20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DAN said:
Regina,
How many men do you know of that will be wearing a tux? Did your husband consider a dress sport coat and slacks? What are your thoughts about the formal nights? It seemed to me that there weren't any men in March main dining that were wearing a tux.
Bill

At our table on the 10 day Xmas Cruise, we had 4 couples. Of the 4 men at the table, 2 wore tuxes for the formal nights, 1 wore a sport coat and tie, and 1 wore a sport coat and open collared shirt.

Ken

kpros said:
Linda, Kara, Leslie or Lynda

Do you have a picture of the back of the 10 Day cruise shirts. I don't have one of the back.

Ken
Hmmm...nope, but I could probably take one and post it. Just wouldn't be the fastest solution, since I have NO idea of how to post pics, :rolleyes1 .

DisneyDreamer8 said:
Same with us...we are still GTY and in the boiler room as well. But we will play tag...good excercise walking the stairs to where the rich and famous live on deck 6 :earboy2:

Me also! Just down with the steerage! :blush: I'm actually on a wait list to move on up, but somehow I doubt this is going to come through. I agree with the exersize on the stairs, I'm up for it.

Robin

kpros said:
At our table on the 10 day Xmas Cruise, we had 4 couples. Of the 4 men at the table, 2 wore tuxes for the formal nights, 1 wore a sport coat and tie, and 1 wore a sport coat and open collared shirt.

Ken
I would agree that you will see a mix. I have to say I saw a LOT more tuxes on the 10-day than I did on the normal 7-day cruises. Not sure if that was because of the holiday or because we had more formal nights and folks thought it was a better investment.

I would also agree that purchasing a tux is a good investment if you want to cruise more than twice on the 7 or more day trips with DCL. We purchased DH's tux from Men's Warehouse. Once you pay for the alterations once, you get free alterations for the life of the garment.

To answer one of the questions I saw, I suspect that we will have two formal nights and at least one semi-formal night. Could be two semi-formal nights though. We're gonna pack for two of each, just in case. For those of you who are new, the 10-day cruise was told one of each, but when we got on board, they had planned two formal nights and one semi-formal night, plus changed the days they had told us. Message is to plan for change... :flower1:

tap & dap said:
Would really like the design of the magnet on a tshirt, showing the map and all.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Oh yes! Jen, let us know when the design is on cafepress! How cool will this be!

Robin

moocow35 said:
Oh yes! Jen, let us know when the design is on cafepress! How cool will this be!

Robin
t-shirts! t-shirts! Would we all pick a color, or is it more fun to be a rainbow?

WebmasterRegina said:
Hey Robin! We've rented a car and driven to the port a few times. It's a nice drive

Regina! I'm glad you joined us! I reserved a car for those reasons, but....the Fairfield County drivers have made a chicken out of me! Too bad my fearless DD isn't old enough to drive a rental car yet! I'm still debating.....

Robin

Thanks Ken. Hey girls, how formal are you all going? Hey other guys, How many of you are going to wear a tux? What about it Bob?
Bill

karaeric said:
t-shirts! t-shirts! Would we all pick a color, or is it more fun to be a rainbow?

I was going to order a couple of colors.......but I think to all be the same at least for the first day would be fun!

Robin

3DAN said:
Thanks Ken. Hey girls, how formal are you all going? Hey other guys, How many of you are going to wear a tux? What about it Bob?
Bill

I got a somewhat formal gown on ebay recently, and am watching others... Darn work gets in the way of bidding!

Robin

Robin, I'm always so scared of buying that off ebay. What if the fit is just terrible? Have you been successful before?

3DAN said:
Bill
I have three different outfits I rotate through - all are easy to pack and don't really require pressing. Two of them are very dressy pants and top outfits and one is a more formal beaded dress. I bring one pair of heels that I can wear with all of them so I don't have to pack a ton of shoes.

As with men, you will see women wearing anything from ball gowns to sundresses on formal night. For semi-formal night, nice dresses are common.

3DAN said:
Bill

I bought a floor length gown and a shorter fancy dress for the formal nights, DH will wear a tux.

Then I have two semi-formal dresses and DH will wear his suit.

I don't get to dress up very often...ok only on cruises...so i'm taking this opportunity and running with it or should I say sailing :boat:

Remember that what you post will influence what the others bring, like me and my family. If everyone goes formal, it could really get magical on semi and formal night or it could just be okay.
Bill

Wow, everybody jumped in about tuxes. My DH will be wearing his good old black suit (smile). I haven't decided whether to go with a gown, or a slack outfit. It will depend on what will travel well. On the maiden voyage of the Magic, I spent way too much time ironing things, and don't want to make that mistake this go around!

Question: I've seen the magnet and t-shirt design, but not the button. Is that still on the drawing board... if not, where can I go to see it?

Thanks.

SandraLee said:
Robin, I'm always so scared of buying that off ebay. What if the fit is just terrible? Have you been successful before?

This is actually the first time I have purchased clothes for myself. Most listers will give pretty acurate measurements. I also sew, so I look closely at the garment to make sure the side seams are easy to get to. I must say, the dress I bought looks so much better in person than the photos, I was quite pleased!

Robin

SandraLee said:
BobandLee . . . Do you know if DCL would have been able to assign you a verandah cabin? I'm not thrilled with my cat 6 location (forward -- I want aft), but Dreams has said it is unable to change.

Any thoughts?
Can't tell you for sure. We asked if it was available and they gave us a price. We thought that the upgrade price of money and points was too much, so it stopped at that point. Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

3DAN said:
Bill
Well this Bob is unsure. I do not own one and have heard horror storries about the cruise rental tuxes (not fitting, missing pieces and disney is not responsible). I figure I have 12 weeks to make up my mind.
No Scott, I don't need that size 54 tux that you are trying to unload :D
Actually, I can't imagine Scott in a tux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter