2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job Dee. This thread is flying now. :surfweb: The last one 'died' in less than two months. Testament to how many people love Y&B!

Love it. Love BC. Love YC. Love Disney...........Thanks!

Teena: I look forward to meeting you and your trainee from PA!! :banana:

Look for these people in the newly refurbed lobby!!! (Well, except my youngest son who just today reported to basic training in Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. I'm gonna need this trip to take my mind off of missing him!!)

DSC01128-1.jpg

Lucas: Thanks for adding me to the August guests list. Hope to see some of you there!

Wow! Another new thread! This thread moves so quickly. Ilove it! Thanks for setting up the new thread Dee. Teena I am so happy you will be working 2 days during our stay. I look forward to meeting you and your trainee! It's after midnight, 6 more days!!:yay::yay::yay:

Thanks, Dee!!!

In response to your question about movies for August, I know this is not official, but here's the link we use:

http://buildabettermousetrip.com/activity-outdoormovie.php#beachclub

Here's what they list for August:

Sunday Princess and the Frog
Monday Bedtime Stories (PG)
Tuesday Bolt (PG)
Wednesday A Bug's Life
Thursday Old Dogs
Friday Up
Saturday James and the Giant Peach

And here's my plug for mention of the little slide/pirate ship kiddie pool at SAB, and the photo link: http://allears.net/acc/bc10.jpg

We are heading to the airport in less than 6 hours! :cool1: Yes, I know I should be asleep. I don't think that is going to happen though. Oh well, I have a long flight from SF to catch some zzzzz's.

We'll be at the YC tomorrow night. Hoping to meet Teena during our stay.

Happy summer everyone!

Our tickets arrived this morning - :yay: !! It's starting to feel 'real' now (IYGWIM!). I've requested courtyard or quiet pool view as recommended by Teena (I was toying with either stating that or just saying that it's our 21st wedding anniversary while we're out there and seeing if we received a nice room, but didn't want to risk it - didn't want to get my hopes up and then get a view of the dumpsters!!) Anyway, what will be will be, as the great Doris said!

I'm a student nurse (very mature 40something student nurse!) and I've got two more shifts, a reflective account and an essay to get done before we go, so I'd better get down to doing some work - this is my avoidance technique, being on disboards :rolleyes1

Dee: Thanks so much for all that hard work getting the new thread started. You may want to edit where it says smores are available to purchase at the beach in the evening. They did away with the smores and now only have marshmallows. We asked in the Marketplace and they don't sell the crackers and chocolate there either. I suppose everybody could bring their own though.

Looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow ... so many disboarders are arriving this week and next!

Thanks, Teena. I will make the change about the marshmallows. Obviously, it would be helpful if you could let me know if you notice anything else that should be added or changed.

Should I put up the new room view categories?

Have a good day at work! Lots of friends coming in the next few days! :thumbsup2

THANKS DEE!!

Love the Yacht Club! This is our new home!! LOL!

We're still here and posting using their $9.99 service. lol

Any questions let me know.

Brunette

Hi Brunette! Thanks for being our on-the-scene reporter!

Can you swing by the sign listing the movies and see if these are the ones listed?
Sunday Princess and the Frog
Monday Bedtime Stories (PG)
Tuesday Bolt (PG)
Wednesday A Bug's Life
Thursday Old Dogs
Friday Up
Saturday James and the Giant Peach

What does it say for times of the campfire/movies? This should be on your activities sheet as well. Maybe the movies are listed there, too.

Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your stay!

Dee

Thanks, Dee!!!

And here's my plug for mention of the little slide/pirate ship kiddie pool at SAB, and the photo link: http://allears.net/acc/bc10.jpg

Thanks for the movie info and the photo of the kiddie slide. I'm not comfortable using this picture on this thread since it is copyrighted and comes from another website.

Anyone have a picture of the kiddie slide area that I can use??? Please post here or PM me with permission to use it.
I haven't looked through the photo thread yet, so maybe there is something there.

Thanks!

Dee

Thanks, Teena. I will make the change about the marshmallows. Obviously, it would be helpful if you could let me know if you notice anything else that should be added or changed.

Should I put up the new room view categories?

Have a good day at work! Lots of friends coming in the next few days! :thumbsup2

Yes, I think you should include the new room view categories. I understand it's listed on Disney's website now along with pricing.

On the marshmallows on the Beach, hopefully somebody there now can confirm, but I heard they were free.

The Yacht Club and Beach Club just had a fire alarm this morning at approximately 6:30 a.m. We all evacuated the buildings through the stairway. Boy, was that scary at first! Come to find out it was a FALSE ALARM!!! Ugh! I would love to know what exactly happened. Teena, would you happen to know.

Thanks!
Brunette

We checked out of the Beach Club on Tuesday and are home now. LOVED LOVED LOVED the Yacht and Beach Club. I could not get my kids out of Stormalong Bay to visit the parks!!! We also stayed Club Level and loved everything about it. The CMs at the Beach Club were wonderful, sweet, and very helpful. We can't wait to go back and will stay here again next June if all goes as planned. Numerous times I overheard people walking around who were visiting the BC or YC with dinner ressie say how they wished they were staying at the YC or BC, too.

There is SO MUCH to do in this area, the resorts are a hidden gem!!

Thanks so much for all the hard work Dee. :flower3: Love this thread. Have a great time to everyone who is there and heading out soon. :cool1:

Yes, I think you should include the new room view categories. I understand it's listed on Disney's website now along with pricing.

On the marshmallows on the Beach, hopefully somebody there now can confirm, but I heard they were free.

Made the change about the smores.

Question about room categories- on the former page, it listed a club level lagoon room and stated it could fit 4 plus instead of the 5 plus listed for the other categories.

I am going to change this to CL water view. Should the sleeping arrangement be 4+ or 5+?

Thanks!

How was dinner last night?

Joining in on the new thread -- thanks for getting this started!

I'm still checking every day for a Garden View room in January - so far I'm still only seeing water view so the wait continues:thumbsup2.

We checked out of the Beach Club on Tuesday and are home now. LOVED LOVED LOVED the Yacht and Beach Club. I could not get my kids out of Stormalong Bay to visit the parks!!! We also stayed Club Level and loved everything about it. The CMs at the Beach Club were wonderful, sweet, and very helpful. We can't wait to go back and will stay here again next June if all goes as planned. Numerous times I overheard people walking around who were visiting the BC or YC with dinner ressie say how they wished they were staying at the YC or BC, too.

There is SO MUCH to do in this area, the resorts are a hidden gem!!

Welcome back!

Glad you had such a wonderful trip!

What can you tell us about the food and drink offerings in BC concierge lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter