11 nights! 3 resorts! A goose egg at Biergarten! A 9 year old IN A STROLLER! New 8/6!

Hey everybody!! I have the warm fuzzies right now, both because of all you totally awesome people following my TR, but also because of the multi quote feature. Raise your hand if the multi quote feature brings you happiness.

My hand is up.

Okay--let's get to chatting!

Joining in! :woohoo:

That was a ROUGH first day. :headache: I have faith that the rest of the vacation will be a LOT better!

Hi!! :goodvibes Yes, it really was. I am hoping to get started on Day 3 asap, because it was loads better, as was the rest of the trip. :)

Sure hope so!

ACK MULTIQUOTE MESSED UP YOUR QUOTE!! Aah, it's not a perfect feature after all :( Well, no matter, I can reply anyway ;)

So your son goes bonkers on food dyes, too? It's pretty crazy, the reaction Quinn has. It's not like he turns into a monster or anything; it's like he just cannot control his body very well. He'll fling into us, body slam Liam, get really fidgety, and basically loses all concept of personal space. He also often (though not always) goes into tantrum/meltdown mode. While he's not perfect the rest of the time, he does have more control over his body and doesn't freak out as much.

And I actually do agree with you that Disney does a pretty good job with this--sometimes. We found, for example, at the Mara at AKL that they listed all the ingredients to their baked goods and sandwiches and everything right there on the label. Perfect!! But we also had an experience at Animal Kingdom where I asked for the ingredients to a strawberry slush thing, and they didn't have/couldn't find them, and then told me there was no dye and, well, due to Q's behavior later, I think there was. I would never blame the CMS, because it was *our* choice to let him drink it. But I wish it had been in the ingredients book with the rest of the stuff there.

We were very happy to learn, though, when we asked or read labels or whatever, that lots of products they sold used real vanilla, and vegetables for coloring, rather than food dye. (Example--bagged caramel corn in Germany was fine!) Very nice. Of course, virtually everything in Goofy's Candy Company was out ;) but we knew that going in.

And thanks for the kind words. :goodvibes I did have good intentions regarding 'Ohana. I don't feel too bad about it now, but at the time, I sure was beating myself up!

Omg, my dog is looking at me funny (well, funnier than usual!) as I laugh out loud. Only a brilliant writer can make such a crappy day funny. I'm sorry it was so rough....sounds like it only goes uphill from here.

Your boys are adorable....love the pic of Quinn's grin making pressed pennies. :) That nutella waffle looks amazing.

Jill in CO

Oh gah, thank you so much! :goodvibes

I am here to tell you, that was a REALLY GOOD WAFFLE. I lusted after it for months after someone posted about it here, and while I missed eating at some places I really wanted to this trip (Tangeriene Cafe, I'm looking at you), I wasn't exiting the most magical place on earth without the most magical waffle sandwich on earth in my belly.

Our family walked into the Magic Kingdom park.
My husband said, "What? It is just a few clouds?"
The kids looked a little concerned in the almost knee deep puddles.
Nobody wanted to see a rain cloud again!

If you are ok with it, I will copy just a snippet of my TR from that time for your enjoyment and post it here. Not kidding about the puddles.

OMG :rotfl2: I am CRYING. And of course I'm okay with it.

We found there were a few areas, esp. in the MK, where the standing water just collected. My children's shoes must have felt a magnetic pull to those areas, because every time there was a puddle of impressive depth, one of them stepped right in it.

Yeah, there's a lot of colorful food there.

I'm so spoiled by bottled water that I feel that way about most tap water.

I think they look cuter than the clear ones and at least you can find each other.

Also directionally challenged here.:wave2:

I guess they want to make sure only the ticket holders can use it?

That is both my husband and my daughter!

Yup.

Uh oh.

I scarred my daughter for life by taking her on all the big rides when she was five. She said they were fun at the time but now she won't go ANY of them. I hope she doesn't remember this drop.

If it's not, it should be.

We didn't get to go on it this year. Every time we walked by, it was down.

I wonder that too. That maybe I'll see myself in someone's report pictures and it will probably be unflattering.

That looks awesome.

You're stuck on an island like your favorite show!

Or not.

It's funny when these silly little things end up being so important to them. One year, my daughter spent the longest time in that water area in Downtown Disney. It ended up being one of her favorite memories of the trip. We could have saved a lot of money in theme park admissions.

They keep moving it.

Did you ask? We were able to get nuggets and fries one year. They get them from Kona next door.

Just wondering. Did you mention the food issues to the waiter? If you have allergies, they'll bring a chef out and he'll explain what you can eat and possibly make something special.

Aw. Bless his heart.

:cool1:

I think I can beat it.

yay!

Great update!

We loved our red ponchos. They served us so well. And it was super helpful to be able to spot each other in large crowds.

About the app--I am sure you're right. I tested it once, and it works not long after you step through the gates. I didn't mind (hard to complain about a free app, right??) but I did find myself wishing I'd bought Lines, since it can be helpful to check wait times/FP return times before you actually get in the park. But we made do--really wasn't a problem.

OMG, I totally am the one who scarred Quinn about the drops. Last year, the first ride we went on was Splash. If I could go back in time and change one thing about my life, putting my kid on Splash would be it. We would have done Dumbo instead. That kid was FREAKING OUT after the drop. Dude, even *I* think that drop is kind of fierce. So, now we pay the price, with a child who now asks every time we board anything (including leisurely favorites, like Living With the Land) if it has a drop. I do hope by the next time we go back, he's a bit more brave!

About the food--I feel like the world's biggest idiot, but it did not even occur to me to ask for nuggets for him. :rolleyes2 :teacher: I had no idea they would have been able to accommodate that. Ugh! I told Tim what you wrote, and honestly he doesn't think it would have helped all *that* much...really, the fact that 3/4 of us were soaked, and tired, and sad, and then that Liam was about to cry--Eep. Just a mess all around.

Tim did mention to the server that he can't have wheat, and the server said the meat didn't have any on it. He has talked to some of the chefs before and found it varying degrees of helpful. We did know that he could ask for assistance, but he really hates to do that. I am not sure why. But the server didn't offer to have the chef come out, either. Bad decisions all around, really. :(

My kids both loved that water area at DD! It's like how you buy something really expensive and then they just want to play with the box. :rotfl:

Oh my .. what a start to your vacation ! :sad1:

FWIW .. I've been there, done that. We went the last week of October once and it rained pretty much every day .. all day. The first day I was like "it can't rain the WHOLE week !" .. I was wrong. Needless to say .. I'll never do the last week of October again. Nope.

I don't do DDP (unless it's free) because my 2 boys eat NOTHING. I even cancelled the few ADR's that I did make because I could tell from the first few days that it was pointless to spend so much money on food that was just going to go in the garbage. So we ate QS all week long and it worked out very well. :thumbsup2

Oh, no!! I am so sorry to hear you had such a rainy vacation, too. :flower3: Is there *any* time to visit Florida where one can expect it not to rain too much?

Yes, that's another part of the reason we don't do the DDP. It really was easier to just get what we wanted (although if you get a kids meal, you still get the grapes and cookie or whatever). With picky eating, intolerances, kids who like the adult chicken breast nuggets but not the kids nuggets...the DDP just doesn't make sense for us. Last year we did have the free dining and while it undoubtedly helped us save a bit of money, it was a huge hassle for us, so no more.

We've also decided that TS is probably not a good deal for us either in most cases, so when we return we'll book a few character breakfasts and do QS the rest of the time. Easy, and done, and cheaper!

Another one lured over from Laura's TR. Enjoying your report :thumbsup2

hey, thanks, and welcome!

Oh -what a first day! We were there a few weeks before you and we got the rain from Tropical Storm Beryl, so I hear you on being wet your entire vacation.

Sorry 'Ohana was not a hit with your family. We've eaten dinner there once, and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't the favorite of my kids. However, the bread pudding is the best! :)

The bread pudding was AWESOME. Liam doesn't have much of a sweet tooth (a completely foreign concept to me), Quinn usually does but was feeling so tired and out of it that he opted out...Well, more for me. :p

Signing on . Loving it so far.

Thanks so very much! So happy to have you!

Subscribing!! Love it! Without spoiling a part of my TR I haven't gotten to yet, I made a similar ride mistake! And we also had a day where I cried! I'm hoping Cape May breakfast was a much better experience for y'all!

Day 3: Let's Get This Vacation Started Already

So, here begins the part of vacation where things don't suck most of the time. Yes! :thumbsup2

After going to bed relatively early, we all wake up feeling somewhat better. Today is an Epcot day, and in addition to being one of the most awesome parks ever, most of the attractions (with the exception of World Showcase, but I'm ignoring that) are indoors. We feel more optimistic knowing that we shouldn't be at the mercy of the weather quite as much.

We have a 9:35 reservation for breakfast at Cape May, and that is about as early as we do things around here. :rotfl: The plan is to bus over to Epcot and walk to the Beach Club from there. I look out the window.

It's cloudy, but not raining. Although it didn't seem like it at the time, we have taken a major gamble with this plan, what with having to walk all over creation to get to our destination.

(Well, worst case scenario, we call a cab.)

Anyway, we all get up and ready and all that exciting morning stuff. We make it to the bus stop (Tim has found the shortest path, finally) and again, after not too long, a bus to Epcot arrives.

And again, we go around the whole resort, and then we're on our way.

I can't remember when we got on this bus if we were sitting or not--I think at CBR we sat about half the time. Honestly, the CBR buses weren't too bad. They came pretty frequently. The issue was just the large number of stops we had to make going around the resort. And Trinidad South, due to its location, was never first (or last), so we were definitely on for a bit of the loop.

But really, not terrible. So here we go--we're at Epcot.

Rare image #1 of children not attempting to kill each other. One doesn't see this often in the wild. Shhhh, before they hear you.
P1000728.jpg

Goodness. They're even closer now. Quick, take the pic and run.
P1000730.jpg

And not only are we here at Epcot, we are here for rope drop.

Say what now?

I see Epcot...On a cloudy day...
P1000724.jpg

Look at that! People at the turnstiles, waiting to get in so they can book it to the Land!

But not us. We're waiting to get in, so we can book it to...

The Beach Club!

P1000734.jpg

Careful readers will note that the child in the picture is not in a poncho, which means that IT DID NOT RAIN ON US AS WE WALKED HERE. A minor miracle!! No matter what happens later in the day, we at least started out dry.

:cheer2:

How about a bit more of this lovely resort? I was charmed. It's beautiful.

P1000733.jpg

Beach Club Beach (hey, that's, like, a word palindrome)
P1000732.jpg

We get a glimpse across the water of our next resort, and I like the looks of it.
P1000731.jpg

Mom, quit taking pictures!

Okay, okay. We go inside, check in at the podium, and wait.

Offspring #2 wins today's Fight to the Death for the blinky buzzer.
P1000736.jpg

After a few minutes--maybe 15--it starts vibrating and alerting the entire resort to the fact that we're up, and we go in and get our table.
P1000737.jpg

Somebody's feeling silly today.
P1000739.jpg

Our server (who made lots of awesome comments about vodka in the OJ--my kinda guy) brought us our drinks, but before we could go stuff our faces, we had a visitor stop by.

P1000742.jpg

P1000744.jpg

I really love Donald.

P1000745.jpg

Man, that girl behind him must have been making one heck of a run to the buffet.

Oh look! Someone else is here!

Where the h-e-double hockey sticks is Quinn?
P1000746.jpg

Oh, hold up, now I remember. Quinn and I were at the buffet. Tim took this one. Quinn told me he didn't care if he missed any characters--he wanted to get some food. I don't understand my child.

But, no matter, because we're all back now, with food, and along comes Goofy. Goofy is the best. And this Goofy was funny. He was running around, giving hugs, being silly, and acting, well...Goofy. :joker: He was really playing with that table of girls in the middle row. A girl on one end would want a hug, and Goofy would hug her. Then a girl on the other side would want a hug, and Goofy would hightail it up one aisle and then down the other, and hug her. And then the scenario would repeat.

It was super adorable.

Hey, Goofy!
P1000749.jpg

I really love how Liam hugs the characters so earnestly. Just makes my heart all bursty, you know?

Sorry--needed that little mushy moment. Okay, on with things.

We're done with breakfast, so let's head back to Epcot and hit some RIDES! Booyah! But first, here's the Boardwalk again.
P1000752.jpg

That water ain't for swimmin', folks.

We make it back to Epcot in two shakes of a lamb's tail (however long that is. Anyone know?). At any rate, it's fast, and while I knew the Epcot resorts were close to the International Gateway entrance, I honestly didn't realize they were *that* close. Even with my dawdly dawdlers dawdling along, we are in the park in less than five minutes.

I am instantly in love with the Epcot resorts area, and really can't wait to get to the Boardwalk.

So, here we are in Future World, and it's about 11 am. I have just run to secure us FPs for Soarin'--return time around 4 or 5. No problem. We have no plans to be elsewhere. I am, however, somewhat beat down by the process, as there was a hideous bottleneck at the stairs in the Land, and it took several minutes of me waiting patiently behind people who don't move as fast as I do to get down there and get the FPs.

But I do, and they are securely in my possession.

As a reward, Tim hits up one of our favorite Epcot carts. At this cart, they sell iced coffee.

With a kick, people.

That's right. Not even noon, and I'm slurping up iced coffee with amaretto. Because I'm in Epcot, and I can.

It's not quite raining yet, and we hear a noise. What's that? Drums? in the middle of the walkway?

P1000757.jpg

That's right, folks. It's everybody's favorite black shoe, white sock, white shorts wearing trash can players, The Jammitors!

P1000758.jpg

The kids are moderately interested.

P1000761.jpg

But not majorly, so after a bit, we leave.

It's starting to rain a bit, so we go into Innoventions and mess around. Liam wants to do Sum of All Thrills, but the line is 60 minutes, so we assure him we'll be coming back to Epcot at least two more times, and he'll get to do it. He's not too upset.

We missed Innoventions last year (I know--say what now?) and I am so happy we got to mess around in there this year. We are kind of educational nerds, and love these kind of hands on science exhibit type things.

P1000772.jpg

P1000767.jpg

Oh! I had forgotten that before Innoventions, we went over to Sunshine Seasons for a bite to eat. In retrospect, this seems weird to me, because didn't we just eat at Cape May? But I guess enough time had passed that we were all hungry. Unfortunately, once again, there isn't a single thing here that Quinn wants. Even knowing his picky nature, I am somewhat gobsmacked. He doesn't even want the macaroni, so I don't bother asking the ingredients. Liam and I choose our food, and Tim takes Quinn to get some nuggets and fries somewhere. I order him a chicken caesar salad to enjoy when he comes back.

My reuben. I love reubens.

P1000763.jpg

Liam gets some sort of Asian chicken dish, and rice.
P1000764.jpg

And of course, Tim's salad. With a side of beets. And a fork stuck ceremoniously within.
P1000765.jpg

Liam and I eat, and wait for Tim and Quinn to come back and join us. Except Tim doesn't come back, because he and Quinn are stuck in the world's worst line ever at the Electric Umbrella, so I get a top for his salad and bring it over there. And then we hit Innoventions. And now it's time for Mission: Space.

Or as I more affectionately call it: Mission: Don't Barf.

After the requisite two hours had passed this morning, I had run over and snagged FPs for this ride, as it is one of Liam's favorites.

It is not one of my favorites.

I am generally fine with riding thrill rides with him. While I am starting to feel my age on roller coasters, I don't mind hitting them with him at all. Last year was our first time riding Mission: Don't Barf, and he wanted to do the orange side. I agreed, thinking it wouldn't be any worse than any other thrill ride, right?

Except MOST THRILL RIDES DON'T HAVE BARF BAGS.

Run away! Run away!

OMG, I felt so ill after that. I was so ill during the ride that when it came time for "Commander! Press whatever button you are supposed to press!" I could barely move. Fairly certain we got a "System Override" every time I was supposed to participate. I was frozen in my seat the whole ride.

Thankfully, I never got sick. But I felt really gross for a couple hours afterward, and i told Liam I would never do the orange team again.

Of course, this year, he begged and pleaded, and begged some more, and I did not give in. This year, it was Green Team all the way.

P1000773.jpg

His expression here means something along the lines of "My mom is a wuss."

Which I very well may be. But the orange side is just out for me. Liam, you want to ride this baby, we're riding green.

When we emerge, I can at least walk straight this time. Tim goes with Liam to ride again, and Quinn and I hit Spaceship Earth.

WHICH HAS A LINE. &^(&^%^%&* What is it with us hitting rides this trip that you should be able to walk on, and not being able to walk on them? :sad: I weep. We wait in line--20 minutes. The line is so long, it's actually weaving around the left side of the golf ball. Amazing.

At this point, it's definitely raining, though, so people are probably looking to get inside. And instead of going into a shop, restaurant, Innoventions, or the bathroom, they decide to converge en masse to Spaceship Earth.

Whatever. I'm not bitter.

Q and I ride, and I just love this ride. I know people have lamented the loss of Jeremy Irons as narrator, but I adore Judi Dench and am fine with the change. Quinn, of course, thinks the part where your heads are on the cartoon people is just the best thing ever, so it's a win-win.

We emerge, and meet up with Tim and Liam, and hey! It's really raining now. But it's okay, because we're going to The Land. It's time to use our Soarin' FPs!

I am especially thrilled about this, because last year, we missed this ride. I know. My DIS membership should be revoked. :badpc:

Enough about that. We get in the FP line, which moves pretty quickly. I don't know to request a certain seat area (how I missed that in my months of research, I do not know), so we unfortunately get a row with a foot view overhead.

But, we're on!! Everyone gets buckled, and we rise up, and IT IS AWESOME. :smokin:

Black dots on screen notwithstanding, we all love this ride. Even Quinn

:thanks:

who, I learn after we get off the ride, had to be talked down from a minor freakout. He apparently didn't like the beginning where the seats rise, but Tim (god bless him) was able to calm him down, and then he loved it.

Crisis averted! And look--a ride the whole family can do! It's a Festivus Miracle!

We exit Soarin' and notice that a very high percentage of people are in ponchos in the Land now. And those who are not in ponchos are drenched. We look out the front doors and---woo hoo, it's a severe storm.

Well, we're dry this time, so there are no tears on my part. :cheer2: We head over to Living With the Land, another family favorite.

As we board, Quinn asks the question that he asks more often than any others on the trip. More often than "Can I have this toy?" More often than "Can I get a drink of water?" More often than "Can we get a stroller now? I'm TIRED!!!!"

He asks,
"Does this ride have a drop?"

I totally scarred this kid.

We explain, AGAIN, that the ride doesn't have seatbelts or even a lap bar, so he'll be fine. And away we go.

The ride is great as usual, and this time it's even more interesting, because it's raining so hard the greenhouse roof is leaking. Dang, I'm glad we're inside for this one. What a doozy! We sail past the soilless vegetables, the fish, the baby alligators, and hop off.

There is now an even larger crowd at the front doors attempting to wait this one out, so we do the Circle of Life, which we didn't do last time, and oh, I forgot, I did cry today. At the little oil-covered animals in the film. :( Humans suck.

After the Circle of Life, we wait the storm out some more, and when we determine the wind has stopped and the storm doesn't look like it wants to wipe out humanity anymore, we head out. We grab the stroller from the Land Stroller Parking Lot and decide it's a good time to head to World Showcase.

It's early evening, so it's time for a drink. Tim hits up one of the places in Britain for a beer. I look over, realize Quinn has been quiet for a while, and, yes, it's true. He has fallen asleep.

In the stroller. In the rain. In a poncho. This kid will sleep anywhere.

Evidence.
dis22.jpg

Next it's over to France, where I get my favorite frou frou $10 alcoholic beverage: The Grey Goose Slush.

No pics. I drink it before I thought about taking any.

For dinner, we grabbed frankfurters and brats from Germany, and more beer. And a pretzel for Quinn. I browsed in Karamelle Kuche, and for some reason I will never understand, didn't buy anything.

At this point it was really just drizzling, and we didn't need our poncho hoods. Ah, the sweet taste of freedom.

Also, we noticed as we looked around, that the park was really pretty empty. It seems most people had more sense than we did, and left during the huge storm. But, having waited it out, it was actually quite pleasant now, and we'd be able to watch Illuminations soon. I love Illuminations, a lot, and am very excited.

Quinn and I book over to France, where I get a napoleon and he gets a chocolate chip cookie, and then over to America to meet up with Tim and Liam, who were getting funnel cakes. Liam has picked a viewing spot so as best to see the globe.

Let me say at this point that the park is dam* near deserted. If we had any sense at all, we'd have been front and center in Mexico. But we are in AMERICA.

And we are UNDER A TREE.

Because we are a family of geniuses.

As the fireworks start, we realize the error of our ways, but it's too late to move, of course.

This is our view.
P1000774.jpg

Note the tree. And the leaves.
P1000776.jpg

:wave2: <------Idiot.

Well, no matter. We'll have many chances to see Illuminations again, and I don't want any of you to be worried, so rest assured that we get a great view on an upcoming night. Okay? Now you can sleep soundly tonight.

Illuminations is great, and I tear up because I love it, and when it ends we are ready to call it a night. We trudge back to the entrance of Future World, return the stroller, get to the bus stop, squish on with 2,412 other CBR residents, and make it back to our room, where our Zappos order of waterproof gear is waiting for us.

We shower, chill out, check out the merchandise, and conk. Tomorrow is a day of favorites: Tusker House, and Animal Kingdom!

Day 3: Fin.

Subscribing!! Love it! Without spoiling a part of my TR I haven't gotten to yet, I made a similar ride mistake! And we also had a day where I cried! I'm hoping Cape May breakfast was a much better experience for y'all!

Hi, and oh no!! :goodvibes I'm sorry that you cried. :( Crying on vacation is the absolute pits. :(

Another member of Laura's Army reporting for duty.:thumbsup2

I also love LOST. However, the show made me very angry because I had to ask my little brother what the he** was going on after every episode.

Very excited asterisks are welcome, sometimes I have trouble coming up with clean words to use.

My 5 year old does not stop speaking from the moment she wakes up in the morning to well after we've put her to bed.

I only have a smallish rain story, but since I already wrote about it in my trip report I won't bother you with it here. :rolleyes1

I also love LOST. However, the show made me very angry because I had to ask my little brother what the he** was going on after every episode.

Very excited asterisks are welcome, sometimes I have trouble coming up with clean words to use.

My 5 year old does not stop speaking from the moment she wakes up in the morning to well after we've put her to bed.

I only have a smallish rain story, but since I already wrote about it in my trip report I won't bother you with it here. :rolleyes1

Yes, another lover of LOST!!! if you have any remaining questions, hit me up. I am always up for chatting about it. And I just caught up on True Blood last night, so now I'm ready to watch a few more eps of S3 Lost, where I left off before vacation.

What is it with these kids never shutting up? Is it the age? I don't remember my oldest being like this. I either forgot (as I do with many parenting related things), or they really are just different kids.

Asterisks are welcome and even encouraged. Sometimes you just need to say F***.

I shall be over later to read your rain story. Small does not mean insignificant, after all. ;)

Oh, you had me at Festivus miracle. :) (Looking at our company Festivus pole next to my cube!)

Jill in CO

Offspring #2 wins today's Fight to the Death for the blinky buzzer.

Luckily, unless we are with our friends and their kids, we can avoid that.

I really love Donald.

The characters have cute outfits here!

I really love how Liam hugs the characters so earnestly. Just makes my heart all bursty, you know?

I do know. My heart gets bursty a lot at Disney.

We make it back to Epcot in two shakes of a lamb's tail (however long that is. Anyone know?). At any rate, it's fast, and while I knew the Epcot resorts were close to the International Gateway entrance, I honestly didn't realize they were *that* close. Even with my dawdly dawdlers dawdling along, we are in the park in less than five minutes.

Love that area! It's so nice to get to World Showcase without trudging through Future World.

As a reward, Tim hits up one of our favorite Epcot carts. At this cart, they sell iced coffee.

With a kick, people.

That's right. Not even noon, and I'm slurping up iced coffee with amaretto. Because I'm in Epcot, and I can.

It's five o'clock somewhere.

We missed Innoventions last year (I know--say what now?)

What now?

Except MOST THRILL RIDES DON'T HAVE BARF BAGS.

I've only been on the green side and I didn't know they had those on the other. Green's the tame one, right? Shouldn't the barf bag one be green?

I am especially thrilled about this, because last year, we missed this ride. I know. My DIS membership should be revoked. :badpc:

Bad DISer!

There is now an even larger crowd at the front doors attempting to wait this one out, so we do the Circle of Life, which we didn't do last time, and oh, I forgot, I did cry today. At the little oil-covered animals in the film. :( Humans suck.

I think avoiding a storm is the only reason I would watch that again.

Next it's over to France, where I get my favorite frou frou $10 alcoholic beverage: The Grey Goose Slush..

I have to try that one. I thought the Grand Marnier one was too sweet and I ended up giving it to my brother.

Let me say at this point that the park is dam* near deserted. If we had any sense at all, we'd have been front and center in Mexico. But we are in AMERICA.

And we are UNDER A TREE.

Hindsight.

Great update! Glad you were able to have a fun day despite the rain.

Oooh. I like that. Laura's Army!

I think that's a little hint to click below...

Yes, another lover of LOST!!! if you have any remaining questions, hit me up. I am always up for chatting about it. And I just caught up on True Blood last night, so now I'm ready to watch a few more eps of S3 Lost, where I left off before vacation.

What is it with these kids never shutting up? Is it the age? I don't remember my oldest being like this. I either forgot (as I do with many parenting related things), or they really are just different kids.

Asterisks are welcome and even encouraged. Sometimes you just need to say F***.

I shall be over later to read your rain story. Small does not mean insignificant, after all. ;)

I'm not sure that I'm ready to talk about it yet. I got myself all worked up just thinking about some of the more 'out-there' story lines. Usually lil bro and I's conversations would go something like this after an episode.

Me: So what the he** just happened?

Him: Well, I think that it's an alternate state of consciousness, but the guys on my PS3 network think that maybe it's a dream

Me: It can't be a dream. Dallas already did that, and then Roseanne did too. It'd make people made. JJ is too smart for that.

Him: Well, what are you asking

Me: Is Kate/Jack/Hurley really off the island,and if so, why are they still showing them on it?

Him: Blah, Blah, Blah, PS3 friends, internet sight, Blah.

Me: And furthermore, is Boone really dead? Because I loved him.

Him: I'm going to bed. I'll talk to you later.

Me: I hate this show.

DD5 from her bed: Hate is not a nice word to say Mommy.

Loved the last update, I'm all caught up. Sounds like a good day in Epcot once the rain let up. I am also kicking myself for not buying any thing from the Caramel Shop. How hungry did I think I needed to be to get something? I'm not hungry now, but I could eat caramel.

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed Soarin. It is nice to have something that is actually fun that the whole family likes.

We don't do Mission Barf. DH doesn't enjoy throw up rides, and I've never felt the need to do it alone. Or with just a 5 year old diva who would surely hate it.

Mine too.

I thought you might.

Huh? What on earth do you mean? Oh that giant purple link to my latest TR masterpiece? Well, I mean, if you want to. :blush:

Yummy Adult Beverages!!!

Everyone raves about the GreyGoose Slushies! Last time I was too involved with my Margaritta from La Cava to be bothered but next time it is on my list.

I now have another one to add to my list (from Coffee cart) Coffee+Amaretto/Baileys/Kahlua ect = perfect morning :rolleyes1

Also Mission Space is :sick: if you ask me... I dont even walk near the pavillion :scared: I road it once in 2005 when it first opened and I was done.

Huh? What on earth do you mean? Oh that giant purple link to my latest TR masterpiece? Well, I mean, if you want to. :blush:

Yes. Subtle.

Yummy Adult Beverages!!!

Everyone raves about the GreyGoose Slushies! Last time I was too involved with my Margaritta from La Cava to be bothered but next time it is on my list.

I now have another one to add to my list (from Coffee cart) Coffee+Amaretto/Baileys/Kahlua ect = perfect morning :rolleyes1

Also Mission Space is :sick: if you ask me... I dont even walk near the pavillion :scared: I road it once in 2005 when it first opened and I was done.

I'm curious about the jalapeño margarita. Anyone tried that?

Thanks for the great updates! Cape May looks like a really fun breakfast. We had an ADR for that one last October, but (as with many of our ADRs), we ended up canceling. :confused3 Maybe next time!

You all sure are making the best of a LOT of rain. I don't know how I would do in that situation. :scared:

I have never done Mission: Space. My DD hasn't been tall enough yet. I am sure that I will "have to" go on it once she is. I guarantee that we will be doing green! :laughing: I also guarantee that, after we do green, there will be a big argument about how we "need to" do orange. :rolleyes:

I'm excited to hear what you think of the Boardwalk. We stayed at BWV last year, and we loved it soooo much! :cheer2:

Oh, you had me at Festivus miracle. :) (Looking at our company Festivus pole next to my cube!)

Jill in CO
:lmao:

Luckily, unless we are with our friends and their kids, we can avoid that.

The characters have cute outfits here!

Love that area! It's so nice to get to World Showcase without trudging through Future World.

It's five o'clock somewhere.

I've only been on the green side and I didn't know they had those on the other. Green's the tame one, right? Shouldn't the barf bag one be green?

Bad DISer!

I think avoiding a storm is the only reason I would watch that again.

I have to try that one. I thought the Grand Marnier one was too sweet and I ended up giving it to my brother.

Hindsight.

Great update! Glad you were able to have a fun day despite the rain.

I tried the Grand Marnier one as well and was just not as impressed. It was really, really sweet. Just a little too orange for me. I think I had the grey goose one at least three, maybe four times this trip. I loved it.

I told Tim that this trip, my souvenir money was going to go to overpriced alcoholic drinks. :dance3:

I will talk more about this after we switch resorts, but I was so in love with the Epcot resorts area. Walking over in just a few minutes was worth every penny we paid to stay there. In fact, by the time we checked out, I think Tim was a little tired of Epcot. :rotfl:

The Circle of Life movie really made me feel bad. :( I have a terrific soft spot for animals (our dogs are rescues, and the ones we've had previously were, too)--it just kills me to see images of those poor helpless babies all messed up because PEOPLE SUCK.

Okay, I just asked Liam and Tim and both said there were barf bags on the green side of Mission: Don't Barf. So I guess they are covering all their bases there regarding that joy of a ride.

And yes, Day 3 was such an improvement over Day 2. They weren't even in the same league. it was definitely a bummer to look out after Soarin' and see that we were in the midst of such a big storm, but seeing as we were inside and a bit more prepared (if only mentally), it just wasn't as bad. :)

I'm not sure that I'm ready to talk about it yet. I got myself all worked up just thinking about some of the more 'out-there' story lines. Usually lil bro and I's conversations would go something like this after an episode.

Me: So what the he** just happened?

Him: Well, I think that it's an alternate state of consciousness, but the guys on my PS3 network think that maybe it's a dream

Me: It can't be a dream. Dallas already did that, and then Roseanne did too. It'd make people made. JJ is too smart for that.

Him: Well, what are you asking

Me: Is Kate/Jack/Hurley really off the island,and if so, why are they still showing them on it?

Him: Blah, Blah, Blah, PS3 friends, internet sight, Blah.

Me: And furthermore, is Boone really dead? Because I loved him.

Him: I'm going to bed. I'll talk to you later.

Me: I hate this show.

DD5 from her bed: Hate is not a nice word to say Mommy.

Loved the last update, I'm all caught up. Sounds like a good day in Epcot once the rain let up. I am also kicking myself for not buying any thing from the Caramel Shop. How hungry did I think I needed to be to get something? I'm not hungry now, but I could eat caramel.

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed Soarin. It is nice to have something that is actually fun that the whole family likes.

We don't do Mission Barf. DH doesn't enjoy throw up rides, and I've never felt the need to do it alone. Or with just a 5 year old diva who would surely hate it.

I was so incredibly relieved that Quinn liked Soarin'. And frankly, I think Tim might have run away if he had protested that one :rotfl: So glad it worked out.

Well, Liam really loves MS, but Tim and I only go on it because he likes it. Quinn wouldn't go on it if someone offered him sugar at every meal for the rest of his life. It's well done, thematically, of course; and it does feature Gary Sinise, who I adore (moreso for the tv adaptation of The Stand than for CSI: NY, but that's just me), but other than cool theming and Gary--it's just a no go in my book.

You know, now that I think about it, it's kind of weird that Liam loved the orange side so much. He gets carsick at the drop of a hat. What gives?

I could eat caramel too. Right this second. Do I have any? Nope.

:headache: I should have brought some back. Those caramels with sea salt and dark chocolate...Why didn't I bring any of that back with me? Sometimes I can't explain my behavior.

Your LOST conversation is cracking me right up. I can't count the number of times I heard the "THUD" and then LOST comes on the screen and I'm all, what the what?? And then I'd run to some internet message board and pray that people could help me make sense of things. It really was a complicated show--so many characters, so much (overlapping) backstory, the time travel stuff, dharma, the numbers...When it aired (live) I couldn't have any distractions while it was on. Oh, no no no. So Tim would take the kids and get them ready for bed, and I'd lock myself in the bedroom and watch, with the DVR remote in hand in case I missed a line of dialogue or something.

:rolleyes1

When Boone died, I couldn't believe it. I was a wreck.

When I watched season 1 again a couple of months ago, I cried, again, even though I obviously knew it was coming. And when he showed up in the finale, I cheered. I loved him.

When Shannon got shot, Tim and I both cheered. Same with Ana Lucia.

I'll stop now. :rotfl:

I do!!!

Yummy Adult Beverages!!!

Yeah, honestly, I will MAYBE do MS one more time in the future with Liam but I think I've hit my limit on that one.

You have to try the grey goose slush! Really, it's awesome. And it comes in a cute little french oooh la la glass (well, it's plastic), too.

You can't go wrong with a margarita, though, ever. I had a delicious one the night we watched Illuminations in Mexico (a few days later). So good!

Definitely hit up that coffee cart!!! Spiked coffees are one of my most favorite things, ever.

Subscribing!
Loving this so far :)

Hey there--thank you!! :goodvibes

Yes. Subtle.

I'm curious about the jalapeño margarita. Anyone tried that?

Ooh, no, I didn't. Sounds interesting. And spicy. I like spicy.

Thanks for the great updates! Cape May looks like a really fun breakfast. We had an ADR for that one last October, but (as with many of our ADRs), we ended up canceling. :confused3 Maybe next time!

You all sure are making the best of a LOT of rain. I don't know how I would do in that situation. :scared:

I have never done Mission: Space. My DD hasn't been tall enough yet. I am sure that I will "have to" go on it once she is. I guarantee that we will be doing green! :laughing: I also guarantee that, after we do green, there will be a big argument about how we "need to" do orange. :rolleyes:

I'm excited to hear what you think of the Boardwalk. We stayed at BWV last year, and we loved it soooo much! :cheer2:

Hey, you can only do so many TS restaurants. We canceled a couple of them this trip, too. But do keep it in mind for future visits! The character interaction was really good, the food was not bad at all, and it's in such a bright, sunny location. We liked it a lot!

Good luck in the future regarding the orange team. I strongly urge you to prepare your arguments now. :rotfl:

I too am looking forward to the part of the TR where we switch over to the BWI, because while CBR is nice and all, the BWI is where I was really, really excited to stay. :cloud9:

The rain thing--in all honesty, it was hard. I don't mind a drizzle too much, but the actual storms were hard on our outlook. The kids didn't seem to mind (exhibit A: child asleep in stroller) but it took a lot of positive thinking on our part to keep our spirits up. I just wish I'd been more prepared for the type of rain we got initially. I honestly thought it was just going to be the typical afternoon thunderstorms.

I am so glad we were in Epcot this day, though. I think it made all the difference. Yay, another reason Epcot rocks!! :banana:

I am loving your report. On our last trip I had a good cry on Tom Sawyers Island also. We were travelling with a large group of people who did not see a need to plan anything and it started raining and I lost it. :hug: So my dh decided then and there that the next time we go to WDW, we are not telling anybody. We are going alone. ;)

We love Epcot also. Your pictures from Cape May were great. I need to put them on my ADR list. :goodvibes

darn. nebo has owed me a grand marnier slushie for a few trips now, and I was bound and determined to get one next trip.. now you have me rethinking.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter