2007 Transatlantic and First Med cruises thread

Hi! We're here too! We had been lurking as usual for a while since the cruise...then when I went to look for the post the other day it was gone. Thanks for the PM with this thread in it. :thumbsup2

We are still procrastinating on getting our hundreds of pictures from the trip captioned and up online. We set aside 1 weekend a month, get started and then feel like the task is daunting and move on to something else. My resolve is a bit stronger than Mike's. When we get it done I'll let you know in case we got any pix that any of you might not have snapped. :confused3

DAnn - I recall the cold windy winters in Chicago - that's why I moved away after college. I did great moving South but then got this job in Ohio. Granted Cincy is no Chicago weather wise, but I'm still not a fan of the (I'll say 'chilly' weather here since you truly get the 'cold' weather). When it's time for one of us to change jobs or careers again, we'll aim South I'm sure. Until then, I feel for you with all that below zero weather - it is brutal. Sending you an the others in the great plains some warmer weather vibes. :goodvibes :beach: :goodvibes Predition here today is 46 and Sunny.

I grew up in Chicago and the wind there ain't nothing, the last couple of days and I was on the road, there were semi trucks blown over along I-25. I think it is funny that in other places if the wind gopt that high you could not buy a gallon of milk, loaf of bread,nor a sheet of plywood, just another day in Eastern Wyoming.

Have a great weekend Kiddies and we are really looking forward to May and the reunion.

Hi Guys, Well, we've become the rainy state here (2 wks of rain) and have now sent rain across to many of you. It has been so cold here it's in sane - high 30's at night - our homes just aren't built to handle the weather. I backed out of the 5K tomorrow because we are supposed to have more rain and 40 degrees UGH. Tomorrow is Jonathan's b'day so we're going to Wicked again and then home for the football, Bucca de Beppo (Family style Italian) for dinner - he's a happy camper. We have PIF for the PC, so we've finally committed to it. The thread for that cruise is just so huge that we certainly don't get to know the folks the way we did over here. Some people post over 100 posts per day, it runs about 50 pgs per day - too hard to keep up with.

Debbie, Zoe and I will be there. :cutie:

Also, 6 more weeks of winter :scared1: :scared1:

I noticed that, Kelly. I almost think a few of them need to start their own thread just to chat. I officially cancelled, but will be looking for August availability around May.

Scott, I remember driving through Wyoming the last part of June a few years ago. It was very windy. And there was dust in the wind! :scared1: I had to get out of the car for gas or something and it felt like sandpaper.

Chicago really isn't that windy, just the other night, with the cold was AWFUL, painful. I usually like the wind, because it makes things seem more alive to me.

TRIVIA--Chicago is called the "windy city" because of all the "windy" politicians. :) Isn't it funny that both Obama and Hilary have Chicago roots? :rolleyes1 And no, that isn't sayin' the other side is any better, just a joke.

OH 6--my husband grew up in Cincinnati, actually across the river in Ft. Mitchell. He decided to go to college in Florida! He was tired of the cold, too! As far as me seeking warmth, my very unambitious goal is to retire to Florida and work at Disney. Oh, and I still think about those cute shirts of yours. I just LOVED them. I should've taken a picture. If you have one, please post it!

Today is the funeral of the President of our church. He was a great man. He will be missed.
“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal, is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.”
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

I noticed that, Kelly. I almost think a few of them need to start their own thread just to chat. I officially cancelled, but will be looking for August availability around May.

Scott, I remember driving through Wyoming the last part of June a few years ago. It was very windy. And there was dust in the wind! :scared1: I had to get out of the car for gas or something and it felt like sandpaper.

Chicago really isn't that windy, just the other night, with the cold was AWFUL, painful. I usually like the wind, because it makes things seem more alive to me.

TRIVIA--Chicago is called the "windy city" because of all the "windy" politicians. :) Isn't it funny that both Obama and Hilary have Chicago roots? :rolleyes1 And no, that isn't sayin' the other side is any better, just a joke.

OH 6--my husband grew up in Cincinnati, actually across the river in Ft. Mitchell. He decided to go to college in Florida! He was tired of the cold, too! As far as me seeking warmth, my very unambitious goal is to retire to Florida and work at Disney. Oh, and I still think about those cute shirts of yours. I just LOVED them. I should've taken a picture. If you have one, please post it!

Today is the funeral of the President of our church. He was a great man. He will be missed.
“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal, is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.”
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

DAnn very since quote from President Hinckley! He will be very missed around the world! We were able to see the funeral televised in IL. We are having a heat wave here today,30*... Its almost time for the swimsuits again! :rotfl2:

We watched it tonight on BYU tv. This is one reason I am truly grateful for the internet.

Yes, the weather is warmer! We are supposed to get rain on Monday--so different from the weather last week.

Bumping us back to page 1 and subscribing to our new "home":)

The cold some of you have had is mind boggling:scared1: . We just keep getting rain and more rain. So CA doesn't do well with the wet stuff. It messes up our already congested traffic. Friday night a Coke Cola truck drove/slid off the freeway into the lagoon. I think maybe the drivers get mesmerized by the windshield wipers:confused3 :rotfl: .

We are still holding onto or PC ressie, but only for a few more days. Cancellation is pretty much a foregone conclusion for us too.

Have a great week everyone.:cool1:

We decided to take the plunge and made our final payment on the PC cruise. Part of the reason is that I have been promised some part-time work for a company that really sounds like fun to work for. I still haven't seen the contracts though, so hopefully the promise doesn't fall through.

I feel for you guys in the Midwest (I grew up in Iowa City). Curt is actually sitting on the runway in San Diego right now, trying to fly to Chicago. They are on a 4 hour delay because of weather in Chicago.

Scott - I know about the winds in Wyoming (lived there for 13 years). I used to lay awake at night listening to the wind blow and hoping that my fences would still be standing in the morning - not always the case. I had a dog, so it was a real pain to deal with blown down fences before heading off to work. But the good thing about the wind in Wyoming is that when the wind blows, it warms up. Not so in the Midwest - just the opposite. I remember those windchills of 50 below. So happy to live in San Diego now. I can live with the 2 weeks of rain just fine.

I FOUND YOU! I am so happy and like DizzneyDAnn, I am very sentimental and couldn't believe they got rid of the thread! I am glad everyone is doing well and even though I don't look often, when I do look and cannot find you, I get upset. Thanks Hadley for clueing me in! MISS ALL OF YOU!

Hey Sandi, How is the house coming? I just told Jonathan I was going to email you to see how you guys were doing?

Well it seems that our friends are finding our new home. So time again to make this reminder:

Open House
Gathering of Friends

Friday, May 2
4 pm "ish" to 8 pm "ish"
Old Key West Resort

This will be an open house with wine and cheese and other snacks. Since there will be many from this cruise, the Panama 2005 cruise and some of my pin friends there at the same time it is a great time to get together!

I will post my room number when we arrive or PM me and I will give you my last name and you can call the resort and ask for my room. I will put a message on the voice mail.

Hope you can join us!

Debbie

Deb - Darrell, Abby and I will be there. Not going on the cruise, but don't want to miss seeing everyone. Let me know what I can bring since I am local and can load up my car with whatever!!!:)

Zoe will be very excited to see Abby. Did you get the pictures I sent of the kids?

Zoe will be very excited to see Abby. Did you get the pictures I sent of the kids?

Kelly - so good to hear from you. I never did get the pictures, but that is basically how things have been going. Darrell and I headed up to NJ last week because my grandmother passed away. We cannot wait to see everyone. The weather here is gorgeous but Disney was sooo crowded this past weekend because everyone from Louisiana was here. I asked someone and they said it was Louisiana's spring break. Darrell wanted to talk to you or Jonathan about Ebay. The house is coming along slowly. Friends and visitors come first so we have been putting things off. This weekend we hope to get a lot done because my dad is in town and he loves to work on house things. We still have our house in Phoenix and I wish we can just get rid of it. Hopefully the real estate market will pick up soon. It is fun living in Florida and there is always something to do on the weekends. Abby has a class trip to Busch Gardens on Thursday and in May at Disney and she thinks this is the greatest thing - better then the Grand Canyon by bus!!!!:) The Grand Canyon is gorgeous, but when you take a bunch of 4th graders up on a bus, out to look at the canyon, brown bag lunch and back - I think you can see why she is very happy!:)

<------jealous of Sandi. Scott's in Scottsdale today interviewing for a job. We're snowed in here. I LOVE snow. Arizona just seems so not me.

It's funny Linda (Seaulater) just posted how much she hates snow and is sick to death of it. AZ would be very, very different. I was just thinking about your DH, I'm addicted to The Big Idea on CNBC and I wondered if he'd seen it.

Sadly, we don't watch tv.He has been getting quite a few consulting jobs. I think this new opportunity fascinates him, though, and he loves oven-style heat. We are such opposites!

But D' AZ is only a hop skip and a jump from So Cal and DL! Give me heat over snow any day....

I have already had the Atlas out measuring distances to DL. I'm thinking it's a 6-8 hour drive. (???) It is the state's one redeeming factor--ok, Arizona has some beautiful canyons, colorful deserts and really hard dead trees, too, so not such a bad place. ;)

He hasn't called all day. I guess that's a good sign, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter