2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

We will be putting our names (real and Dis) on our FE gifts, but we will probably make 2 deliveries for the kids, and names may not be on the second one. Not sure I want y'all to know it was us that gave your kids those things... :rolleyes1

11 days and counting!! :beach:

:rotfl2: I seriously just laughed out loud at your last comment. Thanks for making my day!

Nicole - I know you've had some rough times lately. We will definitely keep your family in our prayers. :love:

Nicole,

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts.

Carol

Nicole - I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's illness. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Steph

Nicole:

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. Unfortunately I know what you are going through, and it is very hard to see them going through this at the end. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well.

Take care,

Natalie

I'm really starting to worry that we might not make it on this cruise because my 91 year old grandfather likely only has days to a couple weeks to live and it is his time to go (he is in pain and on morphine and can no longer talk at all or swallow to be able to eat, and they have taken off all his other regular meds), and I know I couldn't live with myself if I missed the funeral for a vacation.

Please keep us in your thoughts, and I hope it doesn't sound selfish to hope it doesn't interfere with our vacation plans because we have been through a hell of a year and looking forward to this vacation is what has kept me going.

Nicole

Hugs Nicole! We were in the same place as you almost 3 weeks ago. My 82 yo grandpa passed away on 1/16. He had dementia and was in the same place your grandpa is. He went really fast, they called in hospice that Sat. by Mon he was barely eating and he passed away on Wed. And we lost my husband's grandpa less than two weeks before that. I will pray for comfort and peace for you and your family during this very difficult time. I know exactly how you feel about the vacation. It's not selfish and of course we're finding that we need it more than ever now and you may end up in the same place. We ran through many of those same feelings. If he ends up passing away before and you are still able to go, just remember that he went in the right time for him and your vacation had nothing to do with it one way or the other. Big Hugs for the difficult days ahead.

-Stephanne

Thank-you Tracey, Katie, Steph, and Carol for you prayers and well wishes they are very much appreciated.

We are still hoping for the best, but also looking at the reality and insurance and making contingency plans. If I have the right daughter matched up with the right mother then I believe it is Steph's daughter who my daughter is so looking forward to meeting. I was trying to prepare my kids about the possible need to change our plans, and the only thing she is worried about was not meeting your daughter in person - she is fine about missing the cruise in general. Aren't kids great when they say stuff like that and mean it!? :)

Hugs Nicole! We were in the same place as you almost 3 weeks ago. My 82 yo grandpa passed away on 1/16. He had dementia and was in the same place your grandpa is. He went really fast, they called in hospice that Sat. by Mon he was barely eating and he passed away on Wed. And we lost my husband's grandpa less than two weeks before that. I will pray for comfort and peace for you and your family during this very difficult time. I know exactly how you feel about the vacation. It's not selfish and of course we're finding that we need it more than ever now and you may end up in the same place. We ran through many of those same feelings. If he ends up passing away before and you are still able to go, just remember that he went in the right time for him and your vacation had nothing to do with it one way or the other. Big Hugs for the difficult days ahead.

-Stephanne

Thanks Stephanne, I know it's time for him to go, it will be better for him when the pain is over and he is at rest. We have gone through it just as recently as last August with my husband's grandmother. This is the last grandparent left of mine or my husband's and of course my children's last great grandparent. Honestly it feels like we already lost him last week when he worsened and stopped being able to communicate and stopped eating. I know you have had a rough go of it too, and my prayers were with you then. Thanks for the support.

Hugs and prayers to Nicole and her family from John and Michaela Crandley (MKCQuilt) The load is lighter when you share. I hope you believe there is a plan. Positives will come from this sadness.

T-shirt transfer disaster for my pirate costume. Off to WalMart to see if I can get a $12 shirt too. LOL! Too much to do to be distracted by this!

Thank-you Tracey, Katie, Steph, and Carol for you prayers and well wishes they are very much appreciated.

We are still hoping for the best, but also looking at the reality and insurance and making contingency plans. If I have the right daughter matched up with the right mother then I believe it is Steph's daughter who my daughter is so looking forward to meeting. I was trying to prepare my kids about the possible need to change our plans, and the only thing she is worried about was not meeting your daughter in person - she is fine about missing the cruise in general. Aren't kids great when they say stuff like that and mean it!? :)

You are right - Erika has been chatting quite a bit with my daughter, Julia. She sounds like such a sweet girl . . . being more disappointed not meeting Julia than going on the cruise. Hopefully things will work out for the best. Thinking of you all and sending hugs :hug:

Nicole... I am so sorry that you are going through this I'm praying for your family and for peace for your grandfather! Hopefully it will work out!

I'm getting SO excited! It really makes the work day go faster knowing the cruise is SO close! Last night I started packing... cause I HAVE to be finished by Thursday! This weekend we have so many plans then I'm on call for work which means LONG days next week up till the cruise! So gotta finish!

Jennifer

Anyone planning on doing the Castaway Cay 5K? I didn't do it last cruise and really regretted it. Am doing it this time for sure.

I would like to do this as well, but I will probably fast walk it. I wonder if they allow strollers? Hopefully they'll give out medals!:banana:

Natalie

Nicole, sorry to hear that your family is going through such a difficult time too. Sending prayers your way. I was the care giver for my Dad the last 2 1/2 years of his life and know how difficult times like this are. :hug:

Beth

Nicole,
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation with your grandfather. I agree with what others have said. Its understandable that you and your family need this vacation. Death is such a hard thing, my husband lost his grandmother last August and my best friend from elementary school died unexpectedly right before Christmas and Im still having hard time with it bc I dont know what happened to her. I have known her since I was 6 yrs old. I hope you believe God has a plan and my prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.
Andrea

Today I finally laminated pics for magnets and cut them out while waiting for an oil change. It was great to be productive while I was stuck in the waiting room. I clean some dusty luggage and bought a new rolling duffel. I can't wait to pack but I think I will look for a bigger duffel tomorrow. Internet searching shows some Walmarts have a larger one. I would love to head to every Walmart in my area looking right now but my kids would have me certified crazy!:rotfl:
I guess I should go hem my formal dress...
A picture before I go: This is not to depress anyone but this is what the last breakfast feels like. Having to leave is just SO sad!!!

Nicole, so sorry for the difficult time you and your family are going through. Hopefully you will be able to make the vacation, try not to have any guilt for wanting to go. Thinking of you

Paula

castaway_beach_2_st.jpg

Woo Hoo! This looks AMAZING! Only 10 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Natalie

Thank-you Michaela, John, Natalie, Paula, Andrea, and Beth for all your best wishes and prayers (hope I haven't missed thanking anyone).

I spent about 5 hours with my Grandpa last evening, and then he passed away in the night with my mother (his daughter), by his side. No one thought he would go that fast, but he is pain free and in heaven with Grandma now.

Thanks again everyone for your support! :grouphug:

Nicole, I'm so very sorry for your loss... But so happy that your grandfather is out of pain and at peace. And I'm so glad you got to spend time with him last night. :hug:

-gina-

Nicole:

So sorry for your loss. I'm sure that he is in a better place. He wanted you to be able to go on your cruise.

Take care,

Natalie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter