10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by TheBeadPirate, Aug 5, 2012.

1. IndigoMickey

IndigoMickey Mouseketeer

I'm sorry to hear that; I hope you get good news from the doctor and those working with 'em.:flower3:

-Anni

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. IndigoMickey

IndigoMickey Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2 A meet & greet would be great!

The gift exchange could be fun, too!!:)

-Anni

4. IndigoMickey

IndigoMickey Mouseketeer

Welcome! I hope you can join us.:)

5. goeva

goeva DIS Veteran

Greetings from Texas.
    We're going to transfer our current ressi and join you all on this cruise. Cant resist CC double dip. :cloud9:
    It will be me (Eva), DH (Tim), DD (9), DS (4) at the time of cruise. :goodvibes

6. IndigoMickey

IndigoMickey Mouseketeer

Eva, glad you can join us.

-Anni

7. ksinglet

ksinglet Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

I like the idea of a first day meet up - my last cruise had one planned but we were the cruise following hurricane Sandy & we weren't allowed to board til later in the day and had no sail away party due to the late arrival of the ship.

We would also be up for a gift exchange.

Our last cruise also did custom lanyards. I sent a message to the person who organized them to see what was all involved, but they came out to be only $3 per person. If that is of any interest to anyone I'll look into it further when I get info from my past group member.

8. ksinglet

Curious.....:scratchin

Is renting out your points a better deal than using them to "pay" for your cruise? We are DVC members & have used our points to cruise the last 5 years. We decided to book cash this year because we are a year borrowed out in our points we wanted to catch up a year.

9. EvaSue

EvaSue DIS Veteran

Two Eva's! Now we'll really confuse people!

10. rescuetink

rescuetink DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! W

It's all in how you look at it!! Different people will give you a different opinion!! For US it works better because I don't want to go to WDW now as my kids aren't into rides too much, and we all love the DCL trips... ESPECIALLY my kids!!! :lovestruc And that's all that really matters... Isn't it??? :lmao:

11. ksinglet

We have never used our points for more than 2 days at WDW pre or post cruise. We bought into DVC strictly because we could use them to pay for our cruise as opposed to going to WDW. I've never thought of renting them out - mainly because we have been 1 year in the hole since we bought:rotfl2:
    I suppose I'd have to sit down and do the math on what the points are worth as cash to see the exchange rate......hmmmm food for thought!

12. rescuetink

I listed 2 years worth of points for rent and I just rented almost all of them!! :thumbsup2

13. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

I love renting points. Its a win-win situation. I get a better room for the money on property and the owner gets some cash in his/her hand for points they weren't going to use.

14. mc2

mc2 Mouseketeer

My MIL just decided to book - another person for our travel party (Me (33), DH (39), DD (8), DS (6), and DD (3 the following month), my father, and his mother - my mother will also be coming if she can get vacation time from work).

It will be my MIL's first cruise (ever). :)

15. goeva

goeva DIS Veteran

It would be so awesome to cruise with extended family.
    party:

16. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

Woohoo, so excited. I got my first piece of mail today. It was a little planner brochure :woohoo:

17. rescuetink

We got ours a few days ago!!!

18. mc2

mc2 Mouseketeer

Is this something we're all getting in the mail?

19. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

Yeah, it came in the mail. I wasn't expecting anything since we booked through DU. It was just a brochure talking about what was on the DCL site. Still, made me happy to get something official :)

20. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Well I'm very sad to say this but I have to cancel this cruise. My boss just went through all the vacation requests and someone else requested this time before me. It's a small company and only one of us can be gone at a time.

Hope you all have a fabulous time! My fingers are crossed they have a double dip sometime in 2014.

21. IndigoMickey

IndigoMickey Mouseketeer

Pam, we're sorry you can't make it.

-Anni