***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

@Lisa F that's a great foot regimen! I feel like I've seen pre-cut moleskin at the store...I may be imagining that though. Or maybe it's pre-cut blister banaids? I'll have to check on that. I love the Epsom Salt idea though. DH tends to get an ingrown toenail on one pesky toe every so often and it's happened at Disney before because of all the walking. Bringing some Epsom salts would definitely help!
I always bring a travel size first aid kit in our park bag too. I'm a big klutz so it's worth the piece of mind if we don't need it (like with rain ponchos!)

I went to the Disney Store near me today and only ended up spending $10! I went to try on a sweatshirt I had seen online, and I'm glad I did because it was way too small on me! Like...it was almost a crop top sweatshirt!
The CM did tell me they're getting their Christmas stuff in this week too. Trying to resist that splurge!

@Lisa F that's a great foot regimen! I feel like I've seen pre-cut moleskin at the store...I may be imagining that though. Or maybe it's pre-cut blister banaids? I'll have to check on that. I love the Epsom Salt idea though. DH tends to get an ingrown toenail on one pesky toe every so often and it's happened at Disney before because of all the walking. Bringing some Epsom salts would definitely help!
I always bring a travel size first aid kit in our park bag too. I'm a big klutz so it's worth the piece of mind if we don't need it (like with rain ponchos!)

I have a decent amount of experience with infected toes (I danced for many years, including in pointe shoes). A wet Epsom salts bandaid worn overnight is one of the best treatments ever! You will need:
- small plastic baggie (like a sandwich bag)
- rolled non-sticky gauze
- hot water
- string or a rubberband
- Epsom salts

Cut a length of gauze that will wrap a couple of times around the toe. Dissolve Epsom salts in the hot water and then completely saturate the gauze in it. Wrap the affected toe with the gauze and put the baggie around the toe. Use the string or rubberband to secure the baggie, making sure it's not so tight as to cut off circulation. Go to bed with it on and remove in the morning. It's the best!

We brought epsom salt last time because dd16 has some weird toe issues and I was worried she might need a soak. I also have discovered one of those small shoebox-sized plastic containers works great for soaking one foot, so we brought that as well. We also had moleskin and blister bandaids. I think a couple people used the moleskin but otherwise we did pretty well. I'll be bringing all of that again. :)

We brought epsom salt last time because dd16 has some weird toe issues and I was worried she might need a soak. I also have discovered one of those small shoebox-sized plastic containers works great for soaking one foot, so we brought that as well. We also had moleskin and blister bandaids. I think a couple people used the moleskin but otherwise we did pretty well. I'll be bringing all of that again. :)
awesome idea! you can take it to organize toiletries and soak feet without sitting in the bathroom!

I have a decent amount of experience with infected toes (I danced for many years, including in pointe shoes). A wet Epsom salts bandaid worn overnight is one of the best treatments ever! You will need:
- small plastic baggie (like a sandwich bag)
- rolled non-sticky gauze
- hot water
- string or a rubberband
- Epsom salts

Cut a length of gauze that will wrap a couple of times around the toe. Dissolve Epsom salts in the hot water and then completely saturate the gauze in it. Wrap the affected toe with the gauze and put the baggie around the toe. Use the string or rubberband to secure the baggie, making sure it's not so tight as to cut off circulation. Go to bed with it on and remove in the morning. It's the best!

Both great ideas!!

So, River of Lights... I haven't heard anything new rumor wise lately, but saw this posted on the Meals pricing thread today:

Tusker House: (incl tax, excl tip)
bfast . . . 10/02/2016 Adult: $31.95, Child: $19.17
b-ROL . . . 08/31/2016 Adult: $39.41, Child: $24.50
lunch . . . 10/02/2016 Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63
l-ROL . . . 10/02/2016 Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63
l-tgiving . 11/24/2016 Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63
l-xmas. . . 12/25/2015 Adult: $46.85, Child: $27.68
dinner. . . 05/04/2015 Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63
dinner. . . 10/02/2016 Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63
dinner-ROL. 04/22/2016 Adult: $52.19, Child: $31.95
d-tgiving . 11/26/2015 Adult: $46.85, Child: $27.68
d-xmas. . . 12/25/2015 Adult: $46.85, Child: $27.68

Nobody had posted the ROL prices before. Maybe it's wishful thinking, or showing up somewhere? Anyone hear anything?

Lisa's Disney Foot Ritual (developed over many years of sore feet).

1) bring at least 2 pairs of comfortable, broken in but not near the end of their life shoes. Sometimes shoes near the end of their life feel so comfortable for every day use but for Disney the cushioning is too far gone and they will not be comfortable. Bring at least two pair so you can alternate days, your shoes WILL rub something and WILL cause blisters even if they fit well (or at least mine do) so alternating gives the rub spots a break.
2) other things to bring: moleskin, a nail clipper or cuticle nipper, small thing of rubbing alcohol, neosporin, bandaids, a very sharp pair of scissors (moleskin is tough to cut)

when you get back to the room, pull a chair up to the tub and fill the tub a few inches (up to your ankles) with water as hot as you can comfortably stand it. Optional: Epsom Salts. soak for 10-15 minutes. You will literally feel the tension seeping out of your feet.

drain the tub and fill it back up a few inches with water as cold as you can get it (won't be super cold due to how warm florida is) and soak your feet in there another 5 minutes or so. Your feet will swell like crazy, this will help things tighten up a bit and bring your feet back to normal temperature

with cuticle nippers or nail clipper wiped in alcohol, carefully clip open any blisters. Make sure you just get the blistered skin and push out any fluid. Cover with neosporin and a band-aid overnight.

In the morning change your band-aid (with neosporin) and surround each blister with a "donut" cut from the moleskin, right on top of the bandaid. This will relieve the pressure on the tender part. I like to cut and keep a few extra unpeeled moleskin donuts, the neosporin and bandaids in my bag. in case of a blister emergency out in the parks this will at least relieve the pressure until you can pop it.

I've never gotten an infection and I can always walk on the very worst blisters the next day without even noticing them. When you go home, let everything completely heal and then go for a good pedicure :) Do NOT get a pedicure right before vacation - I find my feet are always much more sensitive when they slough off the dead skin. I want as much protection as possible. I know this goes against what most people do but at most have your cuticles and nails done but don't have them soften the skin. soft skin = more delicate = more prone to irritation. I want my hobbit feet if I am going to be walking 10 miles a day at Disney!
OMG does everyone get blisters? I'm planning to bring running shoes and my teVA sandals but maybe throw in my sketchers too. Dh has running shoes and keens. Dd has running shoes. ..what kid brand walking shows would be good?

OMG does everyone get blisters? I'm planning to bring running shoes and my teVA sandals but maybe throw in my sketchers too. Dh has running shoes and keens. Dd has running shoes. ..what kid brand walking shows would be good?

I don't think anyone in my party got blisters last time.

Neither of us have ever gotten blisters, but we wear broken in comfortable shoes, and are used to walking 3 or more miles / day.

For MVMCP from yulilin3 (mvmcp thread)

Not sure if this has been posted here but the Frozen Holiday Wish is showing up on the schedule during MVMCP at 8:15pm
Holiday Wishes at 10pm
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade at 8:30pm and 11pm
Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration Stage Show at 7:40pm, 9:25pm, 10"30pm and 11pm

I'm guessing not everyone does but I always do. I lead too sedentary a lifestyle. Kiddo doesn't get as many as I do though if he gets any.

@Lisa F does the schedule out for mvmcp make you lean more or against the dessert party? I'm leaning against right now :)

against, too constraining and the parade is not til 8:30 so 7:30 should be fine maybe to find a spot for it (maybe 7:15). it's too tight between parade -> desserts -> fireworks. I think the thing to do is going to be to camp out with a spot for the parade near the hub and see the frozen holiday wish show from afar and then move into the hub for fireworks. it will probably be close to 9:25 before the parade is even completely done on main street so a half hour between that and fireworks is barely time for dessert at the dessert party let alone grab and go (based on when the stage show starts).

Dropping by to say hi to everyone. Regrettably, I have missed a whole lot on here but had to take a short break. About a week ago I sort of felt I was overdosing on Disney. I started to get the feeling that if I don't take a break I will be completely desensitized by the time I DO finally get there. Does this make any sense to anyone? Has anyone experienced this? Or am I just crazy? (Maybe, IDK?)

I started waaaaayyyy back in March stalking Free Dining release and since then I've pretty much been continuously stalking one thing or another. Whether it was:

-All of the initial research in general
-Stalking Free Dining announcement (If anyone is wondering. It dropped on April 25th at about 4:15am EST. I booked at 4:18am that same morning!)
-ROL
-waiting for 180 to make ADRs
-ROL again!
-waiting for 60 to make FP
-ROL yet again!!!
-then JBJB is announced and wouldn't you know it, they stopped short of releasing all of Dec. dessert parties so that's one more thing for me to obsessively wait for!
-MORE ROL WAITING (*#+!!) :headache:

Having said all that I have accepted the fact that it's going to be an awesome vacation even without ROL or JBJB dessert party........buuuuut just to be sure, I WENT AHEAD AND BOOKED CLUB VILLIAN!!!!!! I was initially concerned that it might not be "appropriate" for DD8 but after reading many reviews from parents that brought kids her age, it was really hard to find any negative comments about this event.

So here I am. Refreshed and well-rested. Ready to watch my countdown clock go all the way to 0 days!

I am truly curious to know if anyone has experienced this "overdose" feeling I was describing.
Yep! I overdosed as well. I overdosed and still kept looking at things, articles, blogs, etc, that I didnt need to know anymore about, so it was good to put it all down for a bit. So excited for this final countdown though!!!! It is really soon guys!!!

Dropping by to say hi to everyone. Regrettably, I have missed a whole lot on here but had to take a short break. About a week ago I sort of felt I was overdosing on Disney. I started to get the feeling that if I don't take a break I will be completely desensitized by the time I DO finally get there. Does this make any sense to anyone? Has anyone experienced this? Or am I just crazy? (Maybe, IDK?)

I started waaaaayyyy back in March stalking Free Dining release and since then I've pretty much been continuously stalking one thing or another. Whether it was:

-All of the initial research in general
-Stalking Free Dining announcement (If anyone is wondering. It dropped on April 25th at about 4:15am EST. I booked at 4:18am that same morning!)
-ROL
-waiting for 180 to make ADRs
-ROL again!
-waiting for 60 to make FP
-ROL yet again!!!
-then JBJB is announced and wouldn't you know it, they stopped short of releasing all of Dec. dessert parties so that's one more thing for me to obsessively wait for!
-MORE ROL WAITING (*#+!!) :headache:

Having said all that I have accepted the fact that it's going to be an awesome vacation even without ROL or JBJB dessert party........buuuuut just to be sure, I WENT AHEAD AND BOOKED CLUB VILLIAN!!!!!! I was initially concerned that it might not be "appropriate" for DD8 but after reading many reviews from parents that brought kids her age, it was really hard to find any negative comments about this event.

So here I am. Refreshed and well-rested. Ready to watch my countdown clock go all the way to 0 days!

I am truly curious to know if anyone has experienced this "overdose" feeling I was describing.

I think that focusing so intensely on anything can do that to a person. for me, life gets SO busy that I end up with enforced but not by choice breaks. Work was very slow for me for a while so I was here a lot but now it is super busy for me so I drop in for a minute or two when I need a break and that's it. I feel a little guilty when I can't keep up with this thread since I started it with Kimberly way back when but it is fine without me, such a great group of people. I just feel like I am not attending to something that is my responsibility lol.

But I think if I did not have things in my life naturally drawing me away from planning at times I would get that way too. I tend to obsess on things until I can't obsess anymore :)

against, too constraining and the parade is not til 8:30 so 7:30 should be fine maybe to find a spot for it (maybe 7:15). it's too tight between parade -> desserts -> fireworks. I think the thing to do is going to be to camp out with a spot for the parade near the hub and see the frozen holiday wish show from afar and then move into the hub for fireworks. it will probably be close to 9:25 before the parade is even completely done on main street so a half hour between that and fireworks is barely time for dessert at the dessert party let alone grab and go (based on when the stage show starts).
That scheduling sounds good for no dessert party sounds good although I still do want a spot on Main Street for the parade. :D

It does seem tight if you want to watch the parade via dessert party and grab a spot at the hub. @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL might need to rethink his strategy if he plans to watch grab desserts then go to the hub.

Yep! I overdosed as well. I overdosed and still kept looking at things, articles, blogs, etc, that I didnt need to know anymore about, so it was good to put it all down for a bit. So excited for this final countdown though!!!! It is really soon guys!!!
It IS really soon! I am having nightmares about the trip again.

The other night I had a disney nightmare and all I can remember is that MDE was refusing to tell me WHERE my ADR was. just when. no confirmation number, and I could not remember for the life of me.... like no matter what I did I could not remember which restaurant it was. And no one could help me or find the confirmation number. Then it turned out to be H&V lol

So, River of Lights... I haven't heard anything new rumor wise lately, but saw this posted on the Meals pricing thread today:

Tusker House: (incl tax, excl tip)
bfast . . . 10/02/2016 Adult: $31.95, Child: $19.17
b-ROL . . . 08/31/2016 Adult: $39.41, Child: $24.50
lunch . . . 10/02/2016 Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63
l-ROL . . . 10/02/2016 Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63
l-tgiving . 11/24/2016 Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63
l-xmas. . . 12/25/2015 Adult: $46.85, Child: $27.68
dinner. . . 05/04/2015 Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63
dinner. . . 10/02/2016 Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63
dinner-ROL. 04/22/2016 Adult: $52.19, Child: $31.95
d-tgiving . 11/26/2015 Adult: $46.85, Child: $27.68
d-xmas. . . 12/25/2015 Adult: $46.85, Child: $27.68

Nobody had posted the ROL prices before. Maybe it's wishful thinking, or showing up somewhere? Anyone hear anything?
that's been posting since they were leaked back in january or february. it's not really new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter