20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regard to the Kingdom to Kingdom naming. Remember years ago when only Disneyland existed they had the "Magic Kingdom Club" that was a discount program. They put the same program in place at WDW. I know this because I used to handle the Club for our company. So the Kingdom was very prominent even with just Disneyland.

I talked to DCL and told them all our frustration on no information, they understand, but said there was litle they could do at this time. Hopefully a mailing in the future will happen, but they would not gurantee it.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Q's My Princess said:
I am clueless....what is Club 33?

Laurie
It is the only place inside of Disneyland where you can get alcohol.

It is an exclusive Club ... membership is expensive ... mostly corporations have memberships ... I think the waiting list is a couple of years long, and the cheapest membership is something like $10,000 at sign up and then $7,500 per year to renew.

danicaw said:
Tink33 - add me to the exercise thread.

Tea Drinkers - we have 15 on the list right now. From the conversation I had with DCL this morning the best thing they suggest is to have one person (who has everyones names and room numbers) attempt to make one large resservation for Tea. I am willing to attempt this, but I think we might want a back up plan. Maybe 2 or 3 smaller groups, just in case the larger one doesn't work out. Any thoughts folks?

Current High Tea list:
danicaw
kellib36 (2)
ImprovGal
Jin Diesel
JenKatt (2)
rcostello1
Lisa F
Hygiene99
videogal1
moocow35
TDC Nala
shellofclearh2o

It looks like a pretty group...We could draw names...or cabin numbers...anyone without a stateroom number could watch...
:rotfl:

Danica,

If there is a standby list for tea put us (Scott and Lynn) on it, Thanks, or we could just hang out side of Palo's and give you all the lost puppy look, while we drool. We don't have a stateroom number yet.

Yayyyy, I got a TOP!

Tink33 said:
Okay - we need a creative name and logo for our exercise group.

This guy looks like he is exercising :banana:

So far I have

Tink 33 - Lesley
Littlekid58 - Liz
Scott H - Scott & Lynn
Videogal1 - Lynda & Cash
Bonzie1- Georgie & Joe
Shellofclearh2o - Michelle
Danicaw - Danica
JenKatt - Jen & Jeff

Any and all levels of fitness are welcome.

ivanova said:
It is the only place inside of Disneyland where you can get alcohol.

It is an exclusive Club ... membership is expensive ... mostly corporations have memberships ... I think the waiting list is a couple of years long, and the cheapest membership is something like $10,000 at sign up and then $7,500 per year to renew.
WOW!...All that to have a martini with Dumbo?

What's Going On...

AKA TigfanJeff & Jenkatt..
Jeff & Jen = Door magnets gift to all..http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/door2.html

Jeff & Jen = Design to be posted online to be used for T Shirts ..http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/tshirt.html

Jeff & Jen = website with list of people and events to take place..
http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/ If You wish to be added you may
Gmail your info to. jenkatt@gmail.com

Jeff & Jen = Also on website location of rooms..
http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/deckplans.html

Karaeric = Wine tasting, Sponsored By Dreams Unlimited
you may pm them to be added to the list.. BYOW location to be announced
Folks are Bringing Regional Wines and there favorites for others to taste.

IMPORTANT There is a February 00,05 cut off date in order to make this happen.... to Be Determined Soon.. up to about 300 pins
Payment must be recieved Robin will pm you the info for payments..
she was going to Pay, the whole thing I talked her out of it.. Sorry..

Moocow35 = Pin for the Cruise, will be a limited edition Design, To be Designed By.
Ivanova / Susan / Dh/ David , of The Ship Of Fools Thread .
Pin cost per Pin is about $2.50 Depends the amount ordered ?

Here is the Pin design for this group, It is not final as of yet..and Feel it should Say First on it somehow...Suggestions
There will Need to be payment made for each pin before the order is placed.
there will a deadline as to when Robin can recieve payment's to get the order back to us in time.. Pins will be given out at the terminal and on the ship.. unless other arrangements are made.. Robin will contact and inform All of the info needed to make payment... to much money for one person to have to fork out..

http://www.geocities.com/experiment-626@sbcglobal.net/images/wrc-1.jpg
Please Private Message Robin with the amount you need..

We are looking For Someone to Take on this Task..
** Medallion.. This design can also be made into one ..**
If there is some intrest in this we would have to get a list going for that also... to be put on a key chain or worn at the end of a lanyard..?????
I Do not know the cost about same as pin ??
and the Same payment requests and hand out procedure as the pins will follow..

Bonzie1 = Has submitted a great design that you may wish to use
At your own Risk for whatever ...here is a link for that
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/da...PEGSC-thumb.jpg
And the more friendly version that will not step on Disney's copyrights..
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/...016108YaNGrVu0A

Q's My Princess = List of the Pirate names. You may PM them with your
pirate name..

Karaeric = Tag game if you wish to take part in this you may PM
them your info..

Disneydreamer8 = Sailaway Party list . you may PM your info...
2 meets scheduled one at 3pm and of course deck 10 as
as the ship leaves the port..

Seaulater = Palo Brunch Sat. or Sun. May 21 or 22 at 10 a.m. limited space
TBA.. Full

kellib36 = Also planning another Palo brunch TBA.. You may PM her..

Seaulater = Scrapbook meet, PM also. TBA

Bettemom = Scrapbook gift exchange, PM your info. at scrapbook Meet ?

BriSully = Button duty ?

Kpros / Spros = Name badges / lanyards Wow..to be handed out
in terminal and at the sailaway party's

kellib36 = Glow necklaces as Sailaway gift.. to be used on one
of the dark nights!! Another reason to Be on the list Mentioned above..

Scott H. = Castaway Cay Snorkle meet Adult Beach.. PM Him.
And Dont for get the Sun Screen..

Scott H. = Precruise get together at Saratoga Springs Resort BYOB 5/13/05
Friday. PM if intrested..
Time to be annouced, Subject to change !!

Rcostello1 = Fantasmic Viewing At Disneyland on the Saturday
you arrive Space is limited to 21 TBA PM if intrested.

ShellofclearH20 = will also be bringing a Special Surprise to sail-away party..
another reason to be on the List...

Hygiene99 = Surprise At Sailaway party 5:15 pmish

Hygiene99 = Group photo will arrange for Disney Photographer on a Sea day
Probably in Atrium Area. If You are on Jeff and jen's list, you Will be
contacted on the ship if room # provided

VideoGal1 = 5/13/04 Airport Hyatt dinner Meet .. You may PM her also..
Meet in lobby about 6 pm..

Hygiene99 = 5/12/04 Walt Disney World Meet.. Pm them.. TBA

Scott H. = Transportation to G/C Resort.. from the ship space is limited
pm for info. FULL Van..

BobandLee = The Great hammock Race at Castaway Cay. Pm Bob for more info.. head starts to be given ......space is limited ..

Tink33 = Walks around the deck, workout in the gym, swimming, dancing at the deck parties - every bit of exercise means more chocolate souffle. And I will think of a reward program for those that join us. pm if intrested. Any and all levels of fitness are welcome.

Danicaw = High tea list ..please PM, with your info we will need a head count
so reservations can be made on the ship , may have to be split into several groups.

???? = Linked Dining Late seating.

???? = Linked Dining Early seating.

?? = Card and Board games, pm them if you are intrested.

Tap & Dap = In charge of contacting DCL.. and letting them know
there are 250 Dis board frustrated Cruisers that want to know
What the Heck is going on... ??? Still no luck we see it as Part of the Fun..

Did I miss something or get something wrong ? Hey I make mistakes yes I do..
just let me know.. Peter

Also Some folks are staying at 2 of the most stayed at resorts at the Port
Ron Jons and the Radisson, no official meets have been Set up as of yet but Look for folks all day around the pool area's also several others at the Airport hyatt and plans are in works..

Dining Times,
I know that several people have linked there dining times
and have seen several people looking to fill tables for both early and late.
We however we like to take our chances Yikes on a 14 day cruise..
may rethink that.. it is a long time to be stuck with someone you may not be fond of... Pm me status of that and I will post..

Out of 7 cruises with DCL we have been lucky except for one and we feel dining is not just a time to eat food, these are like dinner shows !!
with something different going on each night... walked around going Man We have to dine with the GRISWALD'S Again.. Found ourselves going
Palo Would Be Great Again. Lets go Bug them.. And lets try Topsiders for Dinner.. There are some pretty unDisney educated people out there.. LOL
and yes it is fun to share tips with them..

Also Some Other Tid Bits We Know Of !!

PASSPORTS = Strongly suggested By Disney Cruise Line....
Debark in Cal will Be easier For those with.. we are getting them..
Here is a link you can get the application here have it all filled out the go to your local Post office that may offer this service..http://travel.state.gov/

5/14/05
Space shuttle launch at 4:11 pm, may change..
Also traffic could Be Heavy Getting to the port if you plan to drive allow extra time Locals are also planning on Leaving early so that tells you something..

We Also Feel strongly that the Route is going to be CHANGED
to give us one more day on shore and allow the magic to refuel and pick up supplies somewhere around Panama... Look For more on that..

Donald Ducky Williams, will be onboard and we will recieve 2 Lithographs
1 for going on the cruise and one for going thru the canal.
This has been said on other cruises by DDW ..

Canal Party= Allseastravel is hosting a party in the Roy Suite the day of the canal passing . for its customers.. We used Dreams ..

Some other fun stuff that has been done onboard ..
and not yet mentioned..

Was Just a Dis meet lunch in one of the dining rooms lot of fun..

Also We were lucky enough to sail on the Inaugural Western route.
they made big to do 's out of the Magic Stopping at there port
and We got Greated Very Warmly ... Bands, Music, and They gave you
stuff was great fun.. Dont forget to check the gift shop for those limited items...

This Post has been edited Several times to add more info.. Got Some ??

THE DISCLAIMER .. It is not Mandatory that you bring something for everybody, we all understand.. People do what they can with what they have .. for some folks this, Maybe there trip of a Lifetime.. and Maybe just making it Happen..
Please feel Free to Stop by at any of the events with or without something for People on the cruise.. Meeting you would Be the Best Gift of all..
Im sure I speak For All on this Thread.. Come on be part of the fun ...
We did not know of all this on our first cruise and Got welcomed by everyone. Reguardless.. Dont miss out.. 05/14/05 Repo Cruise Thread..

This may help some who are just lurking or not sure where to find some info..

updated.. at 5pm Monday Im No Winotracy that is For Sure LOL

Hey Everyone!! I am still here - I was taking pictures at a hockey tournament all weekend, and WOW - everyone has been busy - 15 pages!!!!!!

I have a button machine in my garage that is hooked to an air compressor - buttons are part of our photo packages. I am going to contact Bonzie1 about the original logo that was made for the button. I made buttons for a previous event at WDW, and since I donated the buttons, there wasn't a copyright issue. Once I get the design set, I can take names for the buttons.

Please put me down for 8 pins.

:cool1:

Brisully said:
Hey Everyone!! I am still here - I was taking pictures at a hockey tournament all weekend, and WOW - everyone has been busy - 15 pages!!!!!!

I have a button machine in my garage that is hooked to an air compressor - buttons are part of our photo packages. I am going to contact Bonzie1 about the original logo that was made for the button. I made buttons for a previous event at WDW, and since I donated the buttons, there wasn't a copyright issue. Once I get the design set, I can take names for the buttons.

Hooray Brisully!!! Thank you for having a button machine!
:cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1:

Brisully said:

Air compressor? Great idea. Ours here at the office is done the old fashioned way. My muscles ache just thinking about using it!

Linda

Hygiene99 said:
If there is some intrest in this we would have to get a list going for that also... to be put on a key chain or worn at the end of a lanyard..?????
A suggestion someone had on the Aug repo thread ... glue the medallion to the cover of a photo album :teeth:

Hygiene99 said:
What's Going On...

A medallion sounds like a great idea. It could be placed on tie bars, lapel pin, make button covers, scrapbooks, hats, etc.. Will this be a possibility to have made along with pins? Alex

first timers said:
Hygiene99 said:
What's Going On...

A medallion sounds like a great idea. It could be placed on tie bars, lapel pin, make button covers, scrapbooks, hats, etc.. Will this be a possibility to have made along with pins? Alex
Alex, yes the medallion can be ordered in addition to the pin. And if the medallion & pin remain identical (i.e. same size) it'll save on the se-up & model charges.

Tink33 said:
If no one is interested in leading the exercise group, I will do it. Walks around the deck, workout in the gym, swimming, dancing at the deck parties - every bit of exercise means more chocolate souffle. ;) And I will think of a reward program for those that join us.
:sunny: I love rewards! :sunny:
:earboy2: I love chocolate souffle! :earboy2:
:faint: But that exercise part, I don't know. Walks around the deck or watching others walk around the deck would be about the limit. :crazy2:
Maybe I could get by with some "Fins to the left" and "Fins to the right".

I was looking for pirate items and found these:

Pirate Mickey Ears

I thought they would be great for the pirate night. I will look for them when I go to Disneyland and will report back.

Bob, We will need to have some one count our laps.

> If the pin has the same design as the Aug repo cruise, it could be a different color combination. <

Oh, you can count on our pin being different... Kelli

Scott H said:
Bob, We will need to have some one count our laps.

Wow! Could I apply for that job?!?!? 1 drink = 1 lap Yeah, that's a cake job!!! :drinking1 :bored:

Kelli

Are you arranging a special DIS tea, or are you taking up a whole Palo afternoon tea with your reservations? I'm hyperventilating thinking that I won't get in for tea as I'm a tea junkie. ]

(Breathing into a paper bag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter