11 nights! 3 resorts! A goose egg at Biergarten! A 9 year old IN A STROLLER! New 8/6!

Can't wait to read more. We are thinking about staying at CBR next May in a pirate room.:thumbsup2

The pirate rooms are super, super cool. So well themed. The only problem is the location. Trinidad South is pretty far away from everything. But my boys LOVED the room! I hope our stay will help you decide if it would work for you!

Joining in :)
Great Start and Very Funny :rotfl:
Can't wait to hear about your first day in the park! (good bad or ugly) lol

There were good times, there were bad times...There were, above all else, rainy times. :rotfl:

Hey let me guess! You were watching Lost? and not the weather.

Laura reeled me over, hooked me over, sent me, oh, she said you were funny.

I like funny.

And you are!

We were in disney right after Katrina, I have some wet photos to compare with yours. I'll wait for you to post yours first.

Hi Laura! :wave:
Oh wow--it must have been REALLY rainy when you were there!!

You know what--I *was* watching LOST before we left. I am doing a rewatch of the series and was trying to get to a pivotal moment in season three and what I should have been doing was WATCHING THE WEATHER CHANNEL. :rolleyes1 Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20 vision, or whatever that saying is. ;)

I survived the Oct 7-9, 2011 monsoon at WDW. ;)

Jill in CO

We should start a support group. :cool2:

Whoop whoop!! Thanks!! I am off to visit yours as well!

Yay! Feel free to join in!

It will have torrential downpours that close rides, for which we were sadly unprepared!

(Audience: Boo!)

I agree. BOO! Bad hair day!

Laura reeled me over, hooked me over, sent me, oh, she said you were funny.

Meribeth, you'd better come over to my TR and bring your funny!

I like funny.

And you are!

Yes, and so is Monica!

We were in disney right after Katrina, I have some wet photos to compare with yours. I'll wait for you to post yours first.

Is this turning into a ______ contest? (I'm not sure where Meribeth's sensibilities lie yet. Not sure if one asterisk replacing a letter would do.)

Hi Laura! :wave:

Hi Monica!

I survived the Oct 7-9, 2011 monsoon at WDW. ;)

Jill in CO

I'd better make up some good rain stories.

I came over from Laura's trip report too. I am glad she posted the link. Great so far.

Well you had me at "septic tank" lol. I'm subbing in!!
Your boys are just cutie-patooties (hey is there a theme there???)
Anyway, it sounds like we are in for a fun-filled vacation week! Bring it on. :happytv:
(oh, and totally a Lost-aholic too... I feel ya).

Well, after page 1, I thought I could post I was reader #4 out of 4 readers from Laura's report, but I was beaten to the punch, LOL.

Great start :thumbsup2

:hippie:

:yay:

Yes, and so is Monica!
:rolleyes:

Is this turning into a __
Rain_weathermanf3.gif
____ contest? (I'm not sure where Meribeth's sensibilities lie yet. Not sure if one asterisk replacing a letter would do.)

Hi Monica!

:wave:

popcorn::
Hurry quick!

Day 2: In Which I Cry

Okay, so Day 2 of our eleven day trip was, without a doubt, the worst day of the vacation. I don't want to skimp on this day, but I also don't want to spend too much time on it, because remembering some aspects of it makes me sad. :( When we all go to WDW, of course we want to make magical memories and have fun and enjoy our children. And when that doesn't exactly happen, sometimes some of us become a little bit tearful. :sick:

But before I get into the day (which wasn't *all* bad!), I forgot I have a picture from Downtown Disney! We really were there!

Here's Quinn, posing with Lego Buzz and Lego Woody while Lego Employees actually start dimming the lights to kick us out of the Lego Store.
dis1.jpg

So, let's set the stage for Day 2. The underlying theme of the day is fatigue. A great way to begin your first park day would be to feel like you usually do when the day is over. :rotfl: As a result, we didn't even try for rope drop (though we are generally not rope drop people--due to the 2 hour difference in time, getting up to make RD on one of our first few days would be like getting up at 4 or 5 am. So we just don't worry much about it).

We get up around 8 or so and have breakfast in the room. Garden Grocer is, again, a hit! We used the service last year at the Wilderness Lodge and it made things much easier in the mornings.

So now is as good a time as any to mention the ridiculous food restrictions that Quinn and Tim have to deal with, because they will play quite a part in our visit. Liam and I can eat whatever, but the other two are a head chef's nightmare. Quinn is a *very* rambunctious and fidgety little boy. While much of this is, of course, normal for the age, we decided to try an experiment and cut out all food dye and artificial ingredients from his diet. And amazingly, it has really helped. He still talks more than the entire rest of the family combined, still interrupts, still has issues controlling his body--but they are much better when he has a clean diet.

Which is FLIPPING IMPOSSIBLE AT DISNEY. :scared:

But we are going to do our best to keep him from eating brightly colored stuff, at least. Aim high, little grasshoppahs.

As for Tim, the poor guy is intolerant of almost everything. Dairy is a no go, soy is bad, and gluten is off the table. At Disney, this leaves Tim with the amazing food selections of salads, fries, and possibly some meat and fruit. And eggs. That's one of the things that makes going to Disney hard--the serious food restrictions we have.

But WE LOVE DISNEY, and we are crazy, so we are willing to try!

With breakfast, I down my usual 4+ cups of coffee. I am useless without it. Even more useless than I usually am. Ha! So of course we knew that the rooms had switched to pod coffeemakers, and I had read that the pods were 100% Arrabica or something, and Tim (coffee snob) says that really means 100% crap. So we ordered some pods from Amazon and brought them with us.

51nWqLXkRFL._AA300_PIbundle-1,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Our coffee did not taste like crap, so hey, there's a positive for day 2.

Having eaten and gotten dressed and appropriately slathered with sunscreen, we headed out. I had my little bag, two water bottles with filters, and a neoprene sling to hold one of them. That was one of the smartest purchases I made before this trip. We are really not soda drinkers, and while of course we bought water sometimes, I really thought having our own water bottles was the way to go.

(The problem, you see, is I seriously cannot stand the way Disney water tastes. I don't know what they put in it, or what they don't take out of it, but the taste is very, um, unpalatable to me. And I am not that picky--I drink tap water all the time here at home. So I figured two refillable filtered water bottles at $15 total would easily pay for itself, considering those bottles of Dasani are $2.50 a pop.)

Anyway, we refilled those babies everywhere and I have to tell you all that they absolutely made the Disney water drinkable for us. Hey, there's another thing about this day that didn't suck!

The other thing we bring is our ponchos. Tim had purchased TWENTY from the military surplus store before we left--five for each of us. Twenty red garbage bag-esque ponchos. Wait till you see them. They are the height of 2012 Poncho Fashion.

He thought this number would be overkill.

(Hint: That's foreshadowing.)

I put four in my bag. Tim didn't bring any.

(More foreshadowing.)

So off we go to the bus stop. We go the wrong way, because I am in front, and once I got lost hiking on a trail behind a gas station not far from my house. True story. Lesson learned: Never let mom lead the way. We get there eventually, though, and after not too long, a bus to the MK comes along and we get on, and then we stop at four other villages and we are on our way. And then we arrive!

I check my Verizon Mobile Magic app once we get in the gates (because that only works when you are IN THE GATES, not even when you are getting off the bus, getting your bag checked, or waiting on the other side of the gates. That is one picky app) and we ask Liam what he wants to do first. The answer is BTMRR, so we go get FPs.

Let me also take this opportunity to mention that Quinn doesn't like a lot of rides. It can be challenging to tour the parks, because Liam will ride anything, but Quinn won't ride anything if there's a drop. Any drop. And your definition of a drop is probably not his. His definition of a drop is--well, let's just say I was worried he'd hate Peter Pan because of it.

Anyway, Liam and I hit BTMRR, and it's great, and it's OPEN after the refurb and I am so happy because if this one was down in addition to Test Track, I might have cried. Tim and Quinn do something. I don't remember what. Tim doesn't remember either. Trip report fail.

Then we switch. Tim goes off and rides with Liam, and Quinn and I do Pirates. Last year, this was his favorite ride and he probably rode it 10+ times with Tim, while Liam and I did all the mountains. I was expecting something similar this year.

I was wrong.

Any of you who have been to the MK this decade know that if you time it right, you can basically walk onto Pirates. And that's what we did last year. This time, we go to ride and the line is 20 minutes and the queue is out front and everything. Oh heck no, I say, but Quinn wants to ride, so we get in line and chat for a minute with a nice guy from South Africa. By the time we get in the boat, the nice guy from South Africa is wishing he never opened his mouth to chat because Quinn has told him our ages, birthplaces, favorite foods, BMI, and the time that Liam got in the airport elevator without us and i was scarred for life.

Then we ride. There are the seagulls, the mist, everyone's favorite meanyhead Blackbeard.

And, of course, the drop.

And after said drop, Quinn turns to me and says, with absolute certainty:
"Mom, they changed the ride. That drop is bigger than last year."

I shush him, but he's relentless.
"It IS! They must have done something to the ride! That drop was much scarier!"

We deboat (this is not a word, is it) and I know we're done for. What follows is a good ten minute long conversation about the drop in Pirates. I assure him that I have been planning this trip all year and I know what's been refurbed and what hasn't, and I am positive that Pirates is the exact same ride, and he loved it last year, and it didn't change at all.

He assures me that I am wrong.

RIP, POTC, for I shan't be seeing much more of you this trip. POTC is now off the ride rotation. :sad1:

We meet back up with Liam and Tim, and I fill Tim in on this new development, and he tears up a little.

The kids play for awhile in the area where the Tiki statues squirt water at you. We warn them not to get to wet. Little do we know, it won't end up mattering one bit.

I love the dude in the back of this pic. Do you ever wonder how many strangers' pics you may be in? The thought frightens me.

dis28.jpg

dis30.jpg

We then decide to get a bite to eat. We hit the Golden Oak Outpost, which Tim says has the best fries in all of WDW, and he would know, because there were a few days where fries is all he ate. Crappy WDW diet, holla! Quinn and Liam get chicken breast nuggets and fries (we don't do the DDP because, with our food restrictions, it just doesn't work), Tim gets fries, and I hoof it over to Sleepy Hollow to get something I've wanted for months.

The nutella and fresh fruit waffle sandwich.

Come to mama, baby.

dis21.jpg

I chow on that piece of calorically high deliciousness while the kids eat their nuggets, feed fries to the birds, and a few drops of rain hit us.

What's that?

Rain, you say?

I ignore it, because it's only noon and that's too early for the Florida Thunderstorm Activity of Summer, of which I am convinced will be our only rainfall. And, of course, I have no inkling of the massive storms hanging around, because as you may recall, I was watching LOST and packing instead of checking the weather.

We finish up our food and decide we'll get FPs for Splash, and then we go over to Tom Sawyer Island. In the queue behind us is a family with kids dressed up as pirates (someday we'll splurge for the pirates league) and the most awesome Scottish accents. I love Scottish accents, and I think wistfully of my favorite Scot, Desmond Hume (I warned you) and then the raft comes and we sail on over.

Tim: Wow, it is looking really overcast.
Me: *fingers in ears*

Tom Sawyer island is fun. Tim takes the kids into a cave. I sit down for a minute in the front area by the boat dock. A little girl and her mom sit next to me, and the girl has a blister, but they don't have bandaids. Happily, I do, because I might not have checked the weather, but I have bandaids, people, and they are Angry Birds, which makes the little girl very happy and I get that nice feeling inside from doing something kind, which is immediately squashed because at this point the HEAVENS OPENED UP and began dumping buckets.

I was right under that awning area, so I was fine. Tim and the kids were still out somewhere on the island. Crap. I look in my bag to get a garbage bag poncho and am hit with a slap in the face that I, who is dry and under a lovely awning, have the ponchos.

And my poor family, who is not dry and not under this awning, do not.

After a few minutes, they show up. They were in a cave. The cave flooded. They were soaked. The raft to go back wasn't running, because of lightning, but as soon as they got the all clear we sailed back.

Splash was down, due to lightning. It only ran off and on the rest of the afternoon. We never got to use our FPs. :(

I am going to tell you right now that I don't even remember what we did most of the afternoon. It was just horrible out, windy, rainy, and would let up a bit but then start up again. Splash was usually down, as was BTMRR, Dumbo, Aladdin, the Speedway, Jungle Cruise--everything my kids like.

I have some pictures, though, so I am assuming we must have done Buzz. Oh wait! That's right, I remember now, because I kicked butt. Boom!

Now brace yourselves, friends. You are about to get the first glimpse of the Red Garbage Bag Ponchos. But it will not be your last, I promise you that.

One good thing about these ponchos is that in a sea of Disney ponchos, we stood out like a sunburned zebra. We could spot each other from across the park. I was happy for that unintended perk. Oh, who am I kidding? I wasn't happy about those dang ponchos at all. :rotfl:

Blurry pic with Zurg
dis31.jpg

This one's a little better. No idea Quinn's who giving the thumbs up to.
dis7.jpg

During one of the periods where the rain lets up, the kids have a snack:

dis29.jpg

And make pressed pennies:
dis26.jpg

dis25.jpg

I had no idea making pressed pennies was as exciting as waking up to find Santa came to visit, but Quinn thinks so.

By this time, it's getting close to our 'Ohana dinner reservation, so we head on over to the monorail and make our way to the Poly.

I have never been to the Poly, so I'm super excited to see it. And I was not let down--it is, of course, beautiful. But the 2nd floor of the GCH is mobbed so bad that I can't even tell where the podium for 'Ohana is. We are early, because we didn't want to be in the wet MK anymore, and so we tool around in the gift shop for a bit before checking in and receiving the dreaded Disney Buzzer (or, as I affectionately call it, Yet Another Stupid Thing for My Kids To Fight Over). I contemplate getting a drink at the bar, but before long the thing does its buzzy light up dance and we go in.

To the worst WDW dining mistake I had ever made.

I had read lots of reviews of 'Ohana, and looked at the menu, and i thought Tim would be able to eat the meat and it would be okay. He thought it would be okay, too. They brought our bread and Quinn didn't like it.

Uh oh.

Then some appetizers came and...Quinn didn't like them. (I did, though. What is *in* those noodles?)

They also brought Tim his lapu lapu (see first post) and something for me that I remember nothing about except it was green and coconutty and sweet.

dis2.jpg

Sometime before the food started coming out, the kids were called up to do coconut races and everything. Liam and Quinn went up and after a couple minutes Quinn came back, saying he didn't like it. Liam stayed up there, though. I thought he was enjoying himself.

(Still more foreshadowing.)

Quinn didn't like the noodles. He didn't like the salad. He didn't like the potstickers. He didn't like the meat. He wanted pizza.

He was pretty upset that 'Ohana doesn't have pizza. Or nuggets. Or fries. Apparently that is all he wanted to eat.

So now we have a husband who can't eat half the food, a child refusing to eat ALL the food, one child up pushing a coconut around with a broom... Wait a sec. How long has he been up there?

He stayed up there through the appetizers.

He stayed up there during the meat.

He stayed up there during the whole time the singy lady is still going on and singing songs about family and cousins and stuff and people are slow dancing, but we aren't because we are dealing with Quinn not wanting to eat anything, and WHERE IS LIAM????

Finally he comes to the table. I'd say it was close to 45 minutes that he was up there. And he is almost in tears. Because he felt like he couldn't leave. :sad1:

This was, I think, our low point. It was stormy. We were all exhausted already. I was the only one eating at a rather pricy meal, aside from Tim, who ate some chicken and beef. Thankfully, Liam did have food on his plate when he got back, so he was able to eat some.

Then the bread pudding was brought out, and Liam didn't want any, and Quinn didn't want any, and Tim can't have any, and I ate 2.5 servings.

Then we left. And I cried. Because I had booked that reservation, and it was a huge flop. Family style restaurants are obviously a huge problem when you have a picky kid like we do, and a husband with numerous sensitivities.

I don't know what happened with the singy lady, or why she had kids up there for the better part of an hour, but apparently we stumbled upon another parenting fail by not telling Liam that he could leave and come back to the table whenever he wanted. I still feel awful thinking about him, how he felt he couldn't leave. :sad1: His little lower lip was trembling when he came back to the table and my heart just broke.

We paid the bill and couldn't get out of there fast enough. And then I cried some more, because what kind of a trip were we going to have if it stormed every day? And if we were this tired already? :headache: We felt like the trip was doomed.

We had planned to go back to the parks after dinner, but decided to scrap that, go back to CBR and go to bed. We all needed sleep.

Back at the room, we had a little happy discovery--the camera charger we needed had successfully arrived and was in the room. Now at least I could use something other than my phone for pics. Amazon Prime saves the day.

Since that went so well, we also decided to order some things from Zappos to make a rainy stay more tolerable. Tim ordered waterproof boots for himself, boots for the kids, and a couple other things to help us stay positive and dry during any storms that may hit us. And my VIP Zappos account would also get the stuff to us quick.

Amazon prime. Zappos VIP. Yes, I do a lot of online shopping. :lmao:

With that, we are done with this day and are ready to regroup for Epcot tomorrow. Epcot is one of my favorite parks, and Tim's too. And the kids love it. AND it has bunches of indoor rides, so if it does rain, we are optimistic that we can still have a fun day.

And we have our first of three character breakfasts tomorrow--Cape May, at the Beach Club! So we better hit the sack.

Tomorrow is going to be a better da...zzzzzzzzzz

Yes, and so is Monica!

Is this turning into a ______ contest? (I'm not sure where Meribeth's sensibilities lie yet. Not sure if one asterisk replacing a letter would do.)

Hi Monica!

1. I hesitate to make this joke, but I can't help myself. It fits right in with the theme so far of my TR. I have a potty mouth. :lmao: Seriously, I have to censor myself on here a lot. So no worries--all are invited to use asterisks as much as they desire.
2. OMG MY HAIR. It was the most amazing fro ever all week. Really, it was impressive.
3. I'm coming over. Don't you worry :lmao: :thumbsup2
4. Rain stories are easy. We can do rain mad libs. The catch of course is they have to be rain-related parts of speech. So, something like

Our family walked into the _____ (noun)
My husband ____ (verb)
The kids _____ (verb) in the _____ (adjective) _____ (noun)
Nobody ever wanted to see a ______ (noun) again

Here's mine:
Our family walked into the DOWNPOUR
My husband CURSED
The kids SPLASHED in the THREE INCH DEEP PUDDLE
Nobody ever wanted to see a PONCHO again

I need to get some mad libs for my kids, now that I think about it. :rotfl:

I came over from Laura's trip report too. I am glad she posted the link. Great so far.

Thank you! And welcome!!

Another reader joining...I am looking forward to hearing about switching resorts.

Thanks for coming by! I will absolutely be talking about that, so stay tuned. And really, it wasn't that bad!

Well you had me at "septic tank" lol. I'm subbing in!!
Your boys are just cutie-patooties (hey is there a theme there???)
Anyway, it sounds like we are in for a fun-filled vacation week! Bring it on. :happytv:
(oh, and totally a Lost-aholic too... I feel ya).
YES! I REELED IN A LOSTIE!! :thumbsup2 My work here is done. ;)

I miss Ben. And Sawyer. And Desmond. And Charlie and Juliet and Locke and...Sigh.

Welcome! :goodvibes

Well, after page 1, I thought I could post I was reader #4 out of 4 readers from Laura's report, but I was beaten to the punch, LOL.

Great start :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for stopping by!

popcorn::
Hurry quick!

Hee!!

Joining in! :woohoo:

That was a ROUGH first day. :headache: I have faith that the rest of the vacation will be a LOT better!

Day 2: In Which I Cry

As a result, we didn't even try for rope drop (though we are generally not rope drop people--due to the 2 hour difference in time, getting up to make RD on one of our first few days would be like getting up at 4 or 5 am. So we just don't worry much about it).

I don't think we've ever made a rope drop. Just can't get my family of 6 plus 1 (my mom) out the door in time. Still forever trying though.....

We get up around 8 or so and have breakfast in the room. Garden Grocer is, again, a hit! We used the service last year at the Wilderness Lodge and it made things much easier in the mornings.

GARDEN GROCER IS DA BOMB! We've used them many times. When my girls were in diapers I didn't have to pack those or the wipes, saved lots of room and lessened the load.

So now is as good a time as any to mention the ridiculous food restrictions that Quinn and Tim have to deal with, because they will play quite a part in our visit. Liam and I can eat whatever, but the other two are a head chef's nightmare. Quinn is a *very* rambunctious and fidgety little boy. While much of this is, of course, normal for the age, we decided to try an experiment and cut out all food dye and artificial ingredients from his diet. And amazingly, it has really helped. He still talks more than the entire rest of the family combined, still interrupts, still has issues his body--but they are much better when he has a clean diet.

I have a son with crazy food allergies and he gets hyped up on the dyes. Plus my husband's name is Tim. Wait, what is your birthday? If your log on name is any indication of it, we share the same b-day week. Que the scary muzak!

Sometimes it seems impossible, but Disney does a great job and pulls through most times for us.

We deboat (this is not a word, is it) and I know we're done for.

I love the word and will probably start using it!

Come to mama, baby.

dis21.jpg

Never heard of it, but will be trying it soon! My son is going to so love this!Now brace yourselves, friends. You are about to get the first glimpse of the Red Garbage Bag Ponchos. But it will not be your last, I promise you that.

Fashionistas!

To the worst WDW dining mistake I had ever made.

I'm sure you had the best intentions. Don't beat yourself up.

This was, I think, our low point. It was stormy. We were all exhausted already.

We have all been there and I think we should reconsider the "first" day. Maybe it should be a relaxing day instead of all gung ho in the park day. Seriously, I'm sure it would be hard to do, but something we should consider.

And we have our first of three character breakfasts tomorrow--Cape May, at the Beach Club! So we better hit the sack.

Love that one, great food and great character interaction.Tomorrow is going to be a better da...zzzzzzzzzz

Sure hope so!

Omg, my dog is looking at me funny (well, funnier than usual!) as I laugh out loud. Only a brilliant writer can make such a crappy day funny. I'm sorry it was so rough....sounds like it only goes uphill from here.

Your boys are adorable....love the pic of Quinn's grin making pressed pennies. :) That nutella waffle looks amazing.

Jill in CO

Our family walked into the Magic Kingdom park.
My husband said, "What? It is just a few clouds?"
The kids looked a little concerned in the almost knee deep puddles.
Nobody wanted to see a rain cloud again!

If you are ok with it, I will copy just a snippet of my TR from that time for your enjoyment and post it here. Not kidding about the puddles.

Yeah, there's a lot of colorful food there.

(The problem, you see, is I seriously cannot stand the way Disney water tastes. I don't know what they put in it, or what they don't take out of it, but the taste is very, um, unpalatable to me.

I'm so spoiled by bottled water that I feel that way about most tap water.

The other thing we bring is our ponchos. Tim had purchased TWENTY from the military surplus store before we left--five for each of us. Twenty red garbage bag-esque ponchos. Wait till you see them. They are the height of 2012 Poncho Fashion.

I think they look cuter than the clear ones and at least you can find each other.

So off we go to the bus stop. We go the wrong way, because I am in front,

Also directionally challenged here.:wave2:

I check my Verizon Mobile Magic app once we get in the gates (because that only works when you are IN THE GATES, not even when you are getting off the bus, getting your bag checked, or waiting on the other side of the gates.

I guess they want to make sure only the ticket holders can use it?

Let me also take this opportunity to mention that Quinn doesn't like a lot of rides. It can be challenging to tour the parks, because Liam will ride anything, but Quinn won't ride anything if there's a drop.

That is both my husband and my daughter!

Any drop. And your definition of a drop is probably not his. His definition of a drop is--well, let's just say I was worried he'd hate Peter Pan because of it.

Yup.

And, of course, the drop.

Uh oh.

And after said drop, Quinn turns to me and says, with absolute certainty:
"Mom, they changed the ride. That drop is bigger than last year."

I scarred my daughter for life by taking her on all the big rides when she was five. She said they were fun at the time but now she won't go ANY of them. I hope she doesn't remember this drop.

We deboat (this is not a word, is it)

If it's not, it should be.

RIP, POTC, for I shan't be seeing much more of you this trip. POTC is now off the ride rotation. :sad1:

We didn't get to go on it this year. Every time we walked by, it was down.

I love the dude in the back of this pic. Do you ever wonder how many strangers' pics you may be in? The thought frightens me.

I wonder that too. That maybe I'll see myself in someone's report pictures and it will probably be unflattering.

That looks awesome.

After a few minutes, they show up. They were in a cave. The cave flooded. They were soaked. The raft to go back wasn't running, because of lightning,

You're stuck on an island like your favorite show!

but as soon as they got the all clear we sailed back.

Or not.

I had no idea making pressed pennies was as exciting as waking up to find Santa came to visit, but Quinn thinks so.

It's funny when these silly little things end up being so important to them. One year, my daughter spent the longest time in that water area in Downtown Disney. It ended up being one of her favorite memories of the trip. We could have saved a lot of money in theme park admissions.

I have never been to the Poly, so I'm super excited to see it. And I was not let down--it is, of course, beautiful. But the 2nd floor of the GCH is mobbed so bad that I can't even tell where the podium for 'Ohana is.

They keep moving it.

Quinn didn't like the noodles. He didn't like the salad. He didn't like the potstickers. He didn't like the meat. He wanted pizza.

He was pretty upset that 'Ohana doesn't have pizza. Or nuggets. Or fries. Apparently that is all he wanted to eat.

Did you ask? We were able to get nuggets and fries one year. They get them from Kona next door.

So now we have a husband who can't eat half the food,

Just wondering. Did you mention the food issues to the waiter? If you have allergies, they'll bring a chef out and he'll explain what you can eat and possibly make something special.

Finally he comes to the table. I'd say it was close to 45 minutes that he was up there. And he is almost in tears. Because he felt like he couldn't leave. :sad1:

Aw. Bless his heart.

1. I hesitate to make this joke, but I can't help myself. It fits right in with the theme so far of my TR. I have a potty mouth. :lmao: Seriously, I have to censor myself on here a lot. So no worries--all are invited to use asterisks as much as they desire.

:cool1:

2. OMG MY HAIR. It was the most amazing fro ever all week. Really, it was impressive.

I think I can beat it.

3. I'm coming over. Don't you worry :lmao: :thumbsup2.

yay!

Great update!

Oh my .. what a start to your vacation ! :sad1:

FWIW .. I've been there, done that. We went the last week of October once and it rained pretty much every day .. all day. The first day I was like "it can't rain the WHOLE week !" .. I was wrong. Needless to say .. I'll never do the last week of October again. Nope.

I don't do DDP (unless it's free) because my 2 boys eat NOTHING. I even cancelled the few ADR's that I did make because I could tell from the first few days that it was pointless to spend so much money on food that was just going to go in the garbage. So we ate QS all week long and it worked out very well. :thumbsup2

I WILL NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ANOTHER TRIP REPORT :eek:

I WILL NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ANOTHER TRIP REPORT :headache:

I WILL NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ANOTHER TRIP REPORT:scared:

Dang it popcorn::

:thumbsup2 me too! oops, I mean me neither! whatever (nebo hates it when I say "whatever")

Oh -what a first day! We were there a few weeks before you and we got the rain from Tropical Storm Beryl, so I hear you on being wet your entire vacation.

Sorry 'Ohana was not a hit with your family. We've eaten dinner there once, and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't the favorite of my kids. However, the bread pudding is the best! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter