• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with ?Lynda? Wans't it you Lynda, that we should have the word "first" on the pin......we are ya know....... :earsboy:

For fun I went to my bookcase and pulled out my collector book published in 1979 "Disneyland The First Quarter Century" Right on the first page it starts out:

"What is Disneyland? For a quarter of a century, millions of people from every nation have visited Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom to find out for themselves. But Disneyland offers no definitive answer, because no two people leave the Magic Kingdom with exactly the same memories, experiences or impressions."

Almost forgot I had this book, very interesting with a lot of photos of the orange groves that once lived where now is the Magic Kingdom. Some of the pictures are a hoot, as I remember going on the air cushioned flying saucers, which are no longer there. Oh what a trip down memory lane at the Original Magic Kingdom!

Thanks Jeff and Jen!

Robin

if it's not too late and it's not filled up, I want tea. Yeah, tea.

invaderzim said:
Hi,

I am on the August Repo cruise and just saw a copy of your pin design and love it! Since I am a pin collector, would it be possible for you to put me on your list for five of them?

Thanks,

Cathy (Invaderzim)

Sure when finally design is decided . I Will post on August Repo thread
and will keep track of Fool's needing pins.. and we can work out the rest from there I Dont See a problem with this Since it was A Fool's Husband who has done the design For us.. was thinking something like this
Will get the amount of pins needed and have Winotracy give them out ??

Peter

invaderzim said:
Hi,

I am on the August Repo cruise and just saw a copy of your pin design and love it! Since I am a pin collector, would it be possible for you to put me on your list for five of them?

Thanks,

Cathy (Invaderzim)

Cathy, welcome! I sent you a PM.

We are now up to 262

Robin (aka Brunhilda Pink Toe pirate: )

Congratulations to Rosie Colvin, Brandon Gorin, Gene Mruczkowski, Matt Light and the rest of the New England Patriots--- Super Bowl XXXIX Champions

invaderzim said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Cathy (Invaderzim)

Remember what I said pages ago????

That will be at a cost of $20 each!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

John + Susan,

Thanks so much for your efforts! The pin is wonderful. After spending 8 hours this weekend finding pictures, cropping, centering, savind + uploading, etc., just for buttons, I can only imagine the hours you've invested on this pin. The design and detailing speak for itself... so creative, just beautiful! Thanks so much for using your talents and time. :goodvibes

There will always be "just one more" suggestion, "just one more thing" to add or change... that one change will then grow into more... The design is great. I wouldn't change a thing.

Now, break away from your computer, and get a bite to eat!
Georgie

seaulater said:
Remember what I said pages ago????

That will be at a cost of $20 each!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Omg you guys are too much! I have to get to bed so I can be human for work tomorrow, and I'm afraid that I will have too many pages to read when I get home tomorrow night!

Robin

bonzie1 said:
As the time gets closer... maybe we can plan to get a group picture. I'm sure Disney's professional photographers will be around...
Sounds like a good idea. Better than on the last Members Cruise where almost everyone from the ship was on the beach for the picture. I could almost pick us out on the picture. :rotfl: Needless to say, we did not buy that one.

BobandLee said:
Sounds like a good idea. Better than on the last Members Cruise where almost everyone from the ship was on the beach for the picture. I could almost pick us out on the picture. :rotfl: Needless to say, we did not buy that one.

On the Christmas Cruise we all met in the atrium at the designated time (5 p.m.) on Monday the 20th and the ship's photographer came and took the pictures. He ran up one floor and took it from above. I'll have to post a copy so everyone can see.

Okay, headed to bed. One more day closer!

Linda

EpcotKilterFan said:
Ok, during the Super Bowl I am thinking about the pin design (take breaks to watch watch the commercials :rotfl2: )

Susan and/or her husband will probably hate me after this pin design :flower:

Instead of Kingdom to Kingdom - Taking the Magic First through the canal. THere should be something about the canal

If we keep "Kingdom to Kingdom" the font could be easier to read. I compeletly understand what he was doing there

And is the rim color black? Or is it dark blue? (Hard to tell on my monitor)

These are just suggestions, and even if it does not change, it is a great pin!

It kinda reminds me of the logo for Survivor..... Surviving the Canal Voyage LOL :rotfl:

Thanks for listening!!!

Debbie
rim color can be any color - this is a prototype - I think right now it's black

yeah, it does kinda look Survivor'ish ;)

BTW, DH is thinking a silver metal for the pin, let us know what you think.

kellib36 said:
I agree with ?Lynda? Wans't it you Lynda, that we should have the word "first" on the pin......we are ya know....... :earsboy:

Yep...I just thought primacy was more important than direction...pin-wise, that is....
:flower:

ivanova said:
Okay here it is (now maybe he'll start work on the chili :) )

Note how the center "kingdom to kingdom" is actually an ambigram ... it reads the same right side up and upside down.

wrc-1.jpg

Let me know what y'all think.....

DH (John) is willing to make changes if you want - or to start over from scratch
just moving up since it will be topic for some..

What's Going On...

AKA tigfanjeff & Jenkatt..
Jeff & Jen = Door magnets gift to all..http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/door2.html

Jeff & Jen = Design to be posted online to be used for T Shirts ..http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/tshirt.html

Jeff & Jen = website with list of people and events to take place..
http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/ If You wish to be added you may
Gmail your info to. jenkatt@gmail.com

Jeff & Jen = Also on website location of rooms..
http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/deckplans.html

Karaeric = Wine tasting, Sponsored By Dreams Unlimited
you may pm them to be added to the list.. BYOW

Moocow35 = Pin for the Cruise, will be a limited edition Design, To be by
Ivanova / Susan / Dh/ david , of The Ship Of Fools thread .
Design has not been released yet.. But some great ideas
here is a link to picture of the pin designed For August repo.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture...e3/f53d37c1.jpg

Here is the pin design for this group it is not final as of yet..
http://www.geocities.com/experiment...mages/wrc-1.jpg

Bonzie1 = Has submitted a great design that you may wish to use
At your own Risk for whatever ...here is a link for that
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/da...PEGSC-thumb.jpg
And the more friendly version that will not step on Disney's copyrights..
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/...016108YaNGrVu0A

Q's My Princess = List of the Pirate names. You may pm them also with your
pirate name..

Karaeric = Tag game if you wish to take part in this you may pm
them your info..

Disneydreamer8 = Sailaway Party list . you may pm your info...
2 meets scheduled one at 3pm and of course deck 10 as
as the ship leaves the port..

Seaulater = Palo Brunch Sat. or Sun. May 21 or 22 at 10 a.m. limited space
TBA..
kellib36 = Also planning another Palo brunch TBA.. You may pm her..

Seaulater = Scrapbook meet Pm also. TBA

Bettemom = Scrapbook gift exchange pm your info. at scrapbook Meet ?

BriSully = Button duty ?

Kpros / Spros = Name badges / lanyards Wow..to be handed out
in terminal and at the sailaway party's

kellib36 = Glow necklaces as Sailaway gift.. to be used on one
of the dark nights!!

Scott H. = Castaway Cay Snorkle meet Adult Beach.. Pm Him.
He has a list for that..

Scott H. = Precruise get together at Saratoga Springs Resort BYOB 5/13/05 Friday.
Time to be annouced, Subject to change !!

Rcostello1 = Fantasmic Viewing At Disneyland on the Saturday
you arrive Space is limited to 21 and time is yet to be
announced !!

ShellofclearH20 = will also be bringing a Special Surprise to sail-away party..

Hygiene99 = Surprise At Sailaway party 5:15 pmish

Hygiene99 = Group photo will arrange for Disney Photographer on a Sea day
Probably in Atrium Area. If You are on Jeff and jen's list, you Will be
contacted on the ship if room # provided

VideoGal1 = 5/13/04 Airport Hyatt dinner Meet .. You may PM her also..
Meet in lobby about 6 pm..

Hygiene99 = 5/12/04 Walt Disney World Meet.. Pm them.. TBA

Scott H. = Transportation to G/C Resort.. from the ship space is limited
pm for info. FULL Van..

BobandLee = The Great hammock Race at Castaway Cay. Pm Bob for more info.. head starts to be given ......space is limited ..

Tink33 = Walks around the deck, workout in the gym, swimming, dancing at the deck parties - every bit of exercise means more chocolate souffle. And I will think of a reward program for those that join us. pm if intrested.

Danicaw = High tea list ..please pm with your info we will need a head count
so reservations can be made on the ship , may have to be split into several groups.

?? = Card and Board games, pm them if you are intrested.

Tap & Dap = In charge of contacting DCL.. and letting them know
there are 250 Dis board frustrated Cruisers that want to know
What the Heck is going on... ??? :sad2:

Did I miss something or get something wrong ? Hey I make mistakes yes I do..
just let me know.. Peter

Also Some folks are staying at 2 of the most stayed at resorts at the Port
Ron Jons and the Radisson, no official meets have been Set up as of yet but Look for folks all day around the pool area's also several others at the Airport hyatt and plans are in works..

Dining Times,
I know that several people have linked there dining times
and have seen several people looking to fill tables for both early and late.
We however we like to take our chances Yikes on a 14 day cruise..
may rethink that.. it is a long time to be stuck with someone you may not be fond of... Pm me status of that and I will post..

Out of 7 cruises with DCL we have been lucky except for one and we feel dining is not just a time to eat food, these are like dinner shows !!
with something different going on each night... walked around going Man We have to dine with the GRISWALD'S Again.. Found ourselves going
Palo Would Be Great Again. Lets go Bug them.. And lets try Topsiders for Dinner.. There are some pretty unDisney educated people out there.. LOL
and yes it is fun to share tips with them.. :grouphug:

Also Some Other Tid Bits We Know Of !!

PASSPORTS = Strongly suggested By Disney Cruise Line....
Debark in Cal will Be easier For those with.. we are getting them..

5/14/05
Space shuttle launch at 4:11 pm, may change..
Also traffic could Be Heavy Getting to the port if you plan to drive allow extra time Locals are also planning on Leaving early so that tells you something..

We Also Feel strongly that the Route is going to be CHANGED
to give us one more day on shore and allow the magic to refuel and pick up supplies somewhere around Panama... Look For more on that..

Donald Ducky Williams, will be onboard and we will recieve 2 Lithographs
1 for going on the cruise and one for going thru the canal.
This has been said on other cruises by DDW ..

Canal Party Allseastravel is hosting a party in the Roy Suite the day of the canal passing . for its customers.. We used Dreams ..

Some other fun stuff that has been done onboard ..
and not yet mentioned..

Was Just a Dis meet lunch in one of the dining rooms lot of fun..

Also We were lucky enough to sail on the Inaugural Western route.
they made big to do 's out of the Magic Stopping at there port
and We got Greated Very Warmly ... bands, Music, and They gave you
stuff was great fun.. Dont forget to check the gift shpo for those limited items...

This Post has been edited Several times to add more info.. Got Some ??

This may help some who are just lurking or not sure where to find some info..

updated..

Hygiene99 . . . What makes you think the route will be changed? There are a few places near the canal that I would love to see. Have you heard any good rumors??

Sandra

Peter great job on putting the list together, Awesome compilation. Thanks for keeping it updated.

Give us a hint on the surprise, Please............. just a little hint, please............

I know I know, if you did it wouldn't be a surprise.

FYI, Curacao is a port known for resupplying cruise and freight ship with fuel as there is a major refinery on Curacao. I agree that the route is subject to change and I also feel we will see a change, no reason why just feel it.

Our Van to GC is full so you could scratch that off the list or leave it as a reminder to others.

Off to work, have to pay for Lynn's overstock habit.

If possible, please put me down for 4 pins! I had a lot of catching up to do...WHEW!!! Hope everyone has a better week than mine is starting out to be!

Kim

Hygiene99 said:
What's Going On...

We Also Feel strongly that the Route is going to be CHANGED
to give us one more day on shore and allow the magic to refuel and pick up supplies somewhere around Panama... Look For more on that..

We on the August Repo cruise DO wish the itinerary would change. When they took away Puerto Quetzel, they gave you a "replacement port" (Mazatlan), but opted instead to give us "overnight" in Acapulco. With the ship leaving at 7:30 a.m. the next morning, that amounts to little more than just another day at sea. We have been campaigning for another port since we now end up with 8 days at sea (9 if you count not actually getting off in Panama). Not that many of us don't love our days at sea, but for a 14-day cruise we were hoping to see more than 3 ports plus CC!

I'll keep an eye on your page to see if you hear anything first. :cool1:

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter