2 Kids,2 Dogs,1200 Miles: 2 More Weeks in FL 2 - Finished with a Blast! P40

FreezinRafiki

Cold enough for ya?
Ah, my fifth Trip Report. (If you haven't read the previous four, they're all linked in my signature.) Also, the third driving trip, so I decided to dust the mothballs off of the "2 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1200 Miles" moniker. I spiffed her up a bit with the "Patriotic Edition" because we were down at Walt Disney World over the 4th of July. She still looks pretty good for having that many miles on her, don't you think?

The downside to this being my 5th TR is that I'm running out of fresh themes. My last one was the surprise trip to Walt Disney World after a Houston vacation. The one before that was a trip where we took friends who had never been to Disney before. Then of course you have the two that started it all - the original "2 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1200 Miles" and it's sequel, "Cheese ball yak attack!"

So I'm facing a conundrum. How to do I inject enough spark into this report to keep it interesting? I mean, you can only say "then we went from Peter Pan to It's a Small World" so many times. I need a hook, a catch, some kind of overarching theme to set this TR apart from the others. I have a few ideas...we'll see which one takes root.

Also bearing down on me is that other item in my signature: 61 days until our first cruise. I want - no, I need - to finish this report before then. So, how do I squeeze 2 weeks of Florida Fun (not just Walt Disney World Fun, although there was plenty of that as well) into 60 days? Well, for one, I need to quit yaking and get to typing.

Or better yet, get to posting pictures:

IMG_8060.JPG

That's us at the Polynesian, all fancied up in our Independence Day gear. I'll explain why we were there later, but I'll let you know right off the bat that we didn't stay there.

After 4 completed trip reports, many of you probably know who we are already. But for those new comers, I'll make sure you are all caught up to speed with the class.

Right to left, we have:
Barry (me!). Trip Report Narrator Extraordinaire! (Well, it sounds better than "That guy who writes those mildly amusing trip reports")
Evan (DS4). Official Son of the Trip Report Narrator Extraordinaire. Sports, dirt, breaking things, bugs & lizards, high energy - any "little boy" stereotype you can think of, he will probably fit it.
Madison (DD 6). Official Daughter of the Trip Report Narrator Extraordinaire. Pink & Purple, Princesses, dolls, lace. Again, think of any "little girl" stereotype, she's the epitome of it.
Bambi (DW). Official Wife of the Trip Report Narrator Extraordinaire. Don't bother thinking of any stereotypes here. She's just plain awesome in every way.

Several others will be introduced as I get around to them. It's not like they're secondary characters or anything, but they just missed the cutoff for first post prestige.

So, I'll leave you here temporarily while I put the finishing touches on my last trip report. We'll then gather back here around the fire as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us... to share the light... and to share a story. An amazing story as old as time itself, but still being written. *

*Sharpe eyed readers will realize that I totally ripped that off from Jim Cumming's monologue before Illuminations.

Table of Contents
Time to Saddle Up and Ride
Keeping Our [Van] Cool
In which we drive further away from Disney World
Let the Magic Begin!
A Magic Kingdom Afternoon
The End of Our First Day at Disney
A Day at SeaWorld in 1 Entry
And the Rain Rain Rain came Down Down Down
Riding Out the Storm
Typhoon Lagoon - with a real typhoon!
Mickey's Backyard BBQ I
Mickey's Backyard BBQ II
It's time to take over the Tri-State Area!
DHS Continued...
More Magic Kingdom
More Magic Kingdom Part 2
More Magic Kingdom Part 3
Animal Kingdom & Garden Grill
Animal Kingdom & Garden Grill Part 2
Independence Day Morning
Chow Time!
The Calm Before the Storm
Blowing Stuff Up in the Name of Patriotism.
Off Property. WAY off Property
Gatorland, Vol 1
Gatorland, Vol 2
Gatorland, Vol 3 "The dumbest thing I've ever done"
Gatorland, Vol 4 "But I get to hold the snake"
A Major time in the Minors
The Flight

Reporting for duty, sir. ;)

Seriously, I'm thrilled for another Barry trip report.

I'm in :) Can't wait to hear about this trip :) Btw I have followed along on you other TR's and enjoyed them :) I noticed that you live in southeastern wisconsin, I live in Northeastern Illinois and often go by racine on my way to milwaukee, door county and sometimes a day trip to cedarburg wisconsin. I almost went to school at carthage which is right by there.

Joining in! Can't wait to hear more adventures from your crew. And as for "sparking" it up.....I'm not worried....if all else fails just throw some pictures of your kids up there doing what they do and it will sparkle!

I'm in!!! Hey, I'm okay with any ripped-off Illuminations references! (I was trying to awkwardly add in some reference to "We Go On" to that previous sentence, but it wasn't really working...oh well...:laughing:)

Here! I will read after the kiddies are in bed.

Another FreezinRafiki trip report? Ok, I'm in. I must be a sucker for pun-ishment.

So I'm facing a conundrum. How to do I inject enough spark into this report to keep it interesting? I mean, you can only say "then we went from Peter Pan to It's a Small World" so many times. I need a hook, a catch, some kind of overarching theme to set this TR apart from the others. I have a few ideas...we'll see which one takes root.

I have some ideas but we know you won't listen. So in your punness at least don't forget the major details (or the minor ones).

I'm in!!! Hey, I'm okay with any ripped-off Illuminations references! (I was trying to awkwardly add in some reference to "We Go On" to that previous sentence, but it wasn't really working...oh well...:laughing:)

Ok I'll try

Totally loving the Illunimations reference and that "we go on" your trip with you. :confused3

Glad to be here.

Late to the party, but along for the ride :thumbsup2

Now… someone pass that tub of cheeseballs on over this way so I can get a big ol’ hand full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter