• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Disregard my previous message. I'm a 1st time disney cruiser and a newbie to this board. I didn't realize I already received a response. Thanks FloridaFun!

Welcome to the group!! Let us know if you have any FEE questions. I've learned a lot but the others on this board can run circles around me!
Jeff

I guess I should get started on my FE gifts! :scared1: Now that Christmas is over, I plan on heading into cruise readiness mode...I got some stuff done yesterday, we had some returns/exchanges and happened to look in the dress section and I've now got dresses for semi-formal night for 3 out 4 of us, just need to get the last one and get my DH a matching tie. I also have dresses for formal night for myself and my youngest DD, so 2 more to go and a matching tie for DH and we are set (well other than shoes) It would help if my kids didn't grow between cruises...or maybe we should just cruise more often so I don't have to buy new clothes every time. ::yes::

Now that dd knows about the cruise (kicking myself that I didn't think to record the surprise on Christmas morning), she is anxious to "meet" other dd11's and dd10's on our cruise. You can email me at dch7777@msn.com, and I'll forward to dd. Yes, I'm overprotective. ;)

Can't wait for this cruise!! I need to get cracking on my FE gifts now.

I'm one of those families that have a broad age range. We would love anything! I think it's more the fun of the "surprise" than the actual gift. I have been thinking long and hard about my FE gifts. I 'd found such cute little gifts tat would be perfect for little girls who love disney, but then I saw that most of my group had teen and tween boys, lol!
I would love to keep things a surprise.

FSU88, those are beautiful! It is so rare that my kids get to see their names pre-printed on anything, so these are wonderful!

I just counted five 11 yo girls in the FE groups. My dd11 is going to love this! I hope they all get to be great friends. party:

Is there a Facebook group for this cruise? I know there are for some cruises, didn't know if we had one. :confused3

Thanks!

Well, I renewed my subscription to Touring Plans and did a plan for each of the parks we want to visit at WDW. I'm hoping we can get everything done! The boys want to do Epcot, AK, and MK! But just a few things at each of the first two. I'm hoping to be at AK by 11-11:30 and MK by 4. I also hope the lines aren't too bad, it projects the crowd levels high since it's the week of President's Day.

So I'm just now getting around to making our Fish Extender mailbox type thing. I sew and have an embroidery machine, so I was looking at mickey head designs for the pockets. DH wants steamboat Willie, I want Minnie, Caleb wants Peter Pan, and Ella wants - wait for it - one with a top hat, monocle, and mustache! The girl loves this new mustache trend! (Over the summer, she requested that I draw mustaches on her for swim meets - said they gave her "stache power!") :rotfl2:

So - my point to that story - those of you in my FEE group, don't be surprised if you see ours and Ella has a Mickey Head design with a mustache! :rotfl:

Ok, the cruise definitely seems so much closer from this side of Christmas. I had great plans of getting my FEE gifts done over break but with four days left, it doesn't look like that is going to happen! There's still time, right? :-o

I've broken down everyone by age/gender so the little kids are getting something different than the big kids and the girls something different than the boys. :) I'm still struggling to come up with something for the dads that they'll actually like!

I was wondering, do you wrap the gifts? What about gift tags? Is it all a surprise or do we say who they're from when we deliver them?

How did I not know this? I just requested to join the group.

I have been a slacker & just looked today for the 1st time in a while for airfare. There is NOTHING leaving on the 23rd that works for our return trip! We may have to stay until Sunday. Anybody else flying home into the NY area on Saturday? If so, what airline/ flight are you on?

My son & I were in the same room on the Magic the last week of August out of NYC. We had the BEST stateroom hostess, I hope she is still in that area! 47 Days... I can't wait! :woohoo:

just a warning, y'all, that our Fish Extenders might look a little out of place, (that's the Extenders themselves, not the stuff that goes in them.) :) I made them for our Christmas cruise last year, so they are very Christmas-y. I'm not going to make new ones, but I may add some hearts or something to maybe make them look a little Valentine-y, since we leave the day after Valentines. So if you come across a cabin that looks like its in the wrong season, that's us! ;)

Hi, I'm Nicki and cruising this cruise with DH and DD, 13 & DS, 10....We are psyched as this is our first Disney cruise! We would love to join in on the FEE Group. Can anyone direct me to any links and let me know what I need to do to join? Thank you and we're super excited to Cruise with Disney and you all!!

This is our first Disney cruise. I am traveling with my DH, DS who is 9, and DD who is 3. We would love to join a FE group if it isn't too late!? Looking forward to cruising!

Hi, I'm Nicki and cruising this cruise with DH and DD, 13 & DS, 10....We are psyched as this is our first Disney cruise! We would love to join in on the FEE Group. Can anyone direct me to any links and let me know what I need to do to join? Thank you and we're super excited to Cruise with Disney and you all!!

This is our first Disney cruise. I am traveling with my DH, DS who is 9, and DD who is 3. We would love to join a FE group if it isn't too late!? Looking forward to cruising!

Welcome to the cruise!!

More first time DCL cruisers, just like us. FloridaFun has been gracious enough to organize a FEE. There are 3 groups and we are filling up the 3rd group now.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46977132&postcount=479

After confirming your info to Beth(FloridaFun), she will give you a link to the google doc with all the info. It will list all the groups and who will be in our 3rd group. Please get your info to her ASAP.

Take some time and scan some of the old posts here, especially the OP. I will also see if I can post some other thread links.
OP http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44027804&postcount=1
Quick FEE explanation, if needed http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46898927&postcount=390

Alright - how do you rename a link? I could not figure it out

Beth - I say we call this the end to the FEE sign up. With nickiB and sasbass wanting to join, and also 3ofhearts also showing interest, each group is about the same size now. Also, if you want to copy me on the info they provide, I can update the google doc for you. I'm a spreadsheet nerd and like doing that sort of stuff.

Jeff

sasbass said:

Yay! Another little one! I've got a DD3 as well. Maybe we can set up a play date at the Mickey pool. I don't think mine will actually play with other kids in the Kid's club. She's just turning 3 in January so she's still in the "play by myself" phase. :)

My husband is getting into the FEE's now that he sees me working on them. He's thinking more creatively than me so there's hope for us yet! Ordered our FE from etsy today. So excited!

Hi! I contacted Beth...now we are going to start planning our gifts...sooooo excited!! ;-)

Welcome! This is also my family's first cruise. I have a DD9 and a DD3. I agree that we should do a playgroup at the pool for the DD3s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter