2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just letting you all know I am back in the country. Atlanta airport. I was able to find a bartender in mexico to make me a sunken treasure. Boarding soon. Talk to you all tomorrow.

natebenma said:
Just letting you all know I am back in the country. Atlanta airport. I was able to find a bartender in mexico to make me a sunken treasure. Boarding soon. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Welcome back! Hope you had a nice vacation!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful time!

As this is our first trip to WDW I have lots of planning questions. Just curious....to those of you that fly to WDW and choose to use Disney transportation how happy are you with the ME airport shuttle service? Our Southwest flight arrives @4:30 pm. Should we let Disney gather our luggage and bring it to our room at a later time, or should we collect it ourselves? What are your experiences? Should I just look into hiring private transportation from the airport?

Thank you

Jan

Thank you for the info. We actually have reservations at Cape May 3 hours after we land....hopefully that will be enough time since Cape May is a CC guarantee reservation.

ME is great but it may take 3 plus hours to get your bags to your room. We always pack 1 outfit and a bathing suit in a carry on and then we don't have to worry.

The other thing to be careful about is if you experience travel delays and miss that Cape May reservation. If that is the case I would be sure to let the manager of the Restaurant know why you missed your ressie so that hopefully they don't charge you. I'd bet that they would help you out if you missed your time due to a travel delay but I've not heard of how that sort of thing is actually handled.

~NM

natebenma said:

Welcome back Dee!!

Just finished making my August ADRs, woohoo! Decided to do a Boardwalk crawl so make ADRs for
Flying Fish
Kuzzina (haven't been since it was Spoodles)
Big River Grille & ESPN don't take reservations
These are all new to me. Then:
Brown Derby
SciFi
GF Tea
Captains Grille breakfast our leaving day, assuming I can find a mid afternoon flight home :sad:

So I'm feeling that much closer to our trip, 12 wonderful days at YC (& 2 at GF).
Now if I can find some good air fares :upsidedow

ME is great but it may take 3 plus hours to get your bags to your room. We always pack 1 outfit and a bathing suit in a carry on and then we don't have to worry.

The other thing to be careful about is if you experience travel delays and miss that Cape May reservation. If that is the case I would be sure to let the manager of the Restaurant know why you missed your ressie so that hopefully they don't charge you. I'd bet that they would help you out if you missed your time due to a travel delay but I've not heard of how that sort of thing is actually handled.

~NM

I always carry on meds and valuables, but not a change of clothing. I will be sure and add a clothing change to my carry on.

I know we will be hungry when we arrive, but since we won't have park tickets for that day I wasn't sure what to do about dinner. Since Cape May took reservations I thought I would go with that. Maybe I should rethink that. Any other suggestions for dinner on arrival night?

Thanks for your help.

Jan

When we visited the BC last December to have dinner, we saw people in a surrey bike. Has anyone rented one of these? My sons would like to do this when we stay at BC in June. Do you rent these at the BoardWalk? Can you reserve them, or is it first come/first served? How much do they cost?

I looked into them for our upcoming trip but haven't done it yet. They offer them at several resorts, but yes you can get one at the Boardwalk. From what I've read it didn't sound like you need to reserve them and the price ranged depending on the size from twenty to thirty something. But maybe someone here knows more specifics for us.

1coolnini said:
I always carry on meds and valuables, but not a change of clothing. I will be sure and add a clothing change to my carry on.

I know we will be hungry when we arrive, but since we won't have park tickets for that day I wasn't sure what to do about dinner. Since Cape May took reservations I thought I would go with that. Maybe I should rethink that. Any other suggestions for dinner on arrival night?

Thanks for your help.

Jan

I would maybe save Cape May for later in the week. I always like to relax for our first meal. Captain's Grille might be a good choice. If you are late, you wont be charged and they might still be able to seat you since they don't usually seem crazy busy.

Yay welcome back :) Hope you had a relaxing break but I so missed seeing a little green dot beside your name when I'm on here in the mornings getting my BC/YC fix :rotfl:

Hey guys! As you know, I made it back. Still waiting for the luggage to show up at my doorstep- I just hope it is not in a more interesting place than I am!

Great trip, too short, trying to weed through about 1500 photos.

Tried to do a quick sweep of questions on the thread while at the airport and this morning. Here are a couple that I'm not sure were addressed:

Refill mugs- someone did post a link about locations. I believe Ale & Compass at YC is still a refill location until noon- I haven't heard differently.

The Marketplace (BC)
Ale & Compass (YC lobby, until noon)
Hurricane Hanna's (by SAB)
Beaches and Cream takeout window

If anyone knows about others let me know. I may need to revise the posts on Page 1.

Coming to YC CL Deluxe room in June. Does anyone know the location of these rooms? Are they close to the club?

I know you have been trying to get this info for awhile now and are not having any luck. I am too!!! I can't seem to get room numbers or even how many of these rooms there are.

Have you tried emailing IPO to ask them where the YC Deluxe rooms are located? I think it is a valid question for them.

Thanks for your help.

Jan

I would maybe save Cape May for later in the week. I always like to relax for our first meal. Captain's Grille might be a good choice. If you are late, you wont be charged and they might still be able to seat you since they don't usually seem crazy busy.

Captain's Grille is an excellent suggestion!!!

In 2009 we ate at Cape May Cafe on our arrival night. It was great, but we were so exhausted. It was a chore to get up to serve ourselves at the buffet.

In 2010, our arrival dinner was at Captain's Grille and it was so nice to be served. We ate at CMC later in the week, and it was awesome!!!

Welcome back my friend :wave2:. I trust you had a great winter getaway. You were missed here. Not quite the vibe and flow we normally have. Page 4 should be up to date. Feel free to check back if you want. Get settled in and try to get caught up. :cool2:

Tesoro Hundido (Sunken Treasure)

P1130980.jpg

P1130986.jpg
P1130988.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, I brought a laminated copy of the recipe for the Sunken Treasure with me to Mexico and found a bartender to make it for me.

They didn't have any Malibu rum, so he just used regular rum. I actually have never tried the original Sunken Treasure from Hurricane Hanna's, but the drink I had this week was quite enjoyable!

Another :jumping3::jumping2:

Dee, welcome home. Ocean looks so lovely. Good luck with your luggage.

Luggage arrived. Phew!!!

I saw your question about Perriwigs.

I would assume it is open, but I definitely haven't seen anyone posting about it for sure. For that matter, I haven't heard much about Perriwigs at all- I would love to hear recent reviews or comments and see any pictures that anyone can share!

If someone is at the resort now or in the next week or so, could you swing by and check to see if the lights are on over at Perriwigs.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter