20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Robin! We've rented a car and driven to the port a few times. It's a nice drive.

I'd stay with that plan and keep the car for awhile on Friday. That way, if you want to leave the resort for a bit, maybe to go out to eat or explore the area, you'll be able to.

We're arriving on Friday but haven't figured out what we're doing that day yet. I guess we should get to work with that minor detail. ;)

And yes, I'm on this cruis and yes, I'll play tag. :D

Hello,

Just wanted to jump in and say hi and join in the fun. I cant believe how fast it is coming up. We are getting very excited. We would be honored to join in the group activities you are planning. We are a group of 8...

Me - Michelle from SoCal

and the rest from Texas...
My Mom, Norma
My Aunt, Carol
My Sister, Jennifer and my 4 neices
Bailey - Age 9
Ashton - Age 7 (birthday on the day we embark-it actually was her choice to cruise and forego a "party" - so look for the celebration at late dinner the first night!!)
Beaux - Age 3
Bella - 14 months

We are in one of the Cat 3's (sooo great and lucky) and a gty Cat 5 but I dont have my room number here with me now, but I will be happy to send it in later. I hope to participate more as the time draws near, but now I am just working to try to pay for it all!! LOL! I would love to get a copy of the excursion list if you have it available (mnmalibu@aol.com) and I look forward to getting to know all of you better as the next few months go by.

Michelle

LITTLEKID58 said:
HI

Debbie thank you so much for the excursion information

Scott Could you include us Camilo and Liz for the CC serenity..

Kara We will like to play tag also..

:earboy2: Camilo and Liz Room 6584

Hi Camilo and Liz

We are right next door in 6582, and we had 6584 on the 10 day Xmas Cruise. We liked the location.
Welcome aboard!

Ken and Shari

It looks like the DIS group is taking over much of deck 6, especially around the laundry room. 6580, 6582, 6584 and 6586 all are from this group.

Ken

kpros said:
It looks like the DIS group is taking over much of deck 6, especially around the laundry room. 6580, 6582, 6584 and 6586 all are from this group.

Ken

So...does this mean that the DISers in those rooms are going to be doing our laundry for us??? That's so darned generous of them! Easy on the bleach, and low heat. :teeth:

And yes, I'm also on deck 6. :boat:

Scott H said:
OK guys I have one (1) nine (9) passenger van reserved from Primetime Shuttle one way from the Port to to the GC, cost is $94.00 plus tip. Lynn and I, Peter and Jen makes four (4). AN extra stop would be $10.00. Luggage restrictions are 2 bags per person and one carry on. Man this could be a packing adventure. Thought is to make it an eight (8) person load to have the extra room.

Let's see......One person, one dog, one scooter, 6 bags....ummmm..I think I'll have to take the DCL shuttle and hope it has a lift and will drop me off at the Tropicana next door to DL.....

Thanks for all the transport info!

WebmasterRegina said:
So...does this mean that the DISers in those rooms are going to be doing our laundry for us??? That's so darned generous of them! Easy on the bleach, and low heat. :teeth:

And yes, I'm also on deck 6. :boat:

Actually, that means that we are going to control all access to the deck 6 laundry room and charge accordingly. pirate: After about Day 8, some people would pay just about anything to get to the laundry room. :D

Ken

NEM said:
Hello,

Just wanted to jump in and say hi and join in the fun. I cant believe how fast it is coming up. We are getting very excited. We would be honored to join in the group activities you are planning. We are a group of 8...

Me - Michelle from SoCal

and the rest from Texas...
My Mom, Norma
My Aunt, Carol
My Sister, Jennifer and my 4 neices
Bailey - Age 9
Ashton - Age 7 (birthday on the day we embark-it actually was her choice to cruise and forego a "party" - so look for the celebration at late dinner the first night!!)
Beaux - Age 3
Bella - 14 months

Michelle
YAyyyy, more So. Cal/Texas crosses......makes me feel right at home...!

Hi Lynda,

Thanks for the warm welcome...my heart is in TX with my family, but my job (and therefore my income) is in SoCal....

I notice you use an ECV - I assume you own it. My mother has some mobility problems and I ususally rent her a ECV offsite for our stays at WDW, but I dont think that will work for this cruise as it is not roundtrip....

So, I guess I am asking if you have any information or know of any rental options that dont have to start and end at the same spot. I know it is a long shot, but I figure if I dont ask, I'll never know.

She can walk short distances, but I do worry about her getting around the ship and even more so for excursions.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I look forward to meeting you on the ship!!

Michelle - aka NEM

Welcome NEM (Michelle) and WebMasterRegina! Great to have you join us!

Scott, thanks for the snorkel "excursion" info! That is fabulous. Really looking forward to that.

I am compiling a list for the TAG game and will hopefully have time to post it later today. If you are interested in playing and have not yet jumped in to let me know, it's not too late! We can continue to add names/cabins to the list up until the week of departure, so keep 'em coming.

Lynda! So glad to see you posting again. Sorry you're not feeling well, hope you get better soon! Sounds like you're going to have a BLAST in CA after the cruise between the parks and the family reunion.

Anyone interested in trying to share a van to LAX on the day we dock? There are four in our party, and using Scott's guidelines, I think we can try to get four more. PM me if you're interested and I will get the transportation set up.

Hi Kara

Do you remember if anyone has talked about buttons for this cruise. We don't have a button maker, but we were also thinking about name tags that go on a lanyard. Karen (Ohiominnie) had one from a previous cruise - it worked for the KTTW cards as well.

Ken

kpros said:
Hi Kara

Do you remember if anyone has talked about buttons for this cruise. We don't have a button maker, but we were also thinking about name tags that go on a lanyard. Karen (Ohiominnie) had one from a previous cruise - it worked for the KTTW cards as well.

Ken

I've got a button maker right here at the office if we want to do buttons. I could drag DD into making them. (It will make her feel like a part of the cruise!) Cost is 25 cents each for the button. I am willing to do them. Just might need some help in getting a design put together with one of our graphic wizards out there!

Linda

Lynda-sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you start getting better. DD has had that darn cough also! It just won't go away.

Welcome to our new cruisers!!!

Linda

Kara,

Count us in for tag too!

Also, we were trying to figure out which airport would be closer to the port (LAX or Orange County). Southwest flys out of both airports and it would be a quick trip to Oakland. If LAX is closer, we would be interested in joining you for the trip. Let me know.

Laurie :wave:

WE FINALLY DECIDED!!! WE'RE COMING!!!

After much thought, we finally decided we will be taking the cruise!!! This weekend, I booked our oneway tickes from NJ to Florida and our oneway tickets from LA back to NJ! I can't believe it! Now, there's real catch up for me to do to get ready!!!

JENKATT, I sent you our info for the webpage... Thanks... picture fill follow!

Georgie -51 (bonzie1) + Joe - 44 from Yardville, NJ. We'll be in cabin 6076 with Late Dining. We'll also be going from the cruise right to DL CA to stay for a few days, then it's back to NJ on May 30th.

:boat:

We'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on the cruise (a little early)!

Can't believe it's coming up SOON!

NEM said:
Hi Lynda,

Thanks for the warm welcome...my heart is in TX with my family, but my job (and therefore my income) is in SoCal....

I notice you use an ECV - I assume you own it. My mother has some mobility problems and I ususally rent her a ECV offsite for our stays at WDW, but I dont think that will work for this cruise as it is not roundtrip....

So, I guess I am asking if you have any information or know of any rental options that dont have to start and end at the same spot. I know it is a long shot, but I figure if I dont ask, I'll never know.

She can walk short distances, but I do worry about her getting around the ship and even more so for excursions.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I look forward to meeting you on the ship!!

Michelle - aka NEM

Hi Michelle
I was working in Sunnyvale when my job left for Austin...I've been exiled here for the past 20 years...rest of my family is in Oxnard and Pasadena.

I don't know of a one-way scooter renter but she might rent one in Texas, fly it to Orlando, take a lift-equipped shuttle to the port, use it on the cruise and take it back with her to Texas...is she returning to Texas? If the rental cost for all that time is prohibitive and you are anywhere near Austin, I could loan her my extra one. She could fly with it to Orlando, take a shuttle to the port...and on and on...DCL uses lift-equipped shuttles...I'll be using one...or, if you have other transport arrangements, the scooter breaks down.
Scooters fly free and the airport process is fairly simple, depending on the airline you use....and that's what I know about that. The scooter provider you would talk to in Port Canaveral about a one-way arrangement is Brevard Medical. They deliver to the ship and would probably pick up again at the airport...if you could find a DISer flying on to Port Canaveral who would take responsibility for it from Texas to PC.... Lots of IFs in that one...It would be interesting to see one person to try to schlep two scooters....Scooter towing luggage cart towing 2nd scooter...Waagonnn traainnn......
As far as excursions go, a scooter is pretty much useless in most touristy places out of the U.S.so she's gonna have to do some walking...Start practicing soon. On the 10-day Christmas cruise I spent a great deal of time urging the Shore Excursion honchos to think carefully about access when organizing the excursions for this repo cruise and I may have actually made an impact...We'll see. Cash is my supplemental walking assistance but tho he be big, he be not a horse and I can't walk very far... You might have your TA give DCL a heads up about your Mom's desire to be able to take part in excursions so they know I'm not the only voice in the wilderness....
:moped:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter