2/07/2013 4 - Night Bahamian Cruise, Miami FL on Wonder

:cool1: HAPPY DANCE

this cruise was a spur of the moment desision . A "lets just do it !! " idea .

To keep the cost low we booked an 11C GTY . We knew it was the bottom of the boat - but that was ok .

Well since we booked our fare has reduced by 130.00 and now I see we even got a little upgrade -- to a 10B . I know it's not that big of a jump
but it's a heck of a lot better than what I expected !! mid ship and a bigger room . Yiippee !!!

Congrats! :goodvibes

Hi all! I'm Beth. We just booked today! Last minute decision for our anniversary (Jan 23rd.) :goodvibes DH & I went on a cruise 10 years ago on Carnival. We will be kid free and this is our first Disney cruise!!!!! :banana:

Welcome! I'm Jessica sailing with my family, dh Trevor, dd Destiny who turned 12 today, ds Dylan 8 and ds Jayden who is 6. This is our second back to back and our 4th and 5th cruises with DCL!

Welcome! I'm Jessica sailing with my family, dh Trevor, dd Destiny who turned 12 today, ds Dylan 8 and ds Jayden who is 6. This is our second back to back and our 4th and 5th cruises with DCL!

Hi Jessica! :wave: Wow! You must be an expert! :goodvibes Have you done anything at the spa? I really want to do the private spa villas for me & hubby but good lord $400-500 is a lot of money?!?!? We've booked Palo for one night and I'm wondering if I should do it twice. Not sure on the excursions. I know I want to snorkel a bit and will probably just rental gear. I'm concerned you have to go out far to see fishes. I've never been to Atlantis so I'm thinking about that tour as well.

hi Beth ,

My name is Phyllis . My DD Tara and I will be on the Wonder with you .
This is our 5th cruise but 1st with Mickey and friends . We are HUGE Disney
fans. We will be traveling with a friend and her twin DDs . I have a feeling that once we hit the ship , my friend and I will be kid free too . LOL !!!

I have been to Nassau several times and not sure what to do this time around .

We did a FEB cruise last year and while it was really warm the water was a bit chilly so I am not sure about water sports.

We are most excited about Castaway cay

Hi Jessica! :wave: Wow! You must be an expert! :goodvibes Have you done anything at the spa? I really want to do the private spa villas for me & hubby but good lord $400-500 is a lot of money?!?!? We've booked Palo for one night and I'm wondering if I should do it twice. Not sure on the excursions. I know I want to snorkel a bit and will probably just rental gear. I'm concerned you have to go out far to see fishes. I've never been to Atlantis so I'm thinking about that tour as well.

Your sig looks like mine would if I were to write it all out . We LOVE disney and go every year . My DD is 12 and has been 11 times. We spent a week at Disneyland in Calif. last summer and had a BLAST !!! We are booked for MNSSHP next Oct . We hope to get a room at the new Animation hotel .

Lol. Wish I was...I still learn new things each time:). I have not done anything at the spa yet, with the exception of taking a quick tour. I would love to though. I am also trying Palo for the first time on the second half of our trip on one of our sea days. I have heard Atlantis is great...last cruise, we left the kids on board and a bunch of the adults went to señor frogs and had some adult beverages lol. I'm always the baby of the group and tend to have jokes cracked about it..."are you even old enough to drink?" Is a usual comment lol. I'm mean hello I'm 30 haha. I just look younger. As far as going to Atlantis I have only ever heard its great if you like to gamble but very expensive...for a family of 5 I have no interest in it. Not doing it this time either. I would love to snorkel but if the water is below 70, there is NO chance I'm getting in.

Haha just saw that you and DH are doing it for your 7th anniversary. DH and I just have been married 7 years as well just this past nov 26. Lol.

This is my first FE so could you please tell me if there are "rules " ?
such as -- how often do you deliever gifts ? once or something every day ?
is there a price range ? homemade VS Store bought ?

I am chatting with the other family joining us , not sure if they will play yet or not .

My DD is TOTALLY excited about it . She is constantly on the look out for FE gifts .

One more month to go !!!!

:banana:

hi Beth ,

My name is Phyllis . My DD Tara and I will be on the Wonder with you .
This is our 5th cruise but 1st with Mickey and friends . We are HUGE Disney
fans. We will be traveling with a friend and her twin DDs . I have a feeling that once we hit the ship , my friend and I will be kid free too . LOL !!!

I have been to Nassau several times and not sure what to do this time around .

We did a FEB cruise last year and while it was really warm the water was a bit chilly so I am not sure about water sports.

We are most excited about Castaway cay

Hi there! We are looking into getting wet suits...at least shortys. My husband will for sure. He is a wimp when it comes to cold anything. I don't mind so much as long as I'm in the sun. :)

Lol. Wish I was...I still learn new things each time:). I have not done anything at the spa yet, with the exception of taking a quick tour. I would love to though. I am also trying Palo for the first time on the second half of our trip on one of our sea days. I have heard Atlantis is great...last cruise, we left the kids on board and a bunch of the adults went to señor frogs and had some adult beverages lol. I'm always the baby of the group and tend to have jokes cracked about it..."are you even old enough to drink?" Is a usual comment lol. I'm mean hello I'm 30 haha. I just look younger. As far as going to Atlantis I have only ever heard its great if you like to gamble but very expensive...for a family of 5 I have no interest in it. Not doing it this time either. I would love to snorkel but if the water is below 70, there is NO chance I'm getting in.

Haha just saw that you and DH are doing it for your 7th anniversary. DH and I just have been married 7 years as well just this past nov 26. Lol.

I think we'll enjoy the aquariums the most at Atlantis. We don't plan on gambling. Happy belated! Our anniversary is Jan 23rd but this cruise was cheaper. :)

This is my first FE so could you please tell me if there are "rules " ?
such as -- how often do you deliever gifts ? once or something every day ?
is there a price range ? homemade VS Store bought ?

I am chatting with the other family joining us , not sure if they will play yet or not .

My DD is TOTALLY excited about it . She is constantly on the look out for FE gifts .

One more month to go !!!!

:banana:

There are no real "rules" to the FE and that's the nice part:). You have a choice you can do handmade or store bought or both, you can deliver once during the whole trip, once a day or several times a day and there is no price range. I like with a smaller group delivering everyday, gives everyone something to look forward to. Almost all of the stuff I have t this moment is handmade, we were getting to the store last night and my middle one started not feeling good so we came home. Maybe we will try again today since he's feeling better:). My kids are having fun making the gifts with me. Sometimes they are more creative than I am. Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just let me know:)

Hi there! We are looking into getting wet suits...at least shortys. My husband will for sure. He is a wimp when it comes to cold anything. I don't mind so much as long as I'm in the sun. :)

I think we'll enjoy the aquariums the most at Atlantis. We don't plan on gambling. Happy belated! Our anniversary is Jan 23rd but this cruise was cheaper. :)

Dh wants to look into wet suits..finding them here is almost impossible though. I have a nervous system problem that doesn't handle cold AT ALL:( part of the reason we are planning to move to Florida.

I'm nervous to book anything outside of DCL excursions..with our luck we would miss the boat:/. We aren't gamblers...hubby would play poker if he found it but I couldn't care less. The only place we have gone in Nassau is señor frogs. We had met some awesome friends on the last cruise..who we are still friends with, all the kids stayed on the boat and the adults went and had a drink or two. We would meet at diversions every night at 9 when we were all done dinner and the kids went to the clubs to have some social time. I tried to get them all to come this time but it was right at the holidays and they couldn't afford it:(.
Happy upcoming anniversary!

last Feb DD and I did a NCL cruise to nassau . We got off and hopped on a city bus and rode to the zoo and the fish fry. We rode part way back then got off and walked the rest .

In Nassau I really thought about staying ON the boat this time , but we have friends with us so we will do a DCL trip with them . We are doing the Semi-Sub explorer thing .

in Castaway Cay we are doing the stingray / snorkle excursion . I am just worried that it will be a waste of $$ because it will be too cold to get in the water .

Key West we are going to wing it and do a city bus to explore the city.

what are you doing ???

Just booked this cruise for my husband and myself...is the FE closed??

I think we would like to join in FE.... how many cabins are in the FE group so far?

i think our sailing will be a little light -- I have a feeling a lot of folks are going on the next one for Valentines day ??

I have been on 3 boards and this is the only roll call for this sailing .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter