20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
bettemom said:
We have started a link and are early dinner if you and Cash would like to join us...

PLMK,

Bye, Kim
Hi Kim

I would love to join you and early dinner would be good...I'll call my TA to switch...I've been meaning to (had second seating on the 10-day and had a hard time convincing my stomach that it should not expect me to sleep standing up....if you know what I mean...) OK, done...Sent her an e-mail...now, let's see...

Ok, I 'think' I have my doggies onboard. Is this pic too big for DIS reg's though? Don't know how to make it smaller! Took me all morning to get to this point!

The closest airport to the port is Long Beach but definitely has limited airlines. Orange County (SNA) is by far easier than LAX, but you might pay for it too!

Both Long Beach and Orange County airports are pretty close to D'land. HTH someone!

DisneyDreamer8 said:
FYI: I called DCL and got the website for the tux rental company they use. Incase anyone is interested it is www.cruiselineformal.com

Ohhh...DH is not going to be a happy camper...he has to wear a tux twice in two weeks.... :scared: He has only worn a tux twice in his life.

:duck:
Tell him that he won't be alone! Lots of men in tuxes :love: ! Both my DH and my father will be brining their own, but many others rent.

It's also an opportunity to make parents happy. Go take the pictures with the photographers on the ship before dinner, and turn them into presents for the parents. Works great, makes them happy, and only requires a tux for a couple of hours.

Two good things about heading to LAX on May 28th from the port is that:

1. It's Saturday morning.
2. There is a carpool lane all the way to the airport.

So, either way - I don't think you will have a terrible time getting to LAX on Saturday morning. (Of course, this is subject to change at any given moment for no reason what-so-ever)

Ken

I sent an email to the cruise formal wear about pricing for the Repo cruise. It looks like the basic black/white package was $85 for up to 11 nights. For more than 11 nights, they charge double. I sent the message asking specifically about the repo cruise. I'll let you know what I find.

My DH had a tux years and years ago. I wonder where we bought it? Would it be worth it to buy another. If the tux rental will be $170, maybe we should just buy a new one??? Hmmm. . . ..

Sometimes I wonder what disney is thinking...of course you and Cash would always be welcome on our verandah!! Surely they will come to their senses...Well, hopefully there will be the possiblity to shuffle your room around now that final payments are coming due...Good luck!! And mi verandah es su verandah.

Michelle

cotomom said:
Ok, I 'think' I have my doggies onboard. Is this pic too big for DIS reg's though? Don't know how to make it smaller! Took me all morning to get to this point!

Your picture size and dimensions are fine. Cute pups too!!

tap & dap said:
Would really like the design of the magnet on a tshirt, showing the map and all.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I agree. I think Jeff's design is great and would make a wonderful shirt. Very much like the special Xmas 10 day shirts we had made. All we need is a nice logo for the front.

Ken

Linda, Kara, Leslie or Lynda

Do you have a picture of the back of the 10 Day cruise shirts. I don't have one of the back.

Ken

NEM said:
Sometimes I wonder what disney is thinking...of course you and Cash would always be welcome on our verandah!! Surely they will come to their senses...Well, hopefully there will be the possiblity to shuffle your room around now that final payments are coming due...Good luck!! And mi verandah es su verandah.

Michelle
We checked into an upgrade to a verandah room last week and Disney has them available for the difference in price and points(we did half and half), so Lynda shouldn't have a problem unless the ones left are not handicap accessable.

videogal1 said:
Hi Kim

I would love to join you and early dinner would be good...I'll call my TA to switch...I've been meaning to (had second seating on the 10-day and had a hard time convincing my stomach that it should not expect me to sleep standing up....if you know what I mean...) OK, done...Sent her an e-mail...now, let's see...

She just got back to me...I'm waitlisted for 1st seating.......

After the first couple of cruises, DH decided he'd be better off buying a tux. Here's the website that he ordered from: www.cheaptux.com

I know that he didn't get the washable tux. I'm pretty sure that he got the second package, and he also ordered shoes. The quality is great. If you plan on doing more 7 day cruises, it's worth it. :D

WebmasterRegina . . . That site looks very interesting. I'll have to talk with DH and see if he wants to get a new tux.

Is it fair to assume we will have 2 formal and 2 semi-formal nights? More or less?

Regina,
How many men do you know of that will be wearing a tux? Did your husband consider a dress sport coat and slacks? What are your thoughts about the formal nights? It seemed to me that there weren't any men in March main dining that were wearing a tux.
Bill

BobandLee . . . Do you know if DCL would have been able to assign you a verandah cabin? I'm not thrilled with my cat 6 location (forward -- I want aft), but Dreams has said it is unable to change.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter