10/27 2012 A little Halloween MAGIC!

EEs*Mommy

Mouseketeer
Anyone else sailing out of Galveston on the Magic for October 2012 ? 10/27/12 7 day cruise. It will be our first cruise on Disney we are excited. Our kiddos at cruising will be 3 4 4 6 and 17. Our oldest DD is more than likely not going to be with us she is enlisting in the Navy soon :( We are also pretty excited about no flights just a drive! Well the people paying for it (hubby and myself) are lol.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise

I think we are going to be on this cruise as well :thumbsup2 Right now there are 4 of us in 2 staterooms as my Mum and sister are going to be with DH and I. It will be our 4th Disney cruise, their 1st.

I debated these dates just because the price went up a little (I guess for Halloween) over the previous few weeks..but sailing over Halloween was just too good to pass up! :goodvibes

It's going to be SO wonderful to not have to pack and fly!! We are just northwest of Houston, so nice and close! :thumbsup2

Oh yah! So excited another diser will be there too! :) I think cruising on Halloween is going to be fab! It is my favorite holiday! We still have about a 5 hour drive in but I think it will be well worth the trip!! ;)
I did not know the prices went up! Our nephew and his wife have talked about going I guess I need to tell them to get in gear and book!

I don't think I was clear about the prices. The prices for our cruise haven't gone up (that I know of) but the prices for the 10/27 sailing are slightly higher than the couple of weeks before. :goodvibes

It will be interesting to see if these cruises out of Galveston are popular. We have a lot of friends that were REALLY excited about Disney sailing so close to home, but the dates and prices (compared to others sailing similar itineraries) have most of them deciding against it. :confused3

What's the weather like during that time of year? Do we need to worry about storms? We're cruising this Halloween out of Los Angeles, CA on the Disneny Wonder and if all goes well, we would like to book this cruise next.

What's the weather like during that time of year? Do we need to worry about storms? We're cruising this Halloween out of Los Angeles, CA on the Disneny Wonder and if all goes well, we would like to book this cruise next.

Well, this is still in hurricane season, although toward the end of it, and of course there's always that chance when you are doing a cruise in the Gulf. :sick:

Other than the chance of that - the weather should be great. Highs in the 80's lows in the low 70s. :thumbsup2

Oh ok :) I didn't realize there were cheaper weeks. I probably would have done it because I am super de duper cheap ;) It is cheaper to sail other lines but it's just for different interests I guess.
I am not that worried about sailing during hurricane season because the captain will reroute if needed. We may end up not going to cozumel and end up in Jamaica but I am ok with that too ;)

Oh ok :) I didn't realize there were cheaper weeks. I probably would have done it because I am super de duper cheap ;) It is cheaper to sail other lines but it's just for different interests I guess.
I am not that worried about sailing during hurricane season because the captain will reroute if needed. We may end up not going to cozumel and end up in Jamaica but I am ok with that too ;)

It isn't a ton, but I think it was a couple of hundred cheaper - at least for the category that we looked at. :confused3

I wouldn't really mind missing one of the Mexico ports either, but I'd hate to miss Grand Cayman as it's the one stop my Mum (who will be 84 when we sail) would like to see. :goodvibes However it works out, we'll be on a Disney cruise...and it doesn't matter WHERE we are! :cool1:

It sounds like this cruise would be worth taking a chance on. How can you go wrong with Disney?

It sounds like this cruise would be worth taking a chance on. How can you go wrong with Disney?

Absolutely :thumbsup2 IMO there's no such thing as a bad Disney cruise. Someone else makes my bed, cleans the room, cooks my food, does the dishes AND will bring me a drink! :lovestruc I could probably never leave Galveston and STILL enjoy it. :rotfl2:

I am currently booked on this cruise with my sister's family also, but will be re-shopping on-board my November 2011 Dream cruise. If the price for this sailing has gone up too much, we will have to pick another week to go.

While I am excited about spending Halloween on-board, the following week is my birthday, so that would be great too!

One way or another I will be sailing the Magic out of Galveston!!

I am currently booked on this cruise with my sister's family also, but will be re-shopping on-board my November 2011 Dream cruise. If the price for this sailing has gone up too much, we will have to pick another week to go.

While I am excited about spending Halloween on-board, the following week is my birthday, so that would be great too!

Hi :goodvibes Hope that you manage to get a good deal when you are onboard. We reshopped when we were onboard the Dream in July and the price hadn't changed :thumbsup2 We got the OBC and the discount :banana: To be honest, I'm not super-thrilled about the itinerary, but I wasn't about to miss being able to sail out of Galveston. :yay::woohoo:

Hi :goodvibes Hope that you manage to get a good deal when you are onboard. We reshopped when we were onboard the Dream in July and the price hadn't changed :thumbsup2 We got the OBC and the discount :banana: To be honest, I'm not super-thrilled about the itinerary, but I wasn't about to miss being able to sail out of Galveston. :yay::woohoo:
Should I book now or is it better to wait till we sail in a few months?

Should I book now or is it better to wait till we sail in a few months?

It's hard to say. I booked the first day that they announced the new itinerary and when we sailed the prices hadn't changed, or if they had it was only by a few dollars. I would doubt that the prices would go up by more than the 10% that you will save by booking onboard, but there aren't any guarantees. :confused3 It's really up to you. I booked, paid the full deposit etc, and then reshopped it onboard and rebooked it paying a new deposit etc. DCL refunded the deposit on my initial reservation and I was able to get the exact same staterooms. :thumbsup2

It sounds like they really work with you. Do you only put 10% down instead of 20% when you book on board?

It sounds like they really work with you. Do you only put 10% down instead of 20% when you book on board?

I think that it's 50% off the usual deposit, 10% off the cruise price and an onboard credit which varies depending on length of your cruise and your Castaway Club status. :thumbsup2 If you know already what you want then you can just go ahead and get them to price it. You just have to book before the last day of your cruise. I reshopped this cruise from Galveston, AND ended up doing a dummy date. I told them that I just wanted to hold a "dummy date". They basically price you at the lowest available cabin rate for the furthest day out that they can book. Our dummy date was for a Cat 11 (I think) on a 12/13/12 sailing on the Magic, that I changed to a 5/5/12 Fantasy sailing after we got back.

It isn't a ton, but I think it was a couple of hundred cheaper - at least for the category that we looked at. :confused3

I wouldn't really mind missing one of the Mexico ports either, but I'd hate to miss Grand Cayman as it's the one stop my Mum (who will be 84 when we sail) would like to see. :goodvibes However it works out, we'll be on a Disney cruise...and it doesn't matter WHERE we are! :cool1:
Amen! I love the Caymans so I am hoping that we do get to go there at least. :goodvibes

Well either week I agree sounds wonderful! Hope to see you though!:cloud9:!!

I think that it's 50% off the usual deposit, 10% off the cruise price and an onboard credit which varies depending on length of your cruise and your Castaway Club status. :thumbsup2 If you know already what you want then you can just go ahead and get them to price it. You just have to book before the last day of your cruise. I reshopped this cruise from Galveston, AND ended up doing a dummy date. I told them that I just wanted to hold a "dummy date". They basically price you at the lowest available cabin rate for the furthest day out that they can book. Our dummy date was for a Cat 11 (I think) on a 12/13/12 sailing on the Magic, that I changed to a 5/5/12 Fantasy sailing after we got back.
That is a great deal! I need to remember that for our cruise!

Well we may be delaying ours by a year. My oldest just joined the Navy and will be graduating in April. Between that and our yearly mini vacas to Galveston and NOLA we are not sure we will have enough vacation time for the cruise :(

Well we may be delaying ours by a year. My oldest just joined the Navy and will be graduating in April. Between that and our yearly mini vacas to Galveston and NOLA we are not sure we will have enough vacation time for the cruise :(

B-U-M-M-E-R!!:sad1: I totally understand though, this is "tentative" for us too depending on my Mum's health. Hopefully she's well enough to make it, but at 83 you just never know. Life can get in the way when you are looking at vacations so far ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter