2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Magnet sheets can be kind of pricey, I think 5 were around $13.00. They did print very well though using my cheap Dell inkjet. At the best setting, everything was very crisp and the ink was not smudging. I also bought a cheap 3M laminator, and it works pretty well. I had to laminate some other things I was making.
Here are some other images I found that I saved but I ran out of magnet paper and decided I had made enough.

They don't feature a specific character but there are usually one or two days that they do a big princess meet and greet. I think I saw you have boys though so not sure they would want a shirt for that! LOL! There are characters roaming the ship everywhere! I can't tell you how many times we've just been walking the halls and seen characters just hanging out so make sure you take your camera (and autograph books if you do that) everywhere!

OK, Thanks, that makes it easier for me then. I'll probably just try to get them a couple of cheap Disney shirts with their favourite characters on them from good ole Walmart. You're right, with 3 boys we'll probably be steering clear of the princesses!

Happy Birthday to your little 3 year old! Yay Kid's Club!:banana:

Natalie

they do have a list of specific characters with times and location on the Navigator for each day but the Characters also show up randomly. For our first cruise someone gave the advice to take your autograph book (or any item you want signed - photo mat, t-shirt, pillowcase) to the front desk with pens/markers and your room number. They will have all the characters sign it. That way you don't have to carry around your autograph book. Later in the cruise you go back to the front desk and pick it up.

I just spent some time doing some. I nelieve my mom has a laminator at her daycare so we'll probably go that route. I did find some blanks with digging and saved some but then I couldn't find where I was again later so who knows......

If someone can tell me how to attach pictures, I'll post some of the magnet images I found that were either Texas- or Magic-related. :)

Question: Does anyone know how much alcohol you're allowed to bring on the ship or where that info can be found? A friend of ours is sailing the trip before ours and was asking me but we don't drink so I wasn't sure. Hoping someone here knows!

I knew it! Hey there! Whereabouts are you from?

Natalie

Regina, and it is cold here and we have a ton of snow. I heard that Ontario was having great weather this past week (at least in Toronto). I know we can't wait to escape the winter. We have an overnight stopover in Toronto on our way to Houston which isn't great, but that is what you get trying to fly a family of 5 on airmiles out of Regina. It will all be worth it once we are on that ship! :)

If someone can tell me how to attach pictures, I'll post some of the magnet images I found that were either Texas- or Magic-related. :)

Question: Does anyone know how much alcohol you're allowed to bring on the ship or where that info can be found? A friend of ours is sailing the trip before ours and was asking me but we don't drink so I wasn't sure. Hoping someone here knows!

Can't help you with posting pictures but here is the answer to your alcohol question (straight off the Disney Cruise line website) Doesn't seem to have a limit just that it must fit in a carry on:

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room, including Palo and Remy, with a bottle of champagne or wine will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

Regina, and it is cold here and we have a ton of snow. I heard that Ontario was having great weather this past week (at least in Toronto). I know we can't wait to escape the winter. We have an overnight stopover in Toronto on our way to Houston which isn't great, but that is what you get trying to fly a family of 5 on airmiles out of Regina. It will all be worth it once we are on that ship! :)

Oh Cool! Yeah, our snow has come and gone already (for now). It is cold enough to have to wear a winter coat and boots during the day, and if the wind is blowing, a hat, and gloves, but it's not unbearable cold. We're around the 0C mark (32F), although this past weekend it was very warm, I think it went up to 14C (58F). I think though that it's supposed to start getting colder next week and snow, -7C (19F). You guys definitely have it colder though!

I know what you mean about airmiles, we're doing the same thing, and thankfully have a direct flight going down on Wednesday night, but we have a stopover in Charlotte, NC on the way back on the Sunday after the cruise.

Definitely looking forward to the warmth as well! Bring it on! :mickeyjum

Natalie

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/video-tutorials/
see the 3rd video

Happy belated birthday to your 3 year old! :yay:

I am pretty sure that no cure exists, Luet02, for the magnet obsession. I have about 100 saved in my magnet folder. Next, I need to just pick a few or I will be with Katie and putting them on all the doors on my deck. Oh, Thanks for the cabin number Harrisdreamteam for my extra magnets. You better look out! :rotfl2:

I have some magnet ideas with no names on them, Luet02. Just let me know if you want me to email you some of them. I too would post them here, but I also don't know how to attach a picture. :confused3

I'm sure there is now an easier way to post pictures but I still use the old school way which is to get a free photobucket.com account. I upload the picture there and it automatically has links on the right side to copy the image code. I then paste the image code in my Disboard post. It is like including a website link. You can preview your post to make sure it works before you hit submit. HTH!

You've got to kind of dig around. That's what makes it so time consuming. You'll find them randomly in different folders. I couldn't figure out a method to the madness, which is why I spent so long in there. Plus, I was trying to manipulate them myself and my computer graphic skills are like kindergarten level!

OK, I think that I finally cracked the code to seeing the blanks in millie's photobucket account. :cool1:

When you're in the milliesky account, click on "all completed requests" in the left tab first. Then click on cruise in the left tab as well. Now look at the top, and see milliesky's library / All completed requests / cruise, and click on the All completed requests at the top. Now click on the Show albums and stories tab on the left, and voila, all of a sudden there is a Disney Cruise tab on the left which you can click on and access the blanks!

Thanks everyone for the magnet help and advice.:worship:

Natalie

Got our magnets for trading in the mail last night. Got some good ones, including a really cool POTC that I will not be trading. ;)

Got the t-shirts ordered. :thumbsup2 The remaining FE gifts are on their way. ::yes:: Downloaded the magnets I want to make. :artist: Now I just need to wait 30 more days to get on the ship!! :laughing:

Well drat. I was hoping there was a way to post photos that didn't involve uploading them online first (seems like doubling the work to post them online twice!) but oh well. Here are some of the ones I found from milliepie's photobucket account if you want to save yourself some time (and temptation!) :thumbsup2

MagicTexaslicenceplate_zpse77d609c.jpg

CowgirlMinniewithDate_zps6054d08b.jpg

Magic2013porthole_zps746b1270.jpg

DCLglittermoon2-15_zps057dae2c.jpg

For the license plate, I just inserted it into a Word document and added Word Art that looked a little embossed to make it look like our last name was stamped on the plate. For the ship on the water, I used PowerPoint and added text boxes so I could rotate them to fit, then printed the slide. :-)

Just posted on the 1/4 & 1/18 cruise meet boards asking cruisers to post/publish their cruise navigators if they kept them so we can get a sneak peek of the fun that's in store for us! Hopefully someone did and posts them.

So excited about my first Disney cruise. Have been wanting to go on one forever but because they always seemed too expensive kept going on different cruiselines. But now my dream is coming true and I can't wait.
We surprised our children at Christmas, which was hard to keep the secret since I have been planning this for a year.
I was originally booked for the 1 Feb 13 sailing and only found out about the change in Oct because my travel agent forgot to tell me:( At first I was upset but now think this itinerary is so much better for the kids (and I always wanted to go to CC)
There are eight of us going, myself, DH, 3DS (17, 14, and 7) DD (2) and my mother and mother-in-law.
This thread is great, thanks for all the tips

OK, I think that I finally cracked the code to seeing the blanks in millie's photobucket account. :cool1:

When you're in the milliesky account, click on "all completed requests" in the left tab first. Then click on cruise in the left tab as well. Now look at the top, and see milliesky's library / All completed requests / cruise, and click on the All completed requests at the top. Now click on the Show albums and stories tab on the left, and voila, all of a sudden there is a Disney Cruise tab on the left which you can click on and access the blanks!

Thanks everyone for the magnet help and advice.:worship:

Natalie

I knew I wasn't crazy because I found that Disney Cruise folder and then I couldn't find it again later for the life of me. I'll have to go look some more to make sure I got everything I wanted.

Boy, I need this vacation so bad, the past two weeks have been the worst ever. My husband's grandpa passed away on Jan. 4 and then my grandpa passed away yesterday. I'm just plain exhausted and tired of crying and need to get away so badly. I am so thankful for something happy to look forward to and distract me a little.

On carnival there is a place online to say whether you want beds together or apart. Is there anything like that on dcl or do i call? I was reading another persons experience and it sounded like it took them the whole first day to get the beds pulled apart and made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter