10/28/15 - 4nt. Halloween Magic Double Dip from Miami

Anyone else on watch for Southwest flights coming out tomorrow???

Me!:fish: I've heard it opens up around 10 am. I kind of wish it was earlier because I'll be a work but plan to book at that time anyway. Here's hoping the initial fares are low. Do you have experience booking the first day?

I was just reading an article about MagicBands being brought to Disney cruises... wonder if it will be in time for our cruise. I know they have had mixed reviews but I personally, love them.

Hi everyone.
I am not a big fan of the MagicBands but will make the best of it if that happens.

I did notice every time I logged into our cruise the prices were higher. Looks like cabin availability keeps changing.

Re: southwest - the fares were high when they opened up for Oct. We're flying into MCO on a Sat - 10/24 which is probably why the price was so high.
So for the heck of it JQ checked Spirit out of Atlantic City and we managed to score 58.00 / pp for the outbound!

Still haven't booked the return which will be FLL if we use Spirit or Southwest and will require a private transfer to that airport when we disembark.
So I'm continually pricing MIA right now thru alternate airlines.

On another note: Our group is growing! Right now we're at a possible 7 or 8 cruising: my parents; our daughter and her boyfriend; our good friend Maryann and our son Mark if he can get off from work. Should be a fun time! We'll be upgrading to the Suite Life now that my mother and father are travelling.
can't wait.

We have just got back from WDW and used Magic Bands for the first time. We loved them too. We had no problems at all and found them really convenient. Not sure what difference they would make to the cruise but I wouldn't be against finding out.

if anyone's planning on going to wdw before or after, these are the tentative dates for the halloween party at the magic kingdom:

• September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27
  • October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
  • November 1

personally, i really don't like the magic bands. they are bulky and make my wrist sweaty (and i wear bracelets all the time and don't have problems - it's just something about the material in the bands). also, i find it really hard to position the mickey properly so that the reader actually reads it.

royal caribbean just started using similar bands on one of their ships and they are great - lightweight material, not bulky at all, and work consistently.

i can see the benefits to the band, as then you don't have to carry your card everywhere, but i'd rather just shove my card in my pocket than wear a magic band.

personally, i really don't like the magic bands. they are bulky and make my wrist sweaty (and i wear bracelets all the time and don't have problems - it's just something about the material in the bands). also, i find it really hard to position the mickey properly so that the reader actually reads it.

royal caribbean just started using similar bands on one of their ships and they are great - lightweight material, not bulky at all, and work consistently.

i can see the benefits to the band, as then you don't have to carry your card everywhere, but i'd rather just shove my card in my pocket than wear a magic band.

I agree. I'm not a fan of the "band". I don't like having to contort my body so the little Mickey hits the target. Most of the time I have to put down whatever I'm carrying anyway, just like using a card. The last time we were there it took 1 1/2hrs to check in because of the "band". I kept it in my pocket and it was much easier to use.

Last edited:
Hi, all!

Could you add us to your list? DH :darth:, DD (10) pluto: and me :tink:! Looking forward to it!

We would be interested in the FE as well!!!

:mickeybarDCL Wonder (98), DCL Dream (2011), DCL Fantasy (2013), DCL Wonder (2014)

Please add my family to the FE List:
Mom: Jen
Dad: Joe
DD: Kalley (10)
Stateroom: 5020
Celebrating Joe's birthday (44) and our Anniversary (17 years)

Thanks a bunch!
:mickeybar

Please add my family to the FE List:
Mom: Jen
Dad: Joe
DD: Kalley (10)
Stateroom: 5020
Celebrating Joe's birthday (44) and our Anniversary (17 years)

Thanks a bunch!
:mickeybar

Welcome to our group :welcome:

I have added you to ou FE list, thanks for joining.

Good Morning fellow cruisers and :welcome: to those who have recently joined us. It's 3 degrees outside right now and I could use a little "Castaway Cay" retreat :sunny:.

Off Topic question for PI / JQ / or anyone else: We're going to be at "the world" over Memorial Day weekend. Don't they typically do a 24 hour day at MK
on the Friday of that weekend? I'm hoping. We're staying at the Contemporary and that would work out perfectly.

For this cruise, we'll be flying Southwest from BWI to Ft Lauderdale. I'll have to decide on where we'll stay overnight on the 27th. Any suggestions? This will be our first cruise out of Miami, so in that aspect, we're newbies ;)

PI: Glad to see your traveling entourage has increased!! We're still waiting for our son and DIL to decide what they are doing, but DD and grandson will definately be there.:cheer2:

Off Topic question for PI / JQ / or anyone else: We're going to be at "the world" over Memorial Day weekend. Don't they typically do a 24 hour day at MK
on the Friday of that weekend? I'm hoping. We're staying at the Contemporary and that would work out perfectly.

For this cruise, we'll be flying Southwest from BWI to Ft Lauderdale. I'll have to decide on where we'll stay overnight on the 27th. Any suggestions? This will be our first cruise out of Miami, so in that aspect, we're newbies ;)

PI: Glad to see your traveling entourage has increased!! We're still waiting for our son and DIL to decide what they are doing, but DD and grandson will definately be there.:cheer2:

Nothing official yet on this years 24hr party but they've done it for the past 3 yrs. Last year the announcement was made on 2/28/14 so keep an eye out.
It's rumored they'll tie something in with the 60th Disneyland celebration which is kicking off on May 22nd.

re: FLL overnight. I posted a while back that we stayed at the Sheraton FLL airport. they offer a free shuttle service to/from the airport. We then used SAS transport to pick us up at the hotel and drive us to the Port of Miami. I'll post some hotel pics so you can get a better idea.

Yes, we are planning away with the new group in tow.
I'm not expecting much with the Concierge class on the Magic but that upgrade is hopefully bettering our chances for a cabana! We really enjoy them, especially my dad!

I think we should all try to snag a cabana for Halloween and have all the kids here trick or treat at each one!! (of course I don't have any kids except the grandkids now, and I can't seem to twist my other daughters arm enough to jump onboard) I wish they were joining us too.

Last edited:
We be be cruising with all of you! We were on the Fantasy in 2013 for Halloween and had a great time so we are doing a shorter trip for my DD birthday this year. We are interested in participating in FE, we had so much fun last time making our gifts as a family and loved everything we received. There are 3 of us me, Michelle, my DH Chris and DD Sydney celebrating her 12th birthday on the 29th. Thanks, looking forward to cruising with all of you!!

Hi Guys,
I think my DH and I will be joining you all. We've moved our dummy date to this cruise but are still waiting on my DH's work schedule. We will not be joining the FE this time since we won't know until about July for sure.

This would be our 4th cruise. 1st on the Magic though. We've done the Dream twice and just recently the Wonder. I was really disapointed with the Wonder's accessibility. I use a scooter and had a terrible time going anywhere on my own because the door ledges were really high and the scooter couldn't make it over or the doors weren't automatic. I hope they fixed those issues when the Magic was reimagined. I didn't have any issues on th Dream.

I wonder if we'll be one of the lucky ones who gets the "Frozen Deck Party"
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...rd-activities/deck-parties/frozen-deck-party/

I was disapointed with the Pirate Night on our Wonder cruise. I don't know if they've changed it since my Dream trip or if it's different on the different ships

As of right now they have Pirate Night listed on Nassau Day. Check it out:
(but things can always change)

:boat: Itinerary :boat:

Oct 28 - Miami, Florida — 4:00 p.m.
Oct 29 - Castaway Cay - 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Oct 30 - Nassau - 07:00 a.m. to 03:45 p.m. pirate: PIRATE DECK PARTY 9:45 p.m. pirate:
Oct 31 - Castaway Cay - 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.

Nov 01- Miami, Florida 7:30 a.m. —

I think they will only do the frozen deck party where they are not allowed to do fireworks. So Alaska, replacing the Pixar party and the Norwegian fjords. Not sure if they had fireworks in the Baltics in 2010 but they will probably stick to the frozen thing through Northern Europe and possibly change back when the magic gets to the Mediterranean. If it is really popular then they might decide to keep it, the pirate party gets pretty boring once you have already seen it.

I wonder if we'll be one of the lucky ones who gets the "Frozen Deck Party"
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...rd-activities/deck-parties/frozen-deck-party/

I was disapointed with the Pirate Night on our Wonder cruise. I don't know if they've changed it since my Dream trip or if it's different on the different ships

They do different pirate parties on different ships. The Dream and Fantasy have a different party than the Magic and Wonder. After our voyage on the Dream, we were hoping they had changed the party on the smaller ships to match, but alas, it was the old party on the smaller ships. The Fantasy does the same party as the Dream. Oh well. We had no party at all on our Alaskan cruise! It was before Frozen, so it's nice that they do a Frozen party now. Actually I take that back... I think there was a pirate party in the atrium lobby. But of course, no fireworks. It was so dang cold at night on deck that I doubt I would have had the guts to be out there for fireworks anyway! It was hard enough trying to be brave enough to get sunset pics in the chilly Alaskan wind. Brr. Weakling Floridian here lol.

I just booked our two night stay in Miami for before the cruise. We live about four hours from Miami, but I feel like you can never be too safe! I couldn't imagine breaking down the day of. Eep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter