10/27 2012 A little Halloween MAGIC!

It's been forever since I've signed in, but I'm so glad to see this date gathering steam. One note regarding the FE: in the past, we have always set the cut off date for one month out from the cruise...so...Sept. 27. If anyone comes along after that, I always welcome them to join, but tell them no guarantees that they would receive something from everyone on the list. I always prepare a few extra, though, so this isn't usually a problem.

Once GTY room assignments start rolling in, I will send out copies of deck plans with everyones room numbers marked. This makes deliveries SO MUCH easier.

So, so looking forward to this cruise--and so glad to see all the new folks that have booked since my last login!!

Any interest in a Beat Street crawl one night?

We signed up for the Native Cayman and Saltwater Forest excursion in Grand Cayman. Is anyone familiar with it? I haven't found much info but it sounds interesting!

Ooo, a Beat Street crawl sounds like fun! Hopefully not *actually* crawling by the end of it...

We signed up for the Native Cayman and Saltwater Forest excursion in Grand Cayman. Is anyone familiar with it? I haven't found much info but it sounds interesting!

Depending on the night I think DH and I would be up for it! We are traveling with a little one...and Grandma!:rotfl:

Angie,

I am super excited about he FE exchange! Even though we have cruised one other time on the Disney Fantasy we did not participate in the FE exchange. I am not completely sure how this all works? From what I can tell we will get a list of all the families on the ship that are participating in the FE exchange and we will then put together things to give each family correct?

Thanks!

Shannon

MickeyFan84 said:
What does this entail? We may be interested, but depends since we're crushing with our 2.5 yr old DD

This is the excursion Mom and I are doing, too. But I don't really know anything about it other than the brief description on the DCL website.

Hi all!

I'm new to DISboards as well as this thread! We are headed on our first DCL cruise on October 27th. Our DS is 6 and DD will be 3. Super excited and it can't come fast enough!! I'm looking in to excursions if anyone has ideas. Also hoping for a fun Halloween!

Looking forward to talking to everyone!

Angie,

I am super excited about he FE exchange! Even though we have cruised one other time on the Disney Fantasy we did not participate in the FE exchange. I am not completely sure how this all works? From what I can tell we will get a list of all the families on the ship that are participating in the FE exchange and we will then put together things to give each family correct?

Thanks!

Shannon

Yes, Shannon. I made the document in Google docs so people could access it whenever they like. You can print the final list off just before the cruise date. As I mentioned before, I'll also post floor plans with participants' rooms noted.

Just hang a bag (or custom made fish extender--you can find those on EBay or Etsy) on the fish outside of your cabin door and wait for the surprises to arrive! Some leave something from their home state, most do something Disney themed. Some leave trinkets or candy, some do more...but it's really just all about the fun of participating. Some of my favorite things I got were Disney themed pencils, pens, notepads, and magnets. I took them to the office, and they always remind me of my time on board. There are several threads of FE ideas...take a look when you have a LOT of time to spare! :rotfl:

I had mentioned the Facebook page. I will find time tomorrow to set one up. Then I will post the link here for you all to join. YAY!!!

Ooo, a Beat Street crawl sounds like fun! Hopefully not *actually* crawling by the end of it...
A Beat Street crawl sounds like a ton of fun! My cousin's wife and I are going and we're hoping there will be plenty of fun people to meet. This will be my 8th Disney cruise and her first. I can't wait!!

Are you planning to bring a pirate costume AND a Halloween costume? Does anyone have a clue when Pirate Night will be?

Are you planning to bring a pirate costume AND a Halloween costume? Does anyone have a clue when Pirate Night will be?

From the notes I have Pirate night is on the 4th night while Halloween is on the 5th. Hubby and I are going to Palo on Pirate night but we ARE packing Halloween costumes!!

I talked to Disney tonight. Formal night is night 2, Pirate is night 4, semi formal night 6. They are having special Halloween events, ie trick-or-treating and a costume contests. They would prefer Disney oriented costumes (of coarse!!!).

Here's the group page I made for the cruise. I hope the link works!!!
Come join in on the fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter