2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

HI fellow passengers!

Completed our reservation this week and are officially joining you all!
Met some of you on FaceBook last week before I booked---

I have some info that I thought would be helpful. If it is a repeat, I apologize. I have only read up to page 36 --- so here goes

Dinning rotations:

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
*The O is WDW day and they will not have rotational dining that night.

Movies on board are:
TOY STORY 3 IN 3-D
TANGLED IN 3-D
CHIMPANZEE
PEOPLE LIKE US
ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN
BRAVE
FRANKENWIENIE
WRACK IT RALPH
LINCOLN
MONSTER'S INC IN 3-D

I tried to find out which days were the character breakfasts and the movie on Pirate Night. That info was not available.

Hope that is helpful! Needless to say I am crazy excited! We haven't told our kids---DD29 & DD31 and our Grandchildren & 2-SIL's---that we are going on another Disney Cruise without them. This trip we are taking the MIL for her 80th b-day. Tried to get everyone together at Christmas for a family cruise to celebrate but our SIL is military and is stationed out of the country. We don't want to wait since MIL is in good health now. Last year at this time she was diagnosed with cancer. Just a reminder, we are all on borrowed time!

And we have not revealed the trip to MIL yet! Well, we had to give her some heads up like clear your calendar and a packing list. She may have guessed cruise but she will never dream it's a Disney Cruise and 8 nights to boot!!!

I enjoyed hearing about the Christmas reveal for some of your families...so I have some ideas. Loved the scavenger hunt!

Welcome bpokornik! And thank you for sharing the information on the movies. Does anyone know if they use the 3-D type glasses from the movie theater or the kind that are for Disney attractions? I may want to bring our more comfortable ones from home.

We are traveling with my mom and father-in-law this cruise, so if your mom wants someone to hang out with by the pool, just let me know. My Dad was diagnosed with cancer just over a year ago too and we knew our time was limited with him. We took a wonderful adult only cruise (Dad, my 2 older brothers, and myself) in December of 2011. It made the most beautiful memories for us that we enjoy sharing now that he is gone. I am sure you will, but treasure every moment.

Hi purplepaula
You guessed it, we are neighbors.

As for the FEE, I dont know anything about what it is and I was scared to do to it without seeing what it was all about.

We are also looking forward to some warm weather.

bpokornik said:
HI fellow passengers!

Completed our reservation this week and are officially joining you all!
Met some of you on FaceBook last week before I booked---

I have some info that I thought would be helpful. If it is a repeat, I apologize. I have only read up to page 36 --- so here goes

Dinning rotations:

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
*The O is WDW day and they will not have rotational dining that night.

Movies on board are:
TOY STORY 3 IN 3-D
TANGLED IN 3-D
CHIMPANZEE
PEOPLE LIKE US
BRAVE
FRANKENWIENIE
WRACK IT RALPH
LINCOLN
MONSTER'S INC IN 3-D

I tried to find out which days were the character breakfasts and the movie on Pirate Night. That info was not available.

Hope that is helpful! Needless to say I am crazy excited! We haven't told our kids---DD29 & DD31 and our Grandchildren & 2-SIL's---that we are going on another Disney Cruise without them. This trip we are taking the MIL for her 80th b-day. Tried to get everyone together at Christmas for a family cruise to celebrate but our SIL is military and is stationed out of the country. We don't want to wait since MIL is in good health now. Last year at this time she was diagnosed with cancer. Just a reminder, we are all on borrowed time!

And we have not revealed the trip to MIL yet! Well, we had to give her some heads up like clear your calendar and a packing list. She may have guessed cruise but she will never dream it's a Disney Cruise and 8 nights to boot!!!

I enjoyed hearing about the Christmas reveal for some of your families...so I have some ideas. Loved the scavenger hunt!

This is great! i wish i could take my 80yo grandmother but she doesn't get around very well anymore. I bet shes going to be super surprised!

thanks for the info! I'll add it to page one when I get back to my computer on Tuesday. We decided to take a mini vacay to Austin since everyone is off on Monday and my husband has a conference out there. Nothing like a free hotel room and time off! Plus they have an indoor pool which got my rear in gear for finding our swimsuits. One more thing to put in the "cruise pile" when we get back! :-D

Oh, and someone was questioning the outdoor movie screen. They definitely have one but I don't think it plays all the time like the one on the dream but I could be wrong. I do remember watching movies from the goofy pool! Made me a bit queasy but DD loved it!

Kpetty - thanks for info on movie screen. I could not find anything saying Magic has one. We've only done Wonder before. We would sure miss it if magic didn't have one!
Pic-of-the-day!!! Wonder
Florida_2008016.jpg

bpokornik said:
HI fellow passengers!
Movies on board are:
TOY STORY 3 IN 3-D
TANGLED IN 3-D
CHIMPANZEE
PEOPLE LIKE US
BRAVE
FRANKENWIENIE
WRACK IT RALPH
LINCOLN
MONSTER'S INC IN 3-D

Thanks for that list! There are several on there I wanted to see but never got the chance. I foresee a few movies in my time on the ship!

We made a last minute decision to go on this cruise. Now trying to make dining reservations at "Be Our Guest" on the day we are at WDW. New to Disney dining - Is it better to try to call the reservation line or make the reservation on-line?:confused3

We made a last minute decision to go on this cruise. Now trying to make dining reservations at "Be Our Guest" on the day we are at WDW. New to Disney dining - Is it better to try to call the reservation line or make the reservation on-line?:confused3

I think it's all pretty much the same... online might be easier if their phone lines are way tied up. I hope you're able to snag a cancellation or something! From what I understand, Be Our Guest has been booked up through Spring ever since they opened reservations up for the place. I've got my fingers crossed for ya! :goodvibes

I think it's all pretty much the same... online might be easier if their phone lines are way tied up. I hope you're able to snag a cancellation or something! From what I understand, Be Our Guest has been booked up through Spring ever since they opened reservations up for the place. I've got my fingers crossed for ya! :goodvibes

Also, Be Our Guest is a quick-service restaurant for lunch - no reservations needed. I've been reading that folks start lining up about 30 min before the restaurant opens, but that once it opens the line moves quickly. Hope that helps :)

Also, Be Our Guest is a quick-service restaurant for lunch - no reservations needed. I've been reading that folks start lining up about 30 min before the restaurant opens, but that once it opens the line moves quickly. Hope that helps :)

Oh, right, lunch! I never think about places like that for lunch. I'm way too cheap, LOL. But that's a great option!!

Anyone else look into the rental car situation for the Houston/Galveston area? Is there anywhere to drop off a rental car by the port? Or are they only located at the airports?:confused3

We're getting in on Wed night, and we will probably do some exploring on Thursday (ie. space station), so that's why we're thinking about getting a rental for 1 or 2 days. :scratchin

Natalie

Anyone else look into the rental car situation for the Houston/Galveston area? Is there anywhere to drop off a rental car by the port? Or are they only located at the airports?:confused3

We're getting in on Wed night, and we will probably do some exploring on Thursday (ie. space station), so that's why we're thinking about getting a rental for 1 or 2 days. :scratchin

Natalie

The only agency on the island is Enterprise, and it is not near the port -- you would need to take a cab. But the island isn't big -- it wouldn't be very much. There have been mixed reports though, on being charged a drop-off fee for a one-way rental... It might be cheaper to rent a car for the whole duration, find a hotel that allows cruisers to park for free, and just return the car to the airport back in Houston where you picked it up.

The only agency on the island is Enterprise, and it is not near the port -- you would need to take a cab. But the island isn't big -- it wouldn't be very much. There have been mixed reports though, on being charged a drop-off fee for a one-way rental... It might be cheaper to rent a car for the whole duration, find a hotel that allows cruisers to park for free, and just return the car to the airport back in Houston where you picked it up.

Ah, okay, good to know! :thumbsup2 I was wondering why some people were renting a car and parking it during the cruise. :eek: Now, I know!

Thanks Gina!

Natalie

Oh, right, lunch! I never think about places like that for lunch. I'm way too cheap, LOL. But that's a great option!!

Check out the menus if you haven't already. Lunch and dinner are very different. Lunch is pretty much sandwiches, quiche etc. and all in the $8-$10 range. Plus, it has seating for over 500 in all 3 of the dining rooms. I'm thinking the price is pretty comparable to any other counter service place in the MK, but with much more room and ambiance :thumbsup2

Question about the 3-D glasses---the glasses are a NOT like the ones at the park. These are much more comfortable and heavier plastic.

The Big Screen on Deck ---In the Navigator it will list a daily schedule for the big screen so you can plan your day.

Also movies I listed were for the inside movie theatre. There may be a few changes. If Disney has a new release while we are board, we get to see it too!

Final call to join the 4th (and last) FEE group for our cruise. Let me know today if you are going to join as the group will be closing tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Beth

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the info! You saved us endless frustration. We'll try lunch.

We are flying in very late on the 14th and need to book a hotel. We are looking for something near the airport, but there are 2 adults + 3 kids and most places seem to have a room capacity of 4.

We fly home on the 24th so we're looking for something to do and a place to stay and transportation options after we dock. Any suggestions?

We are so excited about our first cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter