20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I see the magnet? I am soooo new still. Get frustrated trying to figure these things out. But we both like the Tee alot. And I must say the hunts sound like fun but I couldn't do them. Now my DD could get into this. She knows things people don't have to. She might join us on our cruise. Just has to be sure she can get the vaka time.
We are taking a DC in Oct. with alot of other people.....thinking of making our own tees for that cruise too. Ours will simple say.."I'm with them."

Jule

Jeff, Magnet and t-shirt are great!

I can't believe all the planning--still over 9 months away! What will be left to plan when it gets closer?

I am a total newbie at all of this. I thought that we had been to Disney a lot (maybe 6 times in 22 years) but compared to you people....

All the activities are great. Themed parties are a wonderful idea. Everyone that I am talking to think that we are totally crazy?

I had a thought when I read about the "special" itineraries that were announced. Could these ports (Antiqua) be ones that they are considering for our cruise? Looking on the map, it might make sense? Any other speculations?

Haven't dared to read the other repo board. Just too many pages! (I can barely keep up with this).

We are now planning our first "pre-cruise" party with my brother-in-law and his wife who are coming along with us. They are disney-addicts, but have never cruised before! What an experience!

Final note: I found a punch to make those cute Mickey punches that they use at WDW. Should be fun!

Bill

Bill, no we're not crazy for planning this much, the other board is already passing out a fair amount of their stuff, we're just planning and our cruise is 3 months before theirs!
We will have a lot of planning to do once we are closer. People will start to decide what they want to bring, we'll get emails flying with names for magnets, pins (who wants to make those???- I think it's Home Depot that has the Mickey paint swatches in the green for the buttons people have used in the past), gifts for the sailaway(s??) and so much more.....
There's so much we can do it's amazing!

editted because I can't read

gifts for the sailaway(s??)

[What are these? I go to Lenox outlets and sometimes they have the Disney stuff there. ie; for our 10/16 cruise I picked up an little statue called "Smooth Sailing: it is Pooh with a little raft for like $3.95. If this is the stuff your looking for let me know and I'll look for it as I go along. Jule

Good afternoon everyone! :wizard:

Whew... braved the heat this morning and had the first of several garage sales.... made some nice $$$ to put towards the cruise... yeah.. more pin money!! ::yes::
I have a button making machine so I would be happy to make buttons for the cruise. However I do not have any creative design capabiility. :rolleyes: If someone wants to try to design something that will fit within a 2-1/4 inch circle... and can then send it to me in .bmp or .jpeg format... I can take it from there.
:teeth:

Jule, tradionally when we have our sailaway parties, Jeff and I are hosting the first one sailing out of Port Canveral, people bringing things for the group, buttons, pins, choclate, magnets, whatever, just to be social and fun. Jeff is making the magnets for the doors, Pin Diva has said she would make the buttons, in the past we've exchanged pens, bubbles, magnets, little bottles of wine, etc, the more creative the better. Oriental Trading has some great things that you can personalize for our cruise.

Pin Diva, if you go to the other repo cruise you can see their design on the front page. The Mickey heads are actually from Home Depot I believe, but piglet33 can tell you for sure. The Mickey head are actually stickers from the Disney paint selection I believe. We don't have to do the lime green, that just happens to be the DIS Board color.

Ok, I actually need to go do some other stuff

tupperny

We went to Disney 6 Time last year .. and the year Before..

LOL

Peter

And we are from Boston only Made it To New York once
this year..

Originally posted by JenKatt
Greetings back from the Mouse. Jeff took the day off and we were off to WDW for the day. We called yesterday and booked DiveQuest for today. It was our first dive after our check out dives. What a great time. It was a blast interacting with the guests in the Living Seas. Beautiful aquarium and saw some amazing sea life.
JenKatt,
DS & I just returned from All Star Sports. We were just at EPCOT yesterday (Friday) & I wondered who were the divers waving at us:wave2: We even saw Mickey diving too...what a blast.
Love the T-shirt & magnet!

Jen, The hunt/race you guys do sounds like a blast. Its great you live so close and can do that kind of things every year.

PinDiva, If you want either the artwork I have in my signature or hubby has in his (RickW) give me a shout. We can tinker with it to try to fit in the 2 1/4 in circle.

Hubbys artwork:
magiccanal.jpg

Ok, so I've confirmed the existance of these Mickey heads that you can get at Home Depot. I'm going to email piglet to get her imput on how to do them....
Shell, yeah Jeff and I had a blast diving, we plan on doing it again soon
Danica, we love making the races/ hunts, it's alot of work, but it's worth it to see the looks on people's faces when they open the packets that morning of what we have planned.....

Anybody get the letter about the Mickey Photomosaic for the DL celebration?
Looks pretty cool. I hope I can find a pic of us at DL to submit.
We were at DL over the 4th but didn't take any pictures. Ugh.

Jen, I just found the link.
I guess the letter was sent to Disney Stockholders (My Dad gave me 5 shares for my Birthday a few years back).
In a nutshell....
They are collecting pics of families at DL over the years and making a Photomosaic of Mickey to display during the celebration.

But here is the link. I think I might submit my pics online.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/special/happiestFaces/index
Pretty cool I think.

Leave for a little bit and this place goes nuts, work started at 7:00 am on Friday and ended at 7:00 pm on Saturday. I kinda lost track of days, Think I am caught up here. Lynn and I had a diving job last night locating a lost buoy. Found it in about 5 min, Lynn did a great job it was her first search and recover type dive. She is a very good divemaster. Too much on the mind to sleep last night so coffee will keep me going today till I drop. The OT is good but it gets old. I need a vacation. Just a few weeks away.

Jeff, the t-shirt design looks great, I really like the way the country flags have been incorporated. I concur that the final itinerary is still up in the air.

We are also looking through our DL photos to send in one for the mosaic.

Planning is a good thing. Any Disney experience is enhanced by planning. We all realize that Disney offers so much that we need to plan to get it all in. Let the other call us crazy, they are the people we dash past when the park opens, you know the ones with the deer in the headlight look with a park map opened, as they twirl to try and orient themselves. As a college professor I had for Constitutional Law once said to a class we were preparing for an exam. " coming to the exam unprepared , would be like being put into the den of lions with God dead." I changed to to going to WDW unprepared......

Lynn's working graves and I gotta get to the grocery store this morning, later.

This is why I'm afraid to take a red-eye from CA to FL the night before the cruise:

Computer Glitch Grounds American Flights

FORT WORTH, Texas - A computer glitch grounded American Airlines flights from coast to coast for two hours Sunday morning before the problem was corrected, a company spokesman said.
The operating system that drives the airline's flight plans went down about 6 a.m. CDT and was restored shortly after 8 a.m., spokesman John Hotard said.

"We did what we call a ground stop and all flights were grounded," Hotard said. "It's a computer problem and it is now back up, so we have resumed operations."

The grounding affected about 150 flights, he said.

American planned to run its full daily schedule of 2,400 flights, but delays were expected.

"All flights could run up to two hours behind," Hotard said.

That's the kind of stuff that happens to me!! :earseek:

Here's the full story.

Hi, jindy! I agreeabout being in the night before....its just the actual planning that gets in the way! I'm having a dickens of a time figuring out how to arrange our flights for this!! I think we're just gonna have to bite the bullet and plan to fly to Milwaukee and travel with Keith's Mom both ways.

At the very least, we can say we'll be doing one round trip!! :)

Our biggest problem is that Midwest Airlines has spoiled us rotten with 1st class seats all through the plane!! They are wonderful, but if you're not travelling to or through Milwaukee, most people have never heard of them!!! :confused:

Anyway, you can count on us being in FL at least the night before, because I'd really like Keith's Mom (and Keith, since we missed it in May) to see Wishes!!

Ttfn, Kelli

Wishes is Awesome...

Sounds like Fun ...

Stil have to get a room for the 2 nights before our October ,04 cruise.. Cant decide Ron jon's or the Rad....may be we will stay at each one night... lol

lol

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter