving for our trip in 2 days. I think I'll have to get her a wheelchair for our stay no way could she do crutches :sad2:

That's a rotten cloud to have hanging over your vacation, but at least you will be at WDW, where life is always good. And, even with a foot sprain, SAB is always relaxing. A nice sit in the hot tub will feel great for her foot. :)

I have a picture request: of the beach. It's been quite a few years since I took DNeph down to do a turtle walk (btw awesome, we watched a turtle come up and lay her eggs and since he was the youngest in the tour, he got to name her - he named her with his recently deceased dad's initials as we watched her swim back into the sea under a full moon:love: truly a night we will never forget!)
Anyway, back then the beach had such a sharp drop off from the resort, I've heard they've leveled it out.

What a beautiful and touching story!

Not to steal missions from pixarmom (my main mission minion)- there are two current trip reports that have several chapters devoted to Vero and even to the turtle walks- glennbos "Sun, Sand, Savannah, something or other" and eandesmom "Coffee on the Verandah"- both are excellent trip reports , and more importantly, they have great chapter links in the table of contents.

ETA: links to TRs
glennbo: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954572
eandesmom: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2974060

bjakmom- you said the secret word of the day. "Turtle"

I can't contain myself. We snorkeled with turtles several times last week. Here are just a few of many pictures. Ben swimming with a turtle and the turtle I followed for 10 minutes on Thursday morning.

P1130266.jpg

P1140166.jpg

P1140174.jpg

Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to manage a decent vacation.

I haven't personally rented a wheelchair, but there are a few companies that can deliver one to the resort. Here is the info I have, but would love if others can give you suggestions from personal experience:

Where can I rent a scooter, wheelchair or other mobility items during my stay?

www.KM-Rentals.com and Mobility Equipment Rentals both deliver to the resorts and both run about $125 weekly. KM-Rentals offers free delivery and pick-up ... not sure about Mobility Equipment Rentals.

Wheelchairs may also be provided free of charge to resort guests, subject to availability upon check-in.

A piece of advice about charging your scooter: Charge your scooter in your room. There are limited outlets outside the room, and if you leave the scooter to charge overnight, someone else may come along, unplug your scooter to use the outlet. The next morning, you will discover your scooter has not been charged.

BTW , I am thinking about spending one of my days at the Kennedy Space center. How easy is it to rent a car for a day. Is this something I can ask the BC IPO to do? Has anyone here had experience doing that?

Thanks everyone.

Jan

No better place to spend 10 nights at WDW than an Epcot resort!!! As for the car rental, we've used the Dolphin location before and it's super easy. Couldn't be better - and just a 10 minute walk away! To get the best rate, I'd just go directly to the website and book.

Not to steal missions from pixarmom (my main mission minion)- there are two current trip reports that have several chapters devoted to Vero and even to the turtle walks- glennbos "Sun, Sand, Savannah, something or other" and eandesmom "Coffee on the Verandah"- both are excellent trip reports , and more importantly, they have great chapter links in the table of contents.

The turtles were one of the highlights of our Barcelo stay a few years ago - our oldest son loved them! Great photos!

And I've read Cynthia's great report - will check out the other one. And you know, Gru did turn me into an actual minion on the Despicable Me ride at the park-which-shall-not-be-named earlier this month! (Although at the end, he turned me back into myself, much to the relief of our youngest, who thought we would all really turn into minions and was temporarily upset!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter