10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

ksinglet said:
I did it on our cruise in October. I plan on doing this one too, my 9 year old wants to do it too. She's going to do a couple 5K's with me before the trip.

Awesome! See you there. :wave2:

Just booked this on Friday. I'll be traveling solo but have a few friends that had already booked. I just sent a request to join the Facebook group. Look forward to meeting everyone!

:welcome:

How long is it?? I've never run anything like this before either, and I'm DEFINITELY not in shape to run either!! When does it start? Maybe I'll get my DS and DW to go with me!! Is there a cost to doing it? I assume it's a fundraiser type of thing!!

That would be great!
No cost. The event takes place in the morning at Castaway Cay around 9am.
Check your Navigator the night before for information on where and when to meet up.
Here is the link where you can find more information on this.
http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/07/03/disney-cruise-lines-castaway-cay-5k/

I have this crazy idea. :idea:
Im planning to do the CC 5K.
I have NEVER run anything before and definitely not in shape for a race.
So I will properly probably WALK it and get that freaking cool Mickey medal. :love:
That's if I can finish before the CM left. :rolleyes2
Anyone else plan to participate the CC 5K? :)

A 5K is approximately 3.1 miles.

I've done three with DCL. Its a great way to see the island. Don't worry about needing to run the whole thing. If you jog or even walk it, getting out and doing a bit of exercise is good for you and it's a great way to see the island!

That would be great!
No cost. The event takes place in the morning at Castaway Cay around 9am.
Check your Navigator the night before for information on where and when to meet up.
Here is the link where you can find more information on this.
http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/07/03/disney-cruise-lines-castaway-cay-5k/

I've done three with DCL. Its a great way to see the island. Don't worry about needing to run the whole thing. If you jog or even walk it, getting out and doing a bit of exercise is good for you and it's a great way to see the island!

Thanks for the info!! :thumbsup2 I think I can walk 3.1 miles without a problem!! Noy sure about my DS (9) or my DD (6) though!!!! :confused3

Thanks! I will be there. :thumbsup2

Did everyone on FE sign up for Facebook?
I only have my family members on my facebook.
Do I have to send a friend request? :confused3

Yeah, just seach and find it. I am not doing the FE but still part of the group to chat :D

Thanks!
I found it but couldn't log out DH's facebook, so I requested using his facebook.
Now I got to figure it out how to chat. :rolleyes2

I've a feeling this sailing will easily sell out. It's the only double dip and it's right after a dry dock so we get to see what gets done.

I am thinking the same thing, Bonnnie! I feel like i'm going on a maiden voyage, for sure! I might be even more excited for this cruise than I was for the Fantasy, if that's possible!

I couldn't take the risk. So it's official! I transfered a couple days ago. :banana:

Hi all,
My husband and I booked the DD cruise last weekend, and I just tried to "friend" the FB page.
Enjoy reading all your posts, this will be my sixth Disney cruise :0)

Maybe we can all get in shape together to do the race/ walk, I am game and need the exercise!

Maybe we can all get in shape together to do the race/ walk, I am game and need the exercise!

I am rather addicted to RunDisney. Most trips to WDW or DLR the past three years have been timed around a race. That being said, I am slow, short and 'stocky'. Each and every time I do the Castaway 5K, I come in dead last.

Having some motivation and an enjoyable environment are wonderful to getting up and moving. I went and took pictures for a DIS boards blog in 2010 during marathon weekend in January. Just being there, witnessing it gave me the inspiration to sign up for my first Disney race. The great thing about the Castaway Cay 5K is that it is free, you're running in a great DCL exclusive location and you get a cute medallion for finishing.

Long ramble cut down: "I'm in for it!"

jeanigor said:
I am rather addicted to RunDisney. Most trips to WDW or DLR the past three years have been timed around a race. That being said, I am slow, short and 'stocky'. Each and every time I do the Castaway 5K, I come in dead last.

Having some motivation and an enjoyable environment are wonderful to getting up and moving. I went and took pictures for a DIS boards blog in 2010 during marathon weekend in January. Just being there, witnessing it gave me the inspiration to sign up for my first Disney race. The great thing about the Castaway Cay 5K is that it is free, you're running in a great DCL exclusive location and you get a cute medallion for finishing.

Long ramble cut down: "I'm in for it!"

Thanks for replying, I am new to this DIS board but love all the information!

ksinglet said:
I did it on our cruise in October. I plan on doing this one too, my 9 year old wants to do it too. She's going to do a couple 5K's with me before the trip.

I am going to try and look forward to it!

So a friend of ours is sailing on the Fantasy on July 6, 2013. I helped her find her thread for her trip to try and join the FE's and see what else people were saying!!

Ok, remember, they sail July 6th this year...

....they have 46 posts in 4 pages!! :sad2:

We don't sail till October 20 and we have 18 pages and 259 posts!!! :lmao:

I'm so so glad I'm on this cruise!!! :banana: :love: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1:

So a friend of ours is sailing on the Fantasy on July 6, 2013. I helped her find her thread for her trip to try and join the FE's and see what else people were saying!!

Ok, remember, they sail July 6th this year...

....they have 46 posts in 4 pages!! :sad2:

We don't sail till October 20 and we have 18 pages and 259 posts!!! :lmao:

I'm so so glad I'm on this cruise!!! :banana: :love: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1:

I'm glad I'm here as well.
However, I decided to cancel my request to join the Facebook group this morning.
Looks like everyone have been chatting over the Facebook instead and our FE organizer still hasn't add my request to participate in the FE and DISmeet.
I feel kind of left out. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter