12 Days of Disney = 1 Happy Family! June 2011 TR (Update x2 7/19)

That's great that you got to meet up with your family in WDW, even if it did result in things not following your plan exactly. ;)

I am so loving all the pictures of you and your family on this trip! It is so nice to put faces together while you are telling about them!

I sure wish I could get Ab to do BBB...no way she will go near there!:rotfl: What an awesome big sister you are. When you write about your sisters I can feel the love that you have for them! I know Ab wishes that she had a little sister, not 2 little brothers!

I am so loving all the pictures of you and your family on this trip! It is so nice to put faces together while you are telling about them!

I sure wish I could get Ab to do BBB...no way she will go near there!:rotfl: What an awesome big sister you are. When you write about your sisters I can feel the love that you have for them! I know Ab wishes that she had a little sister, not 2 little brothers!

We took LOTS of pictures this trip, so you'll be seeing a lot of us! I wouldn't have done BBB if it weren't for my sisters. My reasoning was that I might regret not doing with my sisters when we were young. I try to be a good big sister! Like any siblings, we have our good days and our bad days, though at Disney, they tend to be good days! :thumbsup2 Want a Thing3 (or Thing2 for that matter)? I'll be happy to trade, I'd love a little brother! Though I'm not quite sure my parents would agree to that...:rotfl2:

Just had to post this, I'm so excited! I was discussing future trips with Mom and Dad last night. I mentioned my plan to get Annual Passes to them. At first they just laughed and said that they "want us to see other places besides Disney". When my dad left to go to a meeting, Mom and I were talking more about it more. She decided that Annual Passes would be a great thing for us to ask for for Christmas in 2012! I'm so excited, because I know if she suggested we ask for them, there is a good chance we will get them! I think Mom is trying to be especially nice to us girls, as she is going back to work in the fall for the first time since Thing2 was born. I'm already planning a trip for Summer 2013, maybe a short trip around Christmas 2013 and then a short trip at the beginning of summer 2014 (I'll be going into senior year! :scared1:) I know this is really far in advance, but I'm obsessed! Do you think it's too early to be excited? And do you think it'd be too early to start a PTR (once I finish this TR)? Sorry for the rambling!

popcorn:: What an awesome trip report. I agree, you are a wonderful writer :)

I think it's so cool that you did all of that planning for your family (and, I must admit, with 12 days your parents were probably right that you could take a more relaxed approach to rides.) I did all of our planning for this trip, but for the next one I hope to get my kids on board. I think they would get a kick out of helping choose places to eat and going over the maps to plan our route in the park.

I just have to decide if I want to go back to WDW next summer or try out Disneyland...... I have relatives out West that we rarely see, and my aunt loves Disney :rolleyes1

popcorn:: What an awesome trip report. I agree, you are a wonderful writer :)

I think it's so cool that you did all of that planning for your family (and, I must admit, with 12 days your parents were probably right that you could take a more relaxed approach to rides.) I did all of our planning for this trip, but for the next one I hope to get my kids on board. I think they would get a kick out of helping choose places to eat and going over the maps to plan our route in the park.

I just have to decide if I want to go back to WDW next summer or try out Disneyland...... I have relatives out West that we rarely see, and my aunt loves Disney :rolleyes1

Thanks for joining in! I really got into the planning with our 2008 trip and helped my parents decide what parks to go when, but this trip I really took control. I picked where we'd eat and where we would go each day. Of course, I had to get my parent's aproval on everything, but it was mostly me. I bet your kids would love to help plan another trip to Disney. We did Disneyland in 2007. We had a great time, it's just so different from Disney World, because it's right in the middle of a neighborhood basically! We had a lot of fun though, so I'm sure you'd enjoy it! I'll post some pictures of our Halloween costumes from years past here in just a minute! :thumbsup2

I'd been talking about Halloween costumes with a couple of you, so here are a couple of pictures of our Disney themed Halloween costumes...In 2010 we decided to go with a Kim Possible theme. Thing2 was Kim Possible:

dsc_1226.jpg

Thing3 was Rufus:

dsc_1230.jpg

dsc_1231.jpg

and I was Shego

dsc_1246.jpg

We went with some good friends from church. The oldest boy (age 15) was Dr. Drakken, the middle boy (13) was Wade, the youngest boy (10) was Ron Stoppable and my best friend in the whole world (15) was Bonnie Rockwaller. I'm going to have to check with them before I post any pictures with them, just to be sure they're okay with that. Just trust me, we were ADORABLE! All of the neighbors wanted pictures with us, I felt like I worked at Disney! In 2009 (the first year we did a "group" costume) we decided on Toy Story. Thing2 was Jessie:

DSC_0019.jpg

Thing3 was Little Bo Peep:

DSC_0021.jpg

And I was Mrs. Potato Head! :cool1:

DSC_0030.jpg

Again, we trick-or-treated with friends from church. The oldest boy was a Green Army Man (he painted his whole face and arms green!), the middle boy was one of the little green aliens (which was especially funny, because he's the tallest out of all 7 of us!) and the youngest boy was Woody. Hopefully I'll get to post the pictures of all of us, they are super cute! Both times we've done group costumes we've gotten stopped quite a bit for pictures. This year I'm hoping we'll go with Mary Poppins, but as some of you have heard, our moms like the idea of dressing all of us up as Waldo (from Where's Waldo?). I'll keep you posted on what we decide! Thanks for reading! :)

Great ideas and great costumes...you all look so cute!

Thank you so much! All credit goes to my Grandma Z, she made all of the costumes except Bo Peep and Jessie. She even made Thing2's Kim Possible cargo pants and shirt, custom fitted for her!

Hi there! :goodvibes I'm following you over from my TR and I'm excited to read all about your family's trip! It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do - off to do that now! popcorn::

Hi there! :goodvibes I'm following you over from my TR and I'm excited to read all about your family's trip! It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do - off to do that now! popcorn::

Thanks for joining in! I'm not very far into our trip, so catching up shouldn't be too hard! Hope you enjoy it! :thumbsup2

Wow! Those costumes are adorable. I'm super impressed with your Grandma Z's sewing skills :thumbsup2

How cute is it that Thing3 was Rufus?!

So cute!!! Sophie wanted to be mrs. Potatohead one year and have her costume pieces be interactive. I'm not a seamstress and it never happened! We found a ton of costumes in Target's clearance aisle and have the pirate stuff from Pirate's league, so it will have to wait! Your themes are great. The teachers at my school are going to be a box of crayons this year. EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY! ;)

Subbing. Really enjoying your trip report. And enjoy reading one from a kids point of view. Great job and cant wait to read more.

Wow! Those costumes are adorable. I'm super impressed with your Grandma Z's sewing skills :thumbsup2

How cute is it that Thing3 was Rufus?!

Thank you so much! When Thing2 was younger, Kim Possible was her favorite game to play and since Thing3 was just a baby, she often got roped into being Rufus. When it came time for Halloween and we were considering a Kim Possible theme, she was excited that she "could really be Rufus"!

Love the themed costumes. You know how I love things to match!!:rotfl:

Thank you! And yes, I know how you like things to match! :rotfl:

Your costumes are awesome! :woohoo: Any ideas for this year?

Thank you so much! I'm trying to convince everyone on a Mary Poppins theme! I would be Mary, either oldest or middle boy could be Bert, Thing2 and youngest boy could be Jane and Michael and the remaining three could be the penguin waiters! I'm not sure if they'll agree, but I'm sure working on it! :rotfl2:

So cute!!! Sophie wanted to be mrs. Potatohead one year and have her costume pieces be interactive. I'm not a seamstress and it never happened! We found a ton of costumes in Target's clearance aisle and have the pirate stuff from Pirate's league, so it will have to wait! Your themes are great. The teachers at my school are going to be a box of crayons this year. EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY! ;)

Thank you! I wanted my costume pieces to be interactive too, but we got started on costumes a little too late and ran out of time. How are you making your crayon costume? The teachers at our schools do themes too! The ones I can remember are different types of candy, Toy Story characters and just foods in general.

Subbing. Really enjoying your trip report. And enjoy reading one from a kids point of view. Great job and cant wait to read more.

Thank you so much! I'm glad people enjoy reading from my perspective!

Awesome costumes!

Thank you so much!

I'll finish up our Animal Kingdom day later tonight. We are going to go see the Winnie the Pooh movie in just a couple minutes, so it will have to be after that! Can't wait!! pooh::tigger::eeyore:pooh:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter