2007 Transatlantic and First Med cruises thread

Hello, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. D'Ann - you will love Arizona. It is close to CA for all your cruise friends, it is warm and lots of flip flops, no ice or snow - the kids can play outside and swim. There are tons of things to do. LOTS of houses for sale, but mine would be too small for your family. I can tell you some great areas to look at. I wish your husband luck with the job interview and you are right, it will all work out. Let me know if there is anything you would like to know about. My daughter loved living there. She likes Florida too, but it was a big change. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well and thanks for posting those pictures. Great memories!:)

No one will ever find this thread on page 3! Hope everyone has a great day! The sun is out here, for now, even though the wind is blowing about 20mph! No, I think in calmed down to 12mph, guess I'd better get out with the dogs while I still have a chance.

Happy Valentine's Day Y'all!

:love: :love: :love:

OK the bad news is here is lots and lots of SNOW!!! It started yesterday about 2pm and hasn't stopped. Its about two feet currently and growing.... DH had to call work back and say "No Way Jose!" call some guy that can get out !

Happy Valentine's Day:love:

It was a beautiful day yesterday, over 60 degrees, the wind even quit for a little while. It was a beautiful day to be out. I watered our trees (a Cheyenne thing, you have to water your trees and bushes at least once a month in the winter:confused3 ) and even took the dogs out for a second walk in the afternoon.

Today it is in the teens for a high, we have several inches of new snow which has blown into some nice drifts. Good news is that it is supposed to be back in the 40's tomorrow.

Happy V-day everyone, we're making heart shaped cookies for Zoe's class today and trying to avoid getting sick as it is kindergarten testing week.

Happy Valentines Day Everyone:love: ! We have had gloriously warm weather for the past week, but it is rainy and cold today.

We have spent the last few days/weeks evaluating HS's (4 in our district to choose from - all good!) for DD13 for next year and Kindergartens (neighborhood school or spanish immersion) for DD4. 1 HS tour, 2 meetings with Assistant principals, 2 HS information nights, 1 K tour, and innumerable emails, and internet explorations - just in the last three days alone! Luckily all of our choices are really good, just need to make some decisions now:confused3 .

<<passing Anna a tissue to wipe her tears.>>:hug:

<<grabbing one for myself>>:sad1:

Thanks D:hug: Luckily the whole school thing has kept me well distracted.:surfweb:

Hi Everyone

Just lurking around and stopped by to say hi. Hope everyone has a great weekend - ours is a four day weekend because of the presidents birthdays. I'll be putting in some riding miles.

Ken

Happy V-day everyone, we're making heart shaped cookies for Zoe's class today and trying to avoid getting sick as it is kindergarten testing week.

Hey Kelly - let me know how Zoe does with the testing? I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. Last year Darrell was in a bad car accident so anything beats that! It is beautiful in Florida and hopefully we can make it to Disney soon. Saw Connie at the Beach Club and she is doing well and so much fun to talk to. It is always so fun seeing people from the cruise - reminds me of a great trip with a fun bunch of people. Have a great weekend!!;)

Hi guys, posting under a new name. It's me Kelly.

Hey Kelly :)

What is with everyone changing names? :rolleyes: :flower3:

I spent the last week in Indianapolis for work. The state of Indiana had alot of flooding in the last 2 weeks. Which is the second (sometimes third) round of flooding since January 1.

Not sure how much more they can take.

Debbie

My vacation plans were coming up when my business name was googled. I didn't realize when I signed up with my screen name how involved I would end up getting with these groups.

Well that makes sense!

You guys are coming to the open house in May right :)

Debbie

Cain't wait to see folks. Debbie PM us if ya need any thing, I think we get in that afternoon and will have a car so we can make a run to Walmart for ya. I will make sure I have a cell number for ya and give ya mine.

I need to make up fro sending ya the Off Kilter pics.

Hey Debbie,
Sherry and I are gonna try to join the party too. I gotta check my work schedule, but will confirm soon.

On another note, I had chance to stop by the DCL offices the other day. They have a nice model of the DCXL ship. Its not a cut-a-away view as theyre still designing the interiors, But it shows the expanded layout and pool areas. Ill try to stop back and take some pics to post here and/or to show at the party. See ya'll soon
Jerry

Hey Debbie,
Sherry and I are gonna try to join the party too. I gotta check my work schedule, but will confirm soon.

Jerry

Your patrol area is not THAT far out from Old Key West :rotfl: With this group we may need you and some of your friends :rotfl2:

Great Kelly!

Can't wait to see everyone. I am hoping to have a picture show done by then, but not holding out much hope. At least I have the video converted to DVD.

Hey Scott... thanks :) I have already mapquested my way to Costco :) It is not that far!

This should be fun :)

Debbie

I hope they put our room close by so we can absorb the over flow.

Hey all you seasoned cruisers...I ahve a question for you.

What is the deal with "rebooking" aboard? Is it true that I can put a deposit down on a room now to secure a cabin aboard the ship and then when I'm aboard later this fall I can "rebook" (basically cancel the room and immediately rebook it) so that I can have the same sail dates and cabin but get the price discount and stateroom credit offered when you book onboard?

Can you do the same thing if a room is booked wiht points?

In May 2009 we're taking my parents on their first cruise.....and we'd like to get the adjoining Cat 7's on the Wonder for a 4-night....get one room for us with points and one for them with cash through our travel agent.....but we're afraid if we wait until we're aboard the Magic in Sept./Oct then we'll lose the rooms (which are available now).

Thanks for any input!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter