• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12 Days of Disney = 1 Happy Family! June 2011 TR (Update x2 7/19)

Sorry I haven’t posted an update in a couple of days! Trying to enjoy summer while it’s here! Now, back to the TR!

We got up around 7-ish. Dad ran to Riverside Mill and got a Mickey waffle meal for Thing2 and Thing3 to share. I think I mentioned this before, but Mom, Dad and I aren’t big breakfast eaters. After we finished getting ready for the day, we made our way to the bus stop. A bus came fairly quickly and we got on. It was standing room only, but that was fine with us. Actually, Thing3 was thrilled she got to stand up in a moving vehicle! This bus ride was a perfect example of people going out of their way to be nice to others. I have a knee brace I wear when I’m doing a lot of walking or playing sports. It’s not a big deal, because with the knee brace, I’m able to do all of those things without pain. Well, on the bus I was standing up. A nice lady moved her daughter (about 6 years old) onto her lap so I could have a seat. It was just one of those feel good moments. I felt bad though, because her daughter had leg braces on and should have gotten to stay where she was, I was doing okay standing. We experienced things like this happening all week. Men and teens would offer their seats to women and children and older people. Anyway, when the bus pulled up to the park, we could instantly tell how crowded it was! The line just to get your bag checked was already really long! Dad waited in that line and the rest of us went to get in line to go through the turnstiles. They started letting people through, and by the time we got into the park, the whole street was full! At one point, they had to shut down security and stop letting people in to the turnstile area. We reunited with Dad and waited for the park to officially be open. They did the little show and we headed straight to Toy Story Mania! Dad gave me the tickets and I went ahead to try and get fastpasses. The line for fastpasses stretched all the way to the little arch where you go down the stairs…forget what it’s called! I stayed in line for a few minutes but the line never moved. Dad eventually found me and decided that it wasn’t worth waiting for the fastpasses, because our return time would probably be too late for us to use. We were going to ride stand-by, but the line for that was already insane too! Sometime while we were at Hollywood Studios, Dad was talking to a CM who said that it was more crowded that day than any of the Star Wars Weekends days! We decided to head to Star Tours. There was a 5 minute wait and soon we were…well…I’m not exactly sure what you do on that ride! Thing2 loves Star Wars, so she enjoyed it. I liked it too; I just wasn’t exactly sure what was happening! Next we decided to get fastpasses for RNRC. We decided that we were going to see the Little Mermaid show next, since that’s something we knew Thing3 would enjoy. On our way there, we saw Tigger and Eeyore, so of course we stopped for a picture!

dsc_0179.jpg

After that, we made our way over to the Little Mermaid. While we were waiting, Thing3 started saying she didn’t want to see the show. Mom and Dad held their ground and made her stay. In the end, she loved it. We all love that show. We went straight across the street and into the Disney Junior show! This one was a little hard on my back, but I made it. Thing3 had fun here, but wouldn’t get up and dance. I guess she felt she was “too cool” for that! After getting the “Jake and the Neverland Pirates” theme song thoroughly stuck in our heads, we went to get fastpasses for ToT! While we were there, we used our fastpasses for RNRC. We got our baby-swap pass and then Mom, Thing2 and I were off. As I recall, I rode with someone from the single rider line and Dad and Thing2 rode together. While we rode, Thing3 and Mom hung out in the gift shop.

dsc_0180.jpg

RNRC and my back did not get along. I was in a bit of pain for a minute, but after doing some stretches my therapist gave me, I was doing alright. For some reason I decided I was doing well enough to go again with Mom and Thing2. This time I rode with Mom and Thing2 rode with a single rider. My back did better this time and once I got out of that seat I was doing fine. We were all getting a little hungry, so we decided on Pizza Planet for lunch. Dad and I waited in line for food while Mom and the girls found a table. It took FOREVER to get our food! I’m pretty sure we ended up with 2 kid’s pizza meals and 1 adult pizza meal. And I KNOW we got a Darth Vader cupcake for dessert! That cupcake was AMAZING! After lunch, we went over to see Muppet Vision 3D. Thing3 was especially excited for this, because she loves the Muppets!

dsc_0182.jpg

Mom decided she wanted us all to have our 3D glasses on...

dsc_0183.jpg

It’s a really funny show and we all enjoy it! Next, we decided to go to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Movie Set Adventure Playground (is that what it’s called?). My sisters and I had a great time blowing off steam and playing in the water!

dsc_0184.jpg

After playing for a while, we went over to the Animation Academy. We watched the video about Mushu (so funny!) and then went to get in line for the drawing class. This became one of Thing3’s must-dos! She loved it!

dsc_0186.jpg

We drew Winnie the Pooh, I believe. Next, we headed over to ToT. Thing3 is tall enough to ride this one, but she doesn’t want to. Mom didn’t care to ride either, and stayed with her while Thing2, Dad and I rode. I got very scared while we started going up, but as usual, I loved it! We got off and found Mom and Thing3. It was really hot out, so we decided to go ahead and take the boat to EPCOT, since we were having dinner there! That’s all for now, thanks for reading!

I got to be in the opening show at DHS back in 2009. I loved it! They told us we could be the first ride of the day on either ToT or RnRC and I told the CM I was going to do Toy Story Mania first (it was brand new at the time). She got us fastpasses for TSM to use after 10 am and we got to go on ToT all by ourselves. It was awesome!

Sounds like a great day so far :)

Hi again! :) Awesome TR! Loving it so far! :thumbsup2 I've never been to the animation place, and I wanted to go this year. Did you guys like it?

I have to agree, you're an awesome writer! :goodvibes

P.S. Had to add a dancing banana. :banana: :rotfl2:

such a great update! That's crazy about the TSM line! Especially at Rope Drop! I hope you got to ride it later in the trip. The Disney Junior show is LONG! Both Finn and Ethan are a bit (OK, A LOT) timid with new situations. Of course they both needed to sit on my lap. So I was sitting cross legged with a boy on each knee, and they PACKED people in. Once they were comfy, there was no room for them to sit! So we all were squished that whole time. I think I managed to get E onto the floor in front of me. My legs were asleep when I got up. It was cute, but I'm thankful that we probably won't have to go next time (Finn will be 6, but I'm sure we can avoid it!). Sorry to vent on your TR!

The Pooh character picture is cute!!! I love the lady in your playdoh shot. I wonder what she is doing?

The animation class was one thing we didn't get to do. Next time for sure. Im not sure Finn would have tolerated it anyway.

It's probably good Thing 3 didn't go on TOT. Ethan went on, and said he LOVED it, but wouldn't even consider it later in the trip. :lmao: I get a bit creeped out (OK...VERY) so I can imagine what a 5 year old's imagination is thinking!

I got to be in the opening show at DHS back in 2009. I loved it! They told us we could be the first ride of the day on either ToT or RnRC and I told the CM I was going to do Toy Story Mania first (it was brand new at the time). She got us fastpasses for TSM to use after 10 am and we got to go on ToT all by ourselves. It was awesome!

Sounds like a great day so far :)

That's so cool! How did you get chosen? Lucky ducks!

Hi again! :) Awesome TR! Loving it so far! :thumbsup2 I've never been to the animation place, and I wanted to go this year. Did you guys like it?

I have to agree, you're an awesome writer! :goodvibes

P.S. Had to add a dancing banana. :banana: :rotfl2:

Hi! Thank you so much! We liked the Animation Academy a lot! There were characters and the drawing class and some interactive games. Some of the stuff was more geared towards younger kids, but there was plenty of stuff for Thing2 and I as well! Thank you! Thing2 will be so excited when she hears about the dancing banana! :banana:

such a great update! That's crazy about the TSM line! Especially at Rope Drop! I hope you got to ride it later in the trip. The Disney Junior show is LONG! Both Finn and Ethan are a bit (OK, A LOT) timid with new situations. Of course they both needed to sit on my lap. So I was sitting cross legged with a boy on each knee, and they PACKED people in. Once they were comfy, there was no room for them to sit! So we all were squished that whole time. I think I managed to get E onto the floor in front of me. My legs were asleep when I got up. It was cute, but I'm thankful that we probably won't have to go next time (Finn will be 6, but I'm sure we can avoid it!). Sorry to vent on your TR!

The Pooh character picture is cute!!! I love the lady in your playdoh shot. I wonder what she is doing?

The animation class was one thing we didn't get to do. Next time for sure. Im not sure Finn would have tolerated it anyway.

It's probably good Thing 3 didn't go on TOT. Ethan went on, and said he LOVED it, but wouldn't even consider it later in the trip. :lmao: I get a bit creeped out (OK...VERY) so I can imagine what a 5 year old's imagination is thinking!

Thank you so much! Don't worry, we did get to ride it later in the trip! Yeah, that Disney Junior show isn't my favorite thing...they really pack a lot of people in there! And then sometimes people run their knees into your back! I'm hoping Thing3 won't want to see it next time we go! The lady in the Playdoh shot...:rolleyes: She just kept standing in front of us and walking right in front of us...finally we got a picture without her directly in front of us, but she's still there! I think you're right, Finn will enjoy the Animation Academy much more when he's a little older. Thing3 did exactly what Ethan did, except for Splash Mountain! I don't think she would have liked it, so I agree, it's good she didn't ride it!

Oh, and I forgot...I googled BOMA bread pudding and it led me to The Dis and a thread on recipes from all the restaurants. Let me see if I can find it...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635

Enjoy! And apologize to your parents for the increase in the grocery bill this month! :rotfl:

Too funny! I googled the recipe yesterday afternoon and had my dad buy the ingredients. Thing2, Thing3 and I made the banana bread pudding and vanilla sauce last night for our parents! It's soooo yummy! :love:

Thank you for giving up some of your summer time to write this TR. It has been so much fun following your family's adventures!

So, did you guys ever get to ride TSM?:confused3

I'm so glad you were able to witness so many acts of kindness and etiquette. We usually experience the opposite! On our trip, we had to stand on the monorail multiple times. Not a big deal, as you say. But when a family with two teenage boys didn't even attempt to offer my mother-in-law, or any ladies in our party a seat... it just makes me sad that families don't teach their children common courtesy!!

Thank you for giving up some of your summer time to write this TR. It has been so much fun following your family's adventures!

So, did you guys ever get to ride TSM?:confused3

I'm so glad you were able to witness so many acts of kindness and etiquette. We usually experience the opposite! On our trip, we had to stand on the monorail multiple times. Not a big deal, as you say. But when a family with two teenage boys didn't even attempt to offer my mother-in-law, or any ladies in our party a seat... it just makes me sad that families don't teach their children common courtesy!!

You're welcome! It's really fun for me, I just have to make sure I leave time for stuff like swimming and playing tennis and riding bikes! Yes, we did ride TSM, just not that day. It makes me sad that the teenage boys didn't offer any of the women in your party a seat! We sometimes travel with a family with 3 boys (ages 15, 13 and 10) and I can say without a doubt, the three of them would be the first ones offering up their seats to anyone standing. Thing2, Mom, Dad and I always tried to offer our seats to people that needed them more than us. And yes, while some families still do, it seems that not as many families teach their children common courtesy!

Thing3 with that hat on is too cute!! you guys seem to do great with the baby swap option, I love that Disney offers that to families with little ones!!

Now I am thinking about bread pudding!! My sister is in town and,the Disney nuts we are, are planning to make a Disney dinner sometime this week!! I'll post pics of what we come up with on my thread :) Still wondering what to make, maybe bread pudding!?!?!

Thing3 with that hat on is too cute!! you guys seem to do great with the baby swap option, I love that Disney offers that to families with little ones!!

Now I am thinking about bread pudding!! My sister is in town and,the Disney nuts we are, are planning to make a Disney dinner sometime this week!! I'll post pics of what we come up with on my thread :) Still wondering what to make, maybe bread pudding!?!?!

I think she's rather cute as well! :rotfl2: Yes, we use the baby-swap pass to it's fullest! The bread pudding was so yummy! And it's really easy to make too! allears.net has a TON of Disney recipes. I want to try and make the Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese soup sometime! Take a look at the list of recipes there, I'm sure you'll find sometime that might work! Can't wait to see pictures!

Dumb luck! Me and my boyfriend at the time were walking up to the turnstile and a CM asked us if we'd like to help open the park. Of course we said yes!

That's so cool! On our 2008 trip we sort of got to help open Animal Kingdom.

I can't believe it took me 11 pages to find your TR!! What a great writing style you have and awesome pics! Your family has SO much fun on your trips - there are so many things I want to comment on but don't know where to start :goodvibes

First your family is beautiful - your dad must feel so lucky have 4 girls to spoil!
Loved the pic of you all in the Dumbo ride :love: Epcot used to be my fav park but then I keep wanting to revisit HS more and more (love ToT and Animation Studios and TSM.) I was sad on our last trip that my boys didn't like MK and we barely spent 3 hours there leaving after we hit all the big rides. Can't wait until my new granddaughter is old enough to take to WDW - boy will I spoil her at MK!! My grandson was 14 mos old on his first visit and loved IASW and Winnie the Pooh so can't wait til we go again when he is a little older (he's 3 now).

Can't wait to read more - you are doing a fantastic job :thumbsup2

I'm all caught up! I always saw your comments on peoples trip reports so hey, I decided to come join yours and I'm glad I did. I love reading other teen's TRs. :goodvibes Can't wait for more!

I've never seen any of the Pooh characters at DHS! I love the picture of you and your sisters with Tigger and Eeyore. Too cute! It looks like your family really has fun together. :goodvibes

If I don't get an update up this afternoon, there won't be one until tomorrow. It's my parent's 20th anniversary, so I'm baby-sitting my sisters and our neighbors so they can go out to dinner. I'll try my hardest to get one up before they come over though! :)

I can't believe it took me 11 pages to find your TR!! What a great writing style you have and awesome pics! Your family has SO much fun on your trips - there are so many things I want to comment on but don't know where to start :goodvibes

First your family is beautiful - your dad must feel so lucky have 4 girls to spoil!
Loved the pic of you all in the Dumbo ride :love: Epcot used to be my fav park but then I keep wanting to revisit HS more and more (love ToT and Animation Studios and TSM.) I was sad on our last trip that my boys didn't like MK and we barely spent 3 hours there leaving after we hit all the big rides. Can't wait until my new granddaughter is old enough to take to WDW - boy will I spoil her at MK!! My grandson was 14 mos old on his first visit and loved IASW and Winnie the Pooh so can't wait til we go again when he is a little older (he's 3 now).

Can't wait to read more - you are doing a fantastic job :thumbsup2

Thank you for joining in! Most of the picture credit goes to my mom, but I took a few. We do have lots of fun on our trips! Any where we go we have a blast! My dad does love his girls! Sometimes we ask him if he'd rather have boys and he likes to tell us, "I don't know what I'd do with a boy!" :rotfl2: We like HS a lot too, but I think MK is still our overall favorite! Well, except Thing3, her favorite is EPCOT too! If you go in the next couple years, he'll be at an awesome age for Disney! When they're the preschool age their eyes light up at every thing! Again, thank you so much!

I'm all caught up! I always saw your comments on peoples trip reports so hey, I decided to come join yours and I'm glad I did. I love reading other teen's TRs. :goodvibes Can't wait for more!

Thanks for joining in! Do you have a TR or PTR? I love reading about other teen's planning and trips too!

I've never seen any of the Pooh characters at DHS! I love the picture of you and your sisters with Tigger and Eeyore. Too cute! It looks like your family really has fun together. :goodvibes

I don't think we had up until then. They were right here the big hat (does it have a specific name?). We really do have lots of fun together! :cool1:

I just engulfed myself in your TR on my lunch break, and I can't tell you how impressed I am. Your writing skills are absolutely amazing. I started reading and told myself that I only had 20 minutes to read, and then I had to go clean my car. 50 minutes later, I finished reading your trip report. It's so good! I still can't believe you are 14! There was so much to catch up on, I can't even remember every point that I wanted to touch base on.

The pictures of you and your sisters holding hands while walking into Main Street is adorable. I love that the three of you all did BBB, how cute! BBB wasn't there when I was little, so I keep saying when I have a girl, she and I will do it together one day. (If they let mommies, which I hope they do!)

I love that you did all of the research for your trip with the ADR's and everything else! And I have to say, it is so cool how much you help with your little sisters. I especially enjoyed how you convinced Thing 3 that Tink was not ziplining.

I feel the same way when I ride Space Mountain, and so does the rest of my family. That is a rollarcoaster that I will NEVER put my hands up while riding. I find that I tend to duck my head throughout the ride, but I still love it! I can't believe that woman on Space Mountain, I don't understand why people can't just be happy in Disney World. Who cares if you didn't get the exact seat you wanted, you're in Disney World for crying out loud!

But on a happy note, I have also experienced many nice people on the bus. The past two trips I have taken, my son was 10 months and then 1 1/2. Many times the bus only had room to stand, and I was forced to take him out of his stroller and hold him in my arms. Not once did I have to remain standing. Someone always offered up their seat, and this amazed me each time. I love how nice people can be in Disney World.

I love you TR so far and I can't wait to read more! But I have to go back to work because I am now two minutes over my break. Thank you for taking me back to the world I love so much for an hour of my day. It really brightened the afternoon.

When I last left off, we were just leaving Hollywood Studios to go to EPCOT! Thing3 was really excited, as I’ve said before, EPCOT is her favorite park! We had to wait a little while for a boat to come. It was pretty hot out, but we were mostly in the shade. The captain announced that the boat would be stopping at the Swan and Dolphin, the Boardwalk and the Yacht and Beach Club. I assured Mom and Dad that there was also a stop at the International Gateway, but they didn’t believe me. Despite my attempt to convince them that I knew what I was talking about, we got off at the Yacht and Beach Club and walked to the International Gateway. As we are approaching, what do we see passing us? Yup, the boat! Pretty soon we were entering into EPCOT! We all love the International Gateway! I think that (and Stormalong Bay) is the reason we are dying to stay at Beach Club next trip! Anyway, we decided that we were just going to explore the countries until dinner. My sisters and I were getting hungry, but it was still a while until our dinner reservation, so we went on a hunt for a snack! I had been waiting for a Mickey ice cream sandwich all day (my parents didn’t let me get one at HS), so I was searching for an ice cream cart. In the meantime, Thing2 got some ice cream from the crepe place in France. After walking to America and not seeing any ice cream carts, I decided on a regular old cup of ice cream. I got a cup of vanilla ice cream at the America CS place and Thing3 shared with me, as she doesn’t eat that much. After our snack, Thing3 started getting antsy. Here we were, at her favorite park and we hadn’t ridden her favorite ride. What is that ride, why Journey into Imagination with Figment, of course! We didn’t have that long before dinner, but somehow Thing3 managed to convince Mom and Dad that we had just enough time for a ride on Figment! As usual, there was no line and soon we were singing along with Figment! My notes say we rode twice; my guess is Thing3 begged and somehow managed to get her way again. Dad and Mom had been texting Uncle R and Aunt C throughout the day. They were at EPCOT all day (no park hopper) and had scheduled dinner at Rose and Crown too. We didn’t know that they had dinner planned there too, because when we were originally planning reservations, that wasn’t one they wanted to join us for. Turns out they changed their minds! Our reservation times were just 5 minutes apart! After 2 rides on Figment, we headed back to the UK to meet up with them. Dad and Uncle R went up to check in and asked if we could be seated together. They were able to put us together and we were seated within minutes. I had the Vegetarian Shepard’s Pie and the Sticky Toffee Pudding. Yum! I know all of the adults had the steak and fish combo with various desserts…not sure about the kids. During the whole meal, K and Thing2 were trying to come up with questions to ask the waiter just so they could hear his accent! It was so cute! After dinner, we split up for a bit. Uncle R, Aunt C and K had Mission: Space fastpasses. Aunt C decided she didn’t want to go, so Thing2 went in her place. Mom, Dad and Aunt C wanted to go see Captain EO. Thing3 and I weren’t interested. Thing3 has me wrapped around her little finger. She managed to convince me that more Figment was in order. I love her, so I agreed! Thing3 and I got in 2 more rides on Figment before Mom, Dad and Aunt C met up with us. Turns out they didn’t see Captain EO, because the wait was long and they were worried we’d miss Illuminations. On our way back to stake out a spot for Illuminations, Thing3 had a blast trying to convince Dad we got a scent other than skunk when we rode! We found a pretty good spot to watch Illuminations, although some people were encroaching on our space and our view was partially blocked by trees. Here's a picture of us waiting for Illuminations...not quite sure what happened with my hair...

dsc_0189.jpg

That show is amazing! EPCOT had EMH until midnight, so we decided to stay! Unfortunately for us kids, our parents wanted us to “meander the countries”. Thing2, K, Thing3 and I decided to entertain ourselves by taking random pictures.

dsc_0190.jpg

dsc_0191.jpg

We especially enjoyed posing in front America!

dsc_0192.jpg

I know we saw American Adventure. I fell asleep during part of it. I know, I know, it’s our history. I was tired and it was dark. I did however, wake up just long enough to get the song stuck in my head! “America! Spread your golden wings! Sail on freedom’s winds! Across the sky!” The girls and I were itching to get on a ride, but our parents wanted to take their time. I know we rode Maelstrom. Thing3 was scared, but we convinced her it couldn’t be too scary because there were no seat belts. We also rode the Mexico ride. It was eerily empty in there. I took Spanish in middle school, so my dad decided I could only speak Spanish while we were in the Mexico pavilion. I had some problems remember what I learned. Not one to be quiet, I repeatedly bumped into Dad so I could say, “Lo siento” (I’m sorry). He was not amused. Finally, we finished walking through the countries! Where did we go? To Test Track! This was Thing3’s first time on Test Track! Thing2, K and I rode in the front of one car and the rest of them went in a separate car. The verdict? Thing3 loved it! Uncle R, Aunt C and K decided to head back to Coronado Springs. We, however, had something else on our agenda…Soarin’!! It was about 11:50 PM. The park closed at 12 AM. We were speed walking to Soarin’ when Thing3 decides she REALLY has to go to the bathroom. We did a frantic search and found her a bathroom. Dad runs in with her. They come out and we all jog towards the Land. Did we make it?

Yes! We made it on the LAST Soarin’ flight of the day! They announced it while we were waiting to board and everyone cheered. We got the front row too! Thing3 was a little nervous, but she LOVED it! Especially all of the smells! I was so glad she liked it! We took our time leaving, just enjoying seeing EPCOT empty. We got on a bus back to POR and soon we were fast asleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter