• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Do you remember what the options for payment on a locker are? The webpage stated that the one-time use lockers are coin operated and you need quarters only, but they don't stipulate payment options for the key lockers.
There was a full register at the key ones at MK. We paid cash, but I'm pretty sure they would have been set up for cards as well from the looks of the setup.

Do you remember what the options for payment on a locker are? The webpage stated that the one-time use lockers are coin operated and you need quarters only, but they don't stipulate payment options for the key lockers.
Guess I should add quarters to the packing list!

Oooh, I hope you enjoy it! I love the NY Renaissance Faire near me, but I haven't been able to make it the last few years! :sad:

Well, it was cold, wet, and hilly but I did it! And I'm quite proud of my effort! The headless horseman was an awesome touch, though not quite as good as the one in the MNSSHP parade, lol.

View attachment 202521

Congrats!! Great pictures!

For me the perfect shoe is my fit flop! I have plantar fasciitis and nothing feels as good for me as my fit flops. I went to Cuba in May with my parents and walked for two weeks straight on those things without any issues. They are definitely my go to shoes for Disney, just hoping it's not too cold for them!

My sister loves her Fit Flops.
I'm generally a sneaker wearer for long walking days. Need a new pair.

I'm gonna do the paid off jump for joy--it's real, we're going fo sure lol!
:dumbo::donald::mickeyjum:tigger::sulley::maleficen:ccat::figment::hmghost::simba::stitch:

Congratulations!

@Maryemcd Did you have fun this weekend in my old stomping grounds? M and I used to live there, but funny enough, we never went to S&S. We did go to the restaurant next door many times though.

Lisa's Disney Foot Ritual (developed over many years of sore feet).

1) bring at least 2 pairs of comfortable, broken in but not near the end of their life shoes. Sometimes shoes near the end of their life feel so comfortable for every day use but for Disney the cushioning is too far gone and they will not be comfortable. Bring at least two pair so you can alternate days, your shoes WILL rub something and WILL cause blisters even if they fit well (or at least mine do) so alternating gives the rub spots a break.
2) other things to bring: moleskin, a nail clipper or cuticle nipper, small thing of rubbing alcohol, neosporin, bandaids, a very sharp pair of scissors (moleskin is tough to cut)

when you get back to the room, pull a chair up to the tub and fill the tub a few inches (up to your ankles) with water as hot as you can comfortably stand it. Optional: Epsom Salts. soak for 10-15 minutes. You will literally feel the tension seeping out of your feet.

drain the tub and fill it back up a few inches with water as cold as you can get it (won't be super cold due to how warm florida is) and soak your feet in there another 5 minutes or so. Your feet will swell like crazy, this will help things tighten up a bit and bring your feet back to normal temperature

with cuticle nippers or nail clipper wiped in alcohol, carefully clip open any blisters. Make sure you just get the blistered skin and push out any fluid. Cover with neosporin and a band-aid overnight.

In the morning change your band-aid (with neosporin) and surround each blister with a "donut" cut from the moleskin, right on top of the bandaid. This will relieve the pressure on the tender part. I like to cut and keep a few extra unpeeled moleskin donuts, the neosporin and bandaids in my bag. in case of a blister emergency out in the parks this will at least relieve the pressure until you can pop it.

I've never gotten an infection and I can always walk on the very worst blisters the next day without even noticing them. When you go home, let everything completely heal and then go for a good pedicure :) Do NOT get a pedicure right before vacation - I find my feet are always much more sensitive when they slough off the dead skin. I want as much protection as possible. I know this goes against what most people do but at most have your cuticles and nails done but don't have them soften the skin. soft skin = more delicate = more prone to irritation. I want my hobbit feet if I am going to be walking 10 miles a day at Disney!

Dropping by to say hi to everyone. Regrettably, I have missed a whole lot on here but had to take a short break. About a week ago I sort of felt I was overdosing on Disney. I started to get the feeling that if I don't take a break I will be completely desensitized by the time I DO finally get there. Does this make any sense to anyone? Has anyone experienced this? Or am I just crazy? (Maybe, IDK?)

I started waaaaayyyy back in March stalking Free Dining release and since then I've pretty much been continuously stalking one thing or another. Whether it was:

-All of the initial research in general
-Stalking Free Dining announcement (If anyone is wondering. It dropped on April 25th at about 4:15am EST. I booked at 4:18am that same morning!)
-ROL
-waiting for 180 to make ADRs
-ROL again!
-waiting for 60 to make FP
-ROL yet again!!!
-then JBJB is announced and wouldn't you know it, they stopped short of releasing all of Dec. dessert parties so that's one more thing for me to obsessively wait for!
-MORE ROL WAITING (*#+!!) :headache:

Having said all that I have accepted the fact that it's going to be an awesome vacation even without ROL or JBJB dessert party........buuuuut just to be sure, I WENT AHEAD AND BOOKED CLUB VILLIAN!!!!!! I was initially concerned that it might not be "appropriate" for DD8 but after reading many reviews from parents that brought kids her age, it was really hard to find any negative comments about this event.

So here I am. Refreshed and well-rested. Ready to watch my countdown clock go all the way to 0 days!

I am truly curious to know if anyone has experienced this "overdose" feeling I was describing.

Dropping by to say hi to everyone. Regrettably, I have missed a whole lot on here but had to take a short break. About a week ago I sort of felt I was overdosing on Disney. I started to get the feeling that if I don't take a break I will be completely desensitized by the time I DO finally get there. Does this make any sense to anyone? Has anyone experienced this? Or am I just crazy? (Maybe, IDK?)

I started waaaaayyyy back in March stalking Free Dining release and since then I've pretty much been continuously stalking one thing or another. Whether it was:

-Stalking Free Dining announcement (If anyone is wondering. It dropped on April 25th at about 4:15am EST. I booked at 4:18am that same morning!)
-ROL
-ROL again!
-ROL yet again!!!
-then JBJB is announced and wouldn't you know it, they stopped short of releasing all of Dec. dessert parties so that's one more thing for me to obsessively wait for!

Having said all that I have accepted the fact that it's going to be an awesome vacation even without ROL or JBJB dessert party........buuuuut just to be sure, I WENT AHEAD AND BOOKED CLUB VILLIAN!!!!!! I was initially concerned that it might not be "appropriate" for DD8 but after reading many reviews from parents that brought kids her age, it was really hard to find any negative comments about this event.

So here I am. Refreshed and well-rested. Ready to watch my countdown clock go all the way to 0 days!

I am truly curious to know if anyone has experienced this "overdose" feeling I was describing.

Oh definitely on the overdose! I get almost depressed at times because there can be so much. Even though it's all a happy, good thing, it can still overwhelm me. When I start to get the "deer in the headlights" feeling, I know it's time to walk away for awhile. Glad you're back and ready to go!

-ROL
-ROL again!
-ROL yet again!!!

I have definitely felt a kind of overdose feeling, especially 2-3 weeks ago, because I deactivated my Facebook account, and I think I was sort of substituting my fb time with Disney planning time. I've weaned off a little bit now, especially on the weekends. I still do my routine of checking ADR times and reading forum posts, but my "researching" has definitely dropped off. I have come to terms with the fact that we can't do absolutely everything I initially wanted, and that's okay. We will still have a great trip. :)

1) bring at least 2 pairs of comfortable, broken in but not near the end of their life shoes. Sometimes shoes near the end of their life feel so comfortable for every day use but for Disney the cushioning is too far gone and they will not be comfortable. Bring at least two pair so you can alternate days, your shoes WILL rub something and WILL cause blisters even if they fit well (or at least mine do) so alternating gives the rub spots a break.
2) other things to bring: moleskin, a nail clipper or cuticle nipper, small thing of rubbing alcohol, neosporin, bandaids, a very sharp pair of scissors (moleskin is tough to cut)

when you get back to the room, pull a chair up to the tub and fill the tub a few inches (up to your ankles) with water as hot as you can comfortably stand it. Optional: Epsom Salts. soak for 10-15 minutes. You will literally feel the tension seeping out of your feet.

drain the tub and fill it back up a few inches with water as cold as you can get it (won't be super cold due to how warm florida is) and soak your feet in there another 5 minutes or so. Your feet will swell like crazy, this will help things tighten up a bit and bring your feet back to normal temperature

with cuticle nippers or nail clipper wiped in alcohol, carefully clip open any blisters. Make sure you just get the blistered skin and push out any fluid. Cover with neosporin and a band-aid overnight.

In the morning change your band-aid (with neosporin) and surround each blister with a "donut" cut from the moleskin, right on top of the bandaid. This will relieve the pressure on the tender part. I like to cut and keep a few extra unpeeled moleskin donuts, the neosporin and bandaids in my bag. in case of a blister emergency out in the parks this will at least relieve the pressure until you can pop it.

I've never gotten an infection and I can always walk on the very worst blisters the next day without even noticing them. When you go home, let everything completely heal and then go for a good pedicure :) Do NOT get a pedicure right before vacation - I find my feet are always much more sensitive when they slough off the dead skin. I want as much protection as possible. I know this goes against what most people do but at most have your cuticles and nails done but don't have them soften the skin. soft skin = more delicate = more prone to irritation. I want my hobbit feet if I am going to be walking 10 miles a day at Disney!

Wow Lisa - that's quite a regimen! I would just add that there is a bandaid you can get that is specifically for blisters. I used them this summer as we were hiking 10+ miles some days. They worked great! They are thick and a rubbery type material, but once I put one on a blister had no more pain from that blister!

Man, l wish I'd had this tutorial in 2014! I got awful blisters on Day 1 of our trip from squeezing MK, a runDisney expo, and MNSSHP all into one day, and then I ran the Tower of Terror Ten-Miler on them on Day 2. My feet were in hell. I could barely walk on Day 3.

I know I'm going to jinx myself, but I haven't had blisters there. I was lucky I guess and I hope that streak continues. I wear my Mush most often and if I have to wear sneakers, I change socks throughout the day.

So I've been rethinking my backpack plan. My concern is ease of access, particularly since I'll be a solo traveler. The one item in particular that I need to have easy, frequent access to is my phone, since it will be serving as my camera/organizer/schedule/communication device/etc. I want to be hands-free when I'm on the move or sitting on a ride, but I don't want to be taking a backpack off and on every single time I need to take my phone out or put it away. Instead, I'm thinking of getting a sling bag, like this:
upload_2016-10-23_19-12-20.png

It has a phone pocket on the part of the strap that would be on my chest so I can just pop my phone in and out super easy. And with the one strap I feel like it will probably be easier to spin around or slip off to access the main compartment when I need to. It still has an external water bottle holder too, which was another feature that was important to me. Also, I can switch which side of the bag the bottom of the strap is attached to, so I can alternate shoulders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter