• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

100 pounds to WDW!!! (comments welcome!!)

Your whole family is doing awesome!! You are almost 180s!! I hope to be right behind you! What did you decide on resort? We booked POR after changing 8 times!! Our trip is cheaper at POR than at a Value with our five and DDP...going in September, you should go then! They also offered room only! Hope you can decide easier than I could! Keep up the great work!

Share your eating tips! I am trying different things but trying to keep it under 1200 calories a day...so bad on water though!

Your whole family is doing awesome!! You are almost 180s!! I hope to be right behind you! What did you decide on resort? We booked POR after changing 8 times!! Our trip is cheaper at POR than at a Value with our five and DDP...going in September, you should go then! They also offered room only! Hope you can decide easier than I could! Keep up the great work!

Share your eating tips! I am trying different things but trying to keep it under 1200 calories a day...so bad on water though!

Thanks! I've actually been sneaking on the scale daily but the lowest i've seen is 191 even. :lmao: I don't even remember the last time I saw 180s on a scale! :yay:

No decision on a resort yet but December is a must. We went at the end of August last time and got a great deal. We stayed at AKL for $5 more than POR or POFQ (i forget i just remember it was only $5 more!). We want to go at certain times of year now. Christmas is my top priority and the first week in December is the cheapest time to go because that is still 'fall' pricing and usually they do free dining or some big deal at that time. It's after then that prices start to skyrocket. After Christmas we want to do a Star Wars Weekend, then Halloween and the Flower festival if I miss it on the SW trip (i hope to go the last week of the festival and first week of SWW). I am fairly certain Christmas and or spring will be my fave. I am sure there are other times of year we want to try but those are our top choices now.

As for my eating, I wonder if you aren't eating enough. 1200 just doesn't seem like enough especially considering all your exercise that you're doing. I know you've probably heard that before but you have to eat to keep your metabolism going. Your body could be storing everything you eat to make it through your workouts. Before I got under 200 pounds I could eat 2000 calories a day and still lose weight. Now that I am below that I eat roughly 1700 calories a day, usually less and rarely more. Usually DH and I have one cheat meal a week where we eat whatever we want and even with that I can usually stay at calories or maybe a tiny bit over. I think of it like my own version of calorie cycling. lol There are people who purposely do low cal for x days then do a high cal day followed by low cal days and so on. I don't follow such a strict plan but its kind of like what I do. You can google it. calorie cycling or calorie zig zag.

Here is my sample daily menu
breakfast - 1 tbsp peanut butter on 2 slices 100% whole wheat toast (i only toast it so the bread melts the pb and i can get a very thin layer on each slice; I sometimes add plain cinnamon..yum!)
lunch - soup and 5 crackers or spinach salad (see below for whats on it only its bigger) or leftovers from dinner; sometimes with added baby carrots if no veggies in with leftovers
dinner - varies greatly. usually starts with a spinach salad with a few cherry tomatoes, a tiny bit of real bacon bits (teaspoon maybe?), tiny bit of cheese (tablespoon maybe?), strawberries now that its spring (omg its heavenly with just one or two strawberries cut up in the salad, I almost don't need dressing) and light ranch (1-2 tbsp); then 1 or 1.5 servings of whatever we make for dinner this could be chicken alfredo, spaghetti, taco salad (with chicken meat); tacos (with chicken meat then i just add salsa and a tiny bit of cheese nothing else); random caseroles...lol even frozen pizza! plus another serving (or 3) of veggies; most commonly broccoli since its my favorite. :) Now that its grilling season it will likely convert to grilled meat and veggies possibly with a starchy side.

snacks at work - 1 or 2 dark chocolate kisses per day, if at all, i haven't been hungry for them lately. 5 is my max because that's 100 calories. I only bring 10 at a time to work. But usually just one qualms any hunger. Each kiss is just 20 calories and i like to think dark chocolate is better for me. I prefer milk chocolate but I would eat way more than 1 if it was milk chocolate. lol I also keep a baggy of a serving of raw almonds in my desk too for if I am REALLY hungry. I only keep one baggy at time because they are so good I always want more. lol

snacks at home - popcorn (this is like once a week on a weekend or if my husband makes some I have a handful of his; when I make it for me i eat the whole bag) and/or fruit I guess I sometimes take fruit to work too but not as often as I should.

Not sure its the healthiest plan but it seems to be working and has lots of veggies. I don't eat very many calories during the day and eat most of them at dinner which I know isn't good. I usually have maybe 600-800 calories at most after breakfast and lunch so then I have around 1000 calories left for dinner. The first time I make something I will add up the calories to see how much is in a serving then I remember that or refer to that for next time. Most of our meals are between 300 and 500 calories per serving, so I know if I eat under 2 servings I'm generally good (with the salad). Ideally one serving but sometimes I just want more so I let myself have a half serving then i see if i am still hungry and usually I feel bad for eating that half serving. I think I am 'satisfied' at one serving but I feel the need to make myself 'full'. :upsidedow

That said once I lose more weight I will probably have to go lower caloriewise, but that is why I started my calories so high (at 2000) so I would have somewhere to go when I go lower. :)

Oh and on weekends I usually only eat 2 meals....brunch and dinner. But usually i will also snack on something bigger like a bag of popcorn or some fruit or maybe even an ice cream. :rolleyes:

I should probably mention that I drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. I have one 16 ounce with breakfast and the drive to work, I down it if its not done by the time I get there; I take 48 ounces with me to work and a few more once I get home or water in the form of generic crystal light at home. I also drink 2 12oz cans of Diet Coke each morning (i don't want to hear anything bad about it; I already heard it since I was 8, i don't care). :rolleyes1

It helps me to have water that I like. I like bottled spring water. I am sure you have heard bad things about the plastic bottles, as have i, but its good and I recycle the bottles. Because that can get pricey I get my water at Aldi where its 2.79 for 24 bottles. We buy 2-3 cases a week and DH and I could go through more if I bought more. We also have a brita water filter pitcher in the fridge at all times that I try to use if I just need a little water to take a pill or something but it just doesn't taste as good. I also use the generic crystal lights to get more water in but its more tasty. I have a bunch of those little packets that could go in my bottled water but I don't really like those. I prefer my water to be COLD, PLAIN and from a SPRING. princess: It tastes different than the ones that are 'purified' to me even though those are cheaper.

Oh and quick chicken taco meat recipe if I haven't posted it already:

1 bag frozen (or thawed) boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
1 jar/container of salsa or 2 cans of rotel
1 taco seasoning packet (or your own seasoning blend)

Throw all in the crock pot; put it on low; 8 hours later drain it (it will be soupy especially if they were frozen); shred it and eat it! lol This should be enough for 3 dinners for DH and I. Usually we do tacos, taco salad and taco caserole or stuffed peppers, [enter any recipe that uses taco meat here]

I think that's everything. :scratchin

I haven't changed my ticker either in case anyone's wondering. I just didn't feel like .6 lbs was worth changing it. I will change it this weekend. hopefully AF will stay away long enough for me to get a weigh in.

Yikes I need to go to bed! I rambled off another novel! Enjoy!!! :wave2:

Love this! Thanks so much for taking the time to share! I know my perimenopause blip for 2 weeks sabotaged my scale...so I probably should have more calories! Today I was so weak after my workout, your chicken tacos sound amazing! I eat something every two hours but rarely more than 200 calories for meals...so I need to play with that zig zag approach! Thanks a ton!

Love this! Thanks so much for taking the time to share! I know my perimenopause blip for 2 weeks sabotaged my scale...so I probably should have more calories! Today I was so weak after my workout, your chicken tacos sound amazing! I eat something every two hours but rarely more than 200 calories for meals...so I need to play with that zig zag approach! Thanks a ton!

No problem. I probably should have went over my food anyway on here. :) Sorry I am not knowledgeable about perimenopause and weight loss, but could you ask your obgyn or family doc for suggestions? I know back when they first thought I had PCOS (based on bloodwork when they did ultrasounds they found nothing and then 2nd set of bloodwork was normal) they wanted me to go on some medicine that would not only help the PCOS but also help with weight loss. Maybe they have something like that for perimenopause. It's worth asking anyway. I hope eating a little more or trying calorie cycling helps you!!

I like to think doing my exercises first thing in the morning helps too. I know it helps to wake me up so maybe it wakes up my muscles too and I get all day to enjoy the 'afterburn'. I've added side planks too. So now I do 60 seconds reg plank, stretch; 30-45 second reg plank; stretch; 20-30 second side plank on each sides then arm weights exercises that i sometimes do squats and lunges with them. fun fun

I forgot to share that I bought clothes last weekend and guess what? I got size LARGE in all but 2 things and the only reason those are XL is probably just because I didn't try a large on (and they were button downs so with my chest I doubt they would have fit). My larges started out with it being the last one and I really liked it so I thought I'd try it on fully thinking that it wouldn't fit, but it did. :) I still need a few more things. So I might go shopping this weekend too. Having things fit in a large no less makes shopping easier. Usually there is nothing I really like in my size and I end up just getting something that will be 'okay' and then I have to spend money and overall its just not fun. BUT NOW...cute things FIT! I am actually enjoying shopping! This is probably not a good thing. :lmao: I only got one pair of shoes. A black pair of wedges. Only about an inch and a half high so they are comfy and I get a bit of height. I should probably get another color too but I am used to wearing black shoes everyday so I don't mind wearing the same thing now.

Meanwhile I probably didn't NEED to shop. People are still pretty casual up there too. Many in jeans and even FLIP FLOPS. BUT I haven't been able to dress up in 5 years and I want to dress up. Also DH thinks I should dress for the job I want not the job I have. Not that even the higher ups dress up... The guy I am replacing is older (obviously he is retiring) but he tends to wear button down short sleeve shirts and dress pants and loafers so its not like I'm over dressed next to him. Just next to the rest of the people, including my boss who always wears jeans and a polo.

I think AF is near...I have been ravenous all day. I say in a post that I don't get hungry for snacks at work anymore and then the next day I eat my almond stash and I only had one hershey kiss left at work (didn't realize that since I haven't eaten any in awhile) so even with my leftovers and baby carrots lunch I was still starving. I am trying to get DH to make dinner on the grill now but he had a big lunch and isn't hungry. :P

189!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
I was so excited this morning when the scale read 189!!! I stepped on again and again to make sure. :cool1:

Yesterday I didn't eat much though. We went to go see Star Trek at the movies and I haven't been to the movie in forever so I wanted popcorn. It was my brunch. DH then went to his brother's for brothers birthday party and I stayed home and at 7 I still wasn't hungry but thought I should eat *something* so I had some ice cream but not much. Maybe 2 servings tops and again I was full. I was thinking eating a little something would make me hungry then I was planning to make a salad. I guess i should have started with that.... Regardless, that's still a lot less food than usual and I did yard work for a few hours too in the heat (which is probably why I wasn't hungry).

After DH left for the party and I had my ice cream I decided to go shopping at Kohls. I never finished shopping before and needed at least a pair of khakis. Well I was excited when a medium fit me! It was this great cardigan/shrug like thing that was black/white/gray so cute but medium and small were the only sizes but it looked big to me so I thought I would try it on and it fit! So I bought it and my khakis. ;) I know mediums in general wont fit yet but so happy that XL stuff hangs on me now and large generally fits and mediums are even starting to fit. I am also definitely a 14 (i think i said this before). 16s are all too big for me now.

Oh I also did measurements today and while waist has remained the same at 31 inches my hips and bust are down an inch each too! Down to 40.5. Everything else seems to have remained the same. I'm sure I'm losing from places I am not measuring though...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Ooops in my excitement I forgot to update DH's progress. He is down to 308. Only 8 pounds for him to go! Not that he's stopping at 300 but that's his disney goal. :cool1:

WOO HOOOOOO!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Rock it!!! So excited! YOU WILL NEVER see 190s again!!! Way to go!! And so happy for your dear husband!! Awesome job!! :)

Oh! I just now finished reading, I saw 180s and was too excited to finish reading!! But DO measure more!! You ARE losing it from EVERYWHERE!! :) I measured waist/chest (over my chest and under my chest :)), thighs, calves, hips, waist, arms..and WOW!! You are THINNING OUT!! I think my hips are 46.5 at 194!! You must be taller than me! I'm 5'8 but carry it all in my hips...my waist is much smaller and then my chest is only 34".. I feel like a Jeannie bottle :) My hips/thighs are mammoth and it narrows out the farther you go up :) CONGRATS on the Medium!!! Such lovely signs of all the hard work you guys have put into it!!

WOO HOOOOOO!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Rock it!!! So excited! YOU WILL NEVER see 190s again!!! Way to go!! And so happy for your dear husband!! Awesome job!! :)

Oh! I just now finished reading, I saw 180s and was too excited to finish reading!! But DO measure more!! You ARE losing it from EVERYWHERE!! :) I measured waist/chest (over my chest and under my chest :)), thighs, calves, hips, waist, arms..and WOW!! You are THINNING OUT!! I think my hips are 46.5 at 194!! You must be taller than me! I'm 5'8 but carry it all in my hips...my waist is much smaller and then my chest is only 34".. I feel like a Jeannie bottle :) My hips/thighs are mammoth and it narrows out the farther you go up :) CONGRATS on the Medium!!! Such lovely signs of all the hard work you guys have put into it!!

Thanks!!! LOL at your jeanie bottle! Every body has a different shape that is for sure.

I am an hourglass which has its advantages but means bigger arms and legs too. I'm only 5'4" My arms are pretty big at 13+ inches (13.25ish i think) and my calves are 16", thighs 21.5ish. However I tend to measure...tightly. So if I were buying pants I wouldn't buy a size 31 because that is me, sucking it in and standing up as tall as i can while doing the tape measure as snuggly as I can. I do it that way because if I didn't I would get measurements all over the board and I would wonder 'am i doing it tighter than last week or did i really lose? By doing it as tight as I can each time I think its more accurate from a loss standpoint, but not necessarily a size standpoint. I sometimes measure my neck too and it is down to 13.25" the highest I have currently recorded is 15.5" last in June so I know I'm losing all over. I find it really odd that my arm and neck are the same circumference. :( That shouldn't be.

Thanks again for the congrats! Here's hoping I never see 190s again!!!

Thanks!!! LOL at your jeanie bottle! Every body has a different shape that is for sure.

I am an hourglass which has its advantages but means bigger arms and legs too. I'm only 5'4" My arms are pretty big at 13+ inches (13.25ish i think) and my calves are 16", thighs 21.5ish. However I tend to measure...tightly. So if I were buying pants I wouldn't buy a size 31 because that is me, sucking it in and standing up as tall as i can while doing the tape measure as snuggly as I can. I do it that way because if I didn't I would get measurements all over the board and I would wonder 'am i doing it tighter than last week or did i really lose? By doing it as tight as I can each time I think its more accurate from a loss standpoint, but not necessarily a size standpoint. I sometimes measure my neck too and it is down to 13.25" the highest I have currently recorded is 15.5" last in June so I know I'm losing all over. I find it really odd that my arm and neck are the same circumference. :( That shouldn't be.

Thanks again for the congrats! Here's hoping I never see 190s again!!!

I totally get what you're saying!! I have so much squishy flabby skin on my arms that if I measure squeezing tight it measures 5 inches less!!! if I measure just regular where it's loose enough to twist around the arm it measures the same length as my calves at 15"!!! But, honestly, squeezing my hips it would just make everything squish over it! HA!! I have big hips! :) on a good note I fit into a size 12 swimsuit I could not fit into last September even though the scales weighed 6 pounds less than I am now!! I think I've definitely added muscle weight...so thrilled to fit into that suit! :)

I had a horrible day today.:crazy2:

AF arrived. That alone should be bad enough because that brings cramps and pain and tiredness. But on the plus side my sore chest went away. They were particularly painful this past week, I was getting a small amount of hope up that I might be pregnant but no luck. Oh well. DH is also disappointed when I tell him each month. On the plus side my cycles seem to have gotten longer and more predictable. Before they were short. 22 days being the shortest but usually around 24 days or so but it varied month to month. For the past 3 cycles I've been starting precisely on day 28 and the few months before that it was precisely on day 27 so longer is better. Granted our main issue is with male counts but the more normal my cycle is the better. Overall I think AF's arrival is the cause of all of this....

First I woke up extremely tired and forgot to plank and exercise until AFTER my shower, so I did an abbreviated version of my usual morning workout. Then I dont even know WHAT i was doing this morning but i somehow left later than usual thus I got stuck behind a train on my way to work...wait...not done...same train TWICE. I got stuck by it in one location and then went a bit further and got stuck by the same train again since it had turned. Boo. :P So I was late to work for the first time since getting this new promotion. Then as I was going in HR stops me to see how I am doing in my new job and was being chatty. I dont mind that but i was cranky and late and didn't want to chat. I hope I wasn't rude. Anyway so I get up to my desk (oh have I mentioned its on the 3rd floor so I get some stair walking in daily). And I am covering for the maintenance scheduler this week for some unknown reason since it was apparently a planned vacation (i thought maybe it wasn't so i didnt complain when my boss asked me on Monday if i could do it but i found out today it was planned...darn maintenance. i can't wait for them to hire my replacement) and only one person has gotten back to me and overall I just have a million things to do for that but I'm still training for my customer service job. However I am trying to keep all the maintenance stuff for Thursday, so I let that go and go train. Well while training cramps start which is distracting and I'm still tired and cranky so overall I am just not feeling this and the person training me today thinks its a good idea to show me once and then just let me do it while she watches (invoices no less). Which is actually the way I prefer to learn, but when I am in pain and foggy I just didn't want to do it. I think I did pretty well though I only made one mistake and it was because she didn't show me a step, so I guess that's not a mistake. But anyway I didn't want to do it. Then the other guy was teaching me international orders which is a pain and lots of extra steps and he does a few and then he said we can do the rest tomorrow or i can take a stab at them but he was leaving since it was 430pm (he gets in at like 630 so I can't blame him). I said I would do them. Thinking it wouldn't take me very long. Well I got back to my desk. Sent out some maintenance related emails and got started on the orders and they are far more difficult to do and require concentration I did not have. I made a mistake and had to cancel one. Anyway, took me nearly an hour to do those silly orders (including my emails) so I didn't leave until 530. :P

That said I had to run to Target to pick up a prescription that I couldn't pick up the other day because they were waiting on my doctor to okay it because the prescription had expired (but i wasn't out of refills). Also I have my 5% pharmacy rewards coupon to use in combination with my target card for nearly 10% off some Disney cards! I also still needed a black tank for under a cardigan I got that I thought surely I had a black tank to wear under it and I didn't and a few other things because hey i am getting 10% off (i know i know their marketing worked). I go to pay at the pharmacy for just my meds with my Target card for some reason (usually I dont use target card except to get a discount) and good thing I did because my card is EXPIRED!!! What?? Ugh. Then I remember...AT HOME on the table behind the couch in my tray of magazines and stuff is a piece of mail with two target cards to be activated. Ugh. I ask if she can look it up, she says no. I pay with my normal bank card, put all my stuff back and leave. :P No Disney cards for me today. I am just glad it happened at the pharmacy and not at the front register after everything was rung up.

Oh yeah I also only had 2 tylenol and 1 advil with me at work so I went home for lunch to get more meds and it started pouring on my walk back into work.

And I didnt get to walk the dog because of the rain too.

I'm sure there is some other terrible stuff that happened that I've repressed but overall bad day. :headache:

Here's hoping tomorrow is better! :goodvibes

I HATE days like this! I had one yesterday. And you just stand around wondering,"Who the heck did I piss off?" (((hugs))) And yay you, for getting a modified workout instead of making an excuse! :cheer2:

I HATE days like this! I had one yesterday. And you just stand around wondering,"Who the heck did I piss off?" (((hugs))) And yay you, for getting a modified workout instead of making an excuse! :cheer2:
Thanks. No workout today but I did walk the dog...here is why....

Usually I try to keep my advil by my bed during my time of the month but I was feeling a bit better last night so I didn't. This morning the pain was so bad I didn't want to get out of bed and when I did I couldn't stand up straight. Literally it was that bad. I made my way downstairs to take medicine then back upstairs for a long hot shower. I was feeling a bit better by the end of it. (thank goodness i buy the rapid release gelcaps) But overall I still hurt and there was no way I was planking or doing anything. Lifting my hairblower up was difficult enough. :(

Then my day at work was a little better but not really. My computer hated me. First I have a brand new computer and monitor when I got my new job. I was in the middle of working on the maintenance schedule when suddenly my monitor makes a popping noise and shuts off. First I thought it was my entire computer and was like 'did i save my work?' in a panic. Then I realize its just my monitor, the computer is still on. So I try fiddling with the cords plugging it in other places. Nothing is working. So I call the IT guy. it goes straight to voicemail. So since I am in the same building as him I go downstairs. (ha!) He is not at his desk and some other guy is in the same area and I ask 'doesn't joel work in here?' he says yes but he is on vacation today and tomorrow! :sad: So then I know the software IT guy pretty well since he taught me how to write (program) some reports and he helps both maintenance and customer service. I know where he sits too and I hate bothering him but I knock on his door. I explain my issue and he comes upstairs to see. In general I get a good response from IT since they know its not a 'user error' with me because I am good with computers. Anyway he agrees my monitor has died and doesn't know why but he goes to get me a new one. :)

So I think everything is okay. But later while I'm training my computer locks due to inactivity. I plug in my password and it doesn't work. I try again, no luck. I check caps lock, no. So then I try one more time and do it very carefully (I think) and nope, doesn't work and at my work 3x and you're locked out for an hour. :scared: So knowing the regular IT guy is gone I have to call the software guy again. I feel so stupid. I never do this and I swear I was typing it in wrong. I tell him my computer hates me today and that I'm locked out of it. He said 'okay give it 5-10 minutes and I will fix it. I wait 10...still locked...15...still locked....20...still locked. So i call him again. He keeps me on the phone, tells me to try again, still not working and he is like 'you have to get out of the program and get back in' I am like 'you want me to restart my computer?' then it clicks for him, I am locked out locked out. Apparently he thought I was locked out of a program. Oy. So he immediately fixes that and I slowly type my password in again..and it works! What? I tell him thank you and I feel embarrassed. i don't know how I typed in my password so wrong. Oh well.

Then I somehow screwed up some order in the system. It like totally disappeared. No one knows how I did it and we couldn't find it. But it let me cancel it and once I cancelled it, it showed up! The guy who is training me was very amused though and said he had been waiting all week for me to screw up. :P So I guess i am glad I amused him.

Came home, walked the dog. DH says mower isnt working. His dad just fixed it too with a new blade and a few other parts. Apparently not well enough. It was a cheapy from Walmart 5 or so summers ago so its probably time for a new one anyway. But we are going to have to buy a new one.

Surely tomorrow will be a better day, right???

I wish I could stay home and hibernate this weekend but I can't. I am going to my nephews graduation party and to visit my grandma and aunt while DH and his dad and brother install new (to us) french doors at our house (they gifted them to us when they redid their house). I really want to go to the party I just also really want to sleep for a very very long time...

Here is to a fabulous new day! Whew! Put those two behind you!! AF weeks really mess with everything! I have ad weird ones, usually go through four-six pads a day, only one to two this time...weird!

TGIf!!:banana::banana:

Definitely TGIF!!!! :banana::banana:

Today was MUCH better!!! :goodvibes

I did awesome at work. No mistakes and then at one point I had my trainer/aka guy who is retiring and I will be doing his job was watching me do something at the computer (instead of vice versa) and he goes 'hmm...I think we have the same computer but yours seems to work much faster than mine' :rotfl: I just smiled and said nothing. But the reason mine is faster is because he types with one hand while looking at the keyboard and takes 5 years to click and tab between things. I thought it was just because he was teaching me, but no he is always like that. I can type really fast and without looking at the computer and can tab back and forth between windows pretty fast too. Also I did some things differently (more efficiently) than he did and at first he was like 'wait that's not the right choice' but then when I got to the screen he said 'oh i guess that's the same thing...i always go to x and then y' Well i figured out y was on the main menu. Anyway he is an older gentleman so his lack of computer skills is understandable and he is very knowledgeable about our company and the product more than i probably ever will be, but when it comes to doing the nuts and bolts of the job I think I have that down. Now I just have to learn all of the products and customers...;)

That said i now have a WEEK OFF!!!! I requested it off back in January or February and when i got this job I told my new boss I could cancel it since we weren't going anywhere but he told me to keep it. I hope I don't forget everything I just learned....

So what am I doing?

Well tomorrow I am going to my sisters for my nephew's graduation party and a send off for my other nephew who is joining the Air Force and leaves for boot camp next month. Then spending the night with my aunt and grandma. My DH is staying home because his dad and brother are coming over to put in the french doors they gave us 3 years ago when they remodeled their house. Then i am coming home Sunday and we are going to Sherwin Williams for their Memorial day paint sale and getting some paint to touch up the trim in our house and paint our bedroom and the front door and possibly a few other places. We will have to see what we feel like doing. Then i also want to put my garden in. I think this year I am only using plants I started from seed so they arent as big as usual so who knows when we will actually get tomatoes and peppers. They are 6-8" tall right now but no buds. Usually I only do one or two plants from seed then i end up buying one or two bigger plants from the store. Not this year! So we will see how green my thumb really is. ::yes:: I also wanted to do peas but you sow them directly outside but I think it might be too late. Its not according to the package so who knows. I guess I will give it a shot!

That said i tried growing impatiens from seed again this year and they are all alive but no flower buds. Same thing happened last year. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I ended up buying some flowers and planting those in the planters last weekend. I do have bulbs and whatnot that seem to do okay but I can't seem to start an annual flower.

Oh I did my morning exercises and my walk but we had a horrible (horribly good) dinner. Brats on the grill, some potato chips and mac and cheese. I didn't eat much of any of it but I did eat some of all of it. I am not weighing in this weekend due to AF so hopefully I won't show any gains next week.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend!

I have been following along. You both are doing a great job. Keep up the great work!

I have been following along. You both are doing a great job. Keep up the great work!
Thanks!!!

I weighed myself today and while its not official I think i'm down again! 188! Not counting it as an official weigh in though. I slept in today so this weight was after noon. lol Hopefully next weekend will show a loss. :)

I have work off this week and the plan is to paint so that should be good exercise.

I am so sore!! I've been painting for two days and we aren't done. Painting is alot harder work than I though. DH's mom came over yesterday and helped and is coming today to help finish up but she's also bringing my neice today so we probably won't get much done. We've spent 8-12 hours each day working on it with very little breaks.

So on the plus side lots of exercise. On the bad side DH and I ate poorly yesterday. We ordered pizza when we should have made taco salads. We also had ice cream. I am afraid to get on the scale. :P

Tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary! Not sure what we're doing.

Anyway I just thought I'd 'confess' my food transgressions but also report all my 'exercise'. :rolleyes1

I best go jump in the shower before my MIL gets here.

Hopefully the exercise out did the eating? I am a calorie counter so it helps me not to overindulge, but pizza is a huge weakness of mine. Sounds like you are getting a lot of painting done.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Bah! I am back up to 190.0. :furious: It was exactly that yesterday and today. But with all the junk DH and I ate last week its understandable. I just thought with all the physical labor it would equal out. I guess not. I also realized yesterday that I hadn't done my morning exercises all week too! So I did them this morning.

Back on track today!! :goodvibes

Only 18 lbs to Disney!!!

Wow 18 lbs to go to your goal that is awesome-great job for getting back on track. It is so hard but well worth it to feel so much better

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter