10/27 2012 A little Halloween MAGIC!

You should be fine to do the FE exchange being on a GTY room. We will know a few weeks prior to departure which rooms we're in so should be fine. :-) Come join the fun!

Should I sign us up for the FE? It's a new thing since my last cruise and I've only sort of figured out what it is. Is it a good fit for moms-without-kids-along?

That asked, this is my partner's first cruise and we're celebrating our anniversary, and I'd love to make it as special as possible....thoughts? Advice? Any other ides?

Should I sign us up for the FE? It's a new thing since my last cruise and I've only sort of figured out what it is. Is it a good fit for moms-without-kids-along?

That asked, this is my partner's first cruise and we're celebrating our anniversary, and I'd love to make it as special as possible....thoughts? Advice? Any other ides?

WE aren't bringing any kids - WE ARE THE KIDS. :rotfl2: almost 50 and LOVE doing fish extenders!;)

FE's are for anyone! It is fun little "surprise" when you return to your room at night. :-) I would definitely suggest Palo for a special occasion. DCL is a great cruise line for adults sailing without kids with adult shows, adult activities all day, the spa, the adult dinner restaurant, the adult pool, the Cove Cafe adults only coffee bar, night clubs, you don't hardly have to see children on board if you don't want to. :-) LOL!

I just called and was told the following for the dress up nights...which is different then a few other people were told.

Night 2 - formal night
Night 4 - Pirate Night
Night 5 - Semi Formal night

WHich woudn't be good as night 5 is Halloween. we are trying to figure out if there would be a costume night in addition to the pirate night.

If anyone else calls - please post.

I am sure I will call again too.

Hey everyone! We are going to be on this sailing too! It will be Me (32), DH (35), my DD (16 months) and my Mom :) It will be Mom's and DD's first sailing! Hoping to meet other's with little ones!!:thumbsup2

I will be on the 10/27 from Galveston. It will be me, my DH and DD (22). Cannot wait!!!

Cruising with my DH and DD who will be 30 months and potty trained. We booked a 5B GTY verandah. Can't wait!:banana:

I'm so sorry guys... I was typing on my Ipad last night and I just read my posts from last night. It was supposed to say " Is anyone interested in a Facebook page if I set one up?"

I just called and was told the following for the dress up nights...which is different then a few other people were told.

Night 2 - formal night
Night 4 - Pirate Night
Night 5 - Semi Formal night

WHich woudn't be good as night 5 is Halloween. we are trying to figure out if there would be a costume night in addition to the pirate night.

If anyone else calls - please post.

I am sure I will call again too.

I emailed my DCL contact again and this was his response....

As of now we are showing the dining rotation as:
"Night # 2 - Formal night
Night # 4 - Pirate night
Night # 6 - Semi Formal night

Please keep in mind that this can change at any time by the ships discression"

When I spoke to DCL prior to making my reservation, they indicated that there would most likely be some type of "event" on Halloween night for the cruise...she said that it is up to the crew on board, but there is usually some of type of costume party and trick-or-treat stations set up around the ship.

Thanks for checking again..I like this better as halloween night is not on the formal night!!

Yeahhhh
I emailed my DCL contact again and this was his response....

As of now we are showing the dining rotation as:
"Night # 2 - Formal night
Night # 4 - Pirate night
Night # 6 - Semi Formal night

Please keep in mind that this can change at any time by the ships discression"

When I spoke to DCL prior to making my reservation, they indicated that there would most likely be some type of "event" on Halloween night for the cruise...she said that it is up to the crew on board, but there is usually some of type of costume party and trick-or-treat stations set up around the ship.

Hi everyone...I have been doing research just like I am sure some of you guys have on excursions at the port.

I am not sure yet what we want to do, but I did contact someone in the Caymans to find out the availability of an excursion wtih this company.

They normally do their excursions from 12-6 which we can't do, but if we had enough people he would do the excursion from 8:30am to 2:30 pm if we did the 6 hour tour.

NOW - we have not decided for sure on this, but of course I know we can't do it if it was just us as he won't change the tour time without a full boat. (we know we want to snorkel, but may want to do some stuff on land...still trying to resesarch).

Here are some links:
http://www.caymansixsenses.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...ses_Eco_Tour-Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html

WE can tailor the trip ourselves if we rent the boat out.
4 hours, 5 hours or 6 hours is what I got prices for. Prices range from $65.00 to 100.00 per person. He takes max of 10 people.

Just curious if anyone would be interested enough for me to keep it on my list of options.

Hi
sooooo excited we just booked this cruise:banana:. This is our 2nd DC and sailing will be me, DH, DS10 and DS7. We kept our last cruise secret until the day we left for the airport and are hoping to do the same this time. We are in a VGT so heres hoping for a good room.

We did the FE last time and it was so much fun! do I just add my name to the list if we want to participate.
Thanks
Nikki
x

I'm going to go sign us up on the FE list as soon as I can make my iPad behave on google docs. Now to find out / research what it entails...little gifts and surprises... Woohoo! :)

We're sooooooo looking forward to this cruise! I check this thread every day to see what is new, if there's more people on board ("on board," get it?), and generally get more excited! I can't wait to meet my first DIS'ers!

Joye (and Brenda)

Sorry meant to say that would be great to set up an fb page. Thanks so much.

I think we are going to have an empty ship. I only booked last night and all spaces were available for Palo and I got a check in time of 11.30!!! oh well it will be nice to have an empty pool!!:rotfl2:
Nikki

Cruisefish lists 95% of cabin types still available. Private dining and empty pools, woohoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter