2 Kids,2 Dogs,1200 Miles: 2 More Weeks in FL 2 - Finished with a Blast! P40

Nice update! The modelling pics are great and I love the idea of sticking umbrellas in the drinks! :thumbsup2

Totally impressed with the shrimp peel fort! :laughing:

Love the last update! We have ohanas on our list of must do restaurants for the next trip. Can't wait! I now translate ohana as unlimited meat. My husband and son will be in heaven! My daughter, not so much but as long as they have bread and good desserts, she'll be happy!

Caught up on another one! :cool1:

We've never been to Ohana...may have to try to sneak that one on to out list. :scratchin

In addition to the rudeness/inappropriateness of the CMs comments at Star Tours.....just exactly how did (s)he think Madison got all the way up there by herself?? Last time I was there at least 2...maybe 3 CMs asked me how many were in my party. Wouldn't one of them had thought...hey this little girl is all by herself, maybe we should find her parent before we get her all the way to the door to load? :sad2: And from the sounds of it, if you get closer than about a foot away you could suffer some collateral damage from spontaneous Madison dancing. :banana: ;)

Among the many great pictures I think my favorites are Evan vs the Creature from the Yellow Dole Whip; and either Madison with her lei bracelet (leilet??) or with the beignet sugar all over her face.

Did I read that you are going back in August? We are still in the early stages of thinking of about when to go this year....if all of the boys want to go, it will have to be August again. If they don't, then we can go whenever we want. Hopefully Sean will be starting a teaching job and won't be able to go (not that we don't want him to go...but really want him to find a job!), Ryne would go in a heartbeat...and he has no schedule, so can go any time, Mark is taking a Pre-summer class and will probably coach softball in the summer. We'll see!

I'm late to the party but I'm joining this TR anyway. I grew up in Milwaukee so I love to read TRs from fellow Wisconsinites!

Nice update! The modelling pics are great and I love the idea of sticking umbrellas in the drinks! :thumbsup2
Thanks! I have very creative kids. Or they were bored and wanted to destroy things. Same difference, right?

Totally impressed with the shrimp peel fort! :laughing:

Love the last update! We have ohanas on our list of must do restaurants for the next trip. Can't wait! I now translate ohana as unlimited meat. My husband and son will be in heaven! My daughter, not so much but as long as they have bread and good desserts, she'll be happy!
Thanks. Every time I think about the food at Ohana, I try to come up with a favorite. But everything is so good there I can never decide!

Caught up on another one! :cool1:

We've never been to Ohana...may have to try to sneak that one on to out list. :scratchin
You won't be sorry!

In addition to the rudeness/inappropriateness of the CMs comments at Star Tours.....just exactly how did (s)he think Madison got all the way up there by herself?? Last time I was there at least 2...maybe 3 CMs asked me how many were in my party. Wouldn't one of them had thought...hey this little girl is all by herself, maybe we should find her parent before we get her all the way to the door to load? :sad2: And from the sounds of it, if you get closer than about a foot away you could suffer some collateral damage from spontaneous Madison dancing. :banana: ;)
Excellent point! If music starts up*, you need to watch out!

*Music not necessary.

Did I read that you are going back in August? We are still in the early stages of thinking of about when to go this year....if all of the boys want to go, it will have to be August again. If they don't, then we can go whenever we want. Hopefully Sean will be starting a teaching job and won't be able to go (not that we don't want him to go...but really want him to find a job!), Ryne would go in a heartbeat...and he has no schedule, so can go any time, Mark is taking a Pre-summer class and will probably coach softball in the summer. We'll see!
Yes, Bambi's friend is having a Disney Wedding in August. Bambi is Matron on Honor, Madison is flower girl, Evan ring bearer. I'm an "invited guest" :rotfl2:

I'm late to the party but I'm joining this TR anyway. I grew up in Milwaukee so I love to read TRs from fellow Wisconsinites!
Welcome! It's never too late to join in!

Yes, Bambi's friend is having a Disney Wedding in August. Bambi is Matron on Honor, Madison is flower girl, Evan ring bearer. I'm an "invited guest" :rotfl2:

Ryder is the invited guest. You are the official babysitter. Just don't sit on the baby.

Ryder is the invited guest. You are the official babysitter. Just don't sit on the baby.

Technically, without an assigned role, you and Ryder don't even need to be at the wedding. I vote for dropping off everyone else and heading straight for the parks. :thumbsup2

We finished up at Ohana at about 7pm, meaning we had 2 hours before the Independence Day fireworks would begin firing. Bambi took her parents and the kids on the Monorail to the Grand Floridian so they could walk back to the Poly, stopping at the Wedding Pavilion on the way back. Yes, we're already married, but Bambi's BFF (I can't believe I just typed that. I'm a 30 something year old man for Pete's Sake) is getting married there in August. As mentioned earlier, Bambi is Matron of Honor, Madison is Flower Girl, Evan is Ring Bearer. Ryder is an invited guest. I'm making sure the kids don't blow something up and eating free food.

Anyway, while they all went off on the Highway in the Sky, I walked down to the Poly Beach to see if I could stake out a spot. I checked out the main beach, right in front of the Great Cerimonial House, and it was already packed. Every beach chair was taken, as was just about every square foot of water front sand. The grassy hill to the East of the beach was filling quickly, as was the area behind the walkway. Disney even had some vending carts set up - soda, ice cream, food. Clearly, they were expecting a large crowd.

I wandered around to the smaller beach in front of the Luau shelter and found it pretty well empty yet. I gathered up a few chaise lounges and pulled them to the water's edge and made myself comfy. After a little bit, the rest of the family found me.

So, how do we kill almost 2 hours? We're on a beach - we enjoy it!

IMG_8127.JPG

IMG_8134.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8142.JPG

While the grandparents played with the kids, Bambi and I took a walk over to the Grand Floridian and checked it out. Looks like a really nice resort. I'd never shell out the $$$ to stay there. Maybe once they finish the DVC portion of it.

People were already filling up the dock and other fireworks viewing areas there, too.

IMG_8153.JPG

On the way back, we poked around the Wedding Pavilion and found just about the coolest cake topper ever.

IMG_8148.JPG

IMG_8150.JPG

The grassy knoll was filling up, and every pontoon at the Polynesian marina was decked out and preparing for private fireworks cruises.

IMG_8152.JPG

IMG_8168.JPG

The top of the Wedding Pavilion.
IMG_8177.JPG

As you can see, the clouds were rolling in. I kept checking the forecast on my phone, and it wasn't calling for rain, so we stayed put.

IMG_8178.JPG

Darkness was falling. Fireworks soon!

IMG_8181.JPG

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8188.JPG

The beach was filling in and as you can see from the picture above, it looks like the Electrical Water Pageant floats were being pulled out into the lagoon. This was kind of confusing, since Disney was just about to shoot off some of the biggest fireworks of the year. Who would really want to see the Electrical Water Pageant during that?

Coming Up in the Next Post: Stuff Blows Up!

The following post will be mostly word-free so I can bring you fireworks pictures, uninterrupted by my mostly inane babbling. So without further ado: Walt Disney World's Independence Day Fireworks!

IMG_8199.JPG

IMG_8202.JPG

IMG_8203.JPG

We were pleasantly surprised to see that the floats were not for the Electrical Water Pageant. Disney sent out a few more Stars and Stripes to make the night just a little more patriotic.

IMG_8211.JPG

IMG_8215.JPG

IMG_8217.JPG

IMG_8219.JPG

IMG_8220.JPG

IMG_8222.JPG

IMG_8224.JPG

IMG_8225.JPG

IMG_8227.JPG

IMG_8228.JPG

You may find this hard to believe, but yes, they were all choreographed to patriotic music, ending with the Star Spangled Banner. I'll admit it, I got chills. It was an awesome, awesome show and I have no regrets that we drove down to Florida in the middle of the summer, braved Holiday weekend crowds at Walt Disney World and waited around on a beach for 2 hours. TOTALLY. WORTH. IT.

Up Next: Another park that was not even close to being totally worth it.

WOW! What beautiful shots. I can only imagine what a fantastic fireworks show that must have been.

BTW, I love the name Ryder. Can't wait to hear about the wedding in Ryder's first Disney trip.

I will get to see those for myself this year. :cool1:

If they are anything near the NYE fireworks I totally agree. TOTALLY. WORTH. IT.

Bambi took her parents and the kids on the Monorail to the Grand Floridian so they could walk back to the Poly, stopping at the Wedding Pavilion on the way back.
Wow, you really did eat too much if you couldn't even roll yourself onto the monorail.

Yes, we're already married, but Bambi's BFF (I can't believe I just typed that. I'm a 30 something year old man for Pete's Sake)
:sad2:

I'm making sure the kids don't blow something up and eating free food.
I don't follow this logic. Why would you try to keep them from blowing something up. I understand keeping them from hurting anybody, but why ruin all the fun?:confused3

Anyway, while they all went off on the Highway in the Sky, I walked down to the Poly Beach to see if I could stake out a spot.
Oh, so that's why you stayed. Bambi let you be the spot holder this time. :lmao:

I wandered around to the smaller beach in front of the Luau shelter and found it pretty well empty yet. I gathered up a few chaise lounges and pulled them to the water's edge and made myself comfy.
:thumbsup2

Looks like a really nice resort. I'd never shell out the $$$ to stay there. Maybe once they finish the DVC portion of it.
I don't know... I walked in the lobby there once and felt underdressed. Not sure I can ever see myself staying there.:rotfl2:

Coming Up in the Next Post: Stuff Blows Up!
[/QUOTE]
It's about time!!! :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:

The following post will be mostly word-free so I can bring you fireworks pictures, uninterrupted by my mostly inane babbling. So without further ado: Walt Disney World's Independence Day Fireworks!
Great pictures! It looks like they shoot off the fireworks from all around the park the way they do for the parties, right?

We were pleasantly surprised to see that the floats were not for the Electrical Water Pageant. Disney sent out a few more Stars and Stripes to make the night just a little more patriotic.
Nice effect. Only at Disney World.

It was an awesome, awesome show and I have no regrets that we drove down to Florida in the middle of the summer, braved Holiday weekend crowds at Walt Disney World and waited around on a beach for 2 hours. TOTALLY. WORTH. IT.
I remember the time we went to EPCOT and watched Illuminations on the 4th... I guess we should have done the beach at the Poly instead. :headache: :sad2: Looks like it was a great show. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

:scared1:

Yes, we're already married, but Bambi's BFF (I can't believe I just typed that. I'm a 30 something year old man for Pete's Sake)

OMG! ROFL!

(Those are the only acronyms I know)

As mentioned earlier, Bambi is Matron of Honor, Madison is Flower Girl, Evan is Ring Bearer. Ryder is an invited guest. I'm making sure the kids don't blow something up and eating free food.

I think you have the best part of that deal. No responsibility whatsoever. :thumbsup2

I wandered around to the smaller beach in front of the Luau shelter and found it pretty well empty yet. I gathered up a few chaise lounges and pulled them to the water's edge and made myself comfy. After a little bit, the rest of the family found me.

Looks like a good spot. Nice work.

You got some great pictures here.

While the grandparents played with the kids, Bambi and I took a walk over to the Grand Floridian and checked it out. Looks like a really nice resort. I'd never shell out the $$$ to stay there. Maybe once they finish the DVC portion of it.

I still like the themes better at other resorts.

The grassy knoll was filling up,

Was there any room in the book depository? :confused3

[/B] Stuff Blows Up!

:woohoo::cool1::banana::yay:

"Celebrate your country's independence by blowing up a small portion of it."

Cool! I won't bother re-posting the great pictures, because they're all great. Looks awesome!

You may find this hard to believe, but yes, they were all choreographed to patriotic music, ending with the Star Spangled Banner.

:eek:

I'll admit it, I got chills. It was an awesome, awesome show and I have no regrets that we drove down to Florida in the middle of the summer, braved Holiday weekend crowds at Walt Disney World and waited around on a beach for 2 hours. TOTALLY. WORTH. IT.

Totally glad to hear it!

Not so glad to hear that. :headache:

You got some great pictures! I LOVE the one of Madison and Evan in front of the castle - so cool!

Just reading about the fireworks was amazing. I'd love to be there for that show! Maybe we'll have to brave the 4th at some point...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter