2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Thank-you Michaela, John, Natalie, Paula, Andrea, and Beth for all your best wishes and prayers (hope I haven't missed thanking anyone).

I spent about 5 hours with my Grandpa last evening, and then he passed away in the night with my mother (his daughter), by his side. No one thought he would go that fast, but he is pain free and in heaven with Grandma now.

Thanks again everyone for your support! :grouphug:

so glad to hear that you spent some time with your grandfather. Those are special moments so keep those in your heart. still praying
Andrea

along the same lines of finding it hard to work when we are days away from cruise, is anyone else finding it hard to work out? at this point, I give up. I was talking to DH tonight and my birthday is next week, we leave next Friday and I can't see us eating right while we are on ship. I guess I will go hard core on working out when we get back, lol :)

Nicole - I'm so very sorry about your grandpa, but glad that you got to spend some time with him. Sounds like he was very lucky to have a granddaughter like you. :hug:

- Lori -

along the same lines of finding it hard to work when we are days away from cruise, is anyone else finding it hard to work out? at this point, I give up. I was talking to DH tonight and my birthday is next week, we leave next Friday and I can't see us eating right while we are on ship. I guess I will go hard core on working out when we get back, lol :)

You know what motivates me? Putting my suit on. I don't need more motivation than that but if I did all I would have to do is jumping jacks in my suit in front of the mirror. I'd be at the gym in less than a minute :rotfl2:.

I am trying to lose as much as I can now because I know once I'm on the cruise I will gain everything I lose now (and then some). I do run while on the cruise but I eat and drink whatever I want. (And enjoy every last bite!)

- Julie

You know what motivates me? Putting my suit on. I don't need more motivation than that but if I did all I would have to do is jumping jacks in my suit in front of the mirror. I'd be at the gym in less than a minute :rotfl2:.

I am trying to lose as much as I can now because I know once I'm on the cruise I will gain everything I lose now (and then some). I do run while on the cruise but I eat and drink whatever I want. (And enjoy every last bite!)

- Julie

I'm right there with you Julie!!!! I made chocolate covered strawberries for Super Bowl and ate WAY too many!! It made me want to pig out so for motivation I tried on my skinny jeans for the first time in over a year and it was fun!! No more cheating until I get on board!

Last night I downloaded lots of free WDW apps and free Disney games including trivia apps. I haven't had time to check them out yet. Tonight I hope to finish hemming my formal and hand wash it. I'd better get back to work...

SunshineCruiser said:
Thank-you Michaela, John, Natalie, Paula, Andrea, and Beth for all your best wishes and prayers (hope I haven't missed thanking anyone).

I spent about 5 hours with my Grandpa last evening, and then he passed away in the night with my mother (his daughter), by his side. No one thought he would go that fast, but he is pain free and in heaven with Grandma now.

Thanks again everyone for your support! :grouphug:

I'm sorry for your loss. My MIL was like that - given two weeks, and lasted a day. Then given 24 hours and lasted a couple hours.

While I'm worried about fog I will admit that I'm disappointed that the weather looks "cool" for next Friday. OK, 60 degrees is a huge step up from the 10-20 degrees we've been having here but maybe not warm enough for swimming. I read that if the air temp is below 70 degrees the pools are heated. Is this true? Do they heat the water for the splash bad too?

Thank you so much to everyone here who have shared their stories, prayers and condolences. It's nice to know we'll be on the cruise with such caring people. You have all been so great.

Now, I have heard a few people mention that they are not good with names, but I can assure you all that I am the worst. My daughter dances with a girl whose mother after a couple of years, actually warned me that she was going to start testing me every time she saw me to see if I could remember her name. It took that warning to finally commit her name to memory, and I remembered her name all through dance competition season and through the summer, but I haven't seen her in a few months, and at this moment I can't for the life of me think of what it is. To make matters worse I am not great with faces either, luckily my husband is usually there to help me out. I'm sure I'll remember a few of you, but when I look clueless, please know that I actually do want to talk to you, and I am not being rude, so please just come say hi.

It is going to be a great cruise - thanks again. Have a good evening :)

Nicole

So very sorry for your loss.

DD6 asked last night before bed if we could look at pictures of the rooms on the ship when she gets home from school today. Yep, she's got it as bad as me! :rolleyes1 She actually cried when she got off the ship after her first cruise (she was only 3!). princess: She's already talking about her "new friends" because I've told her there are other kids her age on here. I may as well get her a DIS sign-on now I think! :woohoo:

My Beckett (2) is my Disney lover. He knows every character, watches movies non-stop, can navigate DL, wants to always be wearing D clothes. Each night he asks to watch YouTube videos and every time he sees a DCL commercial he starts jumping up and down screaming, "that's my ship, that's my Mickey ship". I can't wait to see his reaction. Keaton's (4) too. This is going to be the best vacation. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a vacation.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Melissa

I❤MICKEY;47420307 said:
My Beckett (2) is my Disney lover. He knows every character, watches movies non-stop, can navigate DL, wants to always be wearing D clothes. Each night he asks to watch YouTube videos and every time he sees a DCL commercial he starts jumping up and down screaming, "that's my ship, that's my Mickey ship". I can't wait to see his reaction. Keaton's (4) too. This is going to be the best vacation. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a vacation.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Melissa

That is too cute! My 3-year-old calls in the "Mickey Ship" too. She's been asking for months when we're going on the Mickey ship! :-)

I have online meetings all day today so I plan to turn the volume up and work on my last FE gifts today!:surfweb: Hopefully my fish extender will be here soon!! I'm getting anxious!

I'm not ready.
Regina

Neither am I! :scared1:

But that's OK, because we have 9 more days! :cool1:

lightbox

Y'all know what today is, right...? Because Tyler Dean and I were doing this at 6am this morning. It's finally, finally time for...

THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

OMG, I can't believe we're down to only 9 days... I realized that between the FEE gifts and the Ziegenbock, there was no way I was going to be able to cram everything into the 2 big and 2 small suitcases, so I went to Garden Ridge last night after work and found THE cutest medium-sized suitcase. It's black with muted hot pink polka dots, and has a pink satin bow on the front. It is sooooo me, it's not even funny, lol. princess: And it's the perfect size. So now maybe I can quit stressing about not having room for everything! And we aren't even bringing snorkel gear this time. With the last two cruises being on RCI, I had forgotten how much room FEE gifts take up! Bright side is, there will be plenty of room for souvenirs once those and the beer are out. :thumbsup2

Melissa ~ I'm really not sure about the pools being heated or not... But I will take cool weather over this dang fog ANY day. The Magic didn't get out yesterday until after 6pm -- I'm amazed she got out at all. But it was already dark at that point, so any sailaway party would have been in the dark, they wouldn't have been able to wave goodbye to all the people on shore, any of that. Not to mention they missed a couple of hours onboard. The front next week, while not ideal temperature-wise, should at least protect us from the fog issue!! And then hopefully everyone will have the rest of the week for swimming. :)

Back to pretending to work... Everyone have a great day!

-gina-

Hello My name is Christy. New to this forum. I wish I would've known about this forum sooner. Better late than never. I've been reading up on lots of great ideas and stories.:)
My husband Jay and I surprised our 11 year old twin daughters for Christmas. We are so excited for our first ever cruise! :hyper:
Fish extenders, sounds like so much fun... Is it too late for me to get started on that? If so, it's ok... Next time :)

:banana:

My husband Jay and I surprised our 11 year old twin daughters for Christmas. We are so excited for our first ever cruise! :hyper:

Welcome. Glad you found the thread. There is no shortage of parents on this board who have 11 year old girls going on this cruise, so I'm sure your daughters will make lots of friends.

I believe the FEE's are closed unless maybe there is someone with extra gifts who wants to exchange, but even those not in the FE exchange are welcome to come to the scheduled meets. :)

Nicole

Hello My name is Christy. New to this forum. I wish I would've known about this forum sooner. Better late than never. I've been reading up on lots of great ideas and stories.:)
Fish extenders, sounds like so much fun... Is it too late for me to get started on that? If so, it's ok... Next time :)

:banana:

Hi Christy!! :welcome:

And welcome to your new addiction, lol... The first cruise is so amazing, you wonder how it'll ever be topped. And then the next cruise tops it... and each one just gets better and better. You're going to have so much fun!! :yay:

As Nicole said, please do come to the DIS meets! This is such a fun group, and even if you're able to just drop by for a few minutes, you'll make some new friends and be able to spot happy DIS faces the rest of the cruise. :goodvibes All the info is in the very first post of this thread.

Hope to see you there!

-gina-

Yea! More twins! Glad to see you Christy! Mine are 4, almost 5, though. :) ID girls.
FEE group:
I, too, am spending the morning working on my fish extender gifts and am wondering ... What's the best way you have found to organize them for delivery?

I, too, am spending the morning working on my fish extender gifts and am wondering ... What's the best way you have found to organize them for delivery?

Stuff it all into bags, and have a teenage son you can wrangle into hauling everything, LOL. I can rent mine out, if you like! :laughing:

-gina-

I put my stuff into ziplocs and labeled them with the cabin number and last name so that if there are any cabin changes it will be easy to cross out and change. I think this will work great for us.

Gina, your idea sounds great, but mine are 7,4, and 4! Wish you were in our FEE. I would hire out your son! I think it will be fun to take the kids around to deliver. I had friends over for the Super Bowl and they helped me make one of my FEE gifts. They said they would never be able to go on DCL if they had to do all this. LOL! To each his own!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter