• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/19/13 Wonder. Galveston to W Caribbean.

Very nice cabin amenities on Disney (much better than the shower dispensaries on many other lines).

What lines have you cruised before? Disney, IMO, is somewhat different (in a better way), than other lines, although I still love Royal Caribbean.

We've been on NCL twice, RC once and Carnival four times. Our last cruise with Carnival was somewhat disappointing. We most likely won't do Carnival again. Anxious to try Disney. Our kids are grown so no little ones but we love family atmosphere.

I think I checked the other ports in Jamaica that day and it looked like we do have the island to ourselves. There is a Carnival at both Cozumel and cAyman those days.

Wait...looks like Coral Princess will be in Ocho Rios that day. Bummer.

But I don't see my excursion on their options list!

Okay, its been almost 50 years since I last dressed up for Halloween, but DW & I were planning on it (I actually bought a costume for a Carnival cruise out of NYC last October that we missed because of Hurricane Sandy). Only one problem for us: the Adult Costume Party is a late night event (10 - 10:30 or so), and since we're cruising with our 4 yr old DGD, we'll have to miss the party.

For anyone with young children: the Kid's clubs are open late that night, they provide mats for the kids to lay on and watch movies if they choose. For our DGD, I think she's a bit too young for that - if she had a sibling it might work, but by herself, probably not.

I'm not complaining - I think its actually nice they have the activities for adults only - it just doesn't fit our family, but for many it works well.

Would be pretty cool if Jamaica is quiet really looking forward to enjoying that one the most.

What is everyone doing this weekend with only 2 weekends left until we leave!

Well, at some point I need to go buy a new suitcase, my current large one has seen enough travel that its time to retire.

Also need to go get some new watch batteries for me and DW.

So, nothing really exciting.

What is everyone doing this weekend with only 2 weekends left until we leave!

Sitting at my desk and looking out at a dreary day - definitely not cruising weather here in Central NY!

Also, since we're flying United, not happy about having to pay $25 per bag, especially because, with all the FE stuff, we'll probably need 3 suitcases!

And, I have a wedding today, so that will at least be cheery.

Reports are starting to show up from The Wonder's first Galveston trip. There's a couple of threads on the main boards, mostly all positive comments.

Also, a couple of cruisers have posted the Navigators for their cruise - not the same itinerary as us, but it gives a good idea of what to expect.

Is anyone else hoping for a room assignment today? We booked OGT at about 45 days out. The suspense has been fun, but I'm not going to get anything else done until we find out & I have a lot to do other than sit glued to the iPad!

We received our room assignments today!! We booked VGT & OGT.:goodvibes

We booked a Guaranteed Navigator category (7A). I know at least 2 others who booked that category. We got 6632, aft; another got Deck 6 midship; another got upgraded to a 4A balcony - seems to be just the luck of the draw and, at this point, whatever cabins are unsold.

I had booked GTY 07A and I got bumped to 5B on Deck 7. Pretty happy on that one.
What did you all get?
And remember if you are in the FE to report your room numbers on there. We only have a couple more we are waiting on. Though I think all of group one is assigned.

I hear that we will be celebrating Halloween on this cruise! I didn't get any notice but other have that I've read. Does anyone know which night?

Also, we are headed to the Green Grotto Caves in Falmouth. Anyone else going. We just booked it a few days ago because we were worried about rain at the beaches and such.

I had booked GTY 07A and I got bumped to 5B on Deck 7. Pretty happy on that one.
What did you all get?
And remember if you are in the FE to report your room numbers on there. We only have a couple more we are waiting on. Though I think all of group one is assigned.

I books a 7A GTY back in April and got assigned a 5A. This is our first cruise so pretty excited about that.

We got our suitcases out last week, but haven't started packing yet. Will probably start this Saturday or Sunday. We leave next week Thursday and are flying United into IAH. I really hope the transfer from IAH to Galveston goes smoothly and we don't end up sitting around waiting for half the day...

I hear that we will be celebrating Halloween on this cruise! I didn't get any notice but other have that I've read. Does anyone know which night?

Talked to DCL today. Halloween events will be spread throughout the cruise. No definitive word yet on which event will take place on which day, but it's not just one day, if that answers your question somewhat. We might not even know until we are onboard.

Congrats to all those who got upgrades! Since we're down in "steerage" (Deck 2), now we have someone to come visit in "first class"!! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter