11 nights! 3 resorts! A goose egg at Biergarten! A 9 year old IN A STROLLER! New 8/6!

Definitely part of the fun of report writing especially when the conversation veers in unexpected ways.

We're in New Jersey but I walk fast for here too!

That is priceless! Why does it have to be defunct?

Yes, and thank you for doing a great job with your report and not making me look like an *ss.

:angel:

:rotfl: I shall continue to do my best.

Fast walkers unite. I am fairly certain I walked fast when I lived in CT, too. I'm always on a mission.

I love when trip reports' conversations take unexpected turns! Such fun to really chat with people. I'm really very happy that I decided to do this--it's been so great to write and remember everything (even the difficult stuff), and I've enjoyed starting to get to know so many people here on the DIS. :hippie:

Click here to read post 145 to see deep puddle pictures!

I just copied the link to my TR that I spoke about with the almost knee deep puddles.

Just easier to do it this way. Go to post 145.

I posted it already, but I don't see it, oh well.

It's an old report that is now locked.

OHMYGAH. You and your poor family!! How awful! I felt just terrible for all of you, having to leave the MK after hardly any time in it at all due to the rain. I am so sorry. :( I haven't read further, but I hope your kids were able to cheer up. That's so hard. Poor babies--poor you. :hug:

BTW, that is how the rain was that first day in MK (and on a later day in MK, which I'll talk about later!)--just dumping down, not even rain but like buckets of water, collecting in puddles that were ankle deep. And to see so many rides shut down is just so sad. Splash is one of the ones we didn't get to do that day either, since they shut it down due to lightning.

:( :hug:

Oh, I hope you enjoyed BWI as much as you were expecting!

It really seems like you made the best of the rain. I fear I would have had at least a few meltdowns over it. I really hate getting rained on. Although I guess if I have to get rained on, I'd rather by at WDW than here! :laughing:

Yes! I told that to myself many times. I also sighed a lot when it was time to put on the ponchos.

And there was one time I threw a tantrum in AK (I think it was our last park day). :rolleyes1 It wasn't a bad tantrum, but I did jump up and down and yell something like "I AM SO SICK OF WEARING PONCHOS!!!!!" and there were many witnesses. :rotfl: We did try to make the best of it, and making jokes about the garbage bag ponchos did help some. :rotfl:

I loved BWI. Seriously loved it. What a gorgeous resort.

I studied history as well, and have a fondness for early 20th century social history, so staying in a resort that aimed to replicate early 20th century Atlantic City was really appealing to me. I loved all the little touches they had around the resort to really make it feel authentic.

but more on that later! We're still at CBR. :rotfl:

Quite honestly the best trip report I've read in a very long time!

Subscribing... popcorn::

Oh my goodness--what a kind thing to say! Thank you, and welcome! :goodvibes

I loved the LOST finale, it pulled together the whole series for me. I can totally see how hard-core fans might not have liked it though. Maybe it tied things up a little too neatly? That's how my little brother felt.

Another fast walker here! I blame it on being so short and spending a life time trying to keep up with tall people.

Aren't you glad that we all gave Laura credit for pointing us to your TR? Now you can blame her when you have to spend an hour doing replies every night! :rotfl:

Seriously though, I'm really enjoying the TR and getting to know you too!:goodvibes Anywhere you can find sarcastic, cursing Disney lovers is all right by me!

Click here to read post 145 to see deep puddle pictures!

I just copied the link to my TR that I spoke about with the almost knee deep puddles.

Just easier to do it this way. Go to post 145.

I posted it already, but I don't see it, oh well.

It's an old report that is now locked.

Wow Monica! That is some crazy rain! It looks like you all made the best of it though.

Another fast walker here! I blame it on being so short and spending a life time trying to keep up with tall people.

I blame it on my mom. She's a fast walker too. Of course she had to be with five kids.

Aren't you glad that we all gave Laura credit for pointing us to your TR? Now you can blame her when you have to spend an hour doing replies every night! :rotfl:

She is thanking me when she writes her replies Shannon!

Right?

Right?

Seriously though, I'm really enjoying the TR and getting to know you too!:goodvibes Anywhere you can find sarcastic, cursing Disney lovers is all right by me!

Agreed!

Right before we got to Disney that year and hurricane came through. The ground was so over saturated, if that is possible, and the water had no where to go, so it just collected EVERYWHERE!

It was tough because that was our only day in MK that trip, but we did have another one planned that same year in December.

No, please, chat away! I love it. So glad you're enjoying the TR! It does feel good to know I'm not just talking to myself (as I appear to do so much IRL).

I talk to myself all the time. LOL!! It's so bad sometimes that the girls at work think I'm talking to them.

That's too funny about Liam being mad at you for not waking him up. Aren't kids funny?

I loved the LOST finale, it pulled together the whole series for me. I can totally see how hard-core fans might not have liked it though. Maybe it tied things up a little too neatly? That's how my little brother felt.

:love:

Interesting that your brother, as a hardcore fan, didn't love the finale. I am super hard core and really, really liked it. I wish Eko had come back (and I wish he hadn't left to begin with--he was definitely one of my favorite characters), and certain things did irritate me (like Sayid ending up with Shannon--I understand that the point was to move on with people from the island, but that didn't jive as well with me since the show pushed Nadia as Sayid's one true love the entire series), but on the whole I thought it was a lovely way to end the show.

Wow Monica! That is some crazy rain! It looks like you all made the best of it though.

I blame it on my mom. She's a fast walker too. Of course she had to be with five kids.

She is thanking me when she writes her replies Shannon!

Right?

Right?

Agreed!

I don't mind writing replies in the least--I actually really enjoy it! :woohoo:

I talk to myself all the time. LOL!! It's so bad sometimes that the girls at work think I'm talking to them.

That's too funny about Liam being mad at you for not waking him up. Aren't kids funny?

I know! We were like, dude, you were obviously exhausted. And of course, if we had tried to wake him up during the ride, he'd have gotten p!ssy then, too.

Can't win sometimes. Kids!

Right before we got to Disney that year and hurricane came through. The ground was so over saturated, if that is possible, and the water had no where to go, so it just collected EVERYWHERE!

It was tough because that was our only day in MK that trip, but we did have another one planned that same year in December.

I think that was probably part of what happened to us, too. It had been storming for a few days before we got there, and I think the ground just wasn't used to it. Those puddles were crazy!

Oh, my gosh--we've done the septic tank fun right before vacation too! In our case, the whole foyer was flooded. It's good to always keep the septic guy on speed-dial if you have to live with a septic system. Love your report!

Oh, my gosh--we've done the septic tank fun right before vacation too! In our case, the whole foyer was flooded. It's good to always keep the septic guy on speed-dial if you have to live with a septic system. Love your report!

Oh no!!! Holy cow--that's terrible! I hope it didn't impact your vacation plans too terribly! I'm glad it all worked out fine for us, but ack, didn't need that as we were walking out the door.

Good plan on having the septic guy on speed dial. I'm going to enter his info into my phone later. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for reading!

Day 4: Animal Kingdom

(Working subtitle: A Tremendous Deluge of Characters)

Day 4 started with a lovely visit from a friend of mine who happened to be staying at CBR the same time we were. We had tried to meet up at MK two days prior, and were actually planning riding Splash together, but they got stuck in line at BTMRR during the rain, and then the Splash FP time had passed, and while I think we probably could have talked to a CM and ridden later, none of us wanted to be in the park anymore. Plus, we had our ill-fated 'Ohana reservation to make. Didn't want to miss that!

My friend and her family were leaving that day, but she drove over to our room with her little boy and we had a super awesome time visiting for a little bit. Liam showed her son all his games on my old Droid, and Quinn was dead to the world. Couldn't wake him up at all.

It's amazing to me how sometimes I'll accidentally breathe too loudly and wake him up, and other times he'll sleep through company coming over, loud talking, boisterous kids, rainstorms in a poncho...

Moving on.

After my friend and her little boy left, we got ourselves ready to head over to Animal Kingdom for the day. I know AK is many people's least favorite park at WDW, but we love it. It has the Safari (one of my favorite rides in the entire World), it evokes a more relaxing, leisurely feel (we love the little areas throughout where there are CMs available to talk about the animals), the theming and architecture just amazes me, and--oh yes--it houses our very favorite breakfast buffet in all of WDW (that we've tried, anyway):

Tusker House! And that's where we're headed now.

Off to the bus stop (we're old pros now, and don't get lost even once), where again, a bus arrives in not too long. It's a nice morning, and the resort looks very serene. I do love this waterview--although there are no balconies in the mod resorts, it is nice to come out here in the morning and see the lake, as opposed to a parking lot.

And this time we get a seat on the bus. Sweet!

The plan was for me to run over and get FPs for Expedition Everest while we waited for the blinky buzzer thing to go off, but we never even had to wait. We were immediately brought into the area where Donald is hanging out to take a pic with you (but not sign autographs). I was pretty surprised.

We go back to the waiting area, and it's not raining yet, so everyone is in a good mood.

ak.jpg

We get our pic taken with Donald, and we end up buying it because even though my hair looks like I should be fined, I am a sucker. And $30 in Disney is really equivalent to about a nickel in the outside world, so when you think about it, the picture is really a bargain.

After our gorgeous mugs are snapped with Safari Donald, I ask one of the CMs how long it will be before we're seated because I'd like to go run and get FPs. She doesn't think we have enough time and suggests waiting until we get inside and settled before we go.

But if that happens, I will probably miss character interaction and I can't have that. So, sorry, lovely CM lady, I am disregarding your suggestion and booking it to Asia.

As previously mentioned, I am a very fast walker. And when I'm by myself, I'm not only fast--I'm lizardlike, snaking in between people who are strolling with their strollers, pausing for pics in front of the tree of life, stopping in the middle of the road to look at a map. It's just me, and I zip through the crowd, grab the FPs, and zip back just in time to follow my family into the Tusker House dining room.

Well meaning but wrong CM: 0
Me: 1

We're in! And we love this place. It smells AWESOME. I could stand for quite a while in the buffet area just breathing it all in, but we're led to our table, which is in the main dining area, right by the door to the buffet. I actually like this location, because it's easier to duck in there for seconds (thirds?) and hurry back if need be (can't miss Goofy, people).

Our server comes by with the jungle juice, coffee, water, all that good stuff, and she is super nice but I notice the jungle juice tastes a little more watered down from last year. :( it's still delicious, but that discovery is saddening.

We're over it, though, and go in shifts to get some food. I love pretty much everything here--the breads, the meats, the bread pudding thing, everything. After our plates are piled high with enough food to make it through the zombie apocalypse, we sit down. The kids take out their autograph books and we eat and wait for some friends to stop by.

Which, after not too long, they do. :)

Safari Goofy is first. This is Liam's first autograph, by the way--we didn't get the books until after breakfast at Cape May, where Liam decided he was actually very interested in getting all the characters to sign a book. So this is his first autograph, and he is much more excited than he looks.

P1000778.jpg

Goofy is just so goofy, isn't he?
P1000780.jpg

P1000782.jpg

Mickey comes by to sign some autographs:
P1000783.jpg

and give some hugs:
P1000784.jpg

It takes Daisy a few minutes to arrive, though. We ask our server when she should be by, and she tells us in not too long, but she's fixing her eyelashes at the moment.

Always keep 'em waiting, right, Daisy?

Ah, here she is!
P1000788.jpg

I think she did a very good job with her lashes, personally. Nice and plump.
P1000789.jpg

P1000793.jpg

With that, we're out of there. Well, after we paid the check and bought the picture and yadda yadda yadda.

It's not quite EE time, but we can get new FPs, so I grab some for the safari and Liam wants to see more characters.

Like I told you earlier, Liam is on a mission this trip. So we jaunt on over to Camp Minnie Mickey to say hello to some friends. Liam decides he'd like to meet Chip and Dale first, so we get in line and wait for a bit.

While we are waiting, I notice another character just sort of come up out of nowhere and stand next to a building. Not many people seem to know who he is. I always thought when a character appeared, the people ran over in droves, but not this dude.

I nudge Tim. "Hey. Look over there. Isn't that Br'er Rabbit? What is he doing here? How come no one cares that he's here? What am I missing??"

I'm missing nothing, apparently. Liam and I go over there and he is next in line to greet Br'er Rabbit. Tim's theory is no one knows who he is.

I am gobsmacked. Br'er Freaking Rabbit. From my interactions with Dr. Google, it seems Br'er Rabbit is actually something of a rare sighting. Those people in line to meet Minnie don't know what they're missing.

P1000795.jpg

P1000797.jpg

P1000801.jpg

Careful readers may have noticed by this point that half of my children aren't here. Yes, that's right. Quinn is one of those don't-give-a-rat's-patootie about Br'er Rabbit people. Shame on you, child.

Chip and Dale may be a more regular sighting around Disney, but that doesn't make it any less exciting for my kids.

P1000805.jpg

P1000808.jpg

Hey, thanks for, like, even *trying* to look at the camera here, Quinn.

:rolleyes:

The kids have never seen the Jungle Book, but they still want to meet King Louie and Baloo.

P1000814.jpg

Apparently poor King Louie has cooties, because he doesn't get any love from either kid. Sorry, King Louie.

Hey, kids, you tired of meeting characters yet? No? All righty then. Let's wait in some more lines.

And pose.

P1000816.jpg

What the...? We just *met* Safari Donald! Like, two hours ago! But we wait in (a short) line to see him again, and get his autograph this time, because he is stingy at the Tusker House.

P1000820.jpg

Uh oh. What's that? Why, yes. It's your daily dose of the red garbage bag ponchos. As we waited to see Donald, it started to rain.

P1000820.jpg

But Donald will still hug you, even if you're in a garbage bag. He's an equal opportunity hugger, that Donald.

P1000824.jpg

So the rain stops, and we decide to go use our FPs for the safari that I'd gotten after breakfast. But when we get over there, the FP line is 40 minutes long. Yes, the FP line.

What?

We ask a CM what's up, and he says there is a white rhino in the road who won't move. If the rhino won't move, the rhino won't move, and they can't load the trucks.

We decide against waiting in that line, and decide we'll come back in half an hour and see if the line's any better. To pass the time, we go to the Boneyard. Yeah, it's a glorified playground, but the kids enjoy it. And this year, we found the dig site (its location mystified me last year--raise your hand if you're shocked), and it was a big hit.

As the Boneyard is a glorified playground, the Dig Site is a glorified sandbox. But the boys loved digging for the dinosaur bones quite a bit.

P1000829.jpg

Not sure why Quinn is shooting daggers at that kid there (he is generally great with other kids), but the child takes the hint and scrams.

P1000830.jpg

The kids have so much fun in here that we all forget to go back to check the Safari FP line. Um, oops. I still can't believe I forgot, as this is one of my favorite rides in all of WDW! But, seeing as we still have two more AK days awaiting us, I'm not too upset.

With that, it's time for me and Liam to go ride EE, which we do, and which I love, but surprisingly--he doesn't. Liam loved this ride last year and rode it at least three times, but he mentions to me that the drops are bigger than he remembered (what is it with my kids and drops???), and he doesn't want to ride it again.

No big deal, but now we have two FPs that we won't be using. Which means we get to do one of my favorite things ever at WDW.

Scalp them.

Ha ha, just kidding. We stake out a spot near the EE standby entrance and wait for a party of 2 people to walk by so we can offer them the FPs.

I absolutely don't mean to toot my own horn here-- I just really love doing this.

The first couple we ask is over the moon excited, but they explain to us that they can't take them because they are a party of 12. Seeing as we do not have 10 more FPs to give away, they thank us and head on in.

Not long after, we see a couple who is getting ready to enter the standby line. I stop them, and the guy is kind of incredulous. "Really?? You're SURE you aren't going to need them?" I assure them that no, we won't be using them, and they are so thankful and the girl is adorable and they both thank us profusely. And I get that awesome feeling of having done something to make someone's day at WDW better, and I love that feeling so much.

With that, we head back and meet up with Tim and Quinn again, and we decide that we'll go back to CBR and relax for a bit--maybe even use the pool if the weather cooperates.

On the way out, we stop and look at some animals.

The Liam is a rare sighting in the wild.

P1000832.jpg

P1000834.jpg

P1000835.jpg

P1000836.jpg

Wonder of wonders. Quinn appears to be mid sentence here.

P1000838.jpg

All right, we're out of here. We get a bus back to CBR and change into our swimsuits. It's gross out, but we all want to try the pool, so we'll give it a shot.

Oh, it just occurred to me that we definitely ate in the park after Tusker House, but I can't remember when. I know Liam had some chicken wings from one of the carts and really liked them. I believe Quinn had a pizza. Tim had fries

[audible gasp]

and I think I had the ribs from Flame Tree. How odd that I can't remember.

Okay, whatever, let's get to the pool already.

Oh, wait, one more thing. Somewhere in here, Tim called his parents, who were going to be joining us for part of the trip. They had made it safely and were checking into their room at the Beach Club CL. They are older, and we didn't expect that they would tour the parks with us all day, but we wanted to ask if they were going to be up for the MK fireworks later. Tim and I were expecting they'd say no, after traveling all day, and we were right. No big deal; they were going to be here well into the next week.

Also, we knew we'd be seeing them tomorrow, because much of the reason they came (and the reason we were staying so long) is because the next afternoon was to be a family get together with a whole host of people on Tim's side of the family who we had never met.

I have to say, I wasn't really looking forward to it, but it's family, and important, so of course we were going to go.

But more on that tomorrow. We're still at CBR, so let's get back there already!

We're all changed and sunscreened up, and we begin our walk over to OPR. Despite the yucky weather, the grounds are still lovely, and the walk is really very pleasant. It's right along the water, which the boys love.

P1000848.jpg

I call this "Contemplative Child with Duck"
P1000849.jpg

So we get to the pool, and--get this--it's raining. Woo hoo! No lightning, though, so the pool is open, and in we go.

I am FREEZING. Quinn and Liam appear to enjoy themselves. Tim wades in for a little bit. The pool is really fun, and I love the zero entry part. I wish the weather had been nicer so we really could have enjoyed it, but we really didn't stay long. When Quinn's lips started to turn blue, I got everyone out of there.

Of course, we had to hit the hot tub. Quinn loves hot tubs and spent a great deal of time last year in the ones at Wilderness Lodge. (Since it didn't rain on our trip last summer, we spent a bit more time at the pool.) Hanging out in the hot tub for a while is really nice, and I feel better when we emerge.

Quinn has to be given a quick lesson on chemistry, as he wants to GET BACK IN THE MAIN POOL, and though it takes a bit, he is eventually convinced that it would be like swimming in an ice cube. We dry off and grab some quick dinner--nuggets and fries in a sand pail for the kids, and fries for Tim.

Nothing for me, though. Oh, hmmm, why would that be?

I'll tell you why. It's because I've gotten it in my hard little head that this trip, I am going to have a lobster roll from Columbia Harbour House. I'm on a mission, and that will be my dinner tonight, and so be it.

The walk back, though slightly drizzly, is still very pleasant. CBR is really such a pretty resort, and I liked it a lot better when I don't have to use the buses. I really enjoyed all the times we walked anywhere while we stayed there. I don't think a 7 minute walk is too bad, and soon we're back at the room, changing and getting ready for MK EMH.

However, my dawdling children dawdled so much that it's well after nine when we finally make it back to MK, and by this point, if we want a decent spot for MMY and Wishes, we better stake it out now.

I'm not worried about my lobster roll. I'll get it after Wishes.

(You didn't think I'd quit with the foreshadowing, did you?)

Anyway, we actually do manage to get a good viewing spot, and I'm excited. For some reason last year we never saw Magic, Memories and You, and I am BLOWN AWAY. It's just beautiful, and so touching. And then we watch Wishes.

Ho hum.

wishes.jpg

Except it's not ho hum, it's positively BRILLIANT. Sweet mother of onion rings, Disney does fireworks right. I love this show, loved it last year and will surely love it when we return, and yes I am moved to tears there with my family, watching the fireworks explode over the castle.

Yes, I had a heart bursty moment indeed.

And when it passed, I turned to my family and said, "We better book it to CHH, because I don't know when it closes, and the lobster roll will be mine."

It's quite hard to plow through people after a show at Disney, but I do my best, and all you readers are surely screaming "YOU FLIPPING IDIOT, THEY'RE CLOSED, JUST GO TO CASEY'S" but I can't hear you, because of course you're not there.

And when we get to CHH, they are, without a doubt, closed, and I am bummed.

Bummed, yes--but defeated, no. There will be many more chances for my lobster roll, so I'm not giving up yet.

I am, however, starving, so it's off to Pecos Bill's, where I get a burger and everyone else gets some fries. We have 2 FPs for PP that someone gave us on the way in (funny how these things come around, you know?) and after we eat, Quinn and I head over to Fantasyland, while Tim and Liam go over to BTMRR.

We get to Peter Pan, and I get the requisite "Are there any drops?" and I reassure him that no, there are no drops, and you can tell because there's barely a lap bar and also there are infants on the ride. He believes me, and we get in, and he really likes it.

Phew.

Then we hit Pooh, which he loves, both because of the scene with Pooh eating the honey, and also because there are no drops.

We are dumped out into the gift shop (never saw that coming) and leave with a small Tigger. I mentioned earlier that I am a sucker, and that still applies here.

We meet back up with Tim and Liam, who enjoyed BTMRR, and then saw some of the 11 pm parade. One of Cinderella's mice gave Liam a "high tail," which he was rather excited about, so hooray for everyone having a nice evening.

Except by now it's after midnight and I am DYING. The kids really want to do Jungle Cruise, and we agree to do it. I love the Jungle Cruise, but really only like riding it at night. It's probably because the lack of light helps hide the cheeseball factor of a lot of the scenes, but whatever, it's still fun. And we have a decent skipper who pulls off the jokes pretty well ("It's the backside of WATER!!!").

I am struggling to move at this point, so tell the kids one more ride, and their choice brings me to tears, because I dislike their choice very much, and also my feet are thisclose to falling off.

They have elected to do Tomorrowland Speedway, which, according to my Mobile Magic app, has a 20 minute wait. 20 minutes or less is our rule for that ride, so we make our way over there and wait in the terrifically boring queue for 20 terrifically boring minutes, and then my kids get to pretend they are race car drivers racing all over creation, except they are on a track going eight miles per hour.

Whatever, it's done, and we are leaving. I never really like leaving a park, but when I can't really lift my feet without muttering an obscenity, it's time to go.

We're bussed out of there, make the loop around the resort, shuffle back to our room, and collapse. Tomorrow the only plans we have are to go to Tim's cousin's house in the afternoon, so no need to set an alarm, which feels really nice. We're all out quickly. It was a pretty good day. :)

Wow - great updates! Your AK time sounds great. I can't wait until DD is tall enough for EE - I know that she will love it! I think the Tusker House breakfast looks like a lot of fun. I'm putting it on our list! We spent a LOT of time in that character area of AK last year too. :rotfl: They had some really great characters over there.

Sorry about the rain. Again. :scared:

What a nice MK evening, although I would have been exhausted - that was a LONG day!

Wow - great updates! Your AK time sounds great. I can't wait until DD is tall enough for EE - I know that she will love it! I think the Tusker House breakfast looks like a lot of fun. I'm putting it on our list! We spent a LOT of time in that character area of AK last year too. :rotfl: They had some really great characters over there.

Sorry about the rain. Again. :scared:

What a nice MK evening, although I would have been exhausted - that was a LONG day!

Hi!! :goodvibes yeah, I really really love AK, and just enjoy being in that park, you know? It just has a wonderful feel to it, in my opinion.

Tusker House is really great. I'm so happy that both times we've been there, we've been pleased. I think you'd really love it!

Yeah, I was hurting by the end of that day. So glad we got to sleep in and take it easy the next day--that helped so much!

Great updates!!

Tusker House breakfast is my new favorite in all of the World. It's incredible! I do wonder why Donald won't sign outside though.

Way to stick it to the know-nothing CM, you scored your FPs! Love the line about Daisy fixing her lashes, the eyelashes are Maddie's favorite thing about her.

You saw some great characters! The Jungle Book guys are pretty rare I think, and I've never seen B'rer Rabbit on anyone's TR. And I read a LOT of TRs, I'm addicted to them.

Sorry the weather didn't cooperate for your afternoon in the pool, but the hot tub is nice too!

Isn't M,M,Y amazing???? I love it,and cry every single time I see it.

So sorry about that lobster roll.

That was one fun-filled day! Can't wait to hear more!

After my friend and her little boy left, we got ourselves ready to head over to Animal Kingdom for the day. I know AK is many people's least favorite park at WDW, but we love it. It has the Safari (one of my favorite rides in the entire World), it evokes a more relaxing, leisurely feel (we love the little areas throughout where there are CMs available to talk about the animals), the theming and architecture just amazes me, and--oh yes--it houses our very favorite breakfast buffet in all of WDW (that we've tried, anyway):

I love this park too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's so hot and the walkways are always crowded. And even after all our visits I still have a hard time remembering how to get to Asia from Africa.

because even though my hair looks like I should be fined

I am totally stealing this line.

As previously mentioned, I am a very fast walker. And when I'm by myself, I'm not only fast--I'm lizardlike, snaking in between people who are strolling with their strollers

Me too! I can go after FPs like my life depends on it.

it's still delicious, but that discovery is saddening.

You crack me up.

I nudge Tim. "Hey. Look over there. Isn't that Br'er Rabbit? What is he doing here? How come no one cares that he's here? What am I missing??"

I'm missing nothing, apparently. Liam and I go over there and he is next in line to greet Br'er Rabbit. Tim's theory is no one knows who he is.

I think if people don't see a line, they don't know they can get autographs.

From my interactions with Dr. Google,

Stealing this one too.

We decide against waiting in that line, and decide we'll come back in half an hour and see if the line's any better. To pass the time, we go to the Boneyard. Yeah, it's a glorified playground, but the kids enjoy it. And this year, we found the dig site (its location mystified me last year--raise your hand if you're shocked), and it was a big hit.[/QUOTE]

It took us a couple visits to find that too.

[quote="mirage0306, post: 45270979"][IMG]
I absolutely don't mean to toot my own horn here-- I just really love doing this. [/QUOTE]

Me too and it's disappointing when you get a ho hum reaction from the recipients.

When Quinn's lips started to turn blue, I got everyone out of there.[/QUOTE]

Good parenting right there.

Nothing for me, though. Oh, hmmm, why would that be?

I'll tell you why. It's because I've gotten it in my hard little head that this trip, I am going to have a lobster roll from Columbia Harbour House. I'm on a mission, and that will be my dinner tonight, and so be it.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about how that is.

[quote="mirage0306, post: 45270979"]
I'm not worried about my lobster roll. I'll get it after Wishes.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait!

[quote="mirage0306, post: 45270979"]Anyway, we actually do manage to get a good viewing spot, and I'm excited. For some reason last year we never saw Magic, Memories and You, and I am BLOWN AWAY. It's just beautiful, and so touching. And then we watch Wishes.[/QUOTE]

Love that show, especially if we get a spot right in front of the castle.

Sweet mother of onion rings, [/QUOTE]

Stealing that one too.

Yes, I had a heart bursty moment indeed.[/QUOTE]

Happens to me every time.

[quote="mirage0306, post: 45270979"]And when it passed, I turned to my family and said, "We better book it to CHH, because I don't know when it closes, and the lobster roll will be mine."[/QUOTE]

Yay! Lobster roll time!

[quote="mirage0306, post: 45270979"]It's quite hard to plow through people after a show at Disney, but I do my best, and all you readers are surely screaming "YOU FLIPPING IDIOT, THEY'RE CLOSED, JUST GO TO CASEY'S" but I can't hear you, because of course you're not there.

And when we get to CHH, they are, without a doubt, closed, and I am bummed.[/QUOTE]

Boo! I wanted to hear about the lobster roll!

[quote="mirage0306, post: 45270979"]Bummed, yes--but defeated, no. There will be many more chances for my lobster roll, so I'm not giving up yet.[/QUOTE]

Phew. There's still hope.

[quote="mirage0306, post: 45270979"]I am, however, starving, so it's off to Pecos Bill's, where I get a burger and everyone else gets some fries. [/QUOTE]

Do these guys ever get sick of fries?

We meet back up with Tim and Liam, who enjoyed BTMRR, and then saw some of the 11 pm parade. One of Cinderella's mice gave Liam a "high tail," which he was rather excited about, so hooray for everyone having a nice evening. [/QUOTE]

:cool1:

I am struggling to move at this point, so tell the kids one more ride, and their choice brings me to tears, because I dislike their choice very much, and also my feet are thisclose to falling off. [/QUOTE]

I dislike that choice too, just for the fumes alone.

Great chapter and photos!!

Animal Kingdom is one of our family's favorite parks. Especially now that they have EE.

I'm glad that you enjoyed Tusker House. We are really looking forward to eating there!!

Love the pictures of them by the lake.

I've always loved the corny jokes on the Jungle Cruise. LOL! Ohhhh, ahhh.... LOL!! Makes me smile thinking about them. LOL!!

Can't wait to read more!

Thank you so much for sharing. It is great reading about someone that has had the same experiences as my family. I tell you it rains everyday when we go down, weather it is in December, June, July or even October. But that is ok, we are not made of sugar and just keep moving forward.

We love Tusker House. It is my favorite character meal. The food is great and the character interaction is awesome.

We have given away FP for EE, also. My dd will ride RRC but not EE because of the drop. :confused3 I am going to try to bribe her next time. :lmao:

Love all of the pictures of your boys. Especially the ones by the lake. Great report!

Enjoyed the update, and seeing all the pics of the boys and the characters. :)

We've only eaten breakfast at Tusker House one time, but we enjoyed it. Seeing as how the dining choices are so limited at AK, it's probably the best one for table service in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter