2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I found ya'll! :goodvibes

For those with questions about SAB, I found this great video on Youtube where they actually took their waterproof video camera through SAB and down the slide. Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFPvcae8jEs&feature=related

Wow - thanks for posting the video. I saw that person had some more installments on youtube. So far I looked at installment #1 (their arrival day). You should see the neat illustrations they have done with the video - FANTASTIC!!

And they were staying BC CL - they also show the lounge offerings and evening cordials, too. Check it out: :yay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEArkUmk0XE&feature=related

What a cute, happy couple!

Dee, thanks for all the hard work on getting this switched over to the new thread. All links and all thumbnail pictures are working fine for me.

Hey, I found ya'll! :goodvibes

Wow - thanks for posting the video. I saw that person had some more installments on youtube. So far I looked at installment #1 (their arrival day). You should see the neat illustrations they have done with the video - FANTASTIC!!

And they were staying BC CL - they also show the lounge offerings and evening cordials, too. Check it out: :yay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEArkUmk0XE&feature=related

What a cute, happy couple!

I agree, I looked at the others with BC in them after this one, really cute. I love how she used Google Earth and then would go to live video plus the added animations are great. It helped me to understand how close BC is to IG and more about BC and CL lounge since we will be staying CL this trip.

Thanks for the movie info and the photo of the kiddie slide. I'm not comfortable using this picture on this thread since it is copyrighted and comes from another website.

Anyone have a picture of the kiddie slide area that I can use??? Please post here or PM me with permission to use it.
I haven't looked through the photo thread yet, so maybe there is something there.

Thanks!

Dee

Here are pics of kiddie slide. Finally downloaded pics from recent trip to photobucket:

IMG_1945-1.jpg

IMG_1943-1.jpg

IMG_1944-1.jpg

Found our way home!

And, in case it wasn't already answered: on the last page of the closed thread, there was a pearl question. I recall seeing a pick a pearl-type stand between the ship (where the slides are) and the boat dock. I think its right next to the ship, before the walkway crosses the creek out of Stormalong Bay.

Thanks for the little slide photos, Hockeymom! I think they will be a great resource for those with little kids concerned about the safety of the "big slide!" Hopefully, more families will be able to enjoy it as much as we do!

Awesome thread!

I have a dumb question - we just decided last night we'd stay at YC or BC for our family vacation (in 3 years haha) instead of WL - now how do you decide between the YC and the BC? So far the only difference I see is the color of the buildings? Am I missing something?

When was this resort last renovated? When I look at pics I see wood headboards with white spreads and some brass with pink and green. We have a standard view room what should we expect to have in our room?

Beach Club- New Lobby
Yacht Club- Exterior (especially a view from the Boardwalk vantage point, with lighthouse in photo)- I know, picky picky.
Yacht Club- Lobby
SAB-Whirl Pool, Hot Tubs
Kiddie Slide (maybe HockeyMom) and Playground
Campfire (I have one taken during the day, looking for one with FIRE)
Movies on the Beach
Arcade
Health Club

Quiet Pool(s)

Beach Club Villas- exterior

At some point I will get room photos up, but this is not one of my priorities.

PM me if you have any of these photos to put into the FAQ section. I can credit you by screen name, real name or not at all.

If you see any information that needs to updated or changed, please PM me!

Anyone know the August movie schedule and time??? I will try to keep this updated monthly.

We're chatters! I know we can't go very long without having a home thread!

Thanks!!!

Dee[/QUOTE]

The Yacht Club and Beach Club just had a fire alarm this morning at approximately 6:30 a.m. We all evacuated the buildings through the stairway. Boy, was that scary at first! Come to find out it was a FALSE ALARM!!! Ugh! I would love to know what exactly happened. Teena, would you happen to know.

Thanks!
Brunette

It wasn't really a false alarm. There was no fire but an electrical panel behind some wall or something set it off. It could have been serious had an alarm not gone off and they found what it was. We do not ever have drills where guests are evacuated. So if an alarm goes off, leave immediately ... it is not a drill. Something is definitely wrong. Thank goodness it turned out okay.

Something similar happened six months ago but during the day. People wouldn't leave that were checking in ... I was screaming "IT IS NOT A DRILL ... IT IS REAL."

During the time I've been there (6+ years), while I was working nobody set off an alarm as a prank. The two times the alarms did go off it was because something was wrong. Obviously the system is working correctly.

We have to evacuate in cases like this ... totally for the safety of the guests.

I've been evacuated from a large hotel in Las Vegas once. That was very scary.

Made the change about the smores.

Question about room categories- on the former page, it listed a club level lagoon room and stated it could fit 4 plus instead of the 5 plus listed for the other categories.

I am going to change this to CL water view. Should the sleeping arrangement be 4+ or 5+?

Thanks!

How was dinner last night?

At the BC (not sure about the YC), we have never been able to sell a CL lagoon view to families larger than 4. So it is definitely 4. The plus means a child under 3.

Dinner at Cape May with my Disboard pals was fantastic. Bob and I ate way too much though. It doesn't get any better ... a great meal with great people!

Thanks for starting the new thread. In just a couple of months we check into the BC for the first time...I cannot wait!!! :banana:

At the BC (not sure about the YC), we have never been able to sell a CL lagoon view to families larger than 4. So it is definitely 4. The plus means a child under 3.

Dinner at Cape May with my Disboard pals was fantastic. Bob and I ate way too much though. It doesn't get any better ... a great meal with great people!

Ok, I will keep it at 4+ (the + is explained in the listing)

Just one more question (at least for now). Should the rooms at Club Level at YC and BC be listed as Water View Club Level, Water or Pool View Club Level or Lagoon View Club Level? They are listed as Water or Pool View for the regular rooms.

Since the resort is going through all of the trouble of reclassifying , I would like to make sure I get the listings as accurate as possible.

And thanks to everyone for your pictures and feedback. I really had a great starting point with all of the information and links on the previous thread, but I am so glad to see pictures again!

Ok, I will keep it at 4+ (the + is explained in the listing)

Just one more question (at least for now). Should the rooms at Club Level at YC and BC be listed as Water View Club Level, Water or Pool View Club Level or Lagoon View Club Level? They are listed as Water or Pool View for the regular rooms.

Since the resort is going through all of the trouble of reclassifying , I would like to make sure I get the listings as accurate as possible.

And thanks to everyone for your pictures and feedback. I really had a great starting point with all of the information and links on the previous thread, but I am so glad to see pictures again!

Dee you are really good at this. I love that you are making sure everything is as accurate as can be. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Oooooh, I love this thread!! Love this pics of the kiddie slide, thanks!! Can't wait to go back!

natebenma- thanks for all your work in starting the new thread. This thread has helped me so much to plan my vaca. We are staying BC/CL for the first time in one week!! We can't wait I am totally hooked on this resort already (not even there yet) and might not want to stay anywhere else again.:banana:

Can anybody tell me how many miles the loop from BC past swan/ dolphin and boardwalk. I would like to run every morning and was hoping to jog about 3 miles. I say this now with good intentions but we'll see if I actually get a chance to do it.

Can anybody tell me how many miles the loop from BC past swan/ dolphin and boardwalk. I would like to run every morning and was hoping to jog about 3 miles. I say this now with good intentions but we'll see if I actually get a chance to do it.

I think it is 0.8 miles. There is a map of several jogging paths in the BC/YC area, with distances. I'm sorry, as I don't have it. Perhaps somebody else does. If all else fails, PM Robo, as he's got maps of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter