2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Here is my crew! My DH and grandma won't be sailing with us and grandpa passed away a couple weeks ago, but my parents, boys and I look pretty much the same.

group2.jpg

Here is my crew! My DH and grandma won't be sailing with us and grandpa passed away a couple weeks ago, but my parents, boys and I look pretty much the same.

group2.jpg

You have just the greatest, happiest smile... and your kids are absolutely adorable! :goodvibes

That's awesome!! Can't wait to meet you that Saturday! :yay:

I know I posted pics somewhere, but heaven knows what page back that was.... but here are just a few of Tyler Dean & I, so you can find me/us at the meets or anywhere else:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v519/jessamyn_EQ/Just Me/

Anyone else want to link to some pics of themselves, I'd love to see them so I know who I'm looking for too! :goodvibes

-gina-

Here we are. Hope this works. Wow! That's HUGE!!!
DSC_0329.jpg

We are not doing the FE but might attend the meet. I hope the 11 year olds can use both programs. I am hesitant to have her with older kids and I am pushing for the club but will have her go to the open house at the Edge. She is social and makes friend easily but is also quick to pull out a book or her kindle.

DD is 11. This is her first cruise. We aren't sure if she will be in the Lab or Edge. Just curious which way other families are leaning for this age group. DS is 6 and I do like the idea of them being together for this first cruise. I have read the information on other threads and will have her go to the open house.

Our DD 11 will mostly be in Edge. Her younger brother & sister are a good deal younger than her, (6 & 5), & I don't think she'll want to spend much time in the "baby club." She wouldn't mind hanging out w/ them, but NOT IN THE CLUB, lol!!! :rotfl2:

Hello All,

Rather than posting on the main forum I thought I would post here and see if anyone in our group knows the answers.

I've requested a pack-n-play for our cabin. When we get to the room will it already be set up? Does it get taken down each day (similar to the sofa bed being turned back into a sofa)? If I take it down each day will it be put back up in the evening? What comes with the pack-n-play - do I need to bring a sheet, blankets?

I've read that shampoo, conditioner and lotion are provided. I've also read that they are really good. Do they have kids shampoo too or do I need to bring from home?

While I don't plan to spend a ton of time in our room my boys have already asked if they can bring toys. Do you bring something to keep in your room to entertain the kids?

Thank you for your insight.

Based on some of the posts today I think everyone has seen this but just in case here's the link to the navigators from HippoHappy. They were posted on the main DCL forum. The password is "disfriends."

http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/us...ary/Navigators

1. I love being crafty but have no natural talent
2. Things are a lot harder to make than the instructions say
3. Pinterest LIES because my stuff looks virtually nothing like the pics!

This cracked both my Mom and I up! I dreamed up these crazy ideas, shared them with my mom, and we both went to work on them. The first ones... Well... I saved them to remember how far I have come. My mom keeps telling me that my sewing skills have improved and if you could see the first things I made you would say, "Thank Goodness!"

I also learned:

1. If you write down the instructions on 3 pieces of paper, you will lose all of them.
2. Clear plastic can become invisible after you cut them all the right size - guess I will be back at Jo-Anns tomorrow.
3. All instructions leave out important steps to make the finished product look like theirs.

It has been a ton of fun working on my gifts and I am looking forward to delivering them.

Gina - Count me in for the Magic Quest. I am terrible at music trivia, but if you can have all the people you want on a team, I will still play with you. The second meet time sounds good to me.

My oldest DS12 will most likely live at the Edge. He had such a blast when we were on the Dream. Made so many friends. Played with them, swam with them, ate with them, went to the shows with them... He is lucky that we remembered he was there and took him home at the end of the cruise!

DS10 will spend less time in the kid's club. He likes to make friends and find things they can do together outside of the club. I think it is just the age thing and he does not think he should be there with his 5 year old brother.

Gina- the movie quote trivia sounds fun and I watched a youtube video of Magic Quest. It looks like a riot! Hopefully I can get DH to at least go watch...

I am also sewing elaborate FE's! I have learned tons the hard way!!! I finished the sewing tonight but still have to embelish. My plan is to be done by Thursday morning. We will see... After that I have two dresses to hem.

I dream that I will have two restful weeks before the cruise. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!::yes::

DS and I have been looking at the Navigators debating teen club or tween for him. He is 14 so he may go between them because he normally hangs out with kids of all ages. He's a sweetie and young at heart so I prefer Edge for him.

It looks like we will bring our pirate costumes. BTW- DS is now my height. So don't look for a little guy!!!
P1030355.jpg

Gina- the movie quote trivia sounds fun and I watched a youtube video of Magic Quest. It looks like a riot! Hopefully I can get DH to at least go watch...

I am also sewing elaborate FE's! I have learned tons the hard way!!! I finished the sewing tonight but still have to embelish. My plan is to be done by Thursday morning. We will see... After that I have two dresses to hem.

I dream that I will have two restful weeks before the cruise. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!::yes::

DS and I have been looking at the Navigators debating teen club or tween for him. He is 14 so he may go between them because he normally hangs out with kids of all ages. He's a sweetie and young at heart so I prefer Edge for him.

It looks like we will bring our pirate costumes. BTW- DS is now my height. So don't look for a little guy!!!
P1030355.jpg

Did you make your costumes? Love them!

That's awesome!! Can't wait to meet you that Saturday! :yay:

I know I posted pics somewhere, but heaven knows what page back that was.... but here are just a few of Tyler Dean & I, so you can find me/us at the meets or anywhere else:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v519/jessamyn_EQ/Just Me/

Anyone else want to link to some pics of themselves, I'd love to see them so I know who I'm looking for too! :goodvibes

-gina-

What a handsome boy!

Anyone have a good suggestion on where to buy a pirate costume for a mom? Everyone else has theirs but I am having a hard time finding one that doesn't have "sexy, vixen, or wench" in the title. I swear one size on Amazon was STD and I am not making that up. LOL!!!

My mom and I are doing ours from the thrift store. We got long skirts, I found some great black boots, a cool belt, and then we bought some ladies pirate hats on clearance from a costume store. My mom found a shirt the other day but I still need one and we're going to be looking for some great thrift store jewelry too!

Anyone know if there is a liquor store close to port? We won't have a car and I want to buy some stuff to take on the cruise. We are staying at the San Luis Resort before the cruise. Anything around there that we could all to? Also, is Galveston safe to walk around? Judging from the comments on Houston, Houston is not.

There is supposed to be a liquor store at 2328 Strand. Some have said its walking distance from the port? We are staying at Harbor House the night before, so I'm planning to walk over there in the morning. It's called Frankie's Liquor.

Ichiban said:
Betsy, I have a DS11 too. He will probably want to hang out in Edge. We are planning to go to the first meet up, so we will definitely look for you. :goodvibes

Perfect. We will see you all there. I'll have to post a pic of us. We will be the "very tall" family ;-). I'm 6'2" and my DS11 is 5'5"

Hi, I saw your post about your DD 11. We've told our 'pretty young' DS11 that he can go to the Edge 'when appropriate and convenient for us'. meaning, not for the 10:45pm pool party and not when I want him to go hang out with his little brother (DS 7) in the lab (like when we're at Palo since we won't want to get a 'I'm lonely' call from the little guy!). Are you going to the first meet up? DS is pretty shy and is hoping to 'pre-meet' some of the other 11/12 year olds before going to the Edge.

I don't know that the kids can go back and forth between the Edge and the Lab. I think they can try both but then have to pick one. But it could have changed, again. :) My DD11 has been emailing a couple of the other DD11s on the cruise, but I don't know how comfortable she will be emailing a boy, especially one she does not know. I know there are other tween boys on this cruise. Maybe you can put your DS in touch with some of them?

Also, is Galveston safe to walk around? Judging from the comments on Houston, Houston is not.

The area around the airport in Houston is not safe to walk around. Many parts of Houston are lovely, and safe. Galveston is the same way. Some parts I even hate to drive through. Others are very touristy and you will be safe there. The Seawall is all hotel, shops and restaurants. Its okay to walk around there, as is the Strand.

I❤MICKEY;47352372 said:
Hello All,

Rather than posting on the main forum I thought I would post here and see if anyone in our group knows the answers.

I've requested a pack-n-play for our cabin. When we get to the room will it already be set up? Does it get taken down each day (similar to the sofa bed being turned back into a sofa)? If I take it down each day will it be put back up in the evening? What comes with the pack-n-play - do I need to bring a sheet, blankets?

I've read that shampoo, conditioner and lotion are provided. I've also read that they are really good. Do they have kids shampoo too or do I need to bring from home?

While I don't plan to spend a ton of time in our room my boys have already asked if they can bring toys. Do you bring something to keep in your room to entertain the kids?

Thank you for your insight.

Our pack-n-play was set up during turn down the first night. We asked the cabin hostess to leave it up during the day because our baby took naps in it. I don't recall if they provided sheets - we brought our own because I wanted her to have something that felt and smelled familiar and she needed her own blankie!

The toiletries they provide are great! I always snatch a few and bring them home to remind me of my happy place! Nothing for kids though. We'll be bringing our own tear-free stuff and some Disney bubble bath. :-)

Our girls bring a few toys to keep them entertained while DH and I study the navigator or dress for dinner (they're not big tv watchers but there is usually a Disney movie playing all the time). Usually LeapPads, coloring books, and maybe a doll or Barbie each. Sometimes the cabin hosts will set the dolls up in funny positions when they clean and the kids LOVE that. Not all do it though so I wouldn't tell your kids - just let it be a happy surprise if it happens. :thumbsup2

I feel like I've been gone forever and missed so much! Between the cheer competition in Las Vegas (which went well, they got 2nd place at Nationals)and then coming home and half of our house having the flu...I'm way behind. I spent 6 hours cleaning house yesterday, seriously 6 straight hours. :scared1: Now I'm starting on FE stuff today. I have emergency training all day tomorrow and Friday and we are having a Super Bowl party here on Sunday...I really don't know how I'm going to get everything done. Seeing the Navigators is getting me really excited though! There's so much I want to do on this cruise, with all of our sea days it should work out. ;) We will be missing the meet on the 2nd day because we have brunch scheduled that day. I'm really going to try and make it to the first one, but the first day is always so hectic for me! Not sure if my kids will make it or not, the last time I dragged them out of the pool on the first day to go meet "a bunch of strangers that I met on the computer that are as crazy about Disney as I am", they weren't too happy with me. :rotfl: I don't know what I'm doing wrong with them. :confused3
I love watching Match your Mate, that game is always good entertainment! So I will be at one of those for sure. Also, love 80's and 90's music...and we are going to do at least one tasting, just not sure which one yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter