2007 Transatlantic and First Med cruises thread

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by padalyn, Jan 26, 2008.

1. padalyn

padalyn Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't

Well, since our old thread seems to have been deleted this may as well become our temporary/new home. With hopes that the old thread will return I am hoping that people will find this thread.

I will PM everyone that I can find, but if others find this and have names - please forward this thread to them. I would hate for us to loose track of each other!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Scott H

Scott H <font color=red>First to Magically cross from King

I am here

4. misseulalie

misseulalie DIS Veteran

Even though I don't post much anymore(to this thread), I'm still reading....

5. padalyn

as long as people will find us! I sent out a slew of PMs just now (thanks Scott for the reply!) and hopefully everyone I sent to has a few more people than I had. I could only find these people:

EpcotKilterFan
    CaCruisn
    NHDisneyLover
    Tig18??? (erik)
    SSnyder
    Scot H

so feel free to send this along!

6. tig82174

tig82174 ...but the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I

I'm here......

Hadley is NHDisneylover
    Kelly is Milestogo
    Chris & Rob are Scoobypop

7. EpcotKilterFan

EpcotKilterFan <font color=red>The first to extend her Fish<br><b

I am here. We need to arrange the furnitture a bit in our new/temporary home. But soon it will be filled with all our friends :)

Debbie

8. padalyn

I bet if I dug through all the stuff I have put away I could find the mini navigator that was put together, that would have everyone's ID.

My hunny tells me that we might end up booted off the cruise board since the cruise was now almost a year ago. I am not sure, I guess if that happens we will just have to track everyone down again!

Erik - did you sent this to them or do you want me to?

9. tig82174

No I didn't PM them.....if you want to that would be great....I don't understand why we'd get deleted for being an "old" cruise? Didn't hte first PanAm thread stay active forever?

10. DizzneyDAnn

DizzneyDAnn DIS Veteran

Why did they do this? The May PC cruise has so many more posts and is really only used by a few people.I am so sad that so much of the fun stuff we wrote and the fun pictures are gone. I am ver sentimental.

11. tig82174

Yeah I wondered the same thing. Did a moderator delete us? I can't imagine why they would but I know they have the right to do so.....it does seem odd that our board, which is relatively active, got deleted while there are other WAY older threads still clinging to life by a thread on here!!

Alas, however.....like a phoenix from the flames.....here we come again! :lmao:

12. padalyn

There was a post just before 11pm the other night, that the system would be "cleaned" up. The process included deleting all threads longer than 10,000 posts. We were at about 10,700 if I recall correctly. To that end, we were deleted. I didn't realize that we would not all be notified, so I didn't make a list of who was posting. Thus I had to go from my PM list of names. I missed a lot of people of course.

I will hunt for that mini navigator to see if I can put out a general post to the names I can find, but please - if you have other peoples ID - please send the note I sent you along to them.

As far as how long an "old" thread will be allowed to continue on the cruise board, I have no idea. What I would hope would happen is the moderator would just have us moved over to the community board. Maybe I should have started this post there, but I thought folks would look for it here.

I sent the PM to Kelly, and Chris & Rob. If anyone thinks of others...please notify them!

13. DizzneyDAnn

DizzneyDAnn DIS Veteran

The number of posts is a very strange way to determine the disolution of a thread. I think it should be disolved due to inactivity. The thread of the WB TRansAtlantic hasn't been added to since October, for example, and I think it was a month before that when someone posted.

I'm in mourning.:headache:

;)

14. DizzneyDAnn

DizzneyDAnn DIS Veteran

seaulater
    hoagiepie
    cupcake
    gydell
    rikimuk
    CAcruisin
    ElderFam
    Nanaguide

15. tig82174

littleowensmommy
    rufustee
    kpros
    oh_6

hmmm.....i'm sure more names will come to me in the middle of the night tonight!! LOL

16. DizzneyDAnn

DizzneyDAnn DIS Veteran

What was Richard's screen name? He had a party in Orlando at his house. The banner party???

Oh and TxAggie and a bunch of numbers, Elizabeth.

Michelle2
    AuntyBrat

I'll search Aunty Brat's thread tomorrow. A lot responded on that thread.

17. rufustee

rufustee whose idea was it to put flat cola in a juice box?

We are here!!!

18. Scoobypop

Scoobypop Mouseketeer

Thank you for the PM. I wondered what had happened when I went to check the board last night and it said I had no permission to be here.

Juergen
    HKSilverfox
    chrismeyers

Not that any of them had been posting but those are a few I seem to recall as well.

19. padalyn

I am amazed you found it - I have not even been able to find the old thread. You are welcome for the PM, please send out PMs to those you can recall. I am going to try to hunt for the list of who we all were, but more people had joined the thread after the cruise...

20. EpcotKilterFan

EpcotKilterFan <font color=red>The first to extend her Fish<br><b

The old thread is hiding. They have not determined what will happen with them. It has to do with board performance and the size of threads. Has nothing to do with inactvity.

The Picture of the Day thread on the Theme park board had over 34,000 posts and is in hiding. My suspicion is that they may bring them back for a day so a link to a new thread is put on, then they will archive it. We hopefully will be able to link to the old thread here.

Glad to see everyone here!

Debbie

21. milestogo

milestogo Disneyland Local

Hi Guys, thanks for the PM and setting this up. I have a bunch of people and will PM them. There was a bunch of discussion from Eller about DVC the other day and I was deleting my emails and thought I'll jump back to read them in order on the thread and then poof!

The webmaster deleted all threads over 10K posts. It was supposed to last for 24 hours as a test, but has been 3 days now.

Scott, tell Lynn to post since we (at least me) don't know her new screen name.

We're under our 2nd week of storms out here, we got more rain last week than we got all of last year. And we have another 3 on the way.