2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Hi Beth, thanks again for all your time organizing the FE! Just a thought...it might be helpful if you change the color of the text for the short list of people you are looking for confirmation from, it would make their disnames jump out at them in case they aren't reading through all the texts. Just an idea. :confused3

I've got the item I'm giving to the kids ordered, took me a while yesterday going back and forth getting the design just right, but that's all done. :thumbsup2 Now I just have to wait for them to arrive and assemble them. I plan on working on the the stuff for adults this weekend. January is going to be very busy with Cheer compititions and we have to travel to Las Vegas for nationals, so I need to get a handle on FE gifts while I can.
Anyone else starting to feel like we are running out of time? :sad2: I'm always super excited for our cruises, until the last few weeks and then the stress of getting a family of 5 ready to go and still doing our day to day things starts to get to me.

dismom73 said:
January is going to be very busy with Cheer compititions and we have to travel to Las Vegas for nationals, so I need to get a handle on FE gifts while I can.
Anyone else starting to feel like we are running out of time? :sad2: I'm always super excited for our cruises, until the last few weeks and then the stress of getting a family of 5 ready to go and still doing our day to day things starts to get to me.

Omg, it's like you're reading my mind! I had plans to get all my FE stuff done over break but then the little one got sick and time just disappeared. Hoping to use this weekend to finalize my ideas and buy materials. *fingers crossed*

My DD6 is in cheer too but just a school squad. They've got a lot of performances coming up, though, so my weekends are pretty much gone until we sail. Yikes!

Lets do a FEE check in to make sure everyone is still cruising now that the 3 groups are closed. Please post or email me at beth@sitesandsounds.com to let me know that you are still in.

Thanks,
Beth

We're still in! :dance3:

We are GTY still. pixiedust: Its my understanding we will not have our cabin numbers until about 2 weeks out, although it could be later. I'll let you know when I know. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Hi I just booked my first disney cruise and someone told me to come here and find a fish extenders. It looks like they are full? I really dont know what that means. My 2 boys are so excited. Any suggestion from experienced disney cruisers?

Welcome! We have 3 FE groups that have already closed to adding more people so that we have time to work on our FE gifts. It's difficult if there are continually more people being added as you don't know how much to buy. There was at least one other person interested in possibly starting a 4th group. Beth (FloridaFun) has been organizing the FE exchanges. So I'm sure a 4th could be started for latecomers.

Thank you so much to Beth and others who organized the FEE groups..We are so excited as this is our first Disney cruise. I 'm sure this is going to make it so much more fun!!

Yes... Thank you Beth for making all of this possible!

the cute tropical windsock I found at Dollar Tree to put out on the balcony said:
I think I remember hearing on past cruises that you are not allowed to hang anything on your verandah because it is a possible fire hazard. (Although I have no idea how it would be a fire hazzard!) Anyway, you might want to call DCL & check.

Since there's a $250 charge for any lost, damaged, or non-returned phones, I think we're all a little afraid our kids will drop them in the pool or something, lol.

Last April, one of out wave phones took a dip on Castaway Cay for a split second. I went to guest servoices & they told me that once it dries out, it will most likely work again. I guess it didn't because a $250 charge was on my next months credit card statement. Ouch!

Secondly - for those of you who've done Animator's Palate before - can you tell me a few characters seen in the drawings there? I'm trying to plan DD an outfit with a few of the characters on it... I did a google images search, but the same photos keep showing up and they're not really helpful... Looks like Sorcerer Mickey and Pinocchio? I'd like maybe 2 or 3 more, though...

I want to say that just about every character is in Anamator's Palate- I can picture them in my head.. Lady & the Tramp, Mickey, Alice... I don't think you can go wrong!

Oh, also from past experience- MOST people put their names on the FE gifts when they pass them out.

So excited for this cruise!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

elmo2200 and Klove10381 - I would be happy to set up a 4th FEE group. Just PM me or email me ( beth@sitesandsounds.com ). The information needed is cabin number (if you have it or GTY), Dis Board name, Family last name, Adult Names, Kid names with ages, where you are from, any special celebrations while on board, t-Shirt sizes, any allergies, and your google email address if you have one.

I will join in the 4th group too and it looks like a couple of other people might also be interested in joining an additional group to exchange with as well.

Beth

So, I'm pretty sure the first 8 night cruise left Galveston today...here's hoping someone posts Navigators as soon as they get back! :)

klove10381 said:
Hi I just booked my first disney cruise and someone told me to come here and find a fish extenders. It looks like they are full? I really dont know what that means. My 2 boys are so excited. Any suggestion from experienced disney cruisers?

Welcome klove! There are a couple other first timers on here so you're definitely not alone. :-) I posted some general info on the first thread of this board to get you started. There's tons of info available on dis boards but it can be overwhelming so don't hesitate to ask if you have specific question.

It looks like they're starting a fourth fish extender exchange that you can join. If you're on Pinterest, Beth (Florida fun) has some great ideas (and by "some" I mean like a gazillion). The link is on this thread somewhere. :-)

Ok, I need to get on disboards more. I haven't been on in a few days and can't believe all the posts I've missed. Truth be told I don't come on as often as I want because I end up getting sucked in and spend way too much time on here. :-)

Everyone in our family is getting excited and can't wait. It's nice to have something to look forward to. I need to get working on my FE gifts once the kids are back at school. To answer someone's question we always put our name on the gifts we give out (real name and disboards name). I like to know who gives what so we can thank them. We don't wrap them in wrapping paper but sometimes we "wrap" them in clear gift baggies if there is a lot of little stuff.

Finally booked our hotel for before and after the cruise. Now I just need to find reasonable transportation to and from IAH to the hotel in Galveston.

oh, also got our stateroom assignment. Did other GTY get theirs? Was hoping they would upgrade us but we weren't. We are at the bottom of the boat (well, close to the bottom deck 2) which is better than not going at all.

Everyone that signed up has been confirmed for the FEE. :thumbsup2

I also want to encourage FE participants to attend the meet and greet in the promenade lounge At 2:00. That way if there are any last minute room changes or upgrades we can announce it there. I will also put room changes in a magnetic holder on my door. They will be inside the holder and I will fold it over. That way others just walking by will not be able to see it, but those in the group could pull it out and check any changes. (Thank you Julie for the suggestions). :)

:scared1: Just had to get that out of my system!!! We have never booked a trip with so little time to prepare before. Thankfully I am sleeping because I have my computer set to cut me off at 1:30am! I will set out to design door magnets and start following rabbit trails.... Just booked the La Quinta Seawall West for the night before. Yesterday I logged on to my photobucket for the first time in ages and boy has my son grown since our last cruise. I can't wait for pic of the day!!!!
I weighed myself on Wii Fit so I have my weight loss goal and started eating low-carb. I am also trying apple cider vinegar tablets. When we DISers do something we go big! (actually - hopefully smaller in this case!) seriously, I really needed this push to clean up my diet. Have a Magical day!!

A 4th FEE group is open! :cool1:

So far I have:

Elmo2200, NickiB, and FloridaFun.

I know there were others out there, so please contact me with your information.

Cabin number (if you have it or GTY), Dis Board name, Family last name, Adult Names, Kid names with ages, where you are from, any special celebrations while on board, t-Shirt sizes, any allergies, and your google email address if you have one.

Hey All, we are still in! We are on vacation in Hawaii (Aulani) and haven't been checking in! See you all soon!
Betsy

Based on confirmations and posts both here and on the Facebook page, I have the following confirmed:

Gina
The Great Cornholeo
SunShineCruiser
Kimbo71
Florida Fun (2 cabins)
duck widow
Dawncala
DisMom73 (2 cabins)
KPetty725
Glorib
Snipsnsnails
dgmommie
FSU88
Castawaygirl
Tryin
Dishy24
Fatfish
Threeofhearts (all 3 cabins)
nickiB
sasbass
juliefsu
marblesphx
kreedham
bluenorthern
I Heart Mickey
BlueGreen
Dolores Rader
diannacarole

The only one that remains in question for me:

betsy2010

Please excuese me if you have been posting lately and I missed it, but please let me know if you are still cruising and doing the FEE

Thanks,
Beth

P.S. I will be putting who my gifts are from, don't plan to wrap them. My son is highly allergic to peanuts and since we can't get to a hospital for treatment while on board, we will also be staying away from anything that was processed in a factory with peanuts as well. He likes Oreo's, Wheat Thins, and Pizza Goldfish. He loves chocolate, but that would turn you all into label reading nuts as I typically have to look though a 100 items before I can even find one that he is able to eat. :confused3

betsy2010 said:
Hey All, we are still in! We are on vacation in Hawaii (Aulani) and haven't been checking in! See you all soon!
Betsy

Wow! So jealous! We own points there but haven't been able to go yet. We're waiting for the kids to get a bit older. :-)

That actually reminds me, though. On the years we cruise, I rent out my DVC points. I'm about to put them up for rent on the board and figured I'd let y'all know first. I like to rent to people I know (or at least have some connection with!) if I can. I have aulani points and Saratoga points but you can use them anywhere. PM me if anyone's interested in finding out ,ore!

Got the last items for my FEE gifts today. Going to start making them tomorrow. Weeeeeeeee!

Betsy - I'm so jealous!!!
We are in full planning mode!!Last night or rather this morning, I started designing door magnets. I have so many it is hard to decide which ones to print! I need extra doors! This afternoon I bought fabric to make my son a new pirate jacket. He can't wait to dress up for pirate night!!! One year I made us all elaborate pirate costumes for the cruise but he outgrew his. I may bring mine so he won't be alone if it fits in my luggage. Tonight I should take our old FE out of the closet and ponder staying old school or designing a new one.
Over the weekend our Dillards Outlet center had amazing prices so DD got 4 dresses and I got 3 dresses and 2 pair of shoes. The best part is that we can use them on the cruise and in "normal" life. I also got an Ariel t-shirt to wear to WDW.
BTW- near the beginning of the thread someone asked if it will be cold. We have cruised in February twice before and I do get cold especially at night on the upper decks. I will be dressing in layers and taking my full wetsuit because I'm OCD like that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter